PDA

View Full Version : Most embarrassing loss of the season, tbh..

Malik Hairston
01-31-2015, 11:14 PM
Getting worked by an inconsistent Clippers team that the Spurs usually own and match up very well with..

Losing is one thing, but:

- Allowing 2 of the worst players in NBA history(Austin Rivers and 2015 Turkoglu) to outplay you
- Allowing one of the worst big men in the league(Spencer Hawes) to look great on both ends
- Parker and Ginobili looking like D-league players
- Splitter continuing his mysterious decline
- Another game with minimal energy, which has been a theme, all season(Manu commented on it in the article he released)..getting beaten to loose balls, making lazy passes, getting beat in transition, etc
- Pop's strange rotations..another theme of the season

The regular season is meaningless in the NBA, but a lot of these players need to wake up, because they're playing very poorly..

DesignatedT
01-31-2015, 11:16 PM
Lol

dabom
01-31-2015, 11:17 PM
Getting worked by an inconsistent Clippers team that the Spurs usually own and match up very well with..

Losing is one thing, but:

- Allowing 2 of the worst players in NBA history(Austin Rivers and 2015 Turkoglu) to outplay you
- Allowing one of the worst big men in the league(Spencer Hawes) to look great on both ends
- Parker and Ginobili looking like D-league players
- Splitter continuing his mysterious decline
- Another game with minimal energy, which has been a theme, all season(Manu commented on it in the article he released)..getting beaten to loose balls, making lazy passes, getting beat in transition, etc
- Pop's strange rotations..another theme of the season

The regular season is meaningless in the NBA, but a lot of these players need to wake up, because they're playing very poorly..

If pop doesnt care why should they. take patty out then expect him to bring this team back. :lol
I stopped watching btw game is over.

timtonymanu
01-31-2015, 11:18 PM
I definitely think too many guys are playing poorly, but this game had the makings of a Spurs shitty loss. We could barely put away shitty, depleted teams like the Lakers, Bucks, and Hornets. So the Clippers killing us right now isn't surprising to me. It is a concern though. Spurs need to wake up.

SpurPadre
01-31-2015, 11:19 PM
nah, the Lakers loss was more embarrassing and the Bulls loss too because they were shorthanded.

NASpurs
01-31-2015, 11:20 PM
I wouldn't be suprised if this team is just waiting for the RRT as a starting off point. It's like watching a bunch of Robert Horrys

Sean Cagney
01-31-2015, 11:20 PM
nah, the Lakers loss was more embarrassing and the Bulls loss too because they were shorthanded.

Yeah but this one AT HOME and on national TV to the Clippers, that is embarassing man.

freetiago
01-31-2015, 11:24 PM
Spurs have always gotten blown out once a season by the Clippers since Chris Paul joined tbh..
It usually happens in November/December and its in LA now San Antonio
just happened to be that it happened this time tbh

its always a low scoring game too that they lose since they turn it over too much times
the DeAndre Jordan reaction gif came from one of those games

midnightpulp
01-31-2015, 11:29 PM
I think Father Time has finally come to reap Manu and Tim. As has been mentioned, Duncan has been very underwhelming lately after his superb DPOY level start to the season. I think the big minutes killed him. Manu is in the same boat, and it really hurts our scoring versatility when he's not a threat. Without him contributing a consistent 13-15 points per game, the Spurs are easy to shutdown, since no other 2 guard on the team can create their own shot.

Then there's Parker, who is stuck in limbo. He would typically pick up the backcourt scoring and creating slack when Manu was having one of his off nights. Now that he seems "done," the Spurs backcourt might be the worst offensively among playoff teams. Leonard is only the player on this team right now who is a threat to score 20+ every game, which will make this offense more than predictable. Yeah, "The Beautiful Game" and all that, but all the passing in the world won't help if you can't finish the play off. And other than Leonard, no one seems to be able to throw it in the ocean.

Hopefully the All Star break recharges this team, but I think they have deeper issues than just fatigue. Duncan and Manu might've hit the age wall and Parker could be on his way to decline. I think the Spurs need to make some kind of move.

SpursFan86
01-31-2015, 11:29 PM
Don't forget about:

- we were at home
- we had multiple days of rest
- they had just played in NO last night, and lost to them without Davis

ducks
01-31-2015, 11:31 PM
They lost last night and was ticked
Spurs should have known that

Malik Hairston
01-31-2015, 11:33 PM
:lol the only reason I created this thread is because they got embarrassed by Austin Rivers, Turkoglu and Spencer Hawes, 3 of the worst players in the NBA..I'm not actually worried about anything outside of fatigue and Parker destroying the team..

cjw
01-31-2015, 11:34 PM
Offense is totally out of sorts and it starts with Parker and Manu playing like trash as playmakers. Start CoJo at this point and bring Parker/Patty fresh off bench (playing majority of minutes). Make starting lineup better defensively and not allow starters to get into rythym.

