PDA

View Full Version : It still hurts :cry

DarrinS
02-02-2015, 02:31 PM
http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=108084

I've spent the last 3 hours laying in bed, tossing & turning. I'm supposed to be up for work in 4 hours. My stomach aches. My brain won't turn off. I keep thinking of the end of the game. What happened. What could've happened. What should've happened. This was the biggest loss of my Seahawk fandom. I want to just move on, get past it, but my mind won't let me. Different scenarios play out in my head. I can't turn it off. Alternate futures that might have been.

I don't know how to react to this. I'm so proud of this team and all the joy they've brought me. And to have it all end so suddenly. And to know it was self-inflicted. The end of game heartbreak that's the result of one of our own making such an egregious mistake. Right now I'm trying to reconcile the fact that I'm a fan of a team that, for the moment, employs one of the biggest villains in Seattle Sports history. This one is going to take a while to get over. The fallout from this is going to happen over an entire offseason and I don't know if I have the stomach for it.

baseline bum
02-02-2015, 02:40 PM
:lmao

lefty
02-02-2015, 02:52 PM
:lol Murican NFL fans

Darth_Pelican
02-02-2015, 02:55 PM
I didn't realize timvp was a Seahawks fan.

Infinite_limit
02-02-2015, 02:58 PM
I went on a 2-week drinking binge after the Ravens Super Bowl.

lefty
02-02-2015, 03:12 PM
I didn't realize timvp was a Seahawks fan.
:lol

LnGrrrR
02-03-2015, 03:10 PM
http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=108084

That's how I felt in 2008. Thank goodness they won this one. I didn't want another month deployed with nothing to do but think about that stupid Kearse catch.

Trainwreck2100
02-03-2015, 03:37 PM
I spent the two days after 6 drunk off my as and didn't sober up till the night after game 7. To this day I don't remember much of game 7 .

resistanze
02-03-2015, 03:54 PM
Worst sports fandom pain in my career. Worse than XL. I stripped my gears going from so happy to so sick in such a short amount of time. Still haven't recovered. I find myself just shaking my head involuntarily like blinking.

J.T.
02-03-2015, 04:06 PM
I went on a 2-week drinking binge after the Ravens Super Bowl.

Shit man I'm still on a drinking binge from that Saints win. Fucking onside kick

Trainwreck2100
02-03-2015, 04:09 PM
Wtf kinda fan base names themselves btw? Looking at that forum they call themselves 12s. I'm so happy they lost

Thebesteva
02-03-2015, 04:44 PM
:lol Meanwhile in Africa

BatManu20
02-03-2015, 04:50 PM
Couldn't sleep at 6 either tbh. Took me like 2 hours of tossing and turning before I finally did. I knew it was over. There was no coming back from that.

BatManu20
02-03-2015, 04:50 PM

:lol

Malik Hairston
02-03-2015, 04:59 PM
I used to feel this way about sports in my teens and younger, tbh..nowadays, it'll annoy me for the rest of the night, but I'm over it by the next morning, outside of trolling purposes/internet bragging:lol..

Tough to care so much when you have real life problems..

cantthinkofanything
02-03-2015, 05:05 PM
I used to feel this way about sports in my teens and younger, tbh..nowadays, it'll annoy me for the rest of the night, but I'm over it by the next morning, outside of trolling purposes/internet bragging:lol..

x2
The older I get, the less I care. When I'm 50, I sure don't want for my happiness to be hinging on a black quarterback's ability to make an easy short pass.
LOL at motherfuckers losing more sleep than Russel Wilson is.

Thebesteva
02-03-2015, 05:13 PM
Half these comments are about "Im at work today" and bla bla bla. Do any of these people actually focus at work? :lol

I came to work this morning knowing 2 things. We played our hearts out and had every opportunity to finish that game, but one bad call cost it. I tried to argue that there were a bunch of plays that eventually cost us, and usually I am down with that line of thinking, but not this time. Not this game. One play was the reason we lost this game.

Lastly, I am at work today, with the knowledge that we are still the best team in the NFL right now, and I don't see that changing this off season.

