PDA

View Full Version : Hey Avante...

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
02-01-2015, 10:00 PM
Cam wouldn't have thrown that pick :lol

Avante
02-01-2015, 10:51 PM
Cam wouldn't have thrown that pick :lol

Cam Newton is what vs Seattle in the RW era?

Avante
02-21-2015, 09:38 PM
Cam Newton vs Russell Wilson

Newton has lost 4 in a row to RW.

RW has won far more regular season games and is far more successful in the playoffs.

Cam's best comp% for a season...61.7, RW's 64.1
Most td's for Cam in a seasn...24, RW 26 twice!
Most INT's in a season for Cam...17, RW 10.
Cam's best passer rating...88.8, RW 101.2
Cam's beat QBR rating...56.8, RW 71.45

As we can see not even close.

Anyone have another QB ya want to compare?

Silver&Black
02-21-2015, 09:52 PM
Hey Avante (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=33483) ....

Who are the Bucs going to pick with the 1st pick? Mariota or Winston?

Avante
02-21-2015, 09:58 PM
Hey Avante (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=33483) ....

Who are the Bucs going to pick with the 1st pick? Mariota or Winston?

Johnny Manziel fucked it up for Winston. Everyone knew who Johnny was and yep, he was who they thought he was, well this is no different. Winston is not mature enought to lead a pro football (grown men) team right now and it's real obvious, we can see it in the way he talks, he's just a big goofy kid.

Mariota is no hell and brimstone guy but he does appear intelligent and level headed. And...SAFE!

The Buc's will take the...SAFE!....Marcus Mariota.

You give Mariota $$$$$$$$$ and chances are it won't overwelm him. You give a guy who is jumping up on tables and acting like a deranged monkey big $$$$$$$$$$$$ and there has gotta be some concern.

Avante
02-21-2015, 10:30 PM
Hard to imagine Bo Jackson running a 4.16 or was it 4.19? None of these guys today even in the same time zone (get it, haha!!!)

Avante
02-22-2015, 12:19 AM
Speaking of fast running backs.

All Time NFL RB's 100m

lane

1.Travis Williams 9.3 ASU/Packers
2.O.J.Simpson 9.4 USC/Bills
3.Michael Bennett 10.18 Wis/Vikes
4.Curtis Dickey 10.10 Tex A&M/Colts
5.Herschel Walker 10.23 Ga/pick one
6.Joe Delaney 9.4 NWLa/Chiefs
7.Bo Jackson 9.5 Auburn/Raiders
8.Jamaal Charles 10.18 Texas/Chiefs

Trindon Holliday is a RB and his 10.00 would make him the fastest ever but he's done so little, nay!!!!!!!!

Infinite_limit
02-22-2015, 12:22 AM
Winston will go #1 and Mariota will fall mid to late 1st Round

Avante
02-22-2015, 12:24 AM

I don't argue/debate the draft, learned a long time ago it's funky.

Avante
02-22-2015, 12:34 AM
With Mariota running a sold 4.52 that got me thinking about the fastest QB's.

The fastest QB ever was Bears receiver Curtis Conway, he was a Cali state 100m champ and a 10.2 cat while at USC. A high school QB.

As far as pro football QB's go...

Michael Vick Falcons
RGIII Redskins
Marlon "The Magician" Briscoe Broncos
Colin Kaepernick Niners
Steve Young Niners
Russell Wilson Seahawks
Randall Cunnigham Eagles
Bobby Douglas Bears
Vince Young Titans
Kordell Stewart Steelers
Ryan Tannehill Dolphins

Avante
02-22-2015, 12:45 AM
The fastest athlete to ever touch a football.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztRL-QMI1NY

Silver&Black
02-22-2015, 01:11 AM

Unfortunately, I think you're right.

I'm going to have to deal with that crab-leg stealing :monkey for years....:cry

BTW...can't see Mariota falling past the Jets.

Clipper Nation
02-22-2015, 01:13 AM
At least Winston can read a defense and play from the pocket in a pro-style offense. Mariota is just a gimmick.

Avante
02-22-2015, 01:54 AM
The biggest difference between the two other than speed/maturity is how Mariota protects the ball compared to Winston. In his three seasons at Oregon he only had 10 INT's while Winston had 28INT's in just two seasons, this is a biggie.

Avante
02-22-2015, 02:12 AM
Never seen a bigger waste of time than the combine. Football is not the decathlon. All that's needed is game film of actual football. The standing long jump, hahaha!!!!!!!!! Even the 40 is a load of bullshit, just ask Jerry Rice. Olympic sprinter Sam Graddy a silver medalist in the 100m, would blow any of his fellow wide receivers away in any race, he wasn't shit.

Avante
02-27-2015, 03:54 PM
Now that it's obvious I win $$$$ beating the NFL I won't be handing out free $$$$ next season.

But I will give you rookies a few pointers....

