PDA

View Full Version : Do the Parkersuckers straight up deny that we've been a better team with Mills/Cojo?

benstanfield
02-04-2015, 11:56 PM
Or what tbh? Not trolling just trying to understand the psyche of a playerfan that supports TP no matter what. The small sample size doesn't work any more. The we can't win unless Tony is 100% ignores last year's playoffs. The "patty needs a ball handler" doesn't work since Cory has been leagues better than TP this year.

We've gone on huge runs every time Patty has come in for Tony. I understand hoping for TP to improve. I just don't get the player fans that are still calling us Patty/Cojo advocates cliff jumpers. It's been enough games. Tony isn't coming back.

ChumpDumper
02-04-2015, 11:56 PM
lol

Ditty
02-04-2015, 11:57 PM
lol

benstanfield
02-04-2015, 11:57 PM
lol

thats pretty much what I thought

ducks
02-04-2015, 11:58 PM
spurs go on runs because spurs bench is deeper then other peoples bench and manu should be a starter but on spurs he is the 6 man

dabom
02-04-2015, 11:59 PM
Chump is a parkertard. He only seems to try and go at parker realists.

ducks
02-05-2015, 12:00 AM
manu is the creator not patty or corry
when manu retires spurs will miss him

ChumpDumper
02-05-2015, 12:01 AM
Chump is a parkertard. He only seems to try and go at parker realists.I've noticed that those who call themselves realists are the most delusional of all.

They seem to use that label to convince themselves more than anything.

benstanfield
02-05-2015, 12:02 AM
I've noticed that those who call themselves realists are the most delusional of all.

http://www.boxscoregeeks.com/teams/sas?season=2014

just in case you're curious about other opinions than your own

ChumpDumper
02-05-2015, 12:04 AM
http://www.boxscoregeeks.com/teams/sas?season=2014

just in case you're curious about other opinions than your ownI know agenda fans like to push agendas.

Nothing curious about it.

benstanfield
02-05-2015, 12:05 AM
I know agenda fans like to push agendas.

Nothing curious about it.

:lol Great take

ChumpDumper
02-05-2015, 12:09 AM
:lol Great takehttp://www.spurstalk.com/forums/search.php?searchid=76488

benstanfield
02-05-2015, 12:11 AM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/search.php?searchid=76488
So you aren't gonna answer the question I asked in the title?

:lol Great take

dabom
I've noticed that those who call themselves realists are the most delusional of all.

Empty words doesn't change the fact that tony sucks major donkey dick on the court. :lol

ChumpDumper
So you aren't gonna answer the question I asked in the title?

:lol Great takeI've seen your other "questions."

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/sear...searchid=76488

benstanfield
02-05-2015, 12:12 AM
And great link tbh :lmao

benstanfield
Not answering still

great takes :lol

ChumpDumper
Empty words doesn't change the fact that tony sucks major donkey dick on the court. :lolNothing changes your agenda.

ChumpDumper
02-05-2015, 12:13 AM
And great link tbh :lmaoIt's your agenda.

benstanfield
Dem links about as accurate as Tonys jumper :lmao

benstanfield
It's your agenda.
Great take :lmao

ChumpDumper
Dem links about as accurate as Tonys jumper :lmaoAccurately illustrating the agenda.

dabom
Nothing changes your agenda.

I remember I got one in my freshman year of high school. :lol

ChumpDumper
02-05-2015, 12:14 AM
I remember I got one in my freshman year of high school. :lolI don't even believe you're that old.

benstanfield
02-05-2015, 12:16 AM
:lmao You lose
:lmao Such a shitty board

ChumpDumper
02-05-2015, 12:19 AM
:lmao You loseLose what?

:lmao Such a shitty boardMake another thread.

That'll help.

benstanfield
02-05-2015, 12:23 AM
Lose what?
Make another thread.

That'll help.
Nice basketball related take tbh

ChumpDumper
02-05-2015, 12:25 AM
Nice basketball related take tbhThis is a basketball thread?

benstanfield
02-05-2015, 12:26 AM
This is a basketball thread?
No it's about hockey

tpny Parket hockey superblam

ChumpDumper
02-05-2015, 12:26 AM
No it's about hockey

tpny Parket hockey superblamrage typing

benstanfield
02-05-2015, 12:28 AM
rage typing
True can't type or be ironic at all tbh

only 4 degrees tbh

nice basketball related take tbh

apalisoc_9
02-05-2015, 12:28 AM
Dem links about as accurate as Tonys jumper :lmao

:lmao

ChumpDumper
02-05-2015, 12:29 AM
True can't type or be ironic at all tbh

only 4 degrees tbh

nice basketball related take tbh4 degrees of what?

