PDA

View Full Version : I don't know if Manu and Tony are good enough for the offensive system to work..

apalisoc_9
02-01-2015, 12:00 AM
Kawhi Leonard - Offensively he's starting to hit his threes and that's a great sign. He kept the team aflot in the third quarter..My only complain is his lack of assertiveness in the last 4 minutes of the third when no one can shoot the damn ball yet he deferred to Manu. Defensively, he was average..some miscommunication with other players. -B

Tim Duncan - He looked awful in both ends of the floor, specially the defensive end. His PnR defense is one of the main reasons why the clippers had it easy. Offensively, he didn't really shoot the much, but in the few that he did he looked "soft" -D

Danny Green - Started slow but eventually started to hit his three's. Defensively, he missed a few of his rotations..Overall though, the only other Spur outside of kawhi and to a lesser extent Manu that showed some sort of sense of urgency. -B

Manu Ginobili - Dude wanted to compete to tonight, but his body wont allow him. Offensively, he threw the ball everywhere. he didn't manage the point well enough in the third and he can't hit a free throw to save his life...Should have deferred to the hot hands in the last 4 minutes of the third. Defensively, he was actually very active. D

Patty Mills - Got benched for leaving three pointers. Showed no rythem in the offensive end..defensively, he's 5'11 can't really ask much. C

Cory Joseph - He looked really tentative tonight and was benched in the second half. Inability to shoot allows teams to stay with their man denying ball movement. C

Tiago Splitter - Sadly tiago still looks broken. both offensively and defensively he was just flat out bad....Couldn't grab a rebound to save his life. D

Tony Parker - The worse player on the court tonight.. Kept feeding Boris who can't hit a three to save his life. I'm not sure why he's persistent with hitting Diaw when Kawhi and Danny are having good three three point nights...he was forcing shots, defensively he was getting bullied. F

Aaron Baynes - His hands is probably just as big as mine and I'm only 5'8... -D

Boris Diaw - Awful defending....His offense is the usual that you would see from him on a regular season...D

dabom
02-01-2015, 12:02 AM
Tony Parker could take another 2 months off tbh.

dabom
02-01-2015, 12:03 AM
Come back after we win number 6th

Malik Hairston
02-01-2015, 12:03 AM
Solid grades, tbh, don't disagree with any of them..

As for your title, Manu shows flashes, and he had a phenomenal playoff run last year, where he was arguably the 2nd best player after Kawhi..

Parker was mediocre or worse in last year's playoffs, so this appears to be the end of his run..the sample size is large enough to state that he can no longer be effective in a major role for a top-level team..he got bailed out in last year's playoffs, but I don't know if the team can survive his cancerous style of play and decline, this year..

ElNono
02-01-2015, 12:05 AM
Solid grades, tbh, don't disagree with any of them..

As for your title, Manu shows flashes, and he had a phenomenal playoff run last year, where he was arguably the 2nd best player after Kawhi..

Parker was mediocre or worse in last year's playoffs, so this appears to be the end of his run..the sample size is large enough to state that he can no longer be effective in a major role for a top-level team..he got bailed out in last year's playoffs, but I don't know if the team can survive his cancerous style of play and decline, this year..

Hope not, he's only 32 and we just signed him for another 3 years... plus you know he's going to be a Spur for life, so he ain't going anywhere...

TheGreatYacht
Is this what the team will look like when Kawhi takes 18 shots a game? :lol

Ayres - 1 assist
Leonard - assists N/A

Hoops Czar
Kawhi Leonard - Offensively he's starting to hit his threes and that's great sign. He kept the team aflot in the third quarter..My only complain is his lack of assertiveness in the last 4 minutes of the third when no one can shoot the damn ball yet he deferred to Manu. Defensively, he was average..some miscommunication with other players. -B

Tim Duncan - He looked awful in both ends of the floor, specially the defensive end. His PnR defense is one of the main reasons why the clippers had it easy. Offensively, he didn't really shoot the much, but in the few that he did he looked "soft" -D

Danny Green - Started slow but eventually started to hit his three's. Defensively, he missed a few of his rotations..Overall though, the only other Spur outside of kawhi that showed and to a lesser extent Manu some sort sense of urgency. -B

Manu Ginobili - Dude wanted to compete to tonight, but his body wont allow him. Offensively, the he threw the ball everywhere. he didn't manage the point well enough in the third and he can't hit a free throw to save his life...Should have deferred to the hot hands in the last 4 minutes of the third. Defensively, he was actually very active. D

