PDA

View Full Version : Q&A: Tony Parker wiser than ever

Cloud786
01-31-2015, 06:06 PM
Full disclosure: Tony Parker and I are cousins. Distant, but not so distant. His grandmother was my uncle's wife's sister. I grew up idolizing Tony's father, my older cousin Big Tony. "TP" for short. He was the one in our family who had superstar written all over him, the one who was going to the NBA, the one we all wanted to play ball like because he was that good when we were coming up. Instead "Big Tony" became a basketball star in Europe and for years, whenever he'd come home, all he'd talk about was how good "Lil' Tony" was. We all thought he was just braggin', as fathers do about their sons. Until one day ...

Scoop: How much smarter do you feel you are now as a basketball player than you were say ...
Parker: Five years ago? A lot more! Of course. The more you play the more experience you gain, and I feel right now I'm at the top of my game.

Scoop: Yeah, but do you feel that you are a better player though?

Parker: Definitely.

Scoop: So if you had to choose between Tony Parker now and the Tony Parker from five years ago, you'd choose ... ?

Parker: I'd choose my wisdom now and my youth of five years ago. [Laughs]

Scoop: Last year when you all finally won, I want to take you out of that moment for a second. Only because at that time it was easy to say that's the greatest moment of your career when you are in that moment, but now that you are removed from it, does that moment still mean what it did then? Like, does that championship still mean more than all of the other ones you have?

Parker: Yeah. Oh, yeah. Like, the first one was unbelievable because it's the first one. And then the third one was great because for me it was MVP of the Finals, so personally it was great. The second one, to go to a Game 7 and win it, that one was unbelievable too.

The fact that they happened so fast you have a tendency to not realize how hard it is because you want to stay tough. I mean, everyone knows it's easy to have one great year but it's hard to play well for so many years and to be able to do it for 13-14 years, seven years after the last one, we win it again. Because the way we reacted to 2013 shows a lot of character of our team. So that's what makes it even more special is the fact that you lose in 2013 and everyone thinks that you're done and to come back the following year, playing the same team, and to beat them the way that we did it, by 15 every game, the largest margin of any NBA Finals, is great.

Scoop: Was it personal with you all last year?

Parker: I would not say personal, but definitely motivated obviously. Nobody likes to lose with 28 seconds and we're up five [points] and it's right there, you know. And it just slips away. Of course we were motivated but not personal. That's too much, I think.

Scoop: Does it go through your mind like it does a lot of people, especially Spurs fans, that feeling you all should have doubled up? Do you all think about it like that, that you all should have had two [championships, back-to-back]?

Parker: Naw. No. Naw. Because that would be taking away from what Miami did. You have to give credit to them too. It was unbelievable what they did and their comeback. I don't think like that and I don't think anyone around here thinks like that. Everything happens for a reason. Look, I'm happy because I didn't want to finish my career and all you remember is 2013 and how it almost overshadows the first three championships we won. Now I can at least go to bed and say, you know, "We got it back."

Scoop: Good point. Let me ask you a direct point guard question: Is it getting tough out here for you? I mean, night in, night out there's a beast you have to go up against.

Parker: No, I love it! I love the challenge. It's a great challenge for me. There are a lot of great point guards in this league. You know, I've been saying that for the last three or four years now that we've been in the golden era of point guards. It's unbelievable all of the great point guards that we have today in our game.

Scoop: Where do you stick yourself in that conversation? Not that I want you to rank yourself, but where do you place yourself?

Parker: It's always tough to say who is the best, you know. I think if you do a top five, anyone you pick can do almost anything on the court and is great for their team. So it's hard to say who is the one best.

Scoop: But do you feel that you are in the conversation?

Parker: Oh, definitely.

Scoop: Do you get mad when you are left out or not in the conversation?

Parker: No, I don't get mad because at the end of the day I have the rings and that's the most important to me. At the end of the day when everything is going to be said and done and you'll look at numbers and stuff like that, I went to the Finals five times, the conference finals seven times, so it's like, I've been blessed and very lucky to be on a great team. So like I said, at the end of the day ... as long as I have the rings I don't care where they put me.

Scoop: Would you be the same player you are today without Pop [Gregg Popovich] being your coach?

Parker: I think I'd be a great player regardless, because I'm so passionate and I work hard and I wanted to be one of the best, but Pop really helped me too. I have to give him credit too. So I think we both helped each other. I think it goes both ways.