Godbama
02-05-2015, 12:29 AM
I mean, I'm not really interested in reading the gibberish posted in this thread thus far...but let's be realistic here...there will be a day where Tony Parker falls off. No one can beat father time and father injury, least of all guards. Is it happening this season? I certainly hope not, but I'm kind of confused by the people going LOL and acting like it's impossible. Do you expect the Big Three to last like, ten more fucking years or something? You do realize their days are numbered, right?

I hope it hasn't happened, but to deny the possibility that it could happen seems kind of retarded tbh. He's not a big man like Timmy and not quite as creative as Manu, I mean I'd say he relied more than either of them on his quickness and the quickness of his first step and you better believe it's possible that a 32 year old PG with plenty of miles on him in the playoffs and international play coming off an injury could be permanently diminished in a way that could seriously fuck us up.

Fingers crossed. I mean, all that said, obviously I'd still rather stick with the ship and hope it hasn't happened and he can return to form over time than start talking craziness like acting Mills and CoJo could take over for Tony Parker. I'm sure Tony would look great if he got to be on the second unit and play other team's second units, but we can't afford to jam both our fucking ballhandlers in there. :rolleyes

ChumpDumper
02-05-2015, 12:31 AM
I mean, I'm not really interested in reading the gibberish posted in this thread thus far...but let's be realistic here...there will be a day where Tony Parker falls off. No one can beat father time and father injury, least of all guards. Is it happening this season? I certainly hope not, but I'm kind of confused by the people going LOL and acting like it's impossible. Do you expect the Big Three to last like, ten more fucking years or something? You do realize their days are numbered, right?

I hope it hasn't happened, but to deny the possibility that it could happen seems kind of retarded tbh. He's not a big man like Timmy and not quite as creative as Manu, I mean I'd say he relied more than either of them on his quickness and the quickness of his first step and if you better believe it's possible that a 32 year old PG with plenty of miles on him in the playoffs and international play coming off an injury could be permanently diminished in a way that could seriously fuck us up.

Fingers crossed. I mean, all that said, obviously I'd still rather stick with the ship and hope it hasn't happened than start talking craziness like acting Mills and CoJo could take over for Tony Parker. I'm sure Tony would look great if he got to be on the second unit too, but we can't afford to jam both our fucking ballhandlers in there. :rolleyesi don't think it's impossible, but does that merit ten threads a day hoping for and celebrating his apparent decline?

Godbama
02-05-2015, 12:31 AM
ij don't think it's impossible, but does that merit ten threads a day hoping for and celebrating his apparent decline?
People grieve in different ways, I guess, lol. :wakeup Maybe they're secret Australians.

benstanfield
02-05-2015, 12:32 AM
Thank Jesus Christ an actual basketball take.

i can go to sleep and read this shit in the morning without waking up to chump yelling to his wife about how someone is wrong on the internet

ChumpDumper
02-05-2015, 12:47 AM

i can go to sleep and read this shit in the morning without waking up to chump yelling to his wife about how someone is wrong on the internetStan sleeps with anger.

benstanfield
02-05-2015, 12:48 AM
Stan sleeps with anger.

Dank meme brah

ChumpDumper
02-05-2015, 12:49 AM

i can go to sleep and read this shit in the morning without waking up to chump yelling to his wife about how someone is wrong on the internetDo you really hear me?

That's weird tbh.

benstanfield
02-05-2015, 12:49 AM
Do you really hear me?

That's weird tbh.

Good one

ChumpDumper
02-05-2015, 12:50 AM
Good oneWell do you?

benstanfield
02-05-2015, 12:51 AM
Well do you?
:lmao Great one

ChumpDumper
02-05-2015, 12:53 AM
:lmao Great oneIt was your statement. I thought it was weird that you wake up to my yelling.

Do you hear other voices in your head too?

benstanfield
02-05-2015, 12:54 AM
It was your statement. I thought it was weird that you wake up to my yelling.

Do you hear other voices in your head too?
Gr8 meme :lol

ChumpDumper
02-05-2015, 12:58 AM
Gr8 meme :lolBut do you hear other voices along with my voice in your head like you said you do?