Patty Mills - Got benched for leaving three pointers in the second. Showed no rythem in the offensive end..defensively, he's 5'11 can't really ask much. C

Cory Joseph - He looked really tentative tonight and was benched in the second half. Inability to shoot allows teams to stay with their man denying ball movement. C

Tiago Splitter - Sadly tiago still looks broken. both offensively and defensively he was just flat out bad....Couldn't grab a rebound to save his life. D

Tony Parker - The worse player on the court tonight.. Kept feeding Boris who xan't hit a three to save his life. I'm not sure why he's persistent with hitting Diaw when Kawhi and Danny are having good three three point nights...he was forcing shots, defensively he was getting bullied. F

Aaron Baynes - His hands is probably just as big as mine and I'm only 5'8... -D

Boris Diaw - Awful defending....His offense is the usual that you would see from him on a regular season...D

Yet, the worst player on the court didn't have a +/ of -20. What a coinkydink.

Clipper Nation
02-01-2015, 12:09 AM
Another great basketball thread from OP... unfortunately, certain faggots would rather have a bunch of threads about golf store openings and HEB commercials than actual basketball discussions.

Malik Hairston
02-01-2015, 12:10 AM
The sample size is large enough now, though..

Casual fans and blind sheep were unaware of Parker's struggles during last year's playoffs because the rest of the team had a historically hot stretch of shooting and teamwork..the reason Manu's 2013 struggles were widely-discussed was because the entire world was cheering for the Spurs vs. the Heat, obviously, and Manu was the main guy that disappointed everybody..2014 Parker wasn't any different, the difference in perception is due to the Spurs winning the series and defeating the "bad guys"..

That's an entire playoff run + 3 months of this season..clearly it isn't just a slump, it's just the reality now..

Unlike Duncan, Parker plays a position that's entirely dependent on speed..the aging PGs that succeeded in this league did it due to rare size(Magic when he returned), elite shooting ability(Stockton, Nash) or transitioning into role players(Kidd, Payton)..

Arc
02-01-2015, 12:10 AM
this is one of those games you don't grade cause everybody sucked.

TheGreatYacht
02-01-2015, 12:11 AM
^ Cuttino Mobley fan defending the reputation of someone who fakes their e-life on a Friday :lmao

dabom
02-01-2015, 12:11 AM
Yet, the worst player on the court didn't have a +/ of -20. What a coinkydink.

Are we using plusminus now? Because tony is the negative fucking king. :lol
Lebron suckinf kawhis dick during the finals. :lol
Made lebron cry back home. :lmao

TheGreatYacht
02-01-2015, 12:13 AM
Kawhi Leonard = 275 games, zero 30 point performances
Klay Thompson = 1 quarter, 37 points

ElNono
02-01-2015, 12:14 AM
The sample size is large enough now, though..

Casual fans and blind sheep were unaware of Parker's struggles during last year's playoffs because the rest of the team had a historically hot stretch of shooting and teamwork..the reason Manu's 2013 struggles were widely-discussed was because the entire world was cheering for the Spurs vs. the Heat, obviously, and Manu was the main guy that disappointed everybody..2014 Parker wasn't any different, the difference in perception is due to the Spurs winning the series and defeating the "bad guys"..

That's an entire playoff run + 3 months of this season..clearly it isn't just a slump, it's just the reality now..

Unlike Duncan, Parker plays a position that's entirely dependent on speed..the aging PGs that succeeded in this league did it due to rare size(Magic when he returned), elite shooting ability(Stockton, Nash) or transitioning into role players(Kidd, Payton)..

I still think Pop can find a way to make him at least relatively productive out there... he's been hidden on defense for a couple of seasons already, that won't change, it's the drop in offense right now that's a problem. Unfortunately, TP turning into a jumpshooter isn't going to work, IMO. He's been phenomenal offensively due to living in the paint, if the Spurs have to rely on his shooting, his effectiveness will come down crashing...

Clipper Nation
02-01-2015, 12:14 AM
Klay Thompson = 1 quarter, 37 points
Kawhi = Finals MVP
Klay = playoff choker, just like Enrique

TheGreatYacht
02-01-2015, 12:15 AM
Kawhi = Finals MVP
Kawhi = system player
Klay = Marc Jackson

dabom
02-01-2015, 12:16 AM
Kawhi = Finals MVP

:lol I remember kawhi putting the clamps on klay during the playoffs. :lol

Malik Hairston
02-01-2015, 12:16 AM
Have to admit that it's a little funny that my nigga Great Yacht is a big fan of both Tony Parker and Josh Smith:lmao..so fitting, tbh..