:cry:cry:cry:cry

Malik Hairston
02-03-2015, 05:21 PM
When you see pro athletes in real life, it's a reality check, tbh:lol..

Most of them forget about the game the next day and enjoy their multi-millionaire lives, while many fans are actually emotionally affected by the outcome for days, sometimes weeks..

The Big Fan was a really good movie that touched on this..

scanry
02-03-2015, 07:42 PM
That's how I felt in 2008. Thank goodness they won this one. I didn't want another month deployed with nothing to do but think about that stupid Kearse catch.

I agree, the 08 SB hurt a lot more than the 12.

monosylab1k
02-03-2015, 07:49 PM
The 18-1 Super Bowl was horrible. Like having my heart ripped out through my asshole.

2012 wasn't nearly as bad because (1) Mavs ringing in 2011 made me completely at peace with my sports fandom, after that there just wasn't as much eating at me about my teams' past failures, (2) I was more pissed off at the Patriots for playing like shit and giving the game away. They deserved to lose and I knew it.

After rinnging again on Sunday I barely feel anything about the 2012 loss. 18-1 still hurts tho tbh :cry

DUNCANownsKOBE
02-03-2015, 08:23 PM

If they lost this superbowl after the Kearse catch then that might have been the straw that broke everyone's back from an emotional standpoint. Idk how Brady or Belichick would ever recover from that after already having 18-1 and the 2012 shitshow.

midnightpulp
02-03-2015, 08:44 PM
The 18-1 Super Bowl was horrible. Like having my heart ripped out through my asshole.

2012 wasn't nearly as bad because (1) Mavs ringing in 2011 made me completely at peace with my sports fandom, after that there just wasn't as much eating at me about my teams' past failures, (2) I was more pissed off at the Patriots for playing like shit and giving the game away. They deserved to lose and I knew it.

After rinnging again on Sunday I barely feel anything about the 2012 loss. 18-1 still hurts tho tbh :cry

Not sure how invested you are in the Texas Rangers, but the 2011 World Series was the worst sports loss I've ever seen. I don't think a team (in the World Series) has ever had a 2+ run lead twice in the same game in the 9th and extra innings while also being one strike away both times and proceeded to lose.

Absolutely soul crushing.

spurraider21
02-03-2015, 09:06 PM
:lol baseball

the 2001, 2002, and 2003 NFL playoffs were all pretty brutal. and then the last 12 seasons have been just... lame

midnightpulp
02-03-2015, 09:14 PM

the 2001, 2002, and 2003 NFL playoffs were all pretty brutal. and then the last 12 seasons have been just... lame

The most soul crushing losses in North American sports have come in baseball. There is nothing worse than being a strike away with a lead and blowing it. And since the game has no clock, no lead is ever safe.

The game was designed by sadists.

Aztecfan03
02-03-2015, 09:36 PM

It might make sense in places that have never one anything and get so close, but you just won last year, Seattle. Settle down.

Infinite_limit
02-04-2015, 12:26 AM

I cried after the 1996 World Series

spurraider21
02-04-2015, 12:34 AM
You wana talk about it?

Sean Cagney
02-04-2015, 12:39 AM
I spent the two days after 6 drunk off my as and didn't sober up till the night after game 7. To this day I don't remember much of game 7 .

I stopped drinking after 6 immediately that night! I was going to drink myself stupid if we won and celebrate all night long but that game just killed it and all I wanted to go was go to sleep. I didn't sleep well that night or a few nights later needless to say, tossed and turned and dreamed of the game. I should have drank more now come to think of it like you did and made myself stupid drunk for days, probably would have slept better. I can relate to the Seahawks fan who wrote that, that shit sucks after your team has a title right there for the taking and you give it away, no way they should have lost that game. You don't get those chances very often, that is why it stings.
If they lost this superbowl after the Kearse catch then that might have been the straw that broke everyone's back from an emotional standpoint. Idk how Brady or Belichick would ever recover from that after already having 18-1 and the 2012 shitshow.

You could just see it in Brady's face right after that catch that he was saying OMG here we go again with a catch that beats us. He looked just struck on that sideline like he wanted to just cry. If they lost that game on that catch I swear man they would have been devistated as you said for a long long time and probably don't recover.

