PDA

View Full Version : Impartial Observer: Parker just got old

MarioSpeedwagon
02-05-2015, 01:12 PM
Everyone here seems to take it personally that he's not as good anymore. Or takes nasty shots at him 14x a day, every day. Dude just got old. It happans and is no one's fault. Quickness based PGs (Isiah, KJ, Iverson, Tim Hardaway, Tiny Archibald, Mookie Blaylock, Norm Nixon, and 50,000 others) started declining around his age with many of them falling right off a cliff. This forum doesn't have good sense of basketball history or else people would notice that. Just look at these guy's per game and advanced stats as they approach their early to mid 30s:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/j/johnske02.html
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/i/iversal01.html
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/t/thomais01.html
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/h/hardati01.html
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/a/architi01.html
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/n/nixonno01.html

each page has the age in the same line as the stats so its easy to follow. PERs following off a cliff, guys becoming part timers, or needed extra shots and/or committing more turnovers to get the same points and assists averages.

Notes: look at Isiah's PER and especially his TS% drop like a rock over the course of his career
KJ was toast at the same age Parker is now
Iverson's PER dropped right to the league average at his age 33 year even though its an offensive stat and he was still taking a ton of shots

totally random aside: Norm Nixon's playoff per game averages during those Lakrs championshiop teams he was on were pretty awesome. Had no idea he was such a big part of those chips. Also it was hard finding guys in Parker's class to compare him to he really is one of the greatest PGs in history

Cliffs: Whats happening to Parker happens to every PG like him and its not a negative; its a fact of life.

ohmwrecker
02-05-2015, 01:15 PM
Maybe, but...

:lol "Impartial Observer"

Cry Havoc
02-05-2015, 01:15 PM
Random impartial observation from a GNSF with under 300 posts creating a new thread about Parker.

Super convincing.

taps
02-05-2015, 01:19 PM
Bets on whose troll this is? Must've been sitting on this acct 4ever

MarioSpeedwagon
02-05-2015, 01:21 PM
Random impartial observation from a GNSF with under 300 posts creating a new thread about Parker.

Super convincing.
I'm a Bulls fan. Joined years ago and just lately checked this forum. Its been pretty amazing seeing everyone offended that Parker isn't good anymore

Jeff Leppard
02-05-2015, 01:24 PM
I'm a Bulls fan.

Yeah! Me too!

Cry Havoc
02-05-2015, 01:40 PM
I'm a Bulls fan. Joined years ago and just lately checked this forum. Its been pretty amazing seeing everyone offended that Parker isn't good anymore

Cool. At what point did you think, "You know, you know what upstairs needs? Another Tony Parker thread! They just don't have enough of them for me to feel comfortable expressing myself!"?

RD2191
02-05-2015, 01:41 PM
No need to hate on OP. Dude is just talking hoops.

hater
02-05-2015, 01:43 PM
:lol leave of absence

Cry Havoc
02-05-2015, 01:44 PM

:lmao

Right

AaronY
02-05-2015, 01:46 PM
stuff here is part of the Parker v Manu debates by Hispanics or argentinians or French posters who want to disparage one guy to give the other guy credit. So that's where the hostility comes in. Guy like FkLA and elnono revolve their ST lives around it

Cry Havoc
02-05-2015, 01:47 PM
stuff here is part of the Parker v Manu debates by Hispanics or argentinians or French posters who want to disparage one guy to give the other guy credit. So that's where the hostility comes in. Guy like FkLA and elnono revolve their ST lives around it

What? ElNono posts all over the forum, and hardly ever goes HAM on people. Dude's a solid poster. He's also a team fan, not a player fan.

Horse
02-05-2015, 01:51 PM
Early on last night he looked quick like his old self then he slowed down. Tony and Manu both are missing right at the rim which is unusual. I think after the break we'll see if there is any real concern.

AaronY
02-05-2015, 01:52 PM
What? ElNono posts all over the forum, and hardly ever goes HAM on people. Dude's a solid poster. He's also a team fan, not a player fan.
Maybe I mistake his jokes or whatever but isn't he a big Manu fan and always taking shots at Parker?

