PDA

View Full Version : Bill Belichick..

Malik Hairston
02-02-2015, 12:06 AM
I don't see any threads about him on the front page, although I didn't really look, to be fair:lol..

Greatest coach in the history of pro sports, tbh..unlike other old heads, he has evolved with the times..he just took an offense full of White players and won a SB, just to show that he can:lmao..he made 5'10 190 pound Julian Edelman shit all over one of the best secondaries in NFL history:lol..

He only cares about winning, too..some use it as a cliche, but Belichick actually does it IRL:

- Murdering Thug? Don't give a fuck, good TE
- Cheating? Do it, who the fuck cares, as long as I win
- Deflategate? Ask Brady, I don't know:lol
- Old star player, but on the decline? No sympathy or loyalty, releases or trades them

The biggest gangster in pro sports, tbh..

Malik Hairston
02-02-2015, 12:08 AM
Can't forget about the Blount move, too..

Quits on the Steelers and has a bad rep around the league, but Belichick takes him anyways and makes him the starting RB for the SB champs:lol..

sook
02-02-2015, 12:10 AM
Greg Popabitch begs to differ.

Clipper Nation
02-02-2015, 12:11 AM
:lol He got bailed out, tbh. He would have looked like the biggest dumbfuck ever for not calling timeout if not for Struggle Wilson flubbing the big one.

Anyway, I'd rather have Lombardi, Shula, Gibbs, or Landry than Belichick any day of the week.

Malik Hairston
02-02-2015, 12:11 AM
Pop is nowhere near Belichick as a coach, tbh..NBA coaches are way less important than NFL coaches, anyways..

Floyd Pacquiao
02-02-2015, 12:13 AM
Is bill really the architect of the offense or is it really Josh McDaniels?

Malik Hairston
02-02-2015, 12:13 AM
:lol He got bailed out, tbh. He would have looked like the biggest dumbfuck ever for not calling timeout if not for Struggle Wilson flubbing the big one.

Anyway, I'd rather have Lombardi, Shula, Gibbs, or Landry than Belichick any day of the week.

:lol coaches from the 50s
:lol using notepads and drawing plays on a piece of paper
:lol using cliche speeches

Pelicans78
02-02-2015, 12:14 AM
Can't forget about the Blount move, too..

Quits on the Steelers and has a bad rep around the league, but Belichick takes him anyways and makes him the starting RB for the SB champs:lol..

Hoody orchestrated the move to make Blount quit so he could get cut. Pure genius.

Pelicans78
02-02-2015, 12:15 AM

Geez, horrendous clock management on his part. Also cost the team the game with that boneheaded decision.

Clipper Nation
02-02-2015, 12:17 AM

Shula took three different quarterbacks to Super Bowls, Gibbs won Super Bowls with Doug fucking Williams and Mark Rypien :lol

sook
02-02-2015, 12:18 AM
Pop is nowhere near Belichick as a coach, tbh..NBA coaches are way less important than NFL coaches, anyways..

Pop has been instrumental to the team from a variety of positions, scouting, GM, HC and succeeded at every turn. You can also credit him for the increase in euro players finding their niche in the NBA, the evolution of the game (as a result) if you really want to push it.

Best to see post-Brady and post-Duncan for CIA Pop and CIA Belichick.

Pelicans78
02-02-2015, 12:19 AM
Gibbs was underrated winning Super Bowls with 3 different QBs.

Shula was great in his own right, but should have found a way to win with Marino. Instead, Marino suffered with horrible defenses for years.

Vince is a great coach in his own right. Doesn't have the Super Bowls, but has numerous NFL Championships.

spurraider21
02-02-2015, 12:19 AM
Belichik's great coaching caused Seattle to go for a pass

Pelicans78
02-02-2015, 12:20 AM
1991 Redskins are one of the most dominant teams in NFL history and Mark Rypien was their QB.

InRareForm
02-02-2015, 11:17 AM

on a play they practiced against as well!!

lefty
02-02-2015, 11:23 AM
:lol

Raven
02-02-2015, 02:52 PM

in fairness, perhaps the most underrated BB's ability, is his courage to gamble on the opposing team ineptitude.

Malik Hairston
02-02-2015, 06:50 PM
Belichick's decision not to call timeout and believe in his defense to make a stop will go down as the greatest coaching move in the history of pro sports IMO..

