PDA

View Full Version : Postgame Quotes - Clippers Game

ElNono
02-01-2015, 01:33 AM
Pop:

- "You can't point to one part of the game and say that's why we lost. You can never do that. Even when you win the game, you can't point to just one thing either. It's a combination of things, but tonight in the area of execution, and on competitiveness, we were beaten badly. And at the same time, we didn't play very smart, and we didn't have enough players play well. If Tony, Timmy and Manu are only going to score 18 pts, we're not going to beat many people."

- "Griffin was great... they were all great, they played harder than we did, they played smarter, and they executed what they wanted to do at both ends of the floor. It was a butt-kicking. I don't know how else to describe it."

Green:

- "We need to take responsibility, push each other, make sure we do our jobs, hold ourselves accountable. Some nights some guys don't have it... there's no reason why we shouldn't have it, we had days off, they were on a back to back, it looked like the other way around. So, it's something we need to dig within ourselves, and find it and push each other. Ask ourselves more about it than have Pop ask for it every night."

- (On the tough December schedule) "No excuses. The days off should help. For us anyways, we have an older group, more experienced, days off should help.... obviously, playing helps with rhythm, but we had a chance to practice a little bit, compete a little bit, but there's no excuses, we should be in full rhythm right now, we played enough games."

Gino:

- "Poor game, very poor game. They played much, much better than us in every aspect of the game. Boards, offense, defense, moving the ball, we were behind the whole game, and we never had a chance."

- "It happened all game. Distractions, bad execution, so it's very disappointing."

- (On Pop using competitiveness as the problem) "If he thinks it's that, then yeah, it worries me. I thought we executed poorly, we were... distracted, like we were not on the same page every possession. Again, very disappointing."

- (On overcoming that) "Getting together, trying to share the ball better, giving importance to every possession, every minute, like we've done in the past. So far it just looks like we're waiting for things to happen. It's not gonna be like that, just gotta go for it, go get the games, not just wait."

Mikeanaro
02-01-2015, 01:39 AM
Distractions? like naked people fighting?

Malik Hairston
02-01-2015, 01:45 AM
Starting to think the "distractions" involve Parker, tbh..

Budkin
02-01-2015, 01:56 AM
Knew there was locker room shit going on.

TheGoldStandard
02-01-2015, 01:57 AM
Maybe Parker is refusing to say that Kawhi is better than him.. Uh Oh

apalisoc_9
02-01-2015, 01:59 AM
Maybe Parker is refusing to say that Kawhi is better than him.. Uh Oh

dabom
02-01-2015, 01:59 AM
Knew there was locker room shit going on.

Nothing was said about locker room distractions.

Hoops Czar
02-01-2015, 02:00 AM
:lmao Yep, every thread is a bash Tony Parker thread. Not enough Tiago Splitter threads, tbh.

TheGoldStandard
02-01-2015, 02:01 AM
:lmao Yep, every thread is a bash Tony Parker thread. Not enough Tiago Splitter threads, tbh.

We've known Tiago was castrated 2 seasons ago.. Last year he was using some experimental treatment but apparently this season he's on the placebo

Budkin
02-01-2015, 02:02 AM
Nothing was said about locker room distractions.

Too obvious

SupremeGuy
02-01-2015, 02:02 AM
Knew there was locker room shit going on.:stirpot:

Hoops Czar
02-01-2015, 02:06 AM
Too obvious

Yeah, reading Spurstalk is bad for your game and healthy state of mind. Players need to stay away.

RD2191
02-01-2015, 02:07 AM
:stirpot:
:wakeup

Sean Cagney
02-01-2015, 02:09 AM
F the quotes, start taking this seriously and playing better and saying we did not or we need to do this or that. This is getting old this year.

apalisoc_9
02-01-2015, 02:10 AM
Distractions?

Looks like a trade is happening soon..

dabom
02-01-2015, 02:11 AM
Pop calling out the big three for shitting the bed on the daily.

loveforthegame
02-01-2015, 02:11 AM
Actions speak louder than words. So far the Spurs are not backing the talk up.

Sean Cagney
02-01-2015, 02:18 AM
Distractions?

Looks like a trade is happening soon..
I doubt it man, they will probably just say this is the team that won it all last year and they were pretty good then so we will just keep at it. I would bet on that.