MarioSpeedwagon
02-05-2015, 01:57 PM
Cool. At what point did you think, "You know, you know what upstairs needs? Another Tony Parker thread! They just don't have enough of them for me to feel comfortable expressing myself!"?
When I checked in here and notice no one here was just mentioning the basic fact that he's old and most likely losing his skills naturally like happens to a lot of guys. Also when I noticed massive hostility towards him for whatever reason when the only thing he did wrong was get old. What is my agenda supposed to be here anyways? I'm defending the guy so I'm a troll or something?

FkLA
02-05-2015, 02:00 PM
Also it was hard finding guys in Parker's class to compare him to he really is one of the greatest PGs in history

It's hilarious that the Enrique brigade is so butthurt at the suggestion that Enrique might be done that they completely ignore this sentence in the OP.

His thread is reasonable and that sentence alone proves that he probably has no ill will towards Enrique. I mean I don't see why a 'hater' would call him one of the greatest PGs of all-time. Especially considering the fact that any unbiased person would disagree since he was always by far the third best player on the team during Timmy and Manu's primes.

Cry Havoc
02-05-2015, 02:10 PM
It's hilarious that the Enrique brigade is so butthurt at the suggestion that Enrique might be done that they completely ignore this sentence in the OP.

His thread is reasonable and that sentence alone proves that he probably has no ill will towards Enrique. I mean I don't see why a 'hater' would call him one of the greatest PGs of all-time. Especially considering the fact that any unbiased person would disagree since he was always by far the third best player on the team during Timmy and Manu's primes.

No, that's what you fail to understand. It's a bit odd that you are still not comprehending after something has been repeatedly explained to you, but I'll explain again.

It's another Parker thread in a sea of Parker threads. I'm not objecting to people's assessment of his play. I'm objecting to the fact that it gets a new thread made about it every 3 minutes, thus spamming the forum. Someone could make a thread about how they have inside info that Tony is hurt and will be back at 100% in two months and playing like his old self, and I'd say the same thing.

Dre_7
02-05-2015, 02:19 PM
This place is so funny. He is not done. Yes he is a little older but that doesn't mean he is done. Is he as fast or athletic as a few years ago? No, but by no means does that mean he is finished. He just needs to change his game a little (which it looks like he sort of is), that is all. He is not done, just like Timmy and Manu weren't done a few games ago. Tony will be fine. He will get comfortable. The Spurs finally have their entire roster back. Give them some time to gel.

spurraider21
02-05-2015, 02:20 PM
:lol leave of absence
:lmao i wonder how many obscure accounts are going to start posting about parker now

FkLA
02-05-2015, 02:23 PM
No, that's what you fail to understand. It's a bit odd that you are still not comprehending after something has been repeatedly explained to you, but I'll explain again.

It's another Parker thread in a sea of Parker threads. I'm not objecting to people's assessment of his play. I'm objecting to the fact that it gets a new thread made about it every 3 minutes, thus spamming the forum. Someone could make a thread about how they have inside info that Tony is hurt and will be back at 100% in two months and playing like his old self, and I'd say the same thing.

Enrique's shit play is bar none the biggest story surrounding the Spurs at the moment. This is a somewhat different take on it. The OP isn't insulting him, or saying he sucks he's simply throwing out his observation that maybe just maybe the dude just got old. There's absolutely nothing wrong with his thread.

But if it bothers you so much maybe you should bust out the longcat as a sign of protest.

Brazil
02-05-2015, 02:25 PM
:lol dat a troll account but thread is fine and brings something "new" by comparing other PGs decline around same age.

It is a very valid concern.

I started a while back to gather information to compare mileage of Spurs players i.e minutes played and miles covered during those minutes... I did not finish it (difficult to find minutes of international plays for instance) but Parker numbers were fucking impressive. From his young years in France to the Spurs to the FNT dude cumulated a fucking load of minutes knowing that from the start his usage was high even very young with regularly among the most mpg of the teams he played with and in comparaison with a lot of players he did not miss a lot of games for injuries tbh...

