PDA

View Full Version : Outsiders are begining to notice Enrique

JohnnyMax
02-05-2015, 08:31 AM
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=367253

According to this he is a negative on both ends of the floor, and his backups actually have bigger impact. It's not even small sample size since he has played 34 games and 28MPG.

http://i57.tinypic.com/2eziv6a.png

He was never that good.

He's pretty much an overrated system player. All the talk about the Spurs being a big 3 was always way off-base. They were actually more of a big TWO comprised of Duncan and Ginobili. Parker's impact was more comparable to that of a role player (especially in '03 and '05). One of the worst playoff choke artists too. Inefficient chucker that couldn't run a proper offense if his life depended on it. Nash, Billups, Kidd were all superior to him in the 2000s. Guys like Paul, Westbrook, and Curry are better than him now.

Bingo.

The people who act like Tony has been a perennial MVP candidate most of his career are nuts.

He's one of the biggest Playoff underperformers I've ever witnessed. Outside of 07, 09, 12 and the first three rounds of 13, he hasn't done anything that suggests he's even a 2nd string star when it matters. This is a guy who has played pretty terrible on three of his four title teams.

As for this season, it's age, injury and stupidity. The hamstring isn't making him a huge ball-stopper.

I agree with the "never was that good" sentiment being used here.

Parker gets pretty overrated by casual fans and the media, due to team success. He was pretty rarely a top 10 player in his career, id give him 2012, 2013 and possibly 09 but thats it. He was never on Cp3 or prime nash's level, and was never close to the level that Curry and Westbrook are at now.

He is no longer beating his guy off the dribble and nor is he finishing well in traffic like he used to.

Could be hamstrings or burnout, or a combination of both. Quick Little guys lose it much faster than big men.

This. Once his speed is gone, he has very little going. Streaky shooter, and got no size for post up etc.

100%duncan
02-05-2015, 08:40 AM
He's been shit this season obviously. Has been declining since last year, took the summer off, and still playing like crap. Very alarming. We can always hope for him to improve but man his stats are really really awful raw or advanced.

Diego20
02-05-2015, 10:04 AM
inb4 TP tards say ":cry MVParker, we go nowhere without him" :cry

in2deep
02-05-2015, 10:11 AM
inb4 TP tards say ":cry MVParker, we go nowhere without him" :cry

well facts state we are getting murdered by "good" teams (clippers) and BARELY beating lottery teams (Magic) as of right now. So I don't think the are too far off...

cantthinkofanything
02-05-2015, 10:17 AM
Parker sucks right now and that contract looks like poison. But there are a couple of idiot takes in the OP.

"never was that good", "only a Big 2"

Parker was a great player at times that few point guards could defend off the dribble. But as many have said, once he lost his step...his only real advantage, it's pretty much over.

mkurts
02-05-2015, 10:22 AM
At least according to that data he is almost as good as Dion Waiters

ChumpDumper
02-05-2015, 10:22 AM
lol "outsiders"

Spurs 4 The Win
02-05-2015, 10:28 AM
Parker was an MVP candidate in 2013, and has always been a member of our big 3. Now he is having an undeniably bad year and all of the sudden he was always trash and overrated.... people are fucktarded

Diego20
02-05-2015, 10:44 AM
Parker was an MVP candidate in 2013, and has always been a member of our big 3. Now he is having an undeniably bad year and all of the sudden he was always trash and overrated.... people are fucktarded

His D was always trash and his court vision was at max below average..

ohmwrecker
02-05-2015, 10:51 AM
Tony is obviously hurting. His game is based on speed and quickness, which he doesn't have right now. He isn't getting his normal layup shots to go because his speed-into-quick spin move is too slow/non-existent and he has no lift on the floater. It was good that he has been working on the 3pt shot in earnest the last few years. I feel bad for him because it's obvious to me that he wants to help the team. This whole "team cancer" bullshit is nonsense.

Johnny RIngo
02-05-2015, 10:52 AM
http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=1369722

Even the vanilla posters on realgm are starting to notice how terrible he's been this year.

Ice009
02-05-2015, 11:02 AM
I will add this perspective - Does anyone remember the first game against the Warriors this season? If so, you'll recall that Parker completely destroyed and outplayed Curry in that game, a player that those "outsiders" are saying he's nowhere near his level. Parker's pretty darn good when he's healthy and on his game.

