PDA

View Full Version : Cavs: Just like that, the Cleveland are in the hunt

RsxPiimp
02-06-2015, 12:22 AM
12 game winning streak, a game or 2 away from that second seed. Lebron and company are finally clicking. Do you guys think they are still a 1st/2nd round exit team? With the Bulls collapsing, it seems like ATL is the only team standing in their way.

What's their ceiling this season? ECF? Finals? Championship even?

DMC
02-06-2015, 12:26 AM
Cleveland is a beast. Lebron James looking for his 5th MVP.

ducks
02-06-2015, 12:27 AM
cavs lose a couple in a row things could get ugly again in cav land

ducks
02-06-2015, 12:27 AM
spurs would beat them in 5

RsxPiimp
02-06-2015, 12:30 AM

He definitely deserves it over Curry. Amazing how he flies under the radar this year.

DMC
02-06-2015, 12:33 AM
He definitely deserves it over Curry. Amazing how he flies under the radar this year.
That hiatus, subsequent slump, the return and streak could seal it for him. That's how Nash nailed it b2b. The team sucked while he was out. He comes back and they go on a tear. That gets noticed. Curry hasn't been that much better than Klay tbh. Still, I wouldn't begrudge him of it if they think he deserves it.

daslicer
02-06-2015, 12:46 AM
I just looked at their schedule and they only have 4 games left against top west playoff contenders and the rest of the schedule is pretty easy. They have potential to go on a big run from this point forward.

King Emmanuel
02-06-2015, 12:59 AM
why does Dmc love lebron so much wow

Robz4000
02-06-2015, 01:31 AM
Still not sure how Irving/Love will react to playoff basketball. They get the wrong matchup in the first round they could be in trouble.

BatManu20
02-06-2015, 01:33 AM
Like I said at the beginning of the season when they started off shakey, they will make the NBA Finals, and they have a good chance of winning it as well, depending on their opponent.

As much as I enjoy watching the Hawks, they're not ready to beat the cavs in a 7 game series. And the Bulls are worse than the Hawks. The real question is who will face them in the Finals. GSW, OKC, Spurs are the only real contenders imo, and Spurs would have to be playing much better come April to make a serious run.

Thread
02-06-2015, 01:41 AM
I wonder how they'd fare against the Spurs in a Finals? I can't think of anybody else over there with any better prospects. Hell, I'd plot my trough there, run behind the ramparts and take me chances. Charge, Dale?

CHARGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Calispursfan11
02-06-2015, 01:49 AM
DMC is and always has been a Lebron sucker. No surprise there but the fact that he is now slurping Lebron's past prime balls ostensibly just bc of the win streak is fuckin' weak. OP, in addition, you need to get your spelling and grammar checked tbh. "The Cleveland are in the hunt" what does that even fucking mean :lol

Calispursfan11
02-06-2015, 01:56 AM
That hiatus, subsequent slump, the return and streak could seal it for him. That's how Nash nailed it b2b. The team sucked while he was out. He comes back and they go on a tear. That gets noticed. Curry hasn't been that much better than Klay tbh. Still, I wouldn't begrudge him of it if they think he deserves it.

Ugg really? You get too excited about Lebron's balls sometimes.

Calispursfan11
02-06-2015, 01:58 AM

Lol, DMC slurping some more. Cleveland such a beast, Lebron's superteam got destroyed by the spurs 4-1 last year and Kevin Love isn't even all star material. Lebron isn't better this year and K Love has been exposed as a stat padding defensive liability. Come on now. LOL.

Stalin
02-06-2015, 02:04 AM
dmc getting ethered

Calispursfan11
02-06-2015, 02:10 AM
dmc getting ethered

Tbh :lol

DMC
02-06-2015, 02:45 AM
Lol, DMC slurping some more. Cleveland such a beast, Lebron's superteam got destroyed by the spurs 4-1 last year and Kevin Love isn't even all star material. Lebron isn't better this year and K Love has been exposed as a stat padding defensive liability. Come on now. LOL.