Parker is having a solid longivity all things considered, he built it by taking care of his diet (his mother is in this business) and body.

Guards tend to decline fast tho so ya it's a concern. Thread is valid and gives some perspective about it.

People not concerned about that are delusional.

AaronY
02-05-2015, 02:27 PM
Well if it is the end definitely appreciate all he's done throughout the years and have nothing against TP myself..I blame the FO solely for that extension which if I remember the thread here at the time many were in favor of

FkLA
02-05-2015, 02:27 PM
This place is so funny. He is not done. Yes he is a little older but that doesn't mean he is done. Is he as fast or athletic as a few years ago? No, but by no means does that mean he is finished. He just needs to change his game a little (which it looks like he sort of is), that is all. He is not done, just like Timmy and Manu weren't done a few games ago. Tony will be fine. He will get comfortable. The Spurs finally have their entire roster back. Give them some time to gel.

Change his game how? What does he have to fall back on if his speed/quickness have diminished? The only thing he has going for him now is that he's a low volume, high percentage three-point shooter. There is literally nothing else for him to fall back on. The Spurs are basically stuck paying $14 mill/per yr for ~50 three point baskets.

dabom
02-05-2015, 02:29 PM
:lol dat a troll account but thread is fine and brings something "new" by comparing other PGs decline around same age.

I started a while back to gather information to compare mileage of Spurs players i.e minutes played and miles covered during those minutes... I did not finish it (difficult to find minutes of international plays for instance) but Parker numbers were fucking impressive. From his young years in France to the Spurs to the FNT dude cumulated a fucking load of minutes knowing that from the start his usage was high even very young with regularly among the most mpg of the teams he played with and in comparaison with a lot of players he did not miss a lot of games for injuries tbh...

Parker is having a solid longivity all things considered, he built it by taking care of his diet (his mother is in this business) and body.

Guards tend to decline fast tho so ya it's a concern. Thread is valid and gives some perspective about it.

Cryfaggot disagrees. :lol

FkLA
02-05-2015, 02:31 PM

Congrats on by far being the most impartial French poster. :tu

Brazil
02-05-2015, 02:32 PM

I agree with that but considering ST last couple of months, I'd give a pass for the people who are cautious when checking in a new thread with Parker and impartial.

I confessed I was expecting in the OP to find something like Parker is an egomaniac piece of shit, I also checked it twice to make sure to not find some subtle ala nono before giving a take on it.

Dre_7
02-05-2015, 02:36 PM
Change his game how? What does he have to fall back on if his speed/quickness have diminished? The only thing he has going for him now is that he's a low volume, high percentage three-point shooter. There is literally nothing else for him to fall back on. The Spurs are basically stuck paying $14 mill/per yr for ~50 three point baskets.

He can still get to the rim, still can finish, just needs to pick his spots and pace himself. He is not as quick as he once was, but he is not crawling around out there as people make it seem.

dabom
02-05-2015, 02:39 PM
He can still get to the rim, still can finish, just needs to pick his spots and pace himself. He is not as quick as he once was, but he is not crawling around out there as people make it seem.

That's just half of it. He can't defend whatsoever and teams are taking advantage of that. That is never going to change.

FkLA
02-05-2015, 02:41 PM

What games are you watching?

Obviously he gets to the rim every now and then, even dudes like Andre Miller do, but the Enrique that made a living off of it is long gone.

Dre_7
02-05-2015, 02:42 PM
That's just half of it. He can't defend whatsoever and teams are taking advantage of that. That is never going to change.

Niether can Patty or Marco, should they be traded?

dabom
02-05-2015, 02:45 PM
Niether can Patty or Marco, should they be traded?

Patty can play defense. I don't know where this myth came from, and patty is a great offensive player. From last season and playoffs and now this season. His numbers are actually great.
Marco is another cancer. Bad choice. We could be using that spot and salary on something else.

Dre_7
02-05-2015, 02:46 PM
What games are you watching?

Obviously he gets to the rim every now and then, even dudes like Andre Miller do, but the Enrique that made a living off of it is long gone.

So cut him and pay him to play elsewhere?

If he is as done as you claim, who is going to trade for him?