The mortals, like us fans and the media, were begging for him to let Lynch score and give Brady a shot, but that's why we're just merely fans and media, while he's the greatest coach in pro sports, tbh..genius..

spurraider21
02-02-2015, 07:04 PM
lol it was a horrible move but it worked out anyway. you could believe in your defense but still take timeouts

DUNCANownsKOBE
02-02-2015, 07:07 PM
There's no possible way to defend him not calling a timeout there. That's a decision that loses the game 97 out of 100 times.

Malik Hairston
02-02-2015, 07:12 PM
Disagree..the Seahawks were 1-5 this season running with Lynch from the 1-yard line..

Belichick is the type of nigga that probably knew that, tbh:lol..

Doesn't matter, though..it's a results-based profession, and his move won the Patriots an improbable SB..

spurraider21
02-02-2015, 07:13 PM
Disagree..the Seahawks were 1-5 this season running with Lynch from the 1-yard line..

Belichick is the type of nigga that probably knew that, tbh:lmao..
ok but what does that have to do with calling a timeout

also why is that hilarious enough to warrant :lmao

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
02-02-2015, 07:13 PM
Lynch was 0-3 on 1 yard runs against Carolina, too

Malik Hairston
02-02-2015, 07:14 PM
ok but what does that have to do with calling a timeout

Knowing the Seahawks are not a lock to score, based on their numbers this season, so choosing to trust your defense, rather than relying on Brady to drive the entire field in 1 minute or less..

DUNCANownsKOBE
02-02-2015, 07:14 PM

Belichick is the type of nigga that probably knew that, tbh:lmao..

But how does not calling a timeout make Seattle more likely to pass the ball? Time wasn't even a factor and they had a timeout, which is why they were taking their time in the huddle prior to that interception. I think they call that retarded play regardless of whether or not Belichick calls a timeout.

Malik Hairston
02-02-2015, 07:16 PM
But how does not calling a timeout make Seattle more likely to pass the ball? Time wasn't even a factor and they had a timeout, which is why they were taking their time in the huddle prior to that interception. I think they call that retarded play regardless of whether or not Belichick calls a timeout.

Any High School-level coach calls a timeout there, it's basic strategy and would be in any "Introduction to Coaching" textbook:lol..so, I refuse to believe Belichick, one of the most experienced coaches in league history, didn't realize it made more sense to call a timeout, from a basic football standpoint..

He must have seen something he liked in their defense's set vs. Seattle's formations, at that point, and would have rather taken his chances with Seattle trying to get in the end zone, rather than relying on Brady to drive the full field against that defense..

N0 LyF3 ScRuB

If they ran it and didn't get it, they'd have to call their last time out. It would be a huge gamble for them to run it on third down because if they don't get it they have to hurry up on fourth and goal for all the chips

DUNCANownsKOBE
Knowing the Seahawks are not a lock to score, based on their numbers this season, so choosing to trust your defense, rather than relying on Brady to drive the entire field in 1 minute or less..

trusting your defense and calling a timeout there weren't mutually exclusive. Seattle had enough time to do whatever it wanted regardless of the timeout.

Also if Lynch was so bad from the 1 yard line then wouldn't BB want to do something to make them more likely to call that play?

DUNCANownsKOBE
02-02-2015, 07:18 PM
Any High School-level coach calls a timeout there, it's basic strategy and would be in any "Introduction to Coaching" textbook:lol..so, I refuse to believe Belichick didn't realize it made more sense to call a timeout, from a basic football standpoint, he must have seen something he liked in their defense's set vs. Seattle's formations, at that point..

That's a fair argument I guess.

:lmao your av

unleashbaynes
02-02-2015, 07:24 PM
if he calls a timeout there the Seahawks run the ball no question. He threw Carroll for a loop on that one.

spurraider21
02-02-2015, 07:24 PM
so bill belichik making an obvious mistake must be the right move because he's bill belichik. because we've never seen him make shitty decisions before. i guess we should never second guess pop either

Malik Hairston
02-02-2015, 07:29 PM
I just find it hard to believe that Belichick would ignore a basic coaching decision that everybody in the world thought he should have made:lol..everybody watching, everybody commenting, everybody on Twitter, in the media, etc was puzzled as to why he didn't take a timeout, yet Belichick himself didn't understand that it was the correct move, from a basic football standpoint?