You're an unworthy opponent. Piss off.

cd021
02-06-2015, 02:56 AM
Bulls and Wizards playing like trash. Toronto has been hit or miss & Cleveland picking a great time to get hot. Not to mention Atlanta underachieving by going 20-1.

HI-FI
02-06-2015, 03:11 AM
I wonder how they'd fare against the Spurs in a Finals? I can't think of anybody else over there with any better prospects. Hell, I'd plot my trough there, run behind the ramparts and take me chances. Charge, Dale?

sorry, Cleveland won't let you back on the bandwagon. you sold out on them jane fonda style.

Nathan89
02-06-2015, 03:14 AM

Don't have to worry about that cub the warriors will knock us out.

rocknblues81
02-06-2015, 03:20 AM
That's why I don't get excited. There will aways be that team that is just better.

100%duncan
02-06-2015, 04:26 AM
Hawks and anyone who comes out of the West will beat them.

Sean Cagney
02-06-2015, 04:33 AM
Who didnt think they would eventually click???

Thread
02-06-2015, 06:35 AM
sorry, Cleveland won't let you back on the bandwagon. you sold out on them jane fonda style.

Don't want on it. Just want to see it crash thru the gates at the Alamo and blow up in the middle of the parade ground with Thornton playin' the fiddle to beat the fuckin' band.

CHARGE!!!!!!!!!

Thread
02-06-2015, 06:36 AM
Don't have to worry about that cub the warriors will knock us out.

They're the least of your worries.

Come April I wouldn't trust those bastards against the Suns.

TampaDude
02-06-2015, 07:38 AM
The Cavs are legit. Likely a Cavs-Hawks ECF.

Don't know if they could beat whoever comes out of the West, though.

RsxPiimp
02-06-2015, 09:05 AM
Bulls and Wizards playing like trash. Toronto has been hit or miss & Cleveland picking a great time to get hot. Not to mention Atlanta underachieving by going 20-1.

Toronton, Washington another group of pretenders :lol

Killakobe81
02-06-2015, 09:21 AM
If they can get Love on track, the only issue is Lebron wearing down. At times James seems superhuman but he is trying to make the finals for the 5th straight year that kind of toll even on a man of his amazing athletic gifts is asking a lot. If they get contributions from so many sources like last night then he may be able to coast. But I think when they face a real legit contender (i like ATL, Wash and Bulls but all are shaky contenders at best) from the West my guess it will become the Lebron James show like last year's finals. Problem is no West contender even GSW gives me complete confidence they will be able contain James like SAS did last year. If spurs can get their own shit together the repeat finals might be the best bet for beating James. Before last year I would say dont bet against Bron when he has help but he had it and still lost.

Clipper Nation
02-06-2015, 09:29 AM
LeMVP > chucking faggot :worthy:

hater
02-06-2015, 09:30 AM
I already called it in November tbh. Cleveland as bad as they are can easily sweep their way to the finals and take 2 weeks to prepare for the NBA Finals. While the West team will barely crawl to the Finals all bloodied and beat up.

fucking BS

but I called it long long ago. :tu

Thread
02-06-2015, 09:52 AM
I already called it in November tbh. Cleveland as bad as they are can easily sweep their way to the finals and take 2 weeks to prepare for the NBA Finals. While the West team will barely crawl to the Finals all bloodied and beat up.

fucking BS

but I called it long long ago. :tu

The thought of you in a crawl, bloodied and beat up is enticing.

Charge.

hater
02-06-2015, 09:53 AM
The thought of you in a crawl, bloodied and beat up is enticing.

Charge.

you're already shining shoes faggot

back to work

JoeTait75
02-06-2015, 10:13 AM
That's why I don't get excited. There will aways be that team that is just better.

Take heart. It's a Cleveland team.

100%duncan
02-06-2015, 10:42 AM
you're already shining shoes faggot

back to work

:lmao ma nigga goin ham on cub

StrengthAndHonor
02-06-2015, 10:51 AM
Not a huge fan of Lebron, but I can't believe some people here thought this Cleveland team will have an early exit considering how weak the East is.