Letting him go and getting nothing back would be the end of the Spurs repeat quest. Spurs need to be 100% come playoff time. Once they get that ball movement going he (and everyone else) will have a lot more open looks.

Brazil
02-05-2015, 02:46 PM
Well if it is the end definitely appreciate all he's done throughout the years and have nothing against TP myself..I blame the FO solely for that extension which if I remember the thread here at the time many were in favor of

How could you blame the FO ?

Except for geniuses like Harlem, FO and fans saw a Parker having a meh POs but showing on some games he could be dominant as fuck and just control a PO game from beginning to end. He had some stuff bothering him, so all included Parker attributed his inconsistency to that. Signing him an extension in this context was perfectly fine.

Now 6 months later injuries are lagging, he cannot find rythm, he struggles on Defense, cannot properly pick his spot where he wants, he let the defense dictate what to do. Saying he is doing nothing to adapt is BS, dude visibly worked his ass off to build a 3 pts with good success but his lack of legs kill his offense and more surprisingly kill his playmaking (I always said Parker needs to feel good scoring to feel good globally in D and play making).

So now it's easy to say dat extension sucks.

I still don't burry the guy, Manu went through tough time too and he gave this amazing POs run for a guy of his age. Parker has not the overall talent but if it is a matter of adapting, working his ass off he will do it, if it is a matter of being done physically... it's over and I will be always appreciative for all those years... At one point it is becoming worthless to shoot the ambulance

letmk
02-05-2015, 02:48 PM

Tony is by no means, done. But unlike Timmy and Manu, he does rely on more his natural athletism, speed in this case. So it would be much harder for him to remain his efficiency when he gets older.

spurraider21
02-05-2015, 02:49 PM
ive been on record that parker's decline concerns me quite a bit, that he's had a negative impact for most of this season, and his extension already looks terrible, but this whole shtick that has overtaken upstairs is just played out

dabom

Letting him go and getting nothing back would be the end of the Spurs repeat quest. Spurs need to be 100% come playoff time. Once they get that ball movement going he (and everyone else) will have a lot more open looks.

Slap to the face to all the great players we have on this team.

Phenomanul
timvp made a similar "predictive" post about two years ago...

Dre_7
Patty can play defense. I don't know where this myth came from, and patty is a great offensive player. From last season and playoffs and now this season. His numbers are actually great.
Marco is another cancer. Bad choice. We could be using that spot and salary on something else.

Except in the NBA if you cut a guy you still have to pay them. Teams are reluctant to trade with the Spurs, you really think they could trade Tony and Marco for something better and still have a shot at repeating? I don't. And quiet frankley, I want the Spurs to repeat more than I have ever wanted anything in sports.

apalisoc_9
02-05-2015, 02:50 PM
Lol at parker being fine...

I wouldn't mind Parker if he isn't taking 9 more shots than Kawhi..

But we all know this guy still thinks he's a supersar or some shit..

Trade his Ass before Kawhi decides he's had enough of Parker's ballhogging.

Perry Mason
02-05-2015, 02:50 PM
The opposite is the problem in terms of Parker threads. The issue is not Parker "supporters" (i.e. normal, mentally balanced Spur fans) complaining about the Parker threads or being in denial about his declining play.

The issue is that the Parker haters are extremely offended at the suggestion that (1) Parker was still a top-50ish player in the NBA in the 2013-2014 season, and had an overall good playoffs, and (2) that even a declined Parker can still be of value.

The hyperbole from the hater crowd wears thin, is unintellectual, and reeks of playing to a pathetic crowd of alts and trolls.

All that said, I think the original post is just fine. Stating the obvious about age, of course, and still premature, but generally decent informed speculation.

Dre_7
02-05-2015, 02:51 PM
Slap to the face to all the great players we have on this team.

Not at all. The Spurs need to have all their pieces going to win it all, I don't see how you could argue differently. The is a complaiment to the entire roster.