It's not the same type of decision like the Seahawks choosing to pass with Wilson, rather than run the ball, or Pop taking Duncan out of the game because he thought Tim would be too slow to rotate..Belichick calling a timeout would have been a basic football decision that everybody in the world expected, there's no way that he wouldn't realize the clock/timeouts situation in the fucking SB, at that point of the game:lol..

spurraider21
02-02-2015, 07:30 PM
this sounds like people's rationale about Pop after 6

he made an error but it didn't come back to bite him, so no need to harp on it. if the seahawks scored a TD instead of getting picked, we wouldn't be harping on Bevell's bad play call either

Malik Hairston
02-02-2015, 07:33 PM
Pop's decision to remove Duncan wasn't a basic coaching move, it wasn't even particularly a stupid decision, it actually made sense, and the Spurs have been burned before by Duncan being too slow vs. stretch bigs/spaced-out teams..

Belichick calling a timeout would have been a basic coaching move that 99.9% of the world would have done..

spurraider21
02-02-2015, 07:51 PM
Pop's decision to remove Duncan wasn't a basic coaching move, it wasn't even particularly a stupid decision, it actually made sense, and the Spurs have been burned before by Duncan being too slow vs. stretch bigs/spaced-out teams..

Belichick calling a timeout would have been a basic coaching move that 99.9% of the world would have done..
Pop pulling Duncan the first time was fine... Miami had a small lineup with LeBron, Chalmers, Miller, Wade, Allen.

but after getting burned by an offensive rebound AND having Miami insert Bosh, it was stupid not to have Duncan out there. it was just like Vogel pulling Hibbert two consecutive possessions to give up two consecutive layups

plus not having them foul in the event of a rebound was foolish. it was a coaching gaffe, lets not play around that. even the great ones have slip ups. we were bagging on Pop for not switching Green to Monta until late in the Dallas series, etc.

UZER
02-02-2015, 08:07 PM
I think BB was contemplating hard whether to call it or not, but in the end decided not to knowing the Seahawks were down to one TO and scrambling. He was letting the pressure mount on them as the precious seconds were ticking away. Why bail them out calling a TO?

AlexJones
02-02-2015, 09:55 PM
Still think he has to give Brady the ball back with 1:00 to go and 2 timeouts, only needing a FG.

spurraider21
02-02-2015, 10:03 PM
was 24 seconds left

Brazil
02-03-2015, 02:15 PM
BTW If the 1-5 is true then the decision to not go to Lynch does not seem that dumb tbh...

If Beli knows it, Carroll knows it too even tho Pats Def were set to counter a Lynch run.

One could see Carroll move as a very solid one... Trusting Harlem's numbers, Lynch is 1-5 one the 1 yard line, in 109 passes from 1 yard line 0 interception. Based on stat going for the pass is the correct move, you don't lose the ball, at wort you waste time which is great.

Blame should then be put on the execution from RW throw to receiver being afraid of the ball.

so much for the conspiracy theory tbh...

People needs to make up their mind

monosylab1k
02-03-2015, 02:21 PM
Honestly, he probably saw that to call timeout and let them score, he'd then have to go at least 40 yds in 30-40ish seconds with one timeout, against one of the all-time greatest secondaries and a QB with a shitty deep ball and no real burners out wide. He wouldn't be able to neutralize the pass rush with a ton of short quick passes because there's just not enough time, and he knows Brady would end up getting sacked like the last 2 SB desperation drives. At that point he probably said "fuck it, we'll win or lose this game right now" and hoped his defense could deliver a miracle or a goal line stand.

spurraider21
02-03-2015, 02:25 PM
Honestly, he probably saw that to call timeout and let them score, he'd then have to go at least 40 yds in 30-40ish seconds with one timeout, against one of the all-time greatest secondaries and a QB with a shitty deep ball and no real burners out wide. At that point he probably said "fuck it, we'll win or lose this game right now" and hoped his defense could deliver a miracle or a goal line stand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrugOFI_3Jc

monosylab1k
02-03-2015, 02:26 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrugOFI_3Jc

Matt Ryan can throw it deep and he has maybe the best deep ball receiver in the NFL.