StrengthAndHonor
02-06-2015, 10:52 AM
LeMVP > chucking faggot :worthy:
Slurp, Gags, Slurp, Slurp...

StrengthAndHonor
02-06-2015, 10:53 AM
12 game winning streak, a game or 2 away from that second seed. Lebron and company are finally clicking. Do you guys think they are still a 1st/2nd round exit team? With the Bulls collapsing, it seems like ATL is the only team standing in their way.

What's their ceiling this season? ECF? Finals? Championship even?

I say ECF, Atlanta is just too good of a team to lose to Lebron.

StrengthAndHonor
02-06-2015, 10:55 AM
If they can get Love on track, the only issue is Lebron wearing down. At times James seems superhuman but he is trying to make the finals for the 5th straight year that kind of toll even on a man of his amazing athletic gifts is asking a lot. If they get contributions from so many sources like last night then he may be able to coast. But I think when they face a real legit contender (i like ATL, Wash and Bulls but all are shaky contenders at best) from the West my guess it will become the Lebron James show like last year's finals. Problem is no West contender even GSW gives me complete confidence they will be able contain James like SAS did last year. If spurs can get their own shit together the repeat finals might be the best bet for beating James. Before last year I would say dont bet against Bron when he has help but he had it and still lost.
+1 Love is the X-Factor. Someone one RealGM pointed out he was shooting 37% in this 11 game stretch and Cleveland is still dominating.

ambchang
02-06-2015, 11:05 AM
If the Hawks are still playing in peak form, they would be hard to beat.

Cavs vs. Bulls is still intriguing. I know a lot of people are down on the Bulls, but I can still see them giving Cavs fit. Right now Hawks (obviously) are the clear favourites in the East, and can beat the winners from the West. I can't see any other East team beating the West champs.

StrengthAndHonor
02-06-2015, 11:13 AM
If the Hawks are still playing in peak form, they would be hard to beat.

Cavs vs. Bulls is still intriguing. I know a lot of people are down on the Bulls, but I can still see them giving Cavs fit. Right now Hawks (obviously) are the clear favourites in the East, and can beat the winners from the West. I can't see any other East team beating the West champs.
Highly doubt that. Gasol's addition hasn't quite worked out for Chicago, he's honestly entering Kevin love status this year. (Empty stats) Thibs is losing his team from my understanding, along with pending issues with Rose and Noah's health and key players like Taj Gibson questioning the teams direction at this point. They have zero chemistry right now and their brightest spot (Butler) will most likely have a disappointing playoffs after being ran to the ground by Thibs (40 MPG).

Killakobe81
02-06-2015, 12:15 PM
Highly doubt that. Gasol's addition hasn't quite worked out for Chicago, he's honestly entering Kevin love status this year. (Empty stats) Thibs is losing his team from my understanding, along with pending issues with Rose and Noah's health and key players like Taj Gibson questioning the teams direction at this point. They have zero chemistry right now and their brightest spot (Butler) will most likely have a disappointing playoffs after being ran to the ground by Thibs (40 MPG).

This. Great points ... but shhh S&H, anything remotely negative (how dare you compare a player like MVPau to that overrated no defense chucker KEVIN LOVE!!!)
on Gasol is taboo around these parts. Either it's a rotator cuff agenda or we just dont appreciate sublime post play, even when it comes with horrid pnr defense and soft post defense. Gasol does provide a vet that has won and a better half-court offense than the bulls ever had. They are a darkhorse much like your Clips but I think both will fail in Late May and wont see June.

Killakobe81
02-06-2015, 12:16 PM
Also TT is giving butler the "Deng treatment" and look how he has flamed out after a few years of crazy minutes ...

ambchang
02-06-2015, 01:04 PM

This. Great points ... but shhh S&H, anything remotely negative (how dare you compare a player like MVPau to that overrated no defense chucker KEVIN LOVE!!!)
on Gasol is taboo around these parts. Either it's a rotator cuff agenda or we just dont appreciate sublime post play, even when it comes with horrid pnr defense and soft post defense. Gasol does provide a vet that has won and a better half-court offense than the bulls ever had. They are a darkhorse much like your Clips but I think both will fail in Late May and wont see June.