Brazil
02-05-2015, 08:35 AM
:lmao 2015 and posters still fall in Chump's net :lmao

hilarious tbh

As for OP, ya this year nobody is denying it... at this point actual RMJ would be better than TP at the PG position

100%duncan
02-05-2015, 08:38 AM

I hope it hasn't happened, but to deny the possibility that it could happen seems kind of retarded tbh. He's not a big man like Timmy and not quite as creative as Manu, I mean I'd say he relied more than either of them on his quickness and the quickness of his first step and you better believe it's possible that a 32 year old PG with plenty of miles on him in the playoffs and international play coming off an injury could be permanently diminished in a way that could seriously fuck us up.

Fingers crossed. I mean, all that said, obviously I'd still rather stick with the ship and hope it hasn't happened and he can return to form over time than start talking craziness like acting Mills and CoJo could take over for Tony Parker. I'm sure Tony would look great if he got to be on the second unit and play other team's second units, but we can't afford to jam both our fucking ballhandlers in there. :rolleyes

:tu

Brazil
02-05-2015, 08:56 AM

Spurs could try a manu / patty line up in first unit, Manu taking care of the ball

and Parker / Green in the second... but having Green on second unit would be a waste

not sure what's the answer but TP struggles this year are putting a mess

unleashbaynes
02-05-2015, 09:18 AM
Gr8 meme :lol
Lol Arguing with chumpdumper, what a fucking loser go hang yourself

in2deep
02-05-2015, 10:21 AM
Spurs without Parker: 7-7 50%
Spurs with Parker: 24-11 69%

No we are not a better team

Ignignokt
02-05-2015, 11:02 AM
i don't think it's impossible, but does that merit ten bazzillion threads a day hoping for and maniacaly celebrating his apparent decline?

That's ofcourse because they're obsessed with me or they are angry ofcourse.

Ignignokt
02-05-2015, 11:05 AM
Chumpdumper is gonna make this about him

inb4
>why are you so upset
>I'm sorry that you are obssessed with me
>lol don't get butthurt

ohmwrecker
02-05-2015, 11:09 AM
Parker is injured. The Spurs have not been good so far. So...

ChumpDumper
02-05-2015, 11:17 AM
I'm is gonna make this about ChumpDumper

ChumpDumper
02-05-2015, 11:17 AM
Parker is injured. The Spurs have not been good so far. So...Pretty much. Parker's pre injury splits were fine.

Diego20
02-05-2015, 11:24 AM
Parker is injured. The Spurs have not been good so far. So...

ohmwrecker
02-05-2015, 11:28 AM

He's not?

ohmwrecker
02-05-2015, 11:30 AM
http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fantasybasketball/update/25012521/spurs-tony-parker-fighting-off-mental-battle-with-hamstring-injury

lefty
02-05-2015, 11:31 AM
Excellent thread tbh

OP is right tbh

ohmwrecker
02-05-2015, 11:31 AM
Go home and get your shinebox, Diego.

Dre_7
02-05-2015, 12:05 PM
Not that Parker is done, but I think he needs to take a little bit more of a back seat to Kawhi and Tim. David did it for Timmy. Timmy did it for Tony. Now Tony needs to do it for Kawhi. I strongly respect Sean Elliott and totally agree with him that Kawhi needs more touches, especially in the low block. Dude has seriously evolved his game, his passing is great.

hater
02-05-2015, 12:07 PM

Truth Jordanian Airraid :wow

Dre_7
02-05-2015, 12:16 PM
How many of those 14 were without Kawhi and Patty as well? The Spurs are at their best at 100%

ohmwrecker
02-05-2015, 12:20 PM
Not that Parker is done, but I think he needs to take a little bit more of a back seat to Kawhi and Tim. David did it for Timmy. Timmy did it for Tony. Now Tony needs to do it for Kawhi. I strongly respect Sean Elliott and totally agree with him that Kawhi needs more touches, especially in the low block. Dude has seriously evolved his game, his passing is great.

Kawhi is great and we are lucky to have him, but outside of possibly the last 3 games of the finals, he has not shown he can carry this team as "the man". Kawhi just isn't there yet. The only way this team can win, is how they did last year... exquisite, perfectly executed team basketball.

hater
02-05-2015, 12:25 PM
How many of those 14 were without Kawhi and Patty as well?

And splitter and Evita and Duncan and which opponents were missing guys, etc,etc. We could go on all day. Point is the eye test shows this team is no better without Parker. OPs statement === FALSE.