Mugen
01-31-2015, 11:34 PM
Kawhi got his numbers. That's the only thing that matters IMO....

Darius Bieber
01-31-2015, 11:35 PM
Nets, Utah, Lakers... There are many embarrassing losses for this pathetic team this season.

ElNono
01-31-2015, 11:35 PM
Just stay healthy, the rest can be fixed....

spursparker9
01-31-2015, 11:36 PM
Kawhi got his numbers. That's the only thing that matters IMO....

All star selection is over tbh

urunobili
01-31-2015, 11:37 PM
It's Pop's beard jinx tbh

timtonymanu
Yeah, it's definitely fatigue as well. 3 straight long, playoff runs with our team "leaders" having so much miles on their legs. And the gruesome December stretch. I don't know why Pop continues to run Duncan hard this month. As shitty as Errors is, Duncan getting fresh is more important.

Leonard and Patty seem to be the only fresh players right now.

Malik Hairston
The Lakers, Nets, Utah, etc losses aren't embarrassing, good teams lose to shitty teams all the time due to coasting/flukes and whatever..the Bulls loss was also on a night were Rose was making contested jump shots, which is extremely rare nowadays..

Losing to a good team with one of the worst benches in the league due to poor effort is annoying IMO..

lefty
01-31-2015, 11:38 PM
This loss is exactly the kick in the ass the Spurs needed

Watch them , they will be on a roll

FireMicoHalili
01-31-2015, 11:38 PM
how does Kawhi have the best stats and still have the worst +/-...

ducks
01-31-2015, 11:40 PM
Manu made his free throws he gets confident his shots fall
Spurs make a run anything can happen

Spurs got good looks in first half looked like they rested for a week could not hit

ducks
01-31-2015, 11:41 PM

Yeah Pop has their attention and road trip

timtonymanu
01-31-2015, 11:41 PM

The Lakers one was fine. It was an annoying game winner but the team missed Leonard and Patty so the struggle wasn't surprising. The Bulls have been better without Joakim Noah this season.

This Clippers loss was just embarrassing, even though I wasn't surprised by the result. We got killed by the biggest scrubs in the league. It's like Bonner, Errors, and Daye going off on other teams at the same time. Losing by 20 at home is terrible.

01-31-2015, 11:44 PM
It's Pop's beard jinx tbh

wildcardX
01-31-2015, 11:45 PM
Damn! So much for gaining ground on some of the other playoff teams today.

Horse
01-31-2015, 11:47 PM
Only positive is we got a ton of open looks they usually hit.

benefactor
01-31-2015, 11:49 PM
Seems to be the going theme. Look at GS vs the Jazz.

Budkin
02-01-2015, 12:04 AM
:lmao losing by 20 at home to these chumps.

spurs10
02-01-2015, 01:41 AM
:lmao losing by 20 at home to these chumps. Lord it was painful to watch. Glad I drove through the fog and rain for that. Tony was really weak, Tim not much better, and Manu's freethrow shot is MIA. I was hoping the passes to the third row by Manu were because he was being fouled, but I was wrong. That being said he gave a lot of effort and caused them to work. That's more than I can say for most of the team. Really lame effort.

TheGoldStandard
02-01-2015, 01:43 AM
I'm glad my tickets were free, was a very weak performance from a team that is teetering on mediocre this season

spurs10
02-01-2015, 01:47 AM
I'm glad my tickets were free, was a very weak performance from a team that is teetering on mediocre this season The whole place should have been given a refund. I was thinking of selling some of my upcoming tickets at one point. Doubt they could play this poorly again though.

TheGoldStandard
02-01-2015, 01:48 AM
The whole place should have been given a refund. I was thinking of selling some of my upcoming tickets at one point. Doubt they could play this poorly again though.

I think Parker is up for the challenge

apalisoc_9
02-01-2015, 01:51 AM
I think Parker is up for the challenge

This guy is on fire today

:lmao

In all seriousness though, the one saving grace for the Spurs is the lack of Great teams this year..

A lot of very good teams this year but no one is really above everyone..Sure the warriors and the hawks standing wise are way above everyone, but really they're not an elite team...