Scoop: Your Pop, your real one, not Coach. My big cousin. He was, is a legend. Especially in our family. And he'd be the first to tell you how much of a legend he was. Is. I remember calling him when you got the Finals MVP and telling him that it was officially official that you were better than him. He didn't want to admit it, but right then he finally did. When did you realize that you were better than him?

Parker: It's funny, when I go to Chicago how many people know him and talk about him, that he was a legend in high school and college. I never saw tapes, but I saw him play in Europe so I knew he was good. I knew he could play. But when I made it to the NBA, when I was 19, and made it into the NBA, that's when I passed my Dad. So that's when.

Scoop: Seriously?! You're gonna say that? You know I'm recording this?

Parker: I'm saying that. I'll say that. At 19. [Laughs]

Scoop: Was that something that drove you, something that you wanted to do, be better than him? Because I know he always wanted you to be.

Parker: Not really. He obviously was a role model for me. He helped me a lot mental-wise and teaching me about the game so it was never a motivation to beat him or be better than him.

Scoop: What's the biggest misunderstanding about you for anyone that doesn't know you?

Parker: That doesn't know me?

Scoop: That doesn't know you. Because people always come up to me and are like, "Tony seems like he's just this cool a-- dude."

[Boris Diaw steps in and says, "Him cool? Don't let him lie to you. Tony ain't cool."]

Parker: That's a good one. I'm going to have to think about that one, cuz. I don't have one, I don't think. I can't even think of one.

Scoop: You are who you are.

Parker: Yeah. I guess I am.

Full article: http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12254099/interview-tony-parker-san-antonio-spurs

hater
01-31-2015, 06:39 PM
MVP!! MVP!! MVP!!!

this team goes as far a MVParker takes em

hater
01-31-2015, 06:44 PM
mQMq4tx7M60

hater
01-31-2015, 06:50 PM
Mm0BIFofRYk

:lol the youtube comment:
those would have been iconic shots if that old turd ginobili didnt choke at the ft line

:lmao

hater
01-31-2015, 06:52 PM
pvdR6b6hwek

The Reckoning
01-31-2015, 06:57 PM
only time i've ever seen parker dunk...

ElNono
01-31-2015, 06:58 PM
Scoop Jackson is terrible, tbh... but thanks for sharing... :tu

Uriel
01-31-2015, 07:19 PM
Scoop: Do you get mad when you are left out or not in the conversation?

Parker: No, I don't get mad because at the end of the day I have the rings and that's the most important to me. At the end of the day when everything is going to be said and done and you'll look at numbers and stuff like that, I went to the Finals five times, the conference finals seven times, so it's like, I've been blessed and very lucky to be on a great team. So like I said, at the end of the day ... as long as I have the rings I don't care where they put me.

:worthy:

pgardn
01-31-2015, 07:20 PM
Mm0BIFofRYk

those would have been iconic shots if that old turd ginobili didnt choke at the ft line

Hater gonna hate.
And give fart ridden takes.

hater
02-01-2015, 12:09 PM
:tu

Diego20
02-01-2015, 12:16 PM
Mm0BIFofRYk

TP game 6 of the 2013 finals:

6-23 FG (26% FG)

:cry but he made 2 shots at the end of the game :cry

hater
02-01-2015, 12:59 PM
Evita 2014 playoffs 4th quarter 34% 3pt shooting 4 TOs per quarter

Diego20
02-01-2015, 01:03 PM
Evita 2014 playoffs 4th quarter 34% 3pt shooting 4 TOs per quarter

And then Parker tards say we always bring Manu to TP threads or the viceversa :lmao. TP thread here..

Malik Hairston
02-01-2015, 01:14 PM
I wish he was faster than ever, tbh:(..

apalisoc_9
02-01-2015, 01:45 PM

EVAY
02-01-2015, 02:12 PM
I had to laugh when I read the part about whether he wanted to be himself from 5 years ago or now and his answer was the physical ability of 5 years ago and the experience of now.

That is pretty much the sentiment of anyone as they age.

hater
02-01-2015, 02:14 PM
And then Parker tards say we always bring Manu to TP threads or the viceversa :lmao. TP thread here..
oh the irony :lol

TheGreatYacht
02-01-2015, 02:15 PM
Head of the snake, tbh :tu

Godbama
02-01-2015, 02:19 PM
[Boris Diaw steps in and says, "Him cool? Don't let him lie to you. Tony ain't cool."]