The Spurs are at their best at 100%

Agree :tu

Dre_7
02-05-2015, 12:27 PM
Kawhi is great and we are lucky to have him, but outside of possibly the last 3 games of the finals, he has not shown he can carry this team as "the man". Kawhi just isn't there yet. The only way this team can win, is how they did last year... exquisite, perfectly executed team basketball.

I agree that they are at their best moving the ball, however, Kawhi continues to evolve and definately needs more touches. Since he has come back he has been great IMO. That doesnt mean they stop moving the ball around, I just wish some of those Tony Parker isos would be more Kawhi post ups. He needs to at least touch the ball more.

look_at_g_shred
02-05-2015, 12:29 PM
Real fans don't underrate Danny Green.

ohmwrecker
02-05-2015, 12:31 PM
I agree taht they are at their best moving the ball, however, Kawhi continues to evolve and definately needs more touches. Since he has come back he has been great IMO. That doesnt mean they stop moving the ball around, I just wish some of those Tony Parker isos would be more Kawhi post ups. He needs to at least touch the ball more.

That's on Pop, not Tony tbh.

Dre_7
02-05-2015, 12:49 PM
That's on Pop, not Tony tbh.

Absolutely, I am not hating on Tony at all (that three was cold blooded). Just wish Kawhi would get more touches.

I am NOT advocating they trade Tony or that he is garbage. :lol

Dre_7
02-05-2015, 12:50 PM
And splitter and Evita and Duncan and which opponents were missing guys, etc,etc. We could go on all day. Point is the eye test shows this team is no better without Parker. OPs statement === FALSE.

:tu

Cry Havoc
02-05-2015, 12:51 PM
Troll thread getting destroyed by actual basketball takes. :lol :tu

ohmwrecker
02-05-2015, 01:02 PM
Absolutely, I am not hating on Tony at all (that three was cold blooded). Just wish Kawhi would get more touches.

I am NOT advocating they trade Tony or that he is garbage. :lol

I guess I read more into your "Tony needs to take a backseat" comment than you intended. Apologies.

Tony needs to play to the best of his current ability and not try to do so much of what his body won't allow him to do, but he also needs to push himself a bit. The Spurs are currently very awkward, but hopefully there is enough time to get everyone healthy, set the rotations and get back to last year's level. That is very difficult to see happening right now. There are still too many questions.

Dre_7
02-05-2015, 02:00 PM
I guess I read more into your "Tony needs to take a backseat" comment than you intended. Apologies.

No problem, I wanted to clarify because I realized how my comment sounded.

Tony needs to play to the best of his current ability and not try to do so much of what his body won't allow him to do, but he also needs to push himself a bit. The Spurs are currently very awkward, but hopefully there is enough time to get everyone healthy, set the rotations and get back to last year's level. That is very difficult to see happening right now. There are still too many questions.

I also hope they can find their grove. The second unit seems to be clicking at the moment. Now that everyone is back (even if not 100%) hopefully Pop can find a good rotation and they can get into a rhythm. I still think there is time. Hopefully the rodeo road trip will help get them to where they need to be. I have faith in Pop and the Spurs.

Ignignokt
02-05-2015, 02:10 PM
You see, I attention whore all day and then blame people for making it about me.

ChumpDumper
02-05-2015, 02:52 PM
I am still making it about ChumpDumper.

Sean Cagney
02-05-2015, 03:24 PM
:lmao 2015 and posters still fall in Chump's net :lmao

hilarious tbh

As for OP, ya this year nobody is denying it... at this point actual RMJ would be better than TP at the PG positionYeah, Tony is pretty bad this year to say the least. Nobody can deny it.

Ignignokt
02-05-2015, 04:48 PM
Last word!!! 90k posts -No Life For Life bitches!

ChumpDumper
02-05-2015, 05:14 PM
I'm still making this about ChumpDumper.

Ignignokt
02-06-2015, 03:19 PM
I can't help myself! Last Word is mine!!!

ohmwrecker
02-06-2015, 03:34 PM
You guys are so gay for each other.

EVAY
02-06-2015, 03:37 PM

This take is true, and is gutsy to post on this board (because lots of Kawhi fans are less Spurs fans than Kawhi fans and so it will be taken as a hit to Kawhi, although I don't believe that you intended it as a kick to Kawhi, but simply as a statement about where things stand at this very moment).