Hope the Spurs don't screw up a really good chance of repeating..

spurs10
02-01-2015, 01:59 AM
I think Parker is up for the challenge Ugh! Yeah you might have a point! I heard someone talking on the radio after the game saying if Tony has a bad game like tonight we are in trouble on any given night. My thought was he hasn't had a good game in as long as I can remember and I'm a big fan.

Mikeanaro
02-01-2015, 02:02 AM
They are like 50 games into the season, we dont need more embarrassment we are full of it.

TheGoldStandard
02-01-2015, 02:03 AM
Ugh! Yeah you might have a point! I heard someone talking on the radio after the game saying if Tony has a bad game like tonight we are in trouble on any given night. My thought was he hasn't had a good game in as long as I can remember and I'm a big fan.

Don't worry, I hear RC and the gang are working on a contract extension for Ayres!

Pauleta14
02-01-2015, 02:23 AM

This.

Btw, Is it you or someone is using your account? It's the 1st time I read a constructive post from you! :lol

Sean Cagney
02-01-2015, 02:32 AM

Watch them , they will be on a rollWe have heard that a few times this year in hope they will wake up. I will believe that when I see it.

Mikeanaro
02-01-2015, 02:36 AM

They have lots of holes there, I think they will roll for 2 games and then rest 7 you know... to keep rollinŽa little more later.

wildchild
02-01-2015, 02:38 AM
Only positive is we got a ton of open looks they usually hit.

All season they missed open 3's and a lot of bunnies. Lack of focus and fatigue.

spurraider21
02-01-2015, 03:20 AM
i feel like the "Pop's strange rotations" complaint has been around for the past couple of years now. it's nothing new, he's always been infuriating with his reg season rotations. thats the one thing i'm not worrying about at this point. the issue is i feel like a lot of our guys (duncan, manu, parker, splitter) look like they really need rest, but we're not comfortable enough in the standings to be able to do so

Sean Cagney
02-01-2015, 04:03 AM
i feel like the "Pop's strange rotations" complaint has been around for the past couple of years now. it's nothing new, he's always been infuriating with his reg season rotations. thats the one thing i'm not worrying about at this point. the issue is i feel like a lot of our guys (duncan, manu, parker, splitter) look like they really need rest, but we're not comfortable enough in the standings to be able to do soIf they really need rest this early then can you imagine later on? Splitter got plenty of rest early in the year and Parker did not play during the summer. The fact is injuries early made some play more at their age than they should have from Manu to Tim so we are at this point right now where they can't rest because of standings and they are tired. They usually got the back to backs off and stayed well rested, this year that is not a luxury so it is what it is.

Amuseddaysleeper
02-01-2015, 04:34 AM
It is scary how bad the Spurs are right now. Barely two to three players are playing at a solid level. Too much dead weight on the team with key players shitting the bed (parker, splitter, diaw, too much baynes).

The teams offense and defense is mediocre and if the Spurs can't get up for playoff rivals at home then I don't even know what to tell you.

Hopefully they can keep getting wins against cupcake teams because the offense has completely dried up.

rasuo214
02-01-2015, 04:57 AM
Eh the Spurs sucked against playoff teams during the regular season last year. Yea the team is in a funk, probably because Duncan and Manu were pushed too hard in December, but still have plenty of time to fix things.

For the month of Jan they went 10-4 (.714 win %), not too bad.

Really the month of December set them back. If they can play at a 73% win clip (just under their win% if you exclude December) the rest of the season that puts them at 55-27 and around the 3rd or 4th seed (based on current records).

kobyz
02-01-2015, 06:08 AM
Where all of you so called spurs fans been in the off season? when RC fucked the team with not bringing must needed addition to give a boost to a worn out group, you were really thinking that this team didnt need it? Now you remember to speak your voice and cry that the team not good enough, we could have had Paul Pierce right now to make us compete for a repeat....

Venti Quattro
02-01-2015, 06:55 AM
Yeah but this one AT HOME and on national TV to the Clippers, that is embarassing man.

The Spurs' loss against the Lakers was on broadcasted nationally on ESPN

cd021
02-01-2015, 07:50 AM
Diaw is starting to worry me. He can't hit the side of a barn from 3. Manu's FT % is in free fall 72 % (12% below his career average)

elemento
02-01-2015, 08:17 AM
Wake up loss ! Being healthy is not enough without effort.

Even in those disappointing OT losses, SA put a lot of effort. Last night was pathetic in every aspect of the game.

ceperez
02-01-2015, 08:34 AM
Just mid way into the regular season folks. Nothing to worry about.

Pop is still midway with his experimentation.

boutons_deux
02-01-2015, 10:43 AM
in 2013/14, Spurs lost their 18th game on 8 April.