Edit : He also played pretty good defense that game. That one game is enough to make me say that he's not completely gone. He just needs to get healthy, in rhythm and he'll be back.

cantthinkofanything
02-05-2015, 11:02 AM
Tony is obviously hurting. His game is based on speed and quickness, which he doesn't have right now. He isn't getting his normal layup shots to go because his speed-into-quick spin move is too slow/non-existent and he has no lift on the floater. It was good that he has been working on the 3pt shot in earnest the last few years. I feel bad for him because it's obvious to me that he wants to help the team. This whole "team cancer" bullshit is nonsense.

that contract is cancer though.

ohmwrecker
02-05-2015, 11:06 AM
that contract is cancer though.

It is if he doesn't recover. If he gets his legs back... it's not that bad.

boutons_deux
02-05-2015, 11:08 AM

He was moving much better, more nrg vs magic

testies
02-05-2015, 11:09 AM
"

This. He's pretty much an overrated system player. All the talk about the Spurs being a big 3 was always way off-base. They were actually more of a big TWO comprised of Duncan and Ginobili. Parker's impact was more comparable to that of a role player(especiallu in '03 and '05). One of the worst playoff choke artists too. Inefficient chucker that couldn't run a proper offense if his life depended on it. Nash, Billups, Kidd were all superior to him in the 2000s. Guys like Paul, Westbrook, and Curry are better than him now.

"

Truth hammer

ohmwrecker
02-05-2015, 11:10 AM

It's a good sign, but he's not there yet.

Spurs 4 The Win
02-05-2015, 11:10 AM
His D was always trash and his court vision was at max below average..

What an awesome take, wow man, its like you literally dont know what you are talking about

cantthinkofanything
02-05-2015, 11:12 AM

I hope that's the case and this is all related to the injury and just having a hard time coming back during the season.

hater
02-05-2015, 11:14 AM
Well if he's going to push a tender hammy its most likely not going to be in February.

So far he's been eh... MAS O MENOS... (so so)

Spurs 4 The Win
02-05-2015, 11:17 AM
"

This. He's pretty much an overrated system player. All the talk about the Spurs being a big 3 was always way off-base. They were actually more of a big TWO comprised of Duncan and Ginobili. Parker's impact was more comparable to that of a role player(especiallu in '03 and '05). One of the worst playoff choke artists too. Inefficient chucker that couldn't run a proper offense if his life depended on it. Nash, Billups, Kidd were all superior to him in the 2000s. Guys like Paul, Westbrook, and Curry are better than him now.

"

Truth hammer

More like fail hammer

ohmwrecker
02-05-2015, 11:21 AM
I need to spend more time upstairs regulating. There are some horrible takes up in this biz.

cantthinkofanything
02-05-2015, 11:24 AM
I need to spend more time upstairs regulating. There are some horrible takes up in this biz.

Hopefully it's just CIA Pop and he wants the other teams to prepare for Parker in the playoffs. When in fact, he'll have a well rested Mills/Cujo duo ready to unleash hell on the opposition.

ohmwrecker
02-05-2015, 11:27 AM
Hopefully it's just CIA Pop and he wants the other teams to prepare for Parker in the playoffs. When in fact, he'll have a well rested Mills/Cujo duo ready to unleash hell on the opposition.

It's nice to have a couple of decent system PGs on the bench, but I would rather have Patty, Cojo AND a healthy Parker.

Big Empty
02-05-2015, 11:29 AM
Parker is still a great player. The team will get rolling again, just wait till playoffs and its on!

lefty
Excellent thread tbh

cantthinkofanything
It's nice to have a couple of decent system PGs on the bench, but I would rather have Patty, Cojo AND a healthy Parker.

well sure. It would just be terrible to see this season played out with Tony not improving and not making the team any better without Pop at least trying something different.

ohmwrecker
02-05-2015, 11:36 AM
well sure. It would just be terrible to see this season played out with Tony not improving and not making the team any better without Pop at least trying something different.

Right now the Spurs best case scenario is 1st round exit. That's how bad they are. All these jackasses thinking they can go to 3 rounds and to the finals again with Patty and Cojo as the PGs are fucking insane. Pop is not going to change anything. He's is going to run the system with the players available. And as of this moment... it's not good enough.

in2deep
02-05-2015, 11:43 AM
Right now the Spurs best case scenario is 1st round exit.

As of right now IMO we coast to 5 seed and possibly win a ruthless series vs. HOU/POR/DAL. Then proceed to get swept in the 2nd round.