Home/Road...is huge, as is...heading into a bye/coming off a bye. You want to find (it's all out there) how these teams perform in whatever role they are playing that week.

Example

Niners are 10-2 at home when laying 3 or less, their opponents the Rams a weak 2-10 as a road dog getting less than a TD. That's a 20-4 trend favoring the Niners. Now ya want to search out another 3-5 plays with numbers that strong. What are the odds (and it's all about odds) of all those strong plays failing on the same weekend?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ya look for "spots' that favor a team over another, from an ATS perspective. Yep, homework.

If the coach/QB combo is intact ya go with ATS history, anyone playing..."that was in 2011 what does it have to do with...." doesn't understand ATS betting.

Avante
03-04-2015, 01:29 AM
While he does get his props Marshawn Lynch isn't the first power runner.

He's just the best of the brusiers right now.

Marion Motley was the original "BEAST" he played for the Browns back in the days of Otto Graham. A 240 pounder at a time when d linemen were 260 and backers 220. A bull!

The first great AFL rusher was Cookie Gilchrist a 250 pounder with an attitude. First AFLer to rush for a 1000 yards in a season.

Earl Campbell was the fastest of the big backs. He packed a wallop, and ran angry,

While John Riggins was a state 100 champ at 9.8, by the time he arrived with the Skins he was over 240 pounds not the 205 he was in HS. So some of that zip was gone but not the power. You can't talk Riggins and not talk Larry Csonka and Mike Alstott. All three ran over defenses.

There will always be power backs in the NFL, just too many big bad cats playing football.

What's unique about Lynch is he's really not all that big, he's only a 215 pounder. I think O.J.was about that.

SanAntonioSpurs23
03-06-2015, 04:06 AM
2nd and goal faggot. Struggle Fucking sucks

Avante
03-10-2015, 12:09 PM
2nd and goal faggot. Struggle Fucking sucks

What are you fucking 13? Dude, ya look at the body of work, not "a play, ok stupid?

Avante
03-12-2015, 06:41 PM
Now that Lynch isn't going anywhere and RW FINALLY has an elite receiver who beats the Seahawks in the NFC?

The Cowboys have lost Murray, the Cards have an old QB, can the Eagles make it work in season one with all the new pieces?

Then there's the Packers.

And a team that could surprise, who?

Avante
03-12-2015, 10:48 PM
Avante interviewing CN.

Avante...thought you'd be bigger.
CN...faggot!
Avante...so what about your Chargers in 2015?
CN..bunch of faggots!
Avante...I see, so.....why don't you like Russell Wilson?
CN...he's a faggot!
Avante...right, so...ah...will the Cowboys miss Murray?
CN...that big faggot line and that faggot Romo will be ok.
Avante...so what about Jameis Winston, will he make it?
CN...fuck that faggot!
Avante...hey, thanks for your time CN.
CN..see ya faggot.

Avante
03-13-2015, 07:57 PM
When RW signs the only fully guaranteed contract in history, yep, another first.

How many will that make, a dozen?

03-14-2015, 01:29 AM
And a team that could surprise, who?the Lions

Avante
03-15-2015, 10:52 PM
the Lions

I was thinking Rams.

Avante
03-15-2015, 10:53 PM
I wonder if anyone will contact Tyreek Hill?

Smith and Willis retiring will make the biggest dent, with Suh at Miami making the biggest impact.

Clipper Nation
03-16-2015, 12:24 AM
When RW signs the only fully guaranteed contract in history, yep, another first.

And when that fucks over the Seahawks for investing so much money in such an average player, it won't exactly be a "first" to be proud of.

spurraider21
03-16-2015, 01:08 AM
And when that fucks over the Seahawks for investing so much money in such an average player, it won't exactly be a "first" to be proud of.
a good QB signing a huge contract that hurts his team? it wouldn't be a first at all. joe bags is one of the recent examples

Clipper Nation
03-16-2015, 01:18 AM
a good QB signing a huge contract that hurts his team? it wouldn't be a first at all. joe bags is one of the recent examples

Joe Bags' contract isn't even that bad in comparison to other quarterbacks, tbh :lol

Kraepernick, Matt Ryan, and Jay Cutler have been given more guaranteed money than him, and they're all born losers. Joe Bags actually performs in the playoffs and has carried his team to a ring, something Struggle can only dream of doing :lol

spurraider21
03-16-2015, 01:24 AM
Joe Bags' contract isn't even that bad in comparison to other quarterbacks, tbh :lol

Kraepernick, Matt Ryan, and Jay Cutler have been given more guaranteed money than him, and they're all born losers. Joe Bags actually performs in the playoffs and has carried his team to a ring, something Struggle can only dream of doing :lol
kaep/cuntler's deals are obviously worse (especially cutler)... thats why in my post i said "a good QB signing a huge contract"

i understand why they paid flacco. but they've had to make painful cap-wary decisions since then partly because of it. heck the saints got into a shitty cap situation and Brees has some pretty monstrous cap hits. i'm not suggesting brees is the reason they're bad, but the big contracts make it hard to stay competitive. so if seattle gives wilson a big market level contract, they'll probably have to lose some key pieces too. it won't be a "first"

Clipper Nation
03-16-2015, 02:08 AM
More shitty takes from Philo - trying to claim that both an average QB like Struggle and an amazing QB like Joe Bags are just "good," textbook false equivalence.