Robz4000
02-01-2015, 05:32 AM
Sounds like internal issues...

spursparker9
02-01-2015, 07:01 AM
Definitely something going on in the locker room...

Leetonidas
02-01-2015, 07:39 AM
lol at you arm chair psychologists trying to analyze Manu quotes. :lmao

Agloco
02-01-2015, 08:47 AM
The Spurs have the appearance of a team that would like to coast its way into the playoffs. Truth is, they're not good enough to do that.

EVAY
02-01-2015, 09:30 AM
Manu's reference to 'distractions' is more a language usage issue than anything else, imo.

From another player or Pop, I think the words would have been "lack of focus". In Manu's language translation, I think that comes out "distractions".

look_at_g_shred
02-01-2015, 10:46 AM
Distractions? Like Becky wanting to fuck in the locker room all the time?

RD2191
02-01-2015, 10:48 AM
I'm a gonna miss ya.

Beaverfuzz
02-01-2015, 11:09 AM

BAN HIM SLOMO!

look_at_g_shred
02-01-2015, 11:25 AM
Butt hurt

hater
02-01-2015, 11:36 AM
:lmao at the women of spurstalk trying to make a mountain out of an ant field.

wildbill2u
02-01-2015, 01:27 PM
Clippers were beating the hell out of us--literally. It looked a lot like old school basketball that you don't see much any more. Hawes looked like a throwback to the days of Clyde Lovellete and Marvin Barnes when some players were enforcers that beat the hell out of opposing players The Clips were really fouling us hard and preventing our drivers from going into the lane and the refs let it go without calling a foul a lot of the time.

It completely disrupted our offense. The Spurs acted as though they didn't want to mix it up or know how to respond.

SpurPadre
02-01-2015, 02:56 PM
Distractions? Ok, whose wife did Enrique Fuck THIS time? If he had to to do it again, I at least hope it was Bonner's wife.

spurs10
02-01-2015, 05:27 PM
Clippers were beating the hell out of us--literally. It looked a lot like old school basketball that you don't see much any more. Hawes looked like a throwback to the days of Clyde Lovellete and Marvin Barnes when some players were enforcers that beat the hell out of opposing players The Clips were really fouling us hard and preventing our drivers from going into the lane and the refs let it go without calling a foul a lot of the time. It completely disrupted our offense. The Spurs acted as though they didn't want to mix it up or know how to respond. This is what I saw at the game. Hawes hitting Tony in the face and fouling him hard with no whistle or repercussion from the team. The refs were shit, so it was up to the team to stand up for themselves. Hawes should have had the crap knocked out of him. Pop made a few protests, but should have been ballistic to see his PG getting the crap beat out of him. Tony just gave up and we got our asses handed to us. The Clips will get theirs.

100%duncan
02-03-2015, 08:06 AM
Distractions? Ok, whose wife did Enrique Fuck THIS time? If he had to to do it again, I at least hope it was Bonner's wife.

:lmao

Horse
02-03-2015, 01:28 PM
This is what I saw at the game. Hawes hitting Tony in the face and fouling him hard with no whistle or repercussion from the team. The refs were shit, so it was up to the team to stand up for themselves. Hawes should have had the crap knocked out of him. Pop made a few protests, but should have been ballistic to see his PG getting the crap beat out of him. Tony just gave up and we got our asses handed to us. The Clips will get theirs.

That's when Pop should've put the big banger in, Portland tried that shit in the playoffs and Baynes wasn't having it. Kind of sad seeing that the clips are the biggest pussy team in the league.

Chomag
02-03-2015, 03:30 PM
Watching the Spurs struggle against a team that just got beat by the nets a night after is not fun at all.

ElNono
02-03-2015, 03:35 PM
Watching the Spurs struggle against a team that just got beat by the nets a night after is not fun at all.

We got beat by the Nets too... by no other than Teletovic who apparently now has a career ending condition. Not fun sounds about right.

spurs10
02-03-2015, 04:34 PM
That's when Pop should've put the big banger in, Portland tried that shit in the playoffs and Baynes wasn't having it. Kind of sad seeing that the clips are the biggest pussy team in the league.:ihit Roger that!