I simply see the Bulls matching up with the Cavs. The Bulls still has a strong defensive system. They are not executing as well because of injuries and possibly boredom, but with the right motivation, I can still see the Bulls bottling up Irving and giving Lebron a hard time, not to mention they don't seem to have too many people being able to hold MVPau in check.

As for MVPau being in K-Love territory, I don't trust it. He is not as agile and nimble as he once was, but he can still rotate and be a defensive player. Noah coming back healthy would be very helpful for MVPau as well.

That said, i get suckered by the Bulls every year, so I am likely to be wrong again this year.

StrengthAndHonor
02-06-2015, 01:32 PM
I simply see the Bulls matching up with the Cavs. The Bulls still has a strong defensive system. They are not executing as well because of injuries and possibly boredom, but with the right motivation, I can still see the Bulls bottling up Irving and giving Lebron a hard time, not to mention they don't seem to have too many people being able to hold MVPau in check.

As for MVPau being in K-Love territory, I don't trust it. He is not as agile and nimble as he once was, but he can still rotate and be a defensive player. Noah coming back healthy would be very helpful for MVPau as well.

That said, i get suckered by the Bulls every year, so I am likely to be wrong again this year.
The Bulls defense has gone from elite to middle of the pack. Currently ranked 14th in points allowed (3rd last year) giving an average of 99.2 per game. It's not "boredom". Gasol's a true offensive beast, but he also equally gives up the same amount of points on the other end, this is why Miriotic and Gibson +/- are better than Pau. Players are scoring on him with ease.

Mozgov 7-14FG,
Horford 11-14FG
Gortat 4-7FG
Vucevic 16-24FG
Gortat 10-16FG
Favors 8-15FG
Dwight 6-12FG
Brook Lopez 13-21FG
Anthony Davis 13-24FG

Skip to 2:00 mark. It's a good breakdown of Pau's deficiency as a big man with videos and stats to back it up.

http://youtu.be/8A0v6YxwVhU

StrengthAndHonor
02-06-2015, 01:36 PM
Btw, that video I posted makes you really appreciate what Atlanta is doing. That's some great basketball right there.

Killakobe81
02-06-2015, 01:39 PM
The Bulls defense has gone from elite to middle of the pack. Currently ranked 14th in points allowed (3rd last year) giving an average of 99.2 per game. It's not "boredom". Gasol's a true offensive beast, but he also equally gives up the same amount of points on the other end, this is why Miriotic and Gibson +/- are better than Pau. Players are scoring on him with ease.

Mozgov 7-14FG,
Horford 11-14FG
Gortat 4-7FG
Vucevic 16-24FG
Gortat 10-16FG
Favors 8-15FG
Dwight 6-12FG
Brook Lopez 13-21FG
Anthony Davis 13-24FG

Skip to 2:00 mark. It's a good breakdown of Pau's deficiency as a big man with videos and stats to back it up.

Lowe also had some strong observations too, but when this was brought up in another thread. It was "MVPau not appreciated per par" ... or "the SAT failing gangbanger" is the real problem. Instead of discussing the valid hoops issue raised.

Man if Pau did join the spurs (last off season) and played like this some fans would have elevated to him just under Duncan status tbh.

But others would have been just as frustrated (on DEFENSIVE end) as Laker fans were. to be fair Mike D and Mike Brown (kobe too) failed to utilize Pau effectively but it seems the change re-energized him and I am happy to see his points and rebounds back up. Defense? No bueno ...but he is trying harder and altering shots.

RsxPiimp
02-06-2015, 01:41 PM

Mozgov 7-14FG,
Horford 11-14FG
Gortat 4-7FG
Vucevic 16-24FG
Gortat 10-16FG
Favors 8-15FG
Dwight 6-12FG
Brook Lopez 13-21FG
Anthony Davis 13-24FG

Good shit

Killakobe81
02-06-2015, 02:11 PM
Btw, that video I posted makes you really appreciate what Atlanta is doing. That's some great basketball right there.

amen. Budenholzer is EXACTLY the type of coach the Lakers should have sought instead of chasing names. They will make the same mistake chasing stars but every star they have chased or rumored to want are hurt or playing hurt: So glad we lost out on those guys or did not trade for em ...