TheGreatYacht
02-01-2015, 12:17 AM
:lol I remember kawhi putting the clamps on klay during the playoffs. :lol
Were you playing 2k :lol

http://youtu.be/Y-WYwN0iQfA

TheGoldStandard
02-01-2015, 12:18 AM
Parker looks done even with gobs of rest he looks scared and lost if his jumper isn't falling. He needs to get on a Donor list and quick because he needs a heart

Spurs 4 The Win
02-01-2015, 12:21 AM
Free Bellinelli tbh

dabom
02-01-2015, 12:22 AM
Were you playing 2k :lol

http://youtu.be/Y-WYwN0iQfA
Game 3 7-20
Game 4 5-13
Game 5 2-8
Game 6 4-12

:lmao

Arc
02-01-2015, 12:23 AM
parker doesn't take enough shots. we lose. parker's fault.
parker takes a lot of shots. we lose. parker's fault.

seriously guys. the shtick isn't funny anymore. we lost because the team shot like shit and our defense looked high school level at best. how many open shots did we miss.. like 20-30?

the effort just wasn't there tonight.

apalisoc_9
02-01-2015, 12:24 AM
Can we keep this thread basketball discussion related and not flame wars please..Player fans always destroy good basketball discussions..

TheGreatYacht
02-01-2015, 12:25 AM
Game 3 7-20
Game 4 5-13
Game 5 2-8
Game 6 4-12

:lmao
Show me Matrix's stats :lol C'mon you won't...

Parker went Jordan on that series, tbh

dabom
02-01-2015, 12:29 AM
Show me Matrix's stats :lol C'mon you won't...

Parker went Jordan on that series, tbh

I admit parker was an mvp candidate but he is a fucking L nowadays.

lefty
02-01-2015, 12:32 AM
At this point, the only system that can save Enrique and Evita is the PS2

wildchild
02-01-2015, 02:14 AM

Leonard's treatment: Pop never goes with the hot-hand and sits Kawhi when he's scoring well.

14 points in the 2nd quarter against Bulls but Pop didn't call a play for him the next quarter, instead benched him the rest of the game
last game he was scoring 50% FG but Pop sat him half game
tonight he scored +20 but Pop benched him the most of last quarter...
last season against Memphis he scored 26 but "rest" him the last minutes...like the most of his games when he scored a lot.

On other teams, he could score +30 easily in those games, but he will never have any chance to break records playing less minutes than other young wings in the league.

However, Leonard doesn't care about records, he said after Blazers game to get the win is the only thing that really matters.

wildchild
02-01-2015, 02:19 AM
I still think Pop can find a way to make him at least relatively productive out there... he's been hidden on defense for a couple of seasons already, that won't change...

Defensively, it didn't help in last two losses that Pop put Tony on the best opposite player like Rose and Paul...

rasuo214
02-01-2015, 02:55 AM
The trolling on this forum is getting a bit desperate.

SupremeGuy
02-01-2015, 02:59 AM
The trolling on this forum is getting a bit desperate.I'm not even sure if TGF is trolling or honestly believe the bullshit that comes out of his mouth, tbh.

spurraider21
02-01-2015, 03:18 AM
Have to admit that it's a little funny that my nigga Great Yacht is a big fan of both Tony Parker and Josh Smith:lmao..so fitting, tbh..
on the bright side, at least he grew out of the phase where he was just spamming BruceBlitz videos to validate his shitty opinions

wildchild
02-01-2015, 04:37 AM
.. Kept feeding Boris who can't hit a three to save his life. I'm not sure why he's persistent with hitting Diaw when Kawhi and Danny are having good three three point nights...

IIRC Brazil said most of Tony's assists were to 1-Tim 2-Boris last season

KL: The lane opens up, Tony... I can attack the rim or take an open shot
http://i.imgur.com/KNLlEBxl.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/zv5CRFol.jpg
TP: Nah...I'm waiting to pass Boris (Diaw missed the 3)
http://i.imgur.com/G5ePRQBl.jpg

dabom
02-01-2015, 04:44 AM
IIRC Brazil said most of Tony's assists were to 1-Tim 2-Boris last season

KL: The lane opens up, Tony... I can attack the rim or take an open shot
http://i.imgur.com/KNLlEBxl.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/zv5CRFol.jpg
TP: Nah...I'm waiting to pass Boris (Diaw missed the 3)
http://i.imgur.com/G5ePRQBl.jpg

Tony even had a mismatch and no interior protection. Better wait for boris to take a three. :lol

EVAY
02-01-2015, 09:54 AM
I know that most of the attention on this board focuses on the play of our guards and the 'three', but I would like to suggest that the biggest problem we are having this year (that contributes to our relatively poor offensive showings) is in large part a function of our front lines.