You the real MVP. :bobo

Mikeanaro
02-01-2015, 03:38 PM
I wish he could play team ball but he suffers from tunnel vision syndrome and makes everyone worst.
http://gothicginobili.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Screen-Shot-2015-01-30-at-11.30.56-AM.png
Hes always been like that not just this season but because cant even walk right now these facts are more evident.

hater
02-01-2015, 04:19 PM
Head of the snake, tbh :tu

Beaverfuzz
02-01-2015, 05:20 PM

Shit man, that's all you had to say!

Yuixafun
02-02-2015, 12:55 AM
nvm

FireMicoHalili
02-02-2015, 01:02 AM
he...still thinks he's in the conversation, at his current state. Okay

spursparker9
02-02-2015, 01:15 AM
Come mon Tony...You are not in the top 5 point guards conversation

Sean Cagney
02-02-2015, 01:15 AM
only time i've ever seen parker dunk...Yeah I remember one more time but this is the one that stood out, remember watching this game and him actually getting up there shocked me at first. I wondered if he could dunk like that why he never did it before? I have not seen him do it after this dunk against Houston in I believe was 06?

mkurts
02-02-2015, 03:36 AM
MVP!! MVP!! MVP!!!

this team goes as far a MVParker takes em

Yes take them into hell and further

Malik Hairston
02-02-2015, 03:39 AM
Yes take them into hell and further

:lmao..

adonis827
02-02-2015, 07:06 AM
Yeah I remember one more time but this is the one that stood out, remember watching this game and him actually getting up there shocked me at first. I wondered if he could dunk like that why he never did it before? I have not seen him do it after this dunk against Houston in I believe was 06?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPNXwK7Reak

Then I remember another time when he had a missed dunk perhaps playing in the McDonalds league after they won the championship in 95 (?) or preseason in 96

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRwzNubPUc0

romain.star
02-02-2015, 07:37 AM
I feel right now I'm at the top of my game

?? Is he trying to troll ESPN?

spursparker9
02-02-2015, 08:45 AM
Scoop: How much smarter do you feel you are now as a basketball player than you were say ...
Parker: Five years ago? A lot more! Of course. The more you play the more experience you gain, and I feel right now I'm at the top of my game.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view1/3303581/you-serious-o.gif

Sean Cagney
02-02-2015, 04:13 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPNXwK7Reak

Then I remember another time when he had a missed dunk perhaps playing in the McDonalds league after they won the championship in 95 (?) or preseason in 96

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRwzNubPUc0
05 or 06 do you mean? I don't remember seeing a game in the Mcdonalds league but I believe you meant after 05 or Preseason 06 after they beat Detroit in the finals? Either or good finds.

Killakobe81
02-03-2015, 10:00 AM

I dont think Scoop is that good ... (it's funny as a kid reading SLAM I thought he was good) but I think their family connections gave some insight to Tony that someone else may not have got. I thought a good article. It shows Tony has confidence and a lil bit of ego but not in the bad way that his detractors here point to. He is focused on rings not advanced stats, legacy or place in the PG rankings. Never really liked his persona just his first step but he sounded cool to me. Nice quick read.

Killakobe81
02-03-2015, 10:02 AM
And spur fans chide Laker fans for disrespecting Pau ...
You guys are way to harsh on Tony ...

Johnny RIngo
02-03-2015, 11:21 AM
And spur fans chide Laker fans for disrespecting Pau ...
You guys are way to harsh on Tony ...

Kinda insulting to compare a consistent playoff performer and one of the greatest Euro players of all-time with a choke artist like Tony.

And the Laker fan comparison is shit. We had multiple threads deleted last week because they criticized Tony too much. Has Lakersground ever deleted negative Pau-related threads? Doubt it.

ElNono
02-03-2015, 11:49 AM
I dont think Scoop is that good ... (it's funny as a kid reading SLAM I thought he was good) but I think their family connections gave some insight to Tony that someone else may not have got. I thought a good article. It shows Tony has confidence and a lil bit of ego but not in the bad way that his detractors here point to. He is focused on rings not advanced stats, legacy or place in the PG rankings. Never really liked his persona just his first step but he sounded cool to me. Nice quick read.

I thought it was ok, but mostly because I rather read an interview about Tony the Spurs player, talking a bit about the team and what not. It was more an interview about Tony himself, which, personally, don't really have much interest on.