1. Dwight (hurt)
2. Melo (playing hurt)
3. rondo (hurt)

Only guys Lakers truly wanted that are healthy are Pau and Lebron and they treated the former shabby and had no shot at James. I doubt Lebron will ever take on another building project if he has the choice ...

Mori Chu
02-06-2015, 02:23 PM
Bulls > Cavs.

ambchang
02-06-2015, 02:28 PM

Mozgov 7-14FG,
Horford 11-14FG
Gortat 4-7FG
Vucevic 16-24FG
Gortat 10-16FG
Favors 8-15FG
Dwight 6-12FG
Brook Lopez 13-21FG
Anthony Davis 13-24FG

I would tend to say that is what Atlanta does vs. what is wrong with MVPau. Atlanta's bigs are really unorthodox as they just pull everybody outside, not to mention having the quickness and handles to drive. Most teams do not have that, and Atlanta has pretty much been exposing other bigs all year long.

That said, I am not saying MVPau is as MVPau as he was at his peak, he is clearly slower than what he was before, but I don't see him as a defensive liability in the sense of a Brook Lopez or a Kevin Love.

Speaking of which, Love has the outside shooting, but I don't see MVPau guarding him, it would be Noah or Gibson. MVPau will be guarding Tristan Thompson or something, which doesn't have the shooting or handles as the Atlanta bigs, which means that they can't expose MVPau Atlanta did.

Lowe also had some strong observations too, but when this was brought up in another thread. It was "MVPau not appreciated per par" ... or "the SAT failing gangbanger" is the real problem. Instead of discussing the valid hoops issue raised.

Man if Pau did join the spurs (last off season) and played like this some fans would have elevated to him just under Duncan status tbh.

But others would have been just as frustrated (on DEFENSIVE end) as Laker fans were. to be fair Mike D and Mike Brown (kobe too) failed to utilize Pau effectively but it seems the change re-energized him and I am happy to see his points and rebounds back up. Defense? No bueno ...but he is trying harder and altering shots.

MVPau's defense this year is WAY better than his Laker days. he's not Bill Russell, or even the old MVPau, but he is not the 2013 MAPau (Most Average Pau) either.

ambchang
02-06-2015, 02:29 PM
amen. Budenholzer is EXACTLY the type of coach the Lakers should have sought instead of chasing names. They will make the same mistake chasing stars but every star they have chased or rumored to want are hurt or playing hurt: So glad we lost out on those guys or did not trade for em ...

1. Dwight (hurt)
2. Melo (playing hurt)
3. rondo (hurt)

Only guys Lakers truly wanted that are healthy are Pau and Lebron and they treated the former shabby and had no shot at James. I doubt Lebron will ever take on another building project if he has the choice ...

You honestly think Kobe can play for a coach like Bud? I don't, and this really isn't about bashing Kobe.

That said, with a coach like Bud, the Lakers will be looking at 35 wins, maybe even 40.

Killakobe81
02-06-2015, 03:40 PM
You honestly think Kobe can play for a coach like Bud? I don't, and this really isn't about bashing Kobe.

That said, with a coach like Bud, the Lakers will be looking at 35 wins, maybe even 40.

1. Yes I think he could ... but again I dont buy everything I read ...
2. IF he did have a problem ... IDGAF, his days are numbered anyways ...
3. Lakers FO has to make moves that are best for the Franchise not what is best for Kobe. he has 48 million reasons to play for and listen to whomever we put at coach ...

ambchang
02-06-2015, 03:54 PM
3. Lakers FO has to make moves that are best for the Franchise not what is best for Kobe. he has 48 million reasons to play for and listen to whomever we put at coach ...

You live in an ideal world my friend.