Kawhi may get to the point where he is able to carry the team on a regular basis, but that has not been shown yet. Tim has carried the team this year as much or more than anyone else. I think Kawhi is the best athlete on our team right now, and I HOPE that he gets to the point you are describing. But I agree with the observation that he is just not quite there yet. Getting closer, maybe. But not quite there just this minute.

Plus, regarding the OP. I love Patty like crazy, and I want to see him early and often in games. However, having said that, the man is not a point guard. What so many posters herein seem to fail to recognize is that when Patty comes in with all his energy and chaos ensues, we are sometimes harder to defend because we are not playing our offensive sets. Manu runs the offensive sets. Patty does not. And I believe that is both a good thing and a less-than good thing. Good because it confuses the defenses and they don't respond to the change in pace and style as quickly as our second unit gets into their chaotic 'anything goes' offensive style very quickly. Bad because Pop wants his plays run, and that is not Patty's strength.

Patty and Cojo each have great strengths for our team. Those strengths are complementary; as such they can not really back each other up.

Another thing that posters fail to take into account is that, for the most part, we are getting outscored by the other teams' front lines. Not their guards. The guards may get their points eventually, but that is not how the big holes have been developing. Posters with 'beat-the-notion-into-the-ground-forever' agendas interpret every single thing that goes wrong with the team in any given game to one player, and everything that goes right to the replacement for that one player. It is not objective. It is not good observation. And it is tedious in the extreme.

Nathan89
02-06-2015, 04:06 PM

Kawhi fans :downspin: this Shit because you love blindly mentioning this as well.

RD2191
02-06-2015, 04:11 PM
Lol, faggot chump getting owned per usual.

ohmwrecker
02-06-2015, 05:05 PM
If it was possible to take Patty and Cojo and meld them together into one PG, I would trade Parker but...

Wait... still wouldn't have a PG that can pass. Never mind.

ChumpDumper
02-06-2015, 06:35 PM
:cry SBM! :cry

Cry Havoc
02-06-2015, 09:28 PM
This take is true, and is gutsy to post on this board (because lots of Kawhi fans are less Spurs fans than Kawhi fans and so it will be taken as a hit to Kawhi, although I don't believe that you intended it as a kick to Kawhi, but simply as a statement about where things stand at this very moment).

Kawhi may get to the point where he is able to carry the team on a regular basis, but that has not been shown yet. Tim has carried the team this year as much or more than anyone else. I think Kawhi is the best athlete on our team right now, and I HOPE that he gets to the point you are describing. But I agree with the observation that he is just not quite there yet. Getting closer, maybe. But not quite there just this minute.

Plus, regarding the OP. I love Patty like crazy, and I want to see him early and often in games. However, having said that, the man is not a point guard. What so many posters herein seem to fail to recognize is that when Patty comes in with all his energy and chaos ensues, we are sometimes harder to defend because we are not playing our offensive sets. Manu runs the offensive sets. Patty does not. And I believe that is both a good thing and a less-than good thing. Good because it confuses the defenses and they don't respond to the change in pace and style as quickly as our second unit gets into their chaotic 'anything goes' offensive style very quickly. Bad because Pop wants his plays run, and that is not Patty's strength.

Patty and Cojo each have great strengths for our team. Those strengths are complementary; as such they can not really back each other up.

Another thing that posters fail to take into account is that, for the most part, we are getting outscored by the other teams' front lines. Not their guards. The guards may get their points eventually, but that is not how the big holes have been developing. Posters with 'beat-the-notion-into-the-ground-forever' agendas interpret every single thing that goes wrong with the team in any given game to one player, and everything that goes right to the replacement for that one player. It is not objective. It is not good observation. And it is tedious in the extreme.

Holy shit. :wow

Post of the month award right here.

Agloco
02-06-2015, 09:35 PM
Or what tbh? Not trolling just trying to understand the psyche of a playerfan that supports TP no matter what. The small sample size doesn't work any more. The we can't win unless Tony is 100% ignores last year's playoffs. The "patty needs a ball handler" doesn't work since Cory has been leagues better than TP this year.

We've gone on huge runs every time Patty has come in for Tony. I understand hoping for TP to improve. I just don't get the player fans that are still calling us Patty/Cojo advocates cliff jumpers. It's been enough games. Tony isn't coming back.

hater
02-06-2015, 10:42 PM
http://matchbin-assets.s3.amazonaws.com/public/sites/625/assets/JTKT_WEB_bus_crash.JPG