PDA

View Full Version : Kawhi in the post

FkLA
02-04-2015, 11:33 PM
Feed him.

When he creates the biggest mismatch on the court, is drawing double teams and finding open teammates why try be cute with the offense? Not even trolling, the Big 3 need to let him spread his wings sometimes. I know Timmy shot well tonight but a lot of his baskets were assisted (some even created by Kawhi). If given a choice of Duncan going at Vucevic or Kawhi going at Oladipo/gay French ponytail guy I think it's obvious which one is the high percentage play. Enrique just needs to quit being Enrique. Manu was fine imo.

HI-FI
02-04-2015, 11:35 PM
Kawhi's passing just keeps getting better too.

apalisoc_9
02-04-2015, 11:46 PM
Manu has been the best big 3 in the last 15 games, IMO..

Timmy is getting a lot of undeserved hate for his all-star selection..I'm sure pop knows this and is protecting him because Timmy hasn't really touched the ball much with kawhi's return with a few exceptions.

Parker really is the real culprit. We love to talk about his horrible defense, but in truth his offense is just as cancerous.

dabom
02-04-2015, 11:53 PM
I said Kawhi is the only double-team threat and his teammates don't know how to feed him in the post. People are barely starting to realize bro.

ducks
02-04-2015, 11:54 PM
the two practices spurs had helped leonard and his passing and it showed tonight props

ChumpDumper
02-04-2015, 11:55 PM
lol

dabom
02-04-2015, 11:56 PM
the two practices spurs had helped leonard and his passing and it showed tonight props

his skills have always been there this year. maybe practice can help his teammates feed him the ball better.

DJR210
02-04-2015, 11:58 PM
Been saying this..it opens up everything when he commands the double.

ducks
02-05-2015, 12:01 AM
Been saying this..it opens up everything when he commands the double.
duh duncan commanded double and robinson before him

KL2
02-05-2015, 12:01 AM
Spurs need to do it every game, night after night, adds a whole new dimension to their offense. Even if he does not make it he is liable to get his miss as he's the best rebounding SF in the league, this increases in chance when he's got a mismatch on him, which is almost everybody. Should he fail to get the offensive rebound he still is capable of stealing the ball and getting it back to the Spurs.

Furthermore it automatically makes all 3pt shooters far more dangerous and the offense in general more dangerous with the defensive attention he draws, it can be used to control the tempo of a game getting you high % shots, and it can also affect which personnel you want to use out there making your team extremely versatile. You don't need a traditional posting big out there if you've got Leonard, you can run all sorts of offensive sets with him.

DJR210
02-05-2015, 12:02 AM
duh duncan commanded double and robinson before him

It's been so long since we've had a player that needed a double..

apalisoc_9
02-05-2015, 12:07 AM
Btw, great observation skills op...

You would be a fine basketball scout..

ChumpDumper
02-05-2015, 12:07 AM

You would be a fine basketball scout..lol reacharound

FkLA
02-05-2015, 12:16 AM
Spurs need to do it every game, night after night, adds a whole new dimension to their offense. Even if he does not make it he is liable to get his miss as he's the best rebounding SF in the league, this increases in chance when he's got a mismatch on him, which is almost everybody. Should he fail to get the offensive rebound he still is capable of stealing the ball and getting it back to the Spurs.

Furthermore it automatically makes all 3pt shooters far more dangerous and the offense in general more dangerous with the defensive attention he draws, it can be used to control the tempo of a game getting you high % shots, and it can also affect which personnel you want to use out there making your team extremely versatile. You don't need a traditional posting big out there if you've got Leonard, you can run all sorts of offensive sets with him.

Exactly. Nobody is saying to completely replace what made the Spurs great last season but there's no reason why another dimension couldn't be added to it. Sometimes even the beautiful game needs a guy to just dominate and Kawhi Pippen is that guy tbh.

You would be a fine basketball scout..

Appreciate it. Nice compliment coming from one of the best posters on ST tbh. :tu

rasuo214
02-05-2015, 12:26 AM
The more practice he gets the better he'll get at it (passing and scoring). Especially when the offense is struggling like it was tonight with the first unit.

FkLA
02-06-2015, 12:24 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWVhMtZ-ZvA&app=desktop

Feed the monster tbh

apalisoc_9
02-06-2015, 12:29 PM
great passer in the post.....

Dre_7
02-06-2015, 02:44 PM
Yes, please! More Kawhi in the post!

FkLA
11-30-2016, 10:14 PM
WTF happened to Kawhi post-ups? Pop needs to get his head out of his ass.

spurraider21
11-30-2016, 10:33 PM
Kawhi improves drastically: its all kawhi, not pop
Kawhi's shot selection isn't great: its all pop, not kawhi

FkLA
11-30-2016, 10:40 PM
Kawhi improves drastically: its all kawhi, not pop
Kawhi's shot selection isn't great: its all pop, not kawhi

I'm not talking about his shot selection, retard. I'm talking about the fact that he gets the ball at the top of the key and has to get his points off the dribble 99% of the time. Why not call some post-ups for him?

spurraider21
11-30-2016, 10:42 PM
I'm not talking about his shot selection, retard. I'm talking about the fact that he gets the ball at the top of the key and has to get his points off the dribble 99% of the time. Why not call some post-ups for him?maybe he shouldnt be calling for the ball at the top of the key all the time? he could get into post position off transition

FkLA
11-30-2016, 10:44 PM
maybe he shouldnt be calling for the ball at the top of the key all the time? he could get into post position off transition

The plays being called call for him to receive the ball at the top of the key, moron.

jARS mEsH sEt
11-30-2016, 10:54 PM
I'm not talking about his shot selection, retard. I'm talking about the fact that he gets the ball at the top of the key and has to get his points off the dribble 99% of the time. Why not call some post-ups for him?

It's mind boggling to me that people still use a pejorative term like this in 2016. Then again I've seen people use the n-word on here so I suppose I shouldn't be surprised. This place is filled with uneducated, low class trash.

FkLA
12-01-2016, 05:15 PM
It's mind boggling to me that people still use a pejorative term like this in 2016. Then again I've seen people use the n-word on here so I suppose I shouldn't be surprised. This place is filled with uneducated, low class trash.

Oh ok.

SAGirl
12-01-2016, 05:20 PM
I'm not talking about his shot selection, retard. I'm talking about the fact that he gets the ball at the top of the key and has to get his points off the dribble 99% of the time. Why not call some post-ups for him?I think getting his points off the dribble has helped him get to the FT line a huge improvement for him this season and something that needed to happen. I think the post up offense is gone. They only call it for LMA bc it's really probably the best part of his game... and very very occasionally to bail out a possession for Lee or Pau.. and that is rare.

FkLA
12-01-2016, 05:55 PM
I think getting his points off the dribble has helped him get to the FT line a huge improvement for him this season and something that needed to happen. I think the post up offense is gone. They only call it for LMA bc it's really probably the best part of his game... and very very occasionally to bail out a possession for Lee or Pau.. and that is rare.

Yeah, and that's a problem. Kawhi is too good in the post to completely eliminate that aspect of his game especially when he's going through stretches where he struggles off the dribble. There's no reason why he can't be used in both ways.