Management thinks most people buy tickets to see Kobe, not the coach. I don't agree with it, and think people are more excited about seeing a winning team, but Lakers management seems to be going the other direction.

Getting rid of Kobe is probably the ideal situation for the Lakers now, but then Kobe wouldn't go (paycheck), management wouldn't allow it to happen (optics, illusion of revenue, appeasing the loudest fans).

And I doubt too many coaches (good ones) are looking forward to coach a sinking team like the Lakers.

Killakobe81
02-06-2015, 04:35 PM
You live in an ideal world my friend.

Management thinks most people buy tickets to see Kobe, not the coach. I don't agree with it, and think people are more excited about seeing a winning team, but Lakers management seems to be going the other direction.

Getting rid of Kobe is probably the ideal situation for the Lakers now, but then Kobe wouldn't go (paycheck), management wouldn't allow it to happen (optics, illusion of revenue, appeasing the loudest fans).

And I doubt too many coaches (good ones) are looking forward to coach a sinking team like the Lakers.

No I am not. You asked me if I thought he could I said, yes. You cant prove he could not I cant prove he would.
I said even if he had an issue, I myself wouldnt care.
I dont speak for common fans or the FO. You know me better than that Amb. Say what you will but Phil, Mike D and Hollins all considered top candidates considered or took the Lakers job. Situation is worse now but I deal with facts not speculation.

and I never said Kobe was going anywhere I just said imho the 48 million is "hush" money and if he doesnt agree with the coach as much as I respect what he has done for the franchise, fuck him. No one not even West or Magic is bigger than the franchise.

Venti Quattro
02-06-2015, 08:56 PM

LeBron's individual brilliance will end up better than Steph, imo. Not that it's a knock on Steph b/c they're still on pace for 65 wins, and I think they have better championship odds than the Cavs.

However, they have much more weapons if, let's say, Steph decides to take the night off or if he has a bad game, while Cleveland is gonna stink without Bron's brilliance

DMC
02-06-2015, 09:07 PM
You know I am fucking with you about 99% of the time just to see your wall of text response in defense of yourself. However it's entertaining to watch you work so hard to separate yourself from your chosen namesake. You chose his name, like some HS groupie chick, then spend all your time distancing yourself from the guy. It's like a circus. Sure you can say "but but it was my Nintendo name", so what? If I named myself "Stromile Swift" on Nintendo, I wouldn't have to register on a NBA forum with that name and if I did, I wouldn't expect people to not think I was pro-Stromile Swift. Pretty sure there are plenty Magic Johnson combinations you could have used. You didn't.

Now post 1000 words telling me how much you don't give a shit.

Killakobe81
02-06-2015, 09:40 PM
You know I am fucking with you about 99% of the time just to see your wall of text response in defense of yourself. However it's entertaining to watch you work so hard to separate yourself from your chosen namesake. You chose his name, like some HS groupie chick, then spend all your time distancing yourself from the guy. It's like a circus. Sure you can say "but but it was my Nintendo name", so what? If I named myself "Stromile Swift" on Nintendo, I wouldn't have to register on a NBA forum with that name and if I did, I wouldn't expect people to not think I was pro-Stromile Swift. Pretty sure there are plenty Magic Johnson combinations you could have used. You didn't.

Now post 1000 words telling me how much you don't give a shit.

Nah not a 100. I don't speak just for your benefit. And you are right could have chose another name explained why I did not ...and not distancing myself I am a Kobe apologist and supporter just saying everything I post ain't about Kobe ... I just luv talking hoops.

ElNono
02-06-2015, 09:42 PM
nice jinx thread, imo

Calispursfan11
02-06-2015, 10:33 PM
:lol Just like that "the Cleveland" looks like crap against a crappy team lol.

02-06-2015, 10:36 PM
LeBron in all his greatness can't cover for how poorly this team was constructed, and even after a series of trades, their flaws will show in the playoffs.

DMC
02-06-2015, 10:44 PM
:lol Just like that "the Cleveland" looks like crap against a crappy team lol.