Pelicans78
02-04-2015, 12:39 AM

Fucking Mark Wohlers....

Pelicans78
02-04-2015, 12:48 AM
Baseball is an agonizing sport to watch, especially the playoffs. Every pitch, every ball hit in play. Agonizing.

The Royals losing Game 7 to the Giants was brutal. Hurt for 2 days. Especially losing by one run to one pitcher. Worst part was they had 5 innings to score one run and they couldn't get it done. So close to winning the World Championship.

The Saints losing to the Niners in 2011 was by far the worst loss as a Saints fan. 40 seconds left, and the Niners are on their own 33 and they score with 9 seconds left. I really thought the Saints were moving on to the NFC Title game. It felt even worse the next day after the Giants beat the Packers realizing that the Saints would have had the Giants at home in the NFC Title game. Brutal. Still, didn't feel quite as bad as the Royals loss.

Another painful loss was the Hornets losing at home to the Spurs in Game 7. Brutal especially since they dominated the Spurs in the previous 3 home games and basically came out choking in Game 7. That loss felt as bad as the Royals loss because there was a feeling that both teams were part of a magical season which would be hard to replicate. The Saints loss didn't feel like that since they've been always been strong with Brees/Payton.

DeadlyDynasty
02-04-2015, 12:53 AM
Fucking Mark Wohlers....
To this day that's one of the most shocking sports moments of my lifetime...Wohlers tried to get cute against a B/U catcher instead of just pitching 100-mph heat--the entire series changed on that at-bat.

btw, fuck all of you...unless you're JoeTait75 I don't wanna hear you talk about NFL heartbreak

Silver&Black
02-04-2015, 01:11 AM

:lmao

HI-FI
02-04-2015, 01:31 AM

pretty much nailed it.

sports, and especially this site, are just diversions for me, shit to laugh at it or be entertained while trying to deal with bigger problems.

it's hard to get too serious about sports when you realize the leagues don't treat every team or player the same, some games are manipulated etc....so I just try to enjoy it as entertainment.

LnGrrrR
02-05-2015, 11:14 AM
I still get emotionally invested, but I remind myself that I have an awesome wife and kids. It helps a ton.

Infinite_limit
02-05-2015, 02:46 PM
To this day that's one of the most shocking sports moments of my lifetime...Wohlers tried to get cute against a B/U catcher instead of just pitching 100-mph heat--the entire series changed on that at-bat.

btw, fuck all of you...unless you're JoeTait75 (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=8623) I don't wanna hear you talk about NFL heartbreak
Not sure we will ever see a dominant run like that 5 game stretch

NLCS Game 5: Braves 14-0
NLCS Game 6: Braves 3-1
NLCS Game 7: Braves 15-0
WS Game 1: Braves 12-1
WS Game 2: Braves 4-0
--------------------------------
48-2

Heading home for Game 3 with Glavine on the mound. "With New York clinging to a 2–1 lead in the eighth, Bernie Williams, who had two RBIs in the game, launched a two-run homer off Braves reliever Greg McMichael, which effectively put the game out of reach."

JoeTait75
02-05-2015, 03:32 PM
I still get emotionally invested, but I remind myself that I have an awesome wife and kids. It helps a ton.

In that same vein, when you're an adult you have real life to worry about more than sports. For example, the Drive would hurt a lot less if it happened now than it did at the time, when I was 11 and didn't have anything else to get wrapped up in other than the Browns.

DeadlyDynasty
02-06-2015, 05:34 AM

48-2

Heading home for Game 3 with Glavine on the mound. "With New York clinging to a 2–1 lead in the eighth, Bernie Williams, who had two RBIs in the game, launched a two-run homer off Braves reliever Greg McMichael, which effectively put the game out of reach."
Tough loss, but the Leyritz homer was the nutshot

Capt Bringdown
02-06-2015, 07:50 AM
The mind replays what the heart can't delete.

JoeTait75
02-06-2015, 08:04 AM

48-2.

The Red Sox run in 2007 compares. Outscored the Tribe 30-5 in the last three games of the ALCS after being down 3-1 and then swept Colorado in the WS.