Dre_7
02-05-2015, 02:52 PM

I somewhat agree. Kawhi definately needs more shots and Tony needs less. However, they should not trade him because I don't think they would get anything good for him tbh.

dabom
02-05-2015, 02:53 PM
Except in the NBA if you cut a guy you still have to pay them. Teams are reluctant to trade with the Spurs, you really think they could trade Tony and Marco for something better and still have a shot at repeating? I don't. And quiet frankley, I want the Spurs to repeat more than I have ever wanted anything in sports.

I don't know if you watched but the spurs can't get a fucking lead with tony fucking parker out there in the first quarter. It's right in your face. I don't know how you can't see it.
The spurs and manu have to work overtime just cause the team needs to carry parker like a fucking geriatric.

Perry Mason
02-05-2015, 02:54 PM

Harlem you said you would stop posting. To think I got all excited too.

Beaverfuzz
02-05-2015, 02:54 PM
Tony isn't old, he's just trying to play out of his game. Don't do what your body won't let you do anymore.

Dre_7
02-05-2015, 02:56 PM
I don't know if you watched but the spurs can't get a fucking lead with tony fucking parker out there in the first quarter. It's right in your face. I don't know how you can't see it.
The spurs and manu have to work overtime just cause the team needs to carry parker like a fucking geriatric.

Watched every game last year. Yes that is true, which is why I think he needs to shoot a little less and get others (namely Kawhi and Tim) more shots. But I think that will come, I mean they have the best coach in basketball. But straight up cutting him would be a bad idea. That is the whole point I am trying to make.

FkLA
02-05-2015, 02:56 PM

Limit his role. If he's statistically been one of the five worst players in the league and both Patty+Cojo have been better options then play them more.

I couldn't give two fucks about showing loyalty to anyone outside of Timmy/Manu. Play the best guys, I want my Spurs to repeat.

cantthinkofanything
02-05-2015, 02:57 PM
I somewhat agree. Kawhi definately needs more shots and Tony needs less. However, they should not trade him because I don't think they would get anything good for him tbh.

other than eventual cap space

Dre_7
Tony isn't old, he's just trying to play out of his game. Don't do what your body won't let you do anymore.

:tu

Exactly!

He will figure it out.

Brazil
How could you blame the FO ?

Except for geniuses like Harlem, FO and fans saw a Parker having a meh POs but showing on some games he could be dominant as fuck and just control a PO game from beginning to end. He had some stuff bothering him, so all included Parker attributed his inconsistency to that. Signing him an extension in this context was perfectly fine.

Now 6 months later injuries are lagging, he cannot find rythm, he struggles on Defense, cannot properly pick his spot where he wants, he let the defense dictate what to do. Saying he is doing nothing to adapt is BS, dude visibly worked his ass off to build a 3 pts with good success but his lack of legs kill his offense and more surprisingly kill his playmaking (I always said Parker needs to feel good scoring to feel good globally in D and play making).

So now it's easy to say dat extension sucks.

I still don't burry the guy, Manu went through tough time too and he gave this amazing POs run for a guy of his age. Parker has not the overall talent but if it is a matter of adapting, working his ass off he will do it, if it is a matter of being done physically... it's over and I will be always appreciative for all those years... At one point it is becoming worthless to shoot the ambulance

another solid post tbh.... dat nigg Brazil... amazing takes after amazing takes

That's why he is Easily one of the most dominant posters in spurstalk history..

apalisoc_9
Limit his role. If he's statistically been one of the five worst players in the league and both Patty+Cojo have been better options then play them more.

I could give two fucks about showing loyalty to anyone outside of Timmy/Manu. Play the best guys, I want my Spurs to repeat.

Dre_7
02-05-2015, 02:58 PM
other than eventual cap space

Yes, but right now they should be thinking about winning another ring, not cap space. If they wanna cut him down the road then fine, but not this year.

dabom
02-05-2015, 02:58 PM

I could give two fucks about showing loyalty to anyone outside of Timmy/Manu. Play the best guys, I want my Spurs to repeat.

You listening pop? Play the best guys.

apalisoc_9
02-05-2015, 02:59 PM
Parker's contract is going to make the spurs a 12-10 seed team for the next 4 years..