Faggot has faggot take, nothing new here. You know jack shit about basketball. Stick to being a faggot. You do that well.

Calispursfan11
02-06-2015, 11:39 PM
Faggot has faggot take, nothing new here. You know jack shit about basketball. Stick to being a faggot. You do that well.

You remember this you old fucker?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mE2-7a_F_B0

DMC
02-07-2015, 12:26 AM
You remember this you old fucker?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mE2-7a_F_B0

Not really. Was this the time you thought you ran me off, when I was on a fishing trip? lol lower tier posters and their delusions of adequacy.

Calispursfan11
02-07-2015, 12:32 AM
Not really. Was this the time you thought you ran me off, when I was on a fishing trip? lol lower tier posters and their delusions of adequacy.

You remember the nightmare don't you. When you offered to post pics of yourself. I'll never forget how you groveled and pleaded.

DMC
02-07-2015, 01:22 AM
You remember the nightmare don't you. When you offered to post pics of yourself. I'll never forget how you groveled and pleaded.
Lol, I make a statement toward you and you go into full meltdown. Typical beta cuck shit.

02-07-2015, 01:25 AM
The trade for Mozgov and JR Smith was actually a pretty good one. That's surprising considering the Cavs' inept front office. I think the Hawks have a decent chance at upsetting the Cavs though but if Lebron takes it to another gear and plays like how he played on the Heat, it would be very hard for anyone in the East to stop the Cavs.

Any West team on the other hand can probably dispel the Cavs in 6.

ambchang
02-09-2015, 09:56 AM
No I am not. You asked me if I thought he could I said, yes. You cant prove he could not I cant prove he would.
I said even if he had an issue, I myself wouldnt care.
I dont speak for common fans or the FO. You know me better than that Amb. Say what you will but Phil, Mike D and Hollins all considered top candidates considered or took the Lakers job. Situation is worse now but I deal with facts not speculation.

and I never said Kobe was going anywhere I just said imho the 48 million is "hush" money and if he doesnt agree with the coach as much as I respect what he has done for the franchise, fuck him. No one not even West or Magic is bigger than the franchise.

I said you live in an ideal world, pretty much everything goes right and Kobe would all of a sudden actually not clash with a coach who would ask him to give up the ball. He couldn't live with giving the ball to Dwight, Shaq, Bynum and MVPau, and you think he would give the ball to Jordan Hill or Ed Davis?

If you require some level of dark magic or a lobotomy on Kobe to make it work, then it doesn't work. You can give him the finger all you want, but that doesn't change the fact that he has never played well with any coach, Jackson included.

Killakobe81
02-09-2015, 10:55 AM
I said you live in an ideal world, pretty much everything goes right and Kobe would all of a sudden actually not clash with a coach who would ask him to give up the ball. He couldn't live with giving the ball to Dwight, Shaq, Bynum and MVPau, and you think he would give the ball to Jordan Hill or Ed Davis?

If you require some level of dark magic or a lobotomy on Kobe to make it work, then it doesn't work. You can give him the finger all you want, but that doesn't change the fact that he has never played well with any coach, Jackson included.

Huh? I dont have the energy to get in a drawn out on this because I really dont care. This is like the Hakeem vs duncan debates no one can prove shit since it's hypothetical. So take this as the final response on this (although I am sure you will have lengthy rebuttal) Coaches and star player make compromises. My guess (same as you just a guess) is he would give up the ball a bit more and Bud would also run more things he likes. You are right, even Phil and Kobe clashed some but he still gave most late game situations to Kobe to run outside the triangle so my guess is Bud would do the same (cuz all of Kobe's coaches starting with dell have done so, that is fact even if it hasnt always worked out) in exchange, for kobe's buy-in on the rest.

again I dont know ... you could be right, I never said you were absolutely wrong. You asked me my opinion (remember that) but you act like my opinion can be proven wrong and what can get annoying is you act like your opinion is fact. Why continue an argument with me over something you cannot prove and you actually asked me my opinion of? You have had stated your opinion and guess on why it wouldnt work, it has been noted. We disagree so let's move-on. and save us both some time.