Killakobe81
02-03-2015, 12:04 PM
Kinda insulting to compare a consistent playoff performer and one of the greatest Euro players of all-time with a choke artist like Tony.

And the Laker fan comparison is shit. We had multiple threads deleted last week because they criticized Tony too much. Has Lakersground ever deleted negative Pau-related threads? Doubt it.

Sounds like you have never spent much time on LG. Not only are negative threads deleted and merged posters are banned there for being suspected trolls. Even upstairs here cannot compare to the policing done on LG, and that is why I come here more often.

Killakobe81
02-03-2015, 12:08 PM

Pau has has had some shaky playoff performances too. He probably is more consistent than Parker but Im just saying Spur fans say we were to harsh on Pau Laker fans would love to have Tony parker especially when the last few PG's we have had are: Broken down Nash, Ronnie Price, Jeremy Lin, Jordan Farmar, Ramon Sessions. You guys have no appreciation for good PG play even if it is non traditional. Parker has battled the best PGs the West has to offer and yet he gets blamed for everything when the Spurs lose ...

Johnny RIngo
02-03-2015, 12:23 PM
Sounds like you have never spent much time on LG. Not only are negative threads deleted and merged posters are banned there for being suspected trolls. Even upstairs here cannot compare to the policing done on LG, and that is why I come here more often.

I'm not saying Lakersground is better(far from it). It's common for legends like Shaq and Pau to get shit on over there. But one negative thread about Kobe and it gets axed. Over here, I can't recall any thread getting deleted besides the Parker ones last week. The mods(unfortunately) appreciate Parker a lot more than you're indicating.

Pau has has had some shaky playoff performances too. He probably is more consistent than Parker but Im just saying Spur fans say we were to harsh on Pau Laker fans would love to have Tony parker especially when the last few PG's we have had are: Broken down Nash, Ronnie Price, Jeremy Lin, Jordan Farmar, Ramon Sessions. You guys have no appreciation for good PG play even if it is non traditional. Parker has battled the best PGs the West has to offer and yet he gets blamed for everything when the Spurs lose ...

Pau's not a Dirk-tier player but his impact still shits all over Tony's. His efficiency and advanced numbers are all consistent from reg season to post-season. With Tony, all his numbers drop across the board from season to playoffs(except ppg which just means he's chucking more at a less efficient clip)

Killakobe81
02-03-2015, 01:43 PM
I'm not saying Lakersground is better(far from it). It's common for legends like Shaq and Pau to get shit on over there. But one negative thread about Kobe and it gets axed. Over here, I can't recall any thread getting deleted besides the Parker ones last week. The mods(unfortunately) appreciate Parker a lot more than you're indicating.

Pau's not a Dirk-tier player but his impact still shits all over Tony's. His efficiency and advanced numbers are all consistent from reg season to post-season. With Tony, all his numbers drop across the board from season to playoffs(except ppg which just means he's chucking more at a less efficient clip)

Fair points, Ringo cant argue with that. Just saying Tony has been a huge part in your last 3 titles ...
And I meant no disrespect to DFish he has by far been our best PG since NVE ... but really he was almost a shooting guard in a PG body. He never really playe dit traditional much like Tony but he was never as good a scorer as Tony. Clutch shooter and defender though ...love that guy.

Killakobe81
02-03-2015, 02:00 PM

Oh and I was not knocking the mods I was saying the negative portion of the fanbase that craps on Tony is misguided. Any player even Kobe, Duncan can be and should be criticized for poor play relative to expectations. but I think Tony has been a very good PG overall the past 5 seasons havent seen him much this year because he has been hurt ...but the bashing Parker threads have been going on here before and even after his finals MVP award.

daslicer
02-03-2015, 02:13 PM
Oh and I was not knocking the mods I was saying the negative portion of the fanbase that craps on Tony is misguided. Any player even Kobe, Duncan can be and should be criticized for poor play relative to expectations. but I think Tony has been a very good PG overall the past 5 seasons havent seen him much this year because he has been hurt ...but the bashing Parker threads have been going on here before and even after his finals MVP award.