He's going to ruin the organization..And the dude will never learn..He will take shots he doesn't deserve till he's 35.

dabom
02-05-2015, 03:00 PM
Yes, but right now they should be thinking about winning another ring, not cap space. If they wanna cut him down the road then fine, but not this year.

Im fine with shutting down tony parker for another month tbh. Maybe he gets a little more rest, the spurs don't need to carry his ass. win/win if you ask me. Maybe trade him after tim and manu retire.

Mnky
02-05-2015, 03:00 PM
Everyone here seems to take it personally that he's not as good anymore. Or takes nasty shots at him 14x a day, every day. Dude just got old. It happans and is no one's fault. Quickness based PGs (Isiah, KJ, Iverson, Tim Hardaway, Tiny Archibald, Mookie Blaylock, Norm Nixon, and 50,000 others) started declining around his age with many of them falling right off a cliff. This forum doesn't have good sense of basketball history or else people would notice that. Just look at these guy's per game and advanced stats as they approach their early to mid 30s:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/j/johnske02.html
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/i/iversal01.html
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/t/thomais01.html
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/h/hardati01.html
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/a/architi01.html
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/n/nixonno01.html

each page has the age in the same line as the stats so its easy to follow. PERs following off a cliff, guys becoming part timers, or needed extra shots and/or committing more turnovers to get the same points and assists averages.

Notes: look at Isiah's PER and especially his TS% drop like a rock over the course of his career
KJ was toast at the same age Parker is now
Iverson's PER dropped right to the league average at his age 33 year even though its an offensive stat and he was still taking a ton of shots

totally random aside: Norm Nixon's playoff per game averages during those Lakrs championshiop teams he was on were pretty awesome. Had no idea he was such a big part of those chips. Also it was hard finding guys in Parker's class to compare him to he really is one of the greatest PGs in history

Cliffs: Whats happening to Parker happens to every PG like him and its not a negative; its a fact of life.

People here don't understand what basketball talk is.. its a fan forum.. lol

Good post though. I agree, he's just not physically elite every night like he used to be. His shot development kept him top tier for a good while, he has always had too much of a SG mentally to be a prototypical PG, lacks vision and team awareness, but his ability to get to the rim, and finish was always great albeit reliant on him being twice as fast as everyone else...Now that his athleticism isn't dominant anymore, his below average judgment becomes more obvious.He has some of the goofiest travels, blocked/bad shots I've ever seen under the rim to accompany his great ones.

Dre_7
02-05-2015, 03:01 PM
Limit his role.

:tu I agree 100%! That is what I want to see and I think they will get there. He is still great when the Spurs have that ball moving. I have faith in Pop. Now that they are healthy I think they will find that happy medium.

Im fine with shutting down tony parker for another month tbh. Maybe he gets a little more rest, the spurs don't need to carry his ass. win/win if you ask me. Maybe trade him after tim and manu retire.

I don't think they should shut him down. Now that everyone is back they need to find a good rotation. I believe Pop said it was like this is the first week of the season.

apalisoc_9
02-05-2015, 03:04 PM
Im fine with shutting down tony parker for another 6 months tbh. Maybe he gets a little more rest, the spurs don't need to carry his ass. win/win if you ask me. Maybe trade him after tim and manu retire.

Fixed.

cantthinkofanything
02-05-2015, 03:05 PM

I agree. No point in trading him now. Not going to get any piece that helps them win this year for him.

dabom
02-05-2015, 03:05 PM
Fixed.

:lol

dabom
02-05-2015, 03:08 PM
I agree. No point in trading him now. Not going to get any piece that helps them win this year for him.

I don't think people want to trade or waive him this season. We want pop to limit his cancerous play to 10-20mins a game.
He hasn't deserved the playing time and it's a slap to the face to his other PGs who are playing exceptionally well and get benched in the process.

ElNono
02-05-2015, 03:11 PM
Maybe I mistake his jokes or whatever but isn't he a big Manu fan and always taking shots at Parker?

I said many times I'd like him to get well... Spurs need him. He's been pretty awful this season, even frenchies agree, tbh...