EVAY
02-01-2015, 11:55 AM
I think Father Time has finally come to reap Manu and Tim. As has been mentioned, Duncan has been very underwhelming lately after his superb DPOY level start to the season. I think the big minutes killed him. Manu is in the same boat, and it really hurts our scoring versatility when he's not a threat. Without him contributing a consistent 13-15 points per game, the Spurs are easy to shutdown, since no other 2 guard on the team can create their own shot.

Then there's Parker, who is stuck in limbo. He would typically pick up the backcourt scoring and creating slack when Manu was having one of his off nights. Now that he seems "done," the Spurs backcourt might be the worst offensively among playoff teams. Leonard is only the player on this team right now who is a threat to score 20+ every game, which will make this offense more than predictable. Yeah, "The Beautiful Game" and all that, but all the passing in the world won't help if you can't finish the play off. And other than Leonard, no one seems to be able to throw it in the ocean.

Hopefully the All Star break recharges this team, but I think they have deeper issues than just fatigue. Duncan and Manu might've hit the age wall and Parker could be on his way to decline. I think the Spurs need to make some kind of move.

A lot of good points in here.

I don't think the All Star game rest is going to fix anything. I agree with you that the issues are deeper than that.

I don't think that there is a 'move' that is going to fix anything either.

We can no longer out-rebound good teams, and we can no longer shoot 'threes' with any consistency. Both of those things were critical to our season last year.

I think that defenses have figured out our passing, and are getting in our lanes to stop it. Plus, our rim protection both offensively and defensively is non-existent this year. Moves won't help that.

We need to change some of our offensive sets, and stop playing zone defense.

Sean Cagney
02-01-2015, 03:29 PM
Just mid way into the regular season folks. Nothing to worry about.

Pop is still midway with his experimentation.

More than midway and everyone is back, there is some room to start worrying soon.

MolaMola790
02-01-2015, 04:52 PM
:lol the only reason I created this thread is because they got embarrassed by Austin Rivers, Turkoglu and Spencer Hawes, 3 of the worst players in the NBA..I'm not actually worried about anything outside of fatigue and Parker destroying the team..

Tukoglu and Hawes are two of the worst players ever? um...just no

Malik Hairston
02-01-2015, 04:55 PM
Tukoglu and Hawes are two of the worst players ever? um...just no

Austin Rivers is absolutely one of the worst players in NBA history, and I'd say the same for 2015, 35-year old Hedo Turkoglu..

Hawes is one of the worst players in the NBA this year, not in history, which is what I said..he has been atrocious..

superbigtime
02-01-2015, 05:38 PM
Rather have Hawes than Bonner that's for sure.

spurs10
02-01-2015, 05:39 PM
Don't worry, I hear RC and the gang are working on a contract extension for Ayres! I would have personally paid Ayres if he would have knocked the crap out of Hawes! That's my game plan for the Clippers. Put a couple of bruisers in the game and play them like they play us.

Ice009
02-01-2015, 08:20 PM
Diaw is starting to worry me. He can't hit the side of a barn from 3. Manu's FT % is in free fall 72 % (12% below his career average)

Again, I keep saying it - To hit perimeter shots, 3 pointers in particular, you can't be overweight. That doesn't help with your lift and the shot ends up being all arms. Name me one good 3 point shooter in NBA history that was overweight?

I am really disgusted with the shape Diaw came into training camp with. If he didn't play so well last season and help us win it all. I would have dumped him the second I saw him come to camp overweight/fat/lazy. NOT HAPPY with Diaw's lack of self respect regarding his weight or conditioning at all. It's a league of elite athletes, which Diaw was, but for some fucking reason he keeps letting himself go.

I'm not asking for him to come to camp looking like Lebron, but at the very worst, he could have come into camp at last season's playing weight and then tried to tone up a bit more. It really would have helped his game and the team a lot.

He's got amazing talent and skill, but he doesn't seem to want to maximize it. A fucking waste IMO. It doesn't seem like he appreciates it.

Legacy
02-03-2015, 06:27 PM
This game was EXTREMELY vital to how the standings would be in the WC right now, and they blew it again. I thought that the bitch-slap from The Bulls would be enough to wake up this team. But I couldn't even finish watching this game, they were playing so horribly. I actually turned my TV off during the game, which I NEVER do. :cry

MateoNeygro
02-04-2015, 09:10 AM
I'm worried for sure. Doesn't look like the same team. Nobody can create their own shot right now other than Kawhi. You need some one to beat their man one on one. That way the help defender rotates and it creates open shots. I just don't see them doing that effectively or consistantly. The offense has been so frustrating to watch. I've never seen Tony get swatted so much in my life.