Joe Bags' cap hits haven't actually been that bad over the first three years and will likely be restructured in 2016 in order to dodge the truly bad cap hit that's scheduled for that year. Ray Rice's contract has been more damaging to the Ravens than Flacco's.

spurraider21
03-16-2015, 04:21 AM
Flacco is good... but :lol "amazing"

can't extrapolate his 2013 postseason run to his entire career, even though they had to base his contract on that run. Boldin was a monster for them that run and they dealt him for a pick due to salary cap reasons. they then missed the playoffs the following season

Avante
03-16-2015, 04:22 AM

When do you figure out Carroll wants to run the read option? What never? Now think little fella, who could run that offense better, yep....NOBODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Little man do you work at...DUH?

We have speed backs and power backs, we have Wes Welker and Calvin Johnson. There is more than one way to do things half pint, ok? Try to imagine Peyton/Brady running the read option, hahahha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You do not have to stand in the pocket and throw, throw, throw...ok? He hasn't proven that fact by now?

Shorty, nobody has done it better than RW after three seasons, stop acting retarded, ok? You are really looking stupid with this CN, dumber than usual. All those who understand the game get Russell Wilson, only morons and idiots like you are missing it.

Your.....I must do all I can to disagree/put down/criticize Avante, is looking pretty lame. You saw my $$$$$ picks season, you've seen my... RUSSELL WILSON ...actually do more than I thought he would. Give it up guy, it's not working, ok?

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
03-16-2015, 08:26 AM
^ Cam Newton

Clipper Nation
03-16-2015, 09:39 AM
Flacco is good... but :lol "amazing"

can't extrapolate his 2013 postseason run to his entire career, even though they had to base his contract on that run. Boldin was a monster for them that run and they dealt him for a pick due to salary cap reasons. they then missed the playoffs the following season
It's not just 2013, he's always been a great postseason QB (unlike Struggle, who's constantly choked but usually has been carried by his stacked defense). If having Boldin means he doesn't deserve that contract, then Struggle doesn't deserve one red cent because of how stacked his supporting cast is and how awful he'd be without them.

Avante
03-16-2015, 10:23 PM
If RW has another great season now it will be...."if not for Jimmy Graham'...hahaha!!!!!!!!!!

Avante
03-16-2015, 10:27 PM
I'm thinking...

Cowboys/Eagles
Giants
Redskins

Seahawks/Cards
Rams
Niners

Packers
Lions
Vikes
Bears

Panthers
Falcons
Buc;s/Saints

Broncos
Chiefs/Chargers/Raiders

Colts
who cares?

Ravens/Steelers
Bengals
Browns

Pats
Bills
Dolphins/Jets

Avante
03-18-2015, 06:44 PM
Each teams greatest receiver ever. Not just stats.

And a few that must be mentioned.

Niners...Jerry Rice
Seahawks...Steve Largent
Rams...Isacc Bruce/Elroy "Crazy Legs" Hirsh/Tom Fears
Cards...Larry Fitzgerald
Packers...Donald Driver/James Lofton
Lions...Calvin Johnson
Vikes...Randy Moss/Chris Carter
Bears...Johnny Morris
Cowboys...Jason Witten/Michael Irvin/Dez Bryant/Bob Hayes
Eagles...Tommy McDonald
Redskins...Art Monk/Charley Taylor/Bobby Mitchell
Giants...Odell Beckham
Saints...Jimmy Graham
Falcons...Alfred Jenkins
Buc's...Mark Carrier
Panthers...Steve Smith
Chargers...Lance Alworth/Charlie Joiner/Kellan Winslow
Raiders...Tim Brown/Fred Biletnikoff/Dave Casper
Broncos...Rod Smith
Chiefs...Tony Gonzalez
Steelers..Antonio Brown/Hines Ward/John Stallworth
Browns...Dante LaVelli
Bengals..Chad Johnson
Ravens...Anquan Boldin
Pats...Stanley Morgan
Jets...Don Maynard
Bills...Andre Reed
Dolphins...Paul Warfield
Colts...Marvin Harrison/Reggie Wayne/Ray Berry
Jags...Jimmy Smith
Titans/Oilers...Charley Hennigan
Texans...Andre Johnson

I have to mention John Mackey, Mike Ditka, Lynn Swan, John Jefferson, Bobby Joe Conrad, Cliff Branch also.