That's how bad they are. All these jackasses thinking they can go to 3 rounds and to the finals again with Patty and Cojo as the PGs are fucking insane.

agree :lol

apalisoc_9
02-05-2015, 11:52 AM
Excellent thread tbh

Ditty
02-05-2015, 12:01 PM
Right now the Spurs best case scenario is 1st round exit. That's how bad they are. All these jackasses thinking they can go to 3 rounds and to the finals again with Patty and Cojo as the PGs are fucking insane. Pop is not going to change anything. He's is going to run the system with the players available. And as of this moment... it's not good enough.

:lol That's what I've been saying without him, Tim, Manu and Kawhi and maybe Green the Spurs have no chance they way they have been playing bad at times this season.

:cry but but Enrique is having a bad regular season because that's what matters :cry

Killakobe81
02-05-2015, 12:06 PM

Makes no sense. the whole he is jealous of Kiwi is Spur "fan" made up bullshit. Or at least I havent seen anything tangible to back that theory up.Tony has loyal fans, a contract extension and his own Finals MVP award why should he be jealous of Kiwi? He also probably has better women ...and his recent interview he sounded team first with a healthy perspective.

Absolutely call him out for his poor play but not sure why there is a need to try and make up animosity on the team or pretend you guys know that ego is the reason why Tony plays the way he does.

Phenomanul
02-05-2015, 12:11 PM

This

ohmwrecker
02-05-2015, 12:12 PM
Makes no sense. the whole he is jealous of Kiwi is Spur "fan" made up bullshit. Or at least I havent seen anything tangible to back that theory up.Tony has loyal fans, a contract extension and his own Finals MVP award why should he be jealous of Kiwi? He also probably has better women ...and his recent interview he sounded team first with a healthy perspective.

Absolutely call him out for his poor play but not sure why there is a need to try and make up animosity on the team or pretend you guys know that ego is the reason why Tony plays the way he does.

Half of these bitches are just trolling. The other half are truly retarded and don't know fuck-all about basketball. Tony has always been a team player (Erin Barry notwithstanding). I have never seen anything that would indicate jealousy or resentment by him or toward him. There are a bunch of silly little girls on this forum.

look_at_g_shred
02-05-2015, 12:26 PM
Parker will kill it in the playoffs. I don't have it in me to give up on one of the players I've been watching for over a decade. He's going to be effective in the post season.

Spurs 4 The Win
02-05-2015, 12:32 PM
Parker will kill it in the playoffs. I don't have it in me to give up on one of the players I've been watching for over a decade. He's going to be effective in the post season.

This is just bored people looking for shit to bitch about. We are 9-3 since Kawhi returned, thats already a big step in the right direction and we have plenty more games to build on that. We arent even close to 80% yet and we havent hit the all star break. Ill hit the panic button if we start getting beat like a drum in 15 games. I have seen this story play out many times over the last 17 years and its always the same, the rodeo road trip always is a team bonding experience and then we come back and go on a huge streak. Would people rather we peak now than in the playoffs just so they can feel more secure in their fanhood? :lol

ducks
02-05-2015, 01:03 PM
tp missed a lot in paint last night when on he makes he is getting closer

look_at_g_shred
02-05-2015, 01:05 PM
This is just bored people looking for shit to bitch about. We are 9-3 since Kawhi returned, thats already a big step in the right direction and we have plenty more games to build on that. We arent even close to 80% yet and we havent hit the all star break. Ill hit the panic button if we start getting beat like a drum in 15 games. I have seen this story play out many times over the last 17 years and its always the same, the rodeo road trip always is a team bonding experience and then we come back and go on a huge streak. Would people rather we peak now than in the playoffs just so they can feel more secure in their fanhood? :lol
That's the thing tho! I don't get that people fail to realize the Spurs turn it on during march. Even then, we are going to get blown out again before seasons end. That however, will not dictate our fate in the playoffs. It's just unreal how people think we lose the first round in February.

TE
02-05-2015, 01:10 PM
This. People have way too much time on their hands to pick a fight on the internet. The season is at about the halfway mark. Plenty of season left.

MateoNeygro
02-06-2015, 11:31 AM
Tony has been a huge part of this team. I'm a Spurs fan-not a fan of any one single player. People are so quick to crucify the guy because he's shit this year. I get it he's been terrible but I'm not going to forget everything he's done for this franchise. He seems to have gotten old over night but for people to deny that he was a huge part of this team is obsurd. Hoping he can get it together and find that fountain of youth. Go Spurs Go!