I agree with everything you say unfortunately Tony has always been the whipping boy for spur fans whenever the spurs lose. I can exactly trace when this hatred for Tony first started. It goes all the way back to the '04 playoffs against the Lakers. The first two games Parker was playing great and spur fans were loving him and claiming he was superstar ready. Obviously the next 4 games after Parker was awful and disappeared. After the series was over Parker got lynched by spur fans for choking and was blamed for causing the spurs to lose the series. Personally at the time I felt the team as a whole choked in that series by their inability to hit open jumpshots to counter the Lakers zone defense. Anyways ever since then whenever the spurs lose Parker has always gotten the blame.

Malik Hairston
02-03-2015, 02:25 PM
I agree with everything you say unfortunately Tony has always been the whipping boy for spur fans whenever the spurs lose. I can exactly trace when this hatred for Tony first started. It goes all the way back to the '04 playoffs against the Lakers. The first two games Parker was playing great and spur fans were loving him and claiming he was superstar ready. Obviously the next 4 games after Parker was awful and disappeared. After the series was over Parker got lynched by spur fans for choking and was blamed for causing the spurs to lose the series. Personally at the time I felt the team as a whole choked in that series by their inability to hit open jumpshots to counter the Lakers zone defense. Anyways ever since then whenever the spurs lose Parker has always gotten the blame.

1. Tony Parker received blame because he was a perennial playoff choker until 2007, and has reverted back to his playoff choking ways, as of late
2. Parker was probably the most defended Spur on SpursTalk from 2007 to 2013 IMO..timvp was one of his biggest fans, and all of the timvp sheep followed him
3. Nobody cared when all of SpursTalk was shitting on the Ginobili for the entire 2013 offseason and subsequent regular season:lol

These Parker fans are too much..not to mention Parker's Brent Barry incident and his jealousy of Danny Green's potential Finals MVP..

hater
02-03-2015, 02:26 PM
you know it's bad when Lakerfan has to come in and still some common sense in here :lol

:lol short bus

Killakobe81
02-03-2015, 02:40 PM
1. Tony Parker received blame because he was a perennial playoff choker until 2007, and has reverted back to his playoff choking ways, as of late
2. Parker was probably the most defended Spur on SpursTalk from 2007 to 2013 IMO..timvp was one of his biggest fans, and all of the timvp sheep followed him
3. Nobody cared when all of SpursTalk was shitting on the Ginobili for the entire 2013 offseason and subsequent regular season:lol

These Parker fans are too much..not to mention Parker's Brent Barry incident and his jealousy of Danny Green's potential Finals MVP..

Interesting take. But irrational hate of Manu (another guy who gets to much abuse) who I actually always like and respected more than Tony is silly too and doesnt justify the hate for Tony. I get that he did disappear in that series slicer mentioned and I know Teams have had some success with the Pop PG defense strategy using a tall wing defender on Parker. Pop had great results doing the same to Nash. But it just seems that anytime the Spurs win duncan, KL Pop heck even Manu and Green get more credit than Parker does in the minds of many. I get we also have Tunobili, Errors, and other silly nicknames for Spurs but the "Enrique movement" on here to me has overshadowed a lot of good play by Tony in some fans eyes.

Ultimately it doesnt matter to me I am not a Spur fan. But I think at least 25 teams would rather have Tony then the starter they have at PG. In fact i think both (other) Texas teams would be better of with Parker

hater
02-03-2015, 02:41 PM
you know it's bad when Lakerfan has to come in and still some common sense in here :lol

ElNono
02-03-2015, 03:27 PM

There's more than that, IMO, and unfortunately, a lot has to do with him. Things like the Brent Barry incident was very unspurlike, whether you think it was a player move or not, then coming out and saying the Spurs were good, but no longer be contending, basically throwing Tim and Manu under the bus... stopping a bottle with his eye on some new york nightclub... taunting Miami about Green then trying to seize the spotlight... it's not all fair, Tim always has been the franchise and a quiet guy, Manu has that latino connection, but Tony never had that kind of leeway to pull off that kinda stuff... and frankly, the legend of Speedy Claxton predates 2004, tbh...

That's not to say fans don't appreciate his contributions to the franchise. He'll get his jersey retired and inducted in the HoF, deservedly so.

