PDA

View Full Version : Alvin Robertson or Manu

cantthinkofanything
02-04-2015, 04:16 PM
ok...prime Robertson or prime Manu

Robertson's game was solid all around. Premiere defender, strong rebounder for a 2, good scorer. I don't think he had any glaring weakness.

T Park
02-04-2015, 04:18 PM
Other than the weakness he was a fucking criminal.

TheGreatYacht
Robertson is rolling in his grave as I'm typing this

cantthinkofanything
uhhh...

cantthinkofanything
02-04-2015, 04:19 PM
Other than the weakness he was a fucking criminal.

Yeah. I hate even acknowledging him now. I can't believe how low he went. He was a hell of a player but that shit he got in to...smh.

cd98
02-04-2015, 04:40 PM
Criminality aside, I saw both play and Manu is 100x better and it's not even close. Yeah, maybe Robertson was a better defender in his prime than Manu, but even that is subject to debate because Manu was a great defender in his younger years. But other than that, Manu wins hands down in scoring, shooting, passing, and overall basketball intelligence. To be honest, Robertson was mostly putting up average stats on poor teams. Man, the Spurs sucked when he played for us.

hater
02-04-2015, 04:45 PM
Would Robertson have had 8 in the Finals?

cantthinkofanything
02-04-2015, 04:48 PM
Criminality aside, I saw both play and Manu is 100x better and it's not even close. Yeah, maybe Robertson was a better defender in his prime than Manu, but even that is subject to debate because Manu was a great defender in his younger years. But other than that, Manu wins hands down in scoring, shooting, passing, and overall basketball intelligence. To be honest, Robertson was mostly putting up average stats on poor teams. Man, the Spurs sucked when he played for us.

100x???

Manu was a better scorer and passer but had more turnovers. Robertson was clearly a better defender and rebounder.

DarrinS
02-04-2015, 04:48 PM
4 > 0

cantthinkofanything
02-04-2015, 04:49 PM
4 > 0

:lol

Bonner > Mailman

cd98
02-04-2015, 05:46 PM
100x???

Manu was a better scorer and passer but had more turnovers. Robertson was clearly a better defender and rebounder.

Robertson was an average player on a bad team. He put up stats, but not great ones. And Manu may have more turnovers, but that's only BC he was a great playmaker, so he had the ball in his hands more often. PG types have more TOs than non ball handling guards and bigs. Manu has been way more relevant in the NBA.

cantthinkofanything
02-04-2015, 05:55 PM
Robertson was an average player on a bad team. He put up stats, but not great ones. And Manu may have more turnovers, but that's only BC he was a great playmaker, so he had the ball in his hands more often. PG types have more TOs than non ball handling guards and bigs. Manu has been way more relevant in the NBA.

LOL at "average". Robertson was a multi-year allstar and all defensive team, NBA defensive player of the year, and NBA steal leader for several years.
Manu's relevance in the NBA is defined by the Spurs dynasty. Put him on a bad team and he'd be just as forgotten.

Pocho La Pantera
02-04-2015, 07:09 PM
LOL at "average". Robertson was a multi-year allstar and all defensive team, NBA defensive player of the year, and NBA steal leader for several years.
Manu's relevance in the NBA is defined by the Spurs dynasty. Put him on a bad team and he'd be just as forgotten. yes, if it wasn`t for the Spurs, Ginóbili would`ve been shit! Tell us another joke, please.

TheGreatYacht
02-04-2015, 07:58 PM
yes, if it wasn`t for the Spurs, Ginóbili would`ve been shit! Tell us another joke, please.
Manu is a lock-in HOF

cantthinkofanything
02-04-2015, 08:45 PM
yes, if it wasn`t for the Spurs, Ginóbili would`ve been shit! Tell us another joke, please.Not what I said. But I'm not he'd be HOF if he spent his career on a shitty team. Look at Sidney Moncrief. Incredible player but lately forgotten.