spurraider21
02-03-2015, 02:27 PM
Matt Ryan can throw it deep and he has maybe the best deep ball receiver in the NFL.
:lol... yeah but you dont just give up during the superbowl. maybe he was hoping letting the time run would pressure the seahawks

the longest throw on that possession was 30 yards to harry douglas though

monosylab1k
02-03-2015, 02:28 PM
They also had 2 timeouts, the Patriots would have had 1 or zero depending on which down Seattle scored.

monosylab1k
02-03-2015, 02:28 PM
:lol... yeah but you dont just give up during the superbowl. maybe he was hoping letting the time run would pressure the seahawks

He didn't give up, he just decided that letting the defense win or lose the game was a better option than letting them score and trying another desperation drive.

spurraider21
02-03-2015, 02:40 PM
He didn't give up, he just decided that letting the defense win or lose the game was a better option than letting them score and trying another desperation drive.
but why does calling a timeout mean he can't let the defense win the game anyway?

JoeTait75
02-03-2015, 02:44 PM
Honestly, he probably saw that to call timeout and let them score, he'd then have to go at least 40 yds in 30-40ish seconds with one timeout, against one of the all-time greatest secondaries and a QB with a shitty deep ball and no real burners out wide. He wouldn't be able to neutralize the pass rush with a ton of short quick passes because there's just not enough time, and he knows Brady would end up getting sacked like the last 2 SB desperation drives. At that point he probably said "fuck it, we'll win or lose this game right now" and hoped his defense could deliver a miracle or a goal line stand.

Makes sense, especially since it wasn't as if the Seahawks could run the clock down and just kick the field goal to win, like the Broncos in their Super Bowl against Green Bay. The Seahawks still had to score a touchdown to win.

monosylab1k
02-03-2015, 03:55 PM
but why does calling a timeout mean he can't let the defense win the game anyway?

To put pressure on Seattle. They're the ones who still have to score and are running out of time.

Brazil
02-03-2015, 04:28 PM

I do agree with this... he liked the lines up and said fuck it

Malik Hairston
02-03-2015, 05:01 PM
I keep hearing the stupid take: "Rodgers drove the field against Seattle in the previous game"

- Brady, as good as he is, just dinks and dunks at this point of his career..there's no way he drives the entire field and scores a TD against that D with limited time
- Their timeout situation would have hurt them, too

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
02-03-2015, 05:34 PM

He won. It worked. He gets a pass. Let it go.

HI-FI
02-03-2015, 10:52 PM
i was about to start a thread on BB after the game but Harlem got there first.

what more is there to say, Belichick is a fucking boss. as much shit as I give patriots and especially bradyfan, i've always given Belichick lots of respect. The guy is easily the best coach since Walsh, but at this point he might be no. 2 all time. There's no doubt he's on the Mt. Rushmore of football coaches.

imagine what other head coach could take this accurate albeit unremarkable 6th rounder from Michigan,
http://cdn01.cdn.justjared.com/wp-content/uploads/headlines/2008/01/tom-brady-shirtless.jpg
http://r2-store.distractify.netdna-cdn.com/postimage/201409/45/e43f0e3c239eadada927cd1d1cd09bbd.gif
develop him from a game manager into an arguable GOAT.

or to take this 7th rounder,
http://media.giphy.com/media/epdsFE0Q4uFzi/giphy.gif
and go 11-5 despite him not starting since high school....just unreal.

I think BB's best talent is his ability to adapt. He's been the best at adapting to rule changes or evolutions in the game over the long term. He's also been hands down the best I've seen at adapting and adjusting throughout each season.

One of my best friends and I were both saying at the SB shindig that we'll hate the pats a lot less once brady is sent packing. of course that probably won't happen even though BB has told Mike Lombardi he wants to coach 5 more years after brady.

If Belichick goes on a final deep playoff run with whomever comes after Brady, and I believe it will happen, then Belichick will get cemented as the GOAT NFL coach imo.

Clipper Nation
02-03-2015, 11:48 PM
Have you seen the scrubs Joe Gibbs was winning Super Bowls with? And that was in an era where physical defense was allowed against QB's and WR's :lol

Brazil
02-04-2015, 04:52 PM
Here confirmation of what some were saying tbh about Beli choice to not call a time-out:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/bill-belichick-explains-why-didnt-174650206.html

He liked the match up proposed by Seahawks and go with it