For years our front line has had (and has accomplished) the role of screening or blocking out the other team's rim defender from our cutting and/or driving guards. This year, that is not happening, and our guards are getting their shots rejected or they are having to shoot around the other team's bigs so that the shots are not falling. Tim no longer has the strength to play that role for us (he doesn't have the heft he once had), and the offense normally has him stationed further from the rim. Tiago did it last year and did it quite well.

Since Tim is more stationary in the offense now than he was in the past, it has to be the other big who is going to get offensive rebounds, block out the opposing shot blocker, etc. etc.

We have had wretched rebounding (never worse than last night, imo) and that is a function of our bigs CONTINUALLY getting blocked out both on rebounds and on shots. We are not getting in the correct positions for our offense to work. Bonner doesn't have the strength, Diaw doesn't have the height, Tiago has disappeared, and Baynes is willing to do anything but often gets outsmarted on block-outs.

Bottom line - I think that some people's hatred of certain players or adulation of certain other players is blinding us to the larger picture, and that is the role of the big men in our offense (offensive rebounding and blocking out) and its shortcomings this year.

Last night we were getting "one and done" shots each possession over and over. On the other end, the Clippers were getting shot after shot in each possession.

IMO, the team is going to have to change how it attacks offensively, or start gang-rebounding, or both.

TheGreatYacht
04-21-2015, 01:46 AM
That Manu appreciation thread tho :cry

dick riding faggot :lmao

Stabula
04-21-2015, 01:54 AM
Interesting bump, tbh.

TheGreatYacht
04-21-2015, 01:56 AM
Interesting bump, tbh.
Just keeping my hoes in check :hat

RD2191
04-21-2015, 09:17 AM
Just keeping my hoes in check :hat
Your nerd ass ain't got no hoes. You're the biggest pussy on this site.

TheGreatYacht
04-21-2015, 03:48 PM
Your nerd ass ain't got no hoes. You're the biggest pussy on this site.
You stay on here all day :lol neck beard. Keep caring about your e-life queer

dabom
04-21-2015, 03:52 PM
Tony even had a mismatch and no interior protection. Better wait for boris to take a three. :lol

:lmao Tony still passing to boris for the three.

RD2191
04-21-2015, 03:54 PM
You stay on here all day :lol neck beard. Keep caring about your e-life queer
Tell us more about your hoes bruh. How fat are they?

TheGreatYacht
04-21-2015, 03:57 PM
Tell us more about your hoes bruh. How fat are they?
I'm not a chubby chaser, I'm sure you ain't either... Too bad that's all you can probably pull chubs

RD2191
04-21-2015, 04:05 PM
I'm not a chubby chaser, I'm sure you ain't either... Too bad that's all you can probably pull chubs
Bruh don't lie. We know you like them big ol women.

TheGreatYacht
04-21-2015, 04:09 PM
Bruh don't lie. We know you like them big ol women.
You must get chased by them, XXXL

http://youtu.be/PYF2mT-yy4o

TheGreatYacht
06-21-2015, 06:34 PM
"Don't disrespect Manu!" :cry

wildchild
06-21-2015, 10:18 PM
I'm not even sure if TGF is trolling or honestly believe the bullshit that comes out of his mouth, tbh.

Trolling? Nah...he really has no knowledge about basketball.

Remember, his players for the Finals were Harrison Barnes and Klay Thompson :lol

apalisoc_9
06-21-2015, 10:41 PM
Thanks for proving my point you idiot. The spurs desperately needed play outside of Parker and Manu...this year. Kawhi provided that play but Parker had way too much ego.

ducks
06-21-2015, 10:45 PM
Leonard ego to big this struggles in round 1

dabom
06-22-2015, 07:27 AM
Tony Parker could take another 2 months off tbh.

dabom
06-22-2015, 07:28 AM
Joe is a walking clown. Has he ever been right about anything tbh? Just asking for any references thanks. :lmao

TheGreatYacht
06-22-2015, 09:57 AM
Leonard ego to big this struggles in round 1