TheGreatYacht
02-03-2015, 03:48 PM

This is true, tbh

dabom
02-03-2015, 03:49 PM
Interesting take. But irrational hate of Manu (another guy who gets to much abuse) who I actually always like and respected more than Tony is silly too and doesnt justify the hate for Tony. I get that he did disappear in that series slicer mentioned and I know Teams have had some success with the Pop PG defense strategy using a tall wing defender on Parker. Pop had great results doing the same to Nash. But it just seems that anytime the Spurs win duncan, KL Pop heck even Manu and Green get more credit than Parker does in the minds of many. I get we also have Tunobili, Errors, and other silly nicknames for Spurs but the "Enrique movement" on here to me has overshadowed a lot of good play by Tony in some fans eyes.

Ultimately it doesnt matter to me I am not a Spur fan. But I think at least 25 teams would rather have Tony then the starter they have at PG. In fact i think both (other) Texas teams would be better of with Parker

This is where I understand you don't watch the fucking spurs. Tony is the worst starting pg this year. This isn't tony hate, this is tony acknowledgement.

dabom
02-03-2015, 03:50 PM
Wait rondo is probably worse than parker. Maybe dallas. :lol

ElNono
02-03-2015, 03:57 PM
Rondo is indeed much worse, IMO. That said, it's arguable if Rondo ever had Tony's talent.

daslicer
02-03-2015, 03:57 PM
There's more than that, IMO, and unfortunately, a lot has to do with him. Things like the Brent Barry incident was very unspurlike, whether you think it was a player move or not, then coming out and saying the Spurs were good, but no longer be contending, basically throwing Tim and Manu under the bus... stopping a bottle with his eye on some new york nightclub... taunting Miami about Green then trying to seize the spotlight... it's not all fair, Tim always has been the franchise and a quiet guy, Manu has that latino connection, but Tony never had that kind of leeway to pull off that kinda stuff... and frankly, the legend of Speedy Claxton predates 2004, tbh...

That's not to say fans don't appreciate his contributions to the franchise. He'll get his jersey retired and inducted in the HoF, deservedly so.

I agree with what you said but I was just stating to Killa when all the hatred started for Tony started. I have learned over the years to take the bad with the good that comes with Tony. Granted now he looks washed up so I can understand why people hate him.

Killakobe81
02-03-2015, 04:11 PM
This is where I understand you don't watch the fucking spurs. Tony is the worst starting pg this year. This isn't tony hate, this is tony acknowledgement.

I already admitted that I havent seen the spurs much this year and I think when I have he either didn't play or did not play well. But your point would make sense if the tony hate started THIS year. It did not. And I still think he is better than Pat Bev, Rondo, Jameer Nelson, Ronnie Price, Lin and a bunch of other starters at PG.

dabom
02-03-2015, 04:30 PM
I already admitted that I havent seen the spurs much this year and I think when I have he either didn't play or did not play well. But your point would make sense if the tony hate started THIS year. It did not. And I still think he is better than Pat Bev, Rondo, Jameer Nelson, Ronnie Price, Lin and a bunch of other starters at PG.

You said 25 teams. That is nowhere near the 5-6 teams that might have a worse starting pg than tony. And it is a multitude of reasons to be upset at the situation. He is the highest paid spur as of right now and will probably have the second highest contract in the future is alarming. A championship team will be leeched by tony in the future too. His current play will definitely have an outcome on this playoff run. Also. all this tony bashing would subside if it wasnt for thegreatfaggot and hater and others trying to make fun of everyone else so people in turn bash their favorite player.

Killakobe81
02-03-2015, 04:59 PM
You said 25 teams. That is nowhere near the 5-6 teams that might have a worse starting pg than tony. And it is a multitude of reasons to be upset at the situation. He is the highest paid spur as of right now and will probably have the second highest contract in the future is alarming. A championship team will be leeched by tony in the future too. His current play will definitely have an outcome on this playoff run. Also. all this tony bashing would subside if it wasnt for thegreatfaggot and hater and others trying to make fun of everyone else so people in turn bash their favorite player.

The 25 was based on Tony of the past few years. I cannot deny I havent seen him play much this year and when I have KL, tim and Danny Green have been more impressive and impactful on wins and losses. I was just making an observation prior to this year the Tony hate did not match his production imho. You guys watch them for 82 plus the playoffs, you know the team and Tony better than I do. But I am also not burdened with the sting of having him play bad in a game that meant something to me. I have no reason to defend Tony I dont even like him but I have seen him get in grooves where for short to long bursts where he looks like the best player on the floor in both regular and playoff games versus good competition.

Budkin
02-03-2015, 05:17 PM
God dammit, right when I'm starting to hate Parker I read this shit. PLAY BETTER TP!