ElNono
02-05-2015, 03:14 PM
And yeah, players get old. Some players adapt their game to still be effective, some players don't. Let's hope Tony finds a new niche that helps the team win.

Brazil
02-05-2015, 03:15 PM
I said many times Brazil is one of the best poster of ST

FkLA
02-05-2015, 03:17 PM

The Spurs do manage to get a player that is statistically one of the five worst players in the league out of their rotation though. It'd be really difficult for a returning piece to be as bad as Enrique tbh.

ElNono
02-05-2015, 03:25 PM
:lol Brazil with the power move. Battling DPG for the Poster of the Month award... keep doing your thing, mane...

cantthinkofanything
02-05-2015, 03:27 PM
The Spurs do manage to get a player that is statistically one of the five worst players in the league out of their rotation though. It'd be really difficult for a returning piece to be as bad as Enrique tbh.

yeah...you're right...I changed my mind...maybe do trade him now.

Brazil
02-05-2015, 03:44 PM
:lol Brazil with the power move. Battling DPG for the Poster of the Month award... keep doing your thing, mane...

They should give me this award every month tbh... I create a lot of traffic with my fucking awesome takes

spurraider21
02-05-2015, 04:05 PM
One of the most promising posters tbh... He has the potential to be one of the most dominant posters in ST history tbh... I've had my eye on him for a while and he's made great strides.

ChumpDumper
02-05-2015, 04:08 PM
You don't suddenly get old two months into a season.

Dude got injured. Yeah, age makes healing take longer.

dabom
02-05-2015, 04:11 PM

Chump with an actual take to OP. :wow

ChumpDumper
02-05-2015, 04:12 PM
Chump with an actual take to OP. :wowIt's so glaringly obvious I don't know why even the hipsters haven't noticed.

dabom
02-05-2015, 04:13 PM
It's so glaringly obvious I don't know why even the hipsters haven't noticed.

Brazil
02-05-2015, 04:18 PM
One of the most promising posters tbh... He has the potential to be one of the most dominant posters in ST history tbh... I've had my eye on him for a while and he's made great strides.

Damn... it's really nice to read dat stuff... we should create our own dick sucking circle

Brazil
02-05-2015, 04:20 PM
wait untill I find somewhere the password of my second troll tbh...

Nathan89
02-05-2015, 04:20 PM
There isn't a niche for slow pg with terrible defense. If his speed doesn't increase as he recovers then he is done.

spurraider21
02-05-2015, 04:40 PM

Damn... it's really nice to read dat stuff... we should create our own dick sucking circle
ok you lost me there. I'm out

Darth_Pelican
02-05-2015, 04:42 PM
:lol HH trolling hard

Brazil
02-05-2015, 04:57 PM
ok you lost me there. I'm out

cantthinkofanything
02-05-2015, 05:00 PM

done...http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/

AaronY
02-05-2015, 06:52 PM

Some of the guys in the OP did drop off a cliff pretty fast if you look at the links

ChumpDumper
02-05-2015, 06:54 PM
Some of the guys in the OP did drop off a cliff pretty fast if you look at the linksBetween seasons.

RD2191
02-05-2015, 07:44 PM

Apol dropping nukes.

ChumpDumper
02-05-2015, 07:47 PM
Applesauce assumes way too much about Kawhi's feelings.

moisaenz
02-05-2015, 08:30 PM
Parker should not be traded. but to say he has not declined is just plain blindness.

Pocho La Pantera
02-05-2015, 09:03 PM
Love Parker, wish he gets well soon, Spurs need him in shape.

Russ
02-05-2015, 09:25 PM
And yeah, players get old. Some players adapt their game to still be effective, some players don't. Let's hope Tony finds a new niche that helps the team win.

Like maybe hitting the corner 3 last night to win the game?

I used to think that big-market NBA fans who think a burg like SA doesn't deserve all that success were A-holes.

Spurs fans aren't stupid, spoiled, undeserving and myopic I argued.

Then I read a silly, petulant rant like this about a player like Parker. . .

ElNono
02-05-2015, 09:46 PM
Like maybe hitting the corner 3 last night to win the game?