MateoNeygro
02-06-2015, 11:33 AM

Perfect.

cd021
02-06-2015, 01:01 PM
Some of that seems to be revisionist history, Parker was legitimately great in the 11-12 and 12-13 season. He frequently torched some of the top PGs in the league. He has been a above average point guard and occasionally all-star caliber. They are trying to make him out to be Daren Collision or something.

DarrinS
02-06-2015, 01:19 PM

This, tbh

DJR210
02-06-2015, 01:28 PM
I know it's extremely early, and hopefully Parker is just in a funk or not 100%, but how would amnesty impact the Spurs cap situation for the next couple of years if they were to decide to part ways with him?

ChumpDumper
02-06-2015, 01:36 PM
I know it's extremely early, and hopefully Parker is just in a funk or not 100%, but how would amnesty impact the Spurs cap situation for the next couple of years if they were to decide to part ways with him?Not an option.

DJR210
02-06-2015, 01:44 PM
Not an option.

Why not? Clause?

ChumpDumper
02-06-2015, 01:52 PM
Why not? Clause?The Spurs don't have any contracts that are eligible for amnesty. There are only like two left in the league.

DJR210
02-06-2015, 01:59 PM
The Spurs don't have any contracts that are eligible for amnesty. There are only like two left in the league.

Well that sucks. We'll still go into next season with some flexibility, but that lifetime achievement contract is heavy.

hater
02-06-2015, 02:01 PM
Well that sucks. We'll still go into next season with some flexibility, but that lifetime achievement contract is heavy.

just as bad as Evita's Latino Achievement Contract tbh

DJR210
02-06-2015, 02:08 PM
just as bad as Evita's Latino Achievement Contract tbh

Meh..we still won a title so the Manu contract isn't as bad as it could be if the Spurs were struggling..If the Spurs win again this year then it lessens the blow of Parker's 15 million IMO for the season, but looking ahead for the next couple of years, we are stuck with Kobe lite..

Rare bads from RC on this contract..rare that they weren't 3 steps ahead on this one.

pgardn
02-06-2015, 02:51 PM

Bartleby
02-06-2015, 02:53 PM
It looked to me like TP has put on some weight (and it didn't appear to be muscle mass, either). Although he probably has lost a step (or two) due to his age, I'm hoping he can get his conditioning back before the playoffs and regain some of that speed that made him so deadly in the paint.

The idea of trading him now, when his value is at an all time low, is just beyond retarded.

spurs10
02-06-2015, 03:37 PM
Half of these bitches are just trolling. The other half are truly retarded and don't know fuck-all about basketball. Tony has always been a team player (Erin Barry notwithstanding). I have never seen anything that would indicate jealousy or resentment by him or toward him. There are a bunch of silly little girls on this forum. Tony is a team player! Also, Erin Barry has been very adamant that she never had an affair with any^$%^one. Don't think Bones can say the same. TP is a work in progress. How cool would it be to have Tony in the playoffs playing in the beast mode he has during RS the last few years?

ohmwrecker
02-06-2015, 03:39 PM
Tony is a team player! Also, Erin Barry has been very adamant that she never had an affair with any^$%^one. Don't think Bones can say the same. TP is a work in progress. How cool would it be to have Tony in the playoffs playing in the beast mode he has during RS the last few years?

You are agreeing with me. right?

EVAY
02-06-2015, 03:42 PM
Tony is a team player! Also, Erin Barry has been very adamant that she never had an affair with any^$%^one. Don't think Bones can say the same. TP is a work in progress. How cool would it be to have Tony in the playoffs playing in the beast mode he has during RS the last few years?

I'm aware that Erin has said that, and has repeatedly made a fairly significant distinction between 'sexting' and 'sex'. Tony has remained silent about the whole thing, I'm sure based on the Spurs' PR department's advice. And it was good advice. The folks on this board who can't give that up are pursuing an agenda that has little to do with facts, but is great at trashing the reputations of several people.

spurs10
02-06-2015, 04:54 PM
You are agreeing with me. right? Absolutely! He is a team player. That's why his career has been so successful. He has said it often, 'I've got the rings.'

spurs10
02-06-2015, 04:59 PM
I'm aware that Erin has said that, and has repeatedly made a fairly significant distinction between 'sexting' and 'sex'. Tony has remained silent about the whole thing, I'm sure based on the Spurs' PR department's advice. And it was good advice. The folks on this board who can't give that up are pursuing an agenda that has little to do with facts, but is great at trashing the reputations of several people. Agreed. I always thought she was wrongly vilified and that she was quite more convincing than Eva's Hollywood spin doctors. Then again, their personal life doesn't concern me.

