PDA

View Full Version : Oberto arrives in San Antonio

Solid D
09-01-2005, 11:41 PM
http://www.lmcba.com.ar/2005/05-09-02/6_podio_12.htm

Vie : 02 Sep : 2005

Oberto inició su nueva aventura

Fabricio Oberto se instala hoy en San Antonio para comenzar su aventura en la NBA jugando en el campeón, los Spurs junto a su amigo Emanuel Ginóbili. El pivote cordobés realizará un plan de acondicionamiento físico hasta que el 3 de octubre comience oficialmente la pretemporada de la Liga más poderosa del planeta y su equipo la desarrollará en Islas Vírgenes (de donde es oriundo Tim Duncan) y St Thomas. El 12 de octubre será el primer encuentro de la pretemporada ante Philadelphia Sixers, aunque el primer partido oficial de Oberto en los Spurs será el 1 de noviembre, en el SBC Center de San Antonio ante Denver Nuggets en la noche de la entrega de los anillo de campeón a los integrantes del plantel de la última campaña, entre ellos Manu Ginóbili, quien desde la semana pasada está en Estados Unidos realizando también el acondicionamiento.
De Etiqueta

Antes de viajar a San Antonio, Oberto firmó contrato con la marca de ropa Etiqueta Negra, que viste entre otros a Marcelo Tinelli. La empresa es una de las tantas que quieren al cordobés como imagen.

Google Translation
------------------------------------------------------------------------
02 Sep, 2005

http://www.lmcba.com.ar/2005/05-09-02/img/Pod/p37-2.jpg
The Cordovan will settle in
San Antonio to begin the preparation.

Oberto initiated its new adventure

Fabricio Oberto settles today in San Antonio to begin its adventure in the NBA playing in the champion, the Spurs next to its friend Emanuel Ginóbili. The Cordovan pivot will make a plan of physical preparation until the 3 of October officially begin the preseason of most powerful Liga of the planet and its equipment develops it in Virgin Islands (of where it is native Tim Duncan) and St Thomas. The 12 of October will be the first encounter of the preseason before Philadelphia Sixers, although the first official party of Oberto in the Spurs will be the 1 of November, in the SBC Center of San Antonio before Denver Nuggets at night of the delivery of them ring of champion to the members of the establishment of the last campaign, among them Manu Ginóbili, that from the last week is in the United States also making the preparation.
Of Label

Before traveling to San Antonio, Oberto signed contract with the clothes mark Black Label, that dresses among others to Marcelo Tinelli. The company is one of so many that they want to the Cordovan like image.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

ducks
09-01-2005, 11:42 PM
this signing could be the best one out of the three

this guy could be a real steal

MaNuMaNiAc
09-01-2005, 11:48 PM
I'm not so sure he'll be a great NBA player

Sense
09-01-2005, 11:49 PM
I just want him to get a haircut!!!

A lil fade? Maybe a mohawk?

C'mon!!! Get creative with that hair!

You don't have Manu hair boi. Even though manu has some defects of his own.. :lol

timvp
09-01-2005, 11:50 PM

Wait until the Argentines get a hold of you.

:drunk

marcus
09-01-2005, 11:53 PM

I am.

ducks
09-02-2005, 12:00 AM
can he be worse then what the spurs have for that kind of money

he is worth the money he is getting paid even as guy like tony masserberg for 2 years

milkyway21
09-02-2005, 01:15 AM
forgive me guys, but i like him better than this yrs' #1 pick of the Bucks Bogut.

if this one plays some minutes than expected, he'd be giving Bogut a headache in the run for that ROY this yr.

angel_luv
09-02-2005, 01:28 AM
forgive me guys, but i like him better than this yrs' #1 pick of the Bucks Bogut.

if this one plays some minutes than expected, he'd be giving Bogut a headache in the run for that ROY this yr.

Wow! Obe is an Olympic Gold Medalist and a Rookie! Ironic combo! = )

TheWriter
09-02-2005, 01:33 AM
Obe? Did you come up with that? It's catchy.

angel_luv
09-02-2005, 01:35 AM
Obe? Did you come up with that? It's catchy.

Thanks, I did!

I thought the team could use an Obe to go with our Ginobili! = )

milkyway21
09-02-2005, 01:43 AM
Wow! Obe is an Olympic Gold Medalist and a Rookie! Ironic combo! = ).....sounds like dessert to me (Ube).
:lol

TheWriter
09-02-2005, 01:56 AM
Obe from Ginobili

Obe to Ginobe

Obe 1 Ginobili

You can go on forever.

milkyway21
09-02-2005, 02:02 AM
Obe from Ginobili

Obe to Ginobe

Obe 1 Ginobili

You can go on forever.

p.s.
hope Oberto starts practicing his Free Throws soon...
even before departing for St.Thomas.

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
09-02-2005, 02:20 AM

p.s.
hope Oberto starts practicing his Free Throws soon...
even before departing for St.Thomas.

It's pretty much a lost cause. His best year in the free throw line, through all his pro career (12 years), he shot 55%. If he would have practised FTs more, he would have been in the NBA many years ago.

EDIT: There are years with better percentages, but that is because he played only a few games.

Here are his career stats in the Spanish league (5 years in Argentina, 1 in Greece and the stats with the National Team missing)

http://img385.imageshack.us/img385/633/fabristats3hl.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Reference:
Temp.= Season
Fase= LR (Regular Season) PT (Playoffs)

Par.= Games Played
Min.= Minutes
5i= Games Started

Puntos= Points

Tiros de 3= 3 Pointers
Int.= Attempted
Con= Made

Tiros de 2= 2 Pt. FG
Int.= Attempted
Con= Made

Tiros libres= Free Throws
Int.= Attempted
Con= Made

Rebotes= Rebounds

Rec.= Steals
Per.= Turnovers

Tapones= Blocks
Fav.= Made
Con.= Received

Mat.= Dunks

Faltas= Fouls
Com.= Made
Rec.= Received

Val.= It would be like efficiency, but it's a different formula, of course

Totales= Total
Promedios= Average

milkyway21
09-02-2005, 02:25 AM
It's pretty much a lost cause. His best year in the free throw line, through all his pro career (12 years), he shot 55%. If he would have practised FTs more, he would have been in the NBA many years ago.but i really don't give so much weight on poor FT %. , anyway.

i know 2 of the best big men in the Universe who won titles but had difficulty in FT shooting and their names are Tim & ShaQ.:lol

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
09-02-2005, 02:39 AM
I posted his (Spanish League) career numbers above, he has better percentages than 55% some years, but he played very few games in those (or playoffs).

milkyway21
09-02-2005, 03:01 AM
I posted his (Spanish League) career numbers above, he has better percentages than 55% some years, but he played very few games in those (or playoffs).thanks for posting the translation per stat. Damn we have a Spanish speaking province in the country(Zamboanga), and some subjects in college, too but I still can't get it right. :D

i have bone spurs
09-02-2005, 05:32 AM
visit the new spurs website at

www.wearef**kingloaded.com/repeat

boutons
09-02-2005, 06:54 AM
can't have "*" in domain names.

MiNuS
09-02-2005, 09:21 AM

Problem is he will not be playing Bogut minutes.He will be coming of the bench and play maybe 12 minutes.

by far better rookie though.

manubili
09-02-2005, 09:41 AM

I have great hopes on Oberto, but I'm pretty sure that it's gonna take some time to adapt. I'm biting my nails just waiting for the Manu - Oberto combo.

mookie2001
09-02-2005, 10:12 AM
i only wear Etiqueta Negra now

as of sep 1 2005