I used to think that big-market NBA fans who think a burg like SA doesn't deserve all that success were A-holes.

Spurs fans aren't stupid, spoiled, undeserving and myopic I argued.

Then I read a silly, petulant rant like this about a player like Parker. . .

It's only gonna get worse once Tim and Manu hang them up, tbh... Spursfan is extremely spoiled.

And about finding a new niche, no, it's not the corner 3, obviously. That's a great weapon, but you can't have a high usage player like Tony restricted to that. I think the Spurs will have to work on ways to clear a path to the basket for him. Be it curls, handoffs, etc, let him get into the paint again, he's always been a good finisher, be it the floater or right at the rim. Right now his main struggle is that he can't run past most opponents. But there are ways to mask that, and I'm sure Pop will find a way.

Russ
02-05-2015, 10:19 PM
It's only gonna get worse once Tim and Manu hang them up, tbh... Spursfan is extremely spoiled.

And about finding a new niche, no, it's not the corner 3, obviously. That's a great weapon, but you can't have a high usage player like Tony restricted to that. I think the Spurs will have to work on ways to clear a path to the basket for him. Be it curls, handoffs, etc, let him get into the paint again, he's always been a good finisher, be it the floater or right at the rim. Right now his main struggle is that he can't run past most opponents. But there are ways to mask that, and I'm sure Pop will find a way.

:toast

It's easier for a smart player to adapt than a dumb player. TP will work it out.

And I still think he's pacing himself (maybe on Pop's orders).

Wait till money time in the postseason. He'll be flying to the rack just like days of old.

ElNono
02-06-2015, 12:00 AM
:toast

It's easier for a smart player to adapt than a dumb player. TP will work it out.

And I still think he's pacing himself (maybe on Pop's orders).

Wait till money time in the postseason. He'll be flying to the rack just like days of old.

I always hope for the best

T Park
02-06-2015, 12:38 AM
He got old between Now and December the 5th? Oh and December the 22nd when he put 26 on the Clippers?

Right.

apalisoc_9
02-06-2015, 12:39 AM
Obese people should not be allowed to have an opinion on spurs related matter tbh....

FkLA
02-06-2015, 12:42 AM
Obese people should not be allowed to have an opinion on spurs related matter tbh....

:lmao TPork

Capt Bringdown
02-06-2015, 07:37 AM
Also it was hard finding guys in Parker's class to compare him to he really is one of the greatest PGs in history.

Agreed. Parker is one the greatest. Or should we say "is" or "was?" It's looking more and more like Parker's greatness is behind him. I just hope the team can overcome his loss of skill for another title run, but I'm not seeing how we can replace his speed and penetration, which was so important to our offense.

DJR210
02-06-2015, 08:53 AM

This.

Too bad he didn't talk in one of the existing topics, he sounds he has a lot of good points to discuss.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
02-06-2015, 05:04 PM
He's still better than Rose.

wildbill2u
02-06-2015, 05:35 PM
In all sports, Father time attacks the legs first. We all know Tony suffered a hamstring pull early this year--but not how severe it was. I played almost a full season in football after a hamstring injury back in the day and was never quite as fast that season and the twinge was there all the time to remind me whenever I played too hard. And anyone who played amateur sports of whatever kind after school days and into their manhood will remember that day when you realized the legs were gone. You could still play a little, maybe in a league for old guys, but the days of taking on the young whippersnappers were done.

The greatest NBA guards have always played a year or two beyond their peaks. It happens in virtually every sport as the coaches and FOs want to suck the last juice out of the cup and the players refuse to quit because of pride and finances. Look at Brett Favre.

I think it is more noticeable in basketball because the guards are involved in every play by the nature of the sport whereas in football and baseball the decline in physical ability can be hidden because the key players aren't necessarily quite as visible all the game. I think Manu can play longer because his game has always been based more on craftiness that sheer speed. Tony, not so much.

We don't know--and maybe the coaches and Tony don't know--if he has passed over the top of the hill and into the inevitable and irreversible decline. But I think it is shitty for some ST posters to call him names and denigrate him after all he has done for the team. That's simply not classy.