PDA

View Full Version : Thunder: Dat J Harden trade tbh...

Brazil
02-05-2015, 05:12 PM
This trade looked already bad at the beginning but it's getting worst month after month.

The cherry on the cake would be Harden with the mvp.... :lmao

djohn2oo8
02-05-2015, 05:20 PM
Would rather he show up in the playoffs..

KL2
02-05-2015, 05:23 PM
It was probably a good trade for what he brought them financially, Rockets ratings got a boost and a bunch of merchandise/ticket sales. I knew it was a bad trade from the beginning, it's all fools gold whatever they do tbh, just made for the regular season.

KL2
02-05-2015, 05:25 PM
Btw I think OKC would probably be in a worse position if they didn't keep Ibaka. Their defense is shit lol, Ibaka is overrated as fuck on defense if you attack him in the post, but not really shot blocking wise. Allows OKC's players to play as aggressive as they want to, running 3pt shooters off the line, increasing their defensive capabilities on the perimeter. They know they have Ibaka waiting in the paint.

Chris
02-05-2015, 05:44 PM
It was a great trade for the Spurs tbh :bobo

da_suns_fan
02-05-2015, 08:32 PM
Btw I think OKC would probably be in a worse position if they didn't keep Ibaka. Their defense is shit lol, Ibaka is overrated as fuck on defense if you attack him in the post, but not really shot blocking wise. Allows OKC's players to play as aggressive as they want to, running 3pt shooters off the line, increasing their defensive capabilities on the perimeter. They know they have Ibaka waiting in the paint.

Youre assuming they had to decide between Ibaka and Harden which they didnt.

They could have traded Westbrook and gotten Goran Dragic, Kyle Lowry etc for half the price.

KL2
02-05-2015, 10:35 PM
Youre assuming they had to decide between Ibaka and Harden which they didnt.

They could have traded Westbrook and gotten Goran Dragic, Kyle Lowry etc for half the price.

Idk if they would've traded WB though, they love him there. I think he's going to stay with OKC for the majority of his career.

Roxsfan
02-06-2015, 02:18 AM
MVP TBH
LOL OKC
ROX FFL

Killakobe81
02-06-2015, 09:30 AM
Im sorry but it was one of the worst trades in recent NBA history at the time and if HArden's star keeps ascending, it will only get worse and worse. Perkins was the one they should have jettisoned, not Ibaka. And if Harden was still there Ibaka would have shown less on offense and probably be signed for cheaper than he got. Oh, well.

Splits
02-06-2015, 09:40 AM
The notion they had to choose between players is ridiculous. The owner isn't willing to go over the cap, that's the only reason they didn't lock him up, they're cheap whores just like the rest of the poors in the shitiest state in the country

hater
02-06-2015, 10:45 AM
meh,

peeps being too hard on OKC tbh. Harden was not even half the player he is now back then. People forget he shot 35% in the 2012 Finals.

Mel_13
02-06-2015, 10:52 AM
It was a great trade for the Spurs tbh :bobo

:bobo

Im sorry but it was one of the worst trades in recent NBA history at the time and if HArden's star keeps ascending, it will only get worse and worse. Perkins was the one they should have jettisoned, not Ibaka. And if Harden was still there Ibaka would have shown less on offense and probably be signed for cheaper than he got. Oh, well.

That summer was a disaster for OKC, but they created their own mess. Signing Ibaka to an extension and then giving Harden an ultimatum was idiotic. Harden should have been signed first and Ibaka offered whatever was left.

StrengthAndHonor
02-06-2015, 11:03 AM
This is one of those scenarios where players (Harden, in this case) gets the blame for not taking less while the owner gets a free pass for penny pinching and costing the city a championship.

Anyway, hindsight is a beautiful thing. Truth is OKC made the wiser choice by keeping Ibaka. You can't have a triumvirate of three scorers who needs the ball to be effective.

Hemotivo
02-06-2015, 12:14 PM
Harden was not even half the player he is now back then.

yep

He's the MVP right now

Killakobe81
02-06-2015, 12:19 PM
yep

He's the MVP right now

I think HArden has flourished with the increase in responsibility but I think the OKC stars have missed enough games that he would have still had a chance to flourish to a lessor extent in OKC. Plus his teams would have went further.

Although Harden has had the best season on offense so far ... still not the MVP at least not based on recent previous results. but we will see. no one has run away with it yet ...

Killakobe81
02-06-2015, 12:20 PM
This is one of those scenarios where players (Harden, in this case) gets the blame for not taking less while the owner gets a free pass for penny pinching and costing the city a championship.

Anyway, hindsight is a beautiful thing. Truth is OKC made the wiser choice by keeping Ibaka. You can't have a triumvirate of three scorers who needs the ball to be effective.

I agree owners and even Harden can be blamed but Perkins was the one who should have been shipped. Ity wasnt just "hind-sight" many of us argued that at the time. Simmons wrote about it as well.

DJR210
02-06-2015, 02:30 PM
The cherry on the cake would be Harden with the mvp.... :lmao

..and OKC misses the playoffs :toast

Brazil
02-06-2015, 08:47 PM
..and OKC misses the playoffs :toast

:lol that too

too bad we don't have any real Okc fan on dat board tbh

daslicer
02-06-2015, 08:55 PM
I always believed they should have kept him for his final year and put in all the chips to go for the title. They probably would have gone back to the finals if they had kept him. If they decide to be cheap they can always do a sign and trade during the summer time and get value for him