DarrinS
02-06-2015, 05:46 PM
It looked to me like TP has put on some weight (and it didn't appear to be muscle mass, either). Although he probably has lost a step (or two) due to his age, I'm hoping he can get his conditioning back before the playoffs and regain some of that speed that made him so deadly in the paint.

The idea of trading him now, when his value is at an all time low, is just beyond retarded.

This too.

02-06-2015, 07:46 PM
Dude has been terrible this year and down the stretch last year or whenever a big defender is put on him. But he's hardly overrated. Prime Parker from 2008-2012 was what kept pushing the Spurs into the playoffs whenever Manu kept breaking down like a brittle 70 year old. If he and an aging Duncan can lead a team of Matt Bonner, he-who-must-not-be-named, Blair, Neal, Keith Bogans, and Roger fucking Mason into a high playoff seed each year in the West, that's pretty damn impressive.

Mikeanaro
02-06-2015, 09:08 PM
TP blows hard thank you!

therealtruth
02-08-2015, 12:10 PM
Maybe he need to take a little vacation like last year to get right for the playoffs.

Mikeanaro
02-08-2015, 09:35 PM
Maybe he needs to be a role player ASAP.

lefty
02-08-2015, 09:37 PM
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-rNFcZAITHI8/UL4x3ohubRI/AAAAAAAAB5Q/1Opz5Uv8qBw/w506-h750/1336927465-lololololololololol.gif

Diego20
02-08-2015, 09:38 PM
No kidding tbh, Mills/Manu/Leonard/Duncan and Diaw starters

TP/Green coming off the bench..

Harry Callahan
02-08-2015, 10:12 PM
A 100% Tony Parker provides so may opportunities for quick offense and easy hoops.

I just have to pray for some kind of full recovery before April. Without a healthy Parker playing at a high level, this team is playoff fodder IMO.

FkLA
02-08-2015, 10:16 PM
A 100% Tony Parker provides so may opportunities for quick offense and easy hoops.

I just have to pray for some kind of full recovery before April. Without a healthy Parker playing at a high level, this team is playoff fodder IMO.

A full recovery from what? He took a month off for a mild hamstring strain aka a day-to-day injury, was eased into the rotation and is now playing heavy minutes (undeservedly so). There ain't nothing physically wrong with him, heroballer just got old and he doesn't have anything to fall back on other than the occasional three-point shot.

apalisoc_9
02-08-2015, 10:39 PM
A full recovery from what? He took a month off for a mild hamstring strain aka a day-to-day injury, was eased into the rotation and is now playing heavy minutes (undeservedly so). There ain't nothing physically wrong with him, heroballer just got old and he doesn't have anything to fall back on other than the occasional three-point shot.

Parker really stagnates the offense...

I have no idea why the only player he sees in the court is Tim Duncan..it's like he thinks the offense is him and Tim against the opposition. :lol

Cloud786
02-08-2015, 10:45 PM

apalisoc_9
02-08-2015, 10:48 PM
Even if Parker loses weight It's not going to make him fast..The Spurs need to run...because there offense is poor.

Let Kawhi grab the defensive boards, and make Tony and danny Leak..Why aren't we doing this?

Nathan89
02-08-2015, 10:48 PM
Been back for awhile now and still looks like dogshit

NASpurs
02-08-2015, 10:50 PM

Skip calling out Porker

Mikeanaro
02-08-2015, 10:52 PM
Lol even Skip Bayless who looked like a maniac saying Spurs will win it all now says this Porker character needs to lose some ass to jump at least 2 inches.

mkurts
02-09-2015, 04:03 AM
I think Parker is only good for twenty minutes a night like Manu. They need their minutes heavily managed like LeBron

hater
02-09-2015, 10:23 AM

Amen. This team goes as far as MVParker goes :tu

not sure why some "fans" are rooting against Tony tbqh :lol

Diego20
02-09-2015, 10:39 AM
Amen. This team goes as far as MVParker goes :tu

not sure why some "fans" are rooting against Tony tbqh :lol

Because he's the worst Spurs player out there?

And nobody root against Enrique, we are just saying he sucks.

Spurminator
02-09-2015, 10:41 AM
He's been underwhelming this season = The Parker haters were right all along!

Mikeanaro
02-09-2015, 04:46 PM
Please god sit that smelly fromage tonight! love you!