You the cat living in a dream world because the scenario is hypothetical. All I said was that wasthe type of coach we should get. And Kobe has hush money to make sure that it worked and if he did not like it I (again me my opinion) that to bad.

StrengthAndHonor
02-09-2015, 10:58 AM
I would tend to say that is what Atlanta does vs. what is wrong with MVPau.

WTH? I just gave you a half a season worth of proof how awful Pau's defensive presence is. His deficiencies on that end is alarming with Chicago dropping from 3rd to 14th in league defensive efficiency.

Killakobe81
02-09-2015, 10:59 AM
WTH? I just gave you a half a season worth of proof how awful Pau's defensive presence is. His deficiencies on that end is alarming with Chicago dropping from 3rd to 14th in league defensive efficiency.

Amb won't ever admit to being wrong but I do enjoy his banter. I just dont like when he states his opinion or bias as fact.

StrengthAndHonor
02-09-2015, 11:29 AM
Amb won't ever admit to being wrong but I do enjoy his banter. I just dont like when he states his opinion or bias as fact.

He's a good poster, he just need to be more objective when it comes to Kobe related subjects.

Red Hawk #21
02-09-2015, 11:44 AM
The trade for Mozgov and JR Smith was actually a pretty good one. That's surprising considering the Cavs' inept front office. I think the Hawks have a decent chance at upsetting the Cavs though but if Lebron takes it to another gear and plays like how he played on the Heat, it would be very hard for anyone in the East to stop the Cavs.

Any West team on the other hand can probably dispel the Cavs in 6.

Cavs have looked pretty damn good since that Mozgov/Smith acquisition tbh.

Killakobe81
02-09-2015, 11:55 AM
He's a good poster, he just need to be more objective when it comes to Kobe related subjects.

Agreed. I dont get the axe to grind here Duncan has the edge on Kobe. Lakers suck, he is winning so he could dial it back some gain some credibility on the subject.

Killakobe81
02-09-2015, 11:59 AM

Cant give that up because it undermines a story he is sticking to tbh. Also may Spur fans have a soft spot for Pau. Great player especially on offense but he used to be solid on defense too. I wonder if it's because they hated the Lakers Fish, Phil and Kobe so much they had to find someone to latch on to. Funny thing is some even liked shaq despite him making up lies about David. But I guess because he praised Timmy all is good. Just a weird dynamic. Not saying they have to like any opposing players but the ones they like they will defend even when you bring evidence that shows they are wrong. It's never Pau, it's Kobe, rose, Phil, Mike d or Tibbs fault.

ambchang
02-09-2015, 12:18 PM
Huh? I dont have the energy to get in a drawn out on this because I really dont care. This is like the Hakeem vs duncan debates no one can prove shit since it's hypothetical. So take this as the final response on this (although I am sure you will have lengthy rebuttal) Coaches and star player make compromises. My guess (same as you just a guess) is he would give up the ball a bit more and Bud would also run more things he likes. You are right, even Phil and Kobe clashed some but he still gave most late game situations to Kobe to run outside the triangle so my guess is Bud would do the same (cuz all of Kobe's coaches starting with dell have done so, that is fact even if it hasnt always worked out) in exchange, for kobe's buy-in on the rest.

again I dont know ... you could be right, I never said you were absolutely wrong. You asked me my opinion (remember that) but you act like my opinion can be proven wrong and what can get annoying is you act like your opinion is fact. Why continue an argument with me over something you cannot prove and you actually asked me my opinion of? You have had stated your opinion and guess on why it wouldnt work, it has been noted. We disagree so let's move-on. and save us both some time.

You the cat living in a dream world because the scenario is hypothetical. All I said was that wasthe type of coach we should get. And Kobe has hush money to make sure that it worked and if he did not like it I (again me my opinion) that to bad.

Of course it's hypothetical, that's why we argue, otherwise those would be statements.

The only time Kobe ever gave up the ball caused him to be disgruntled and broke up the 3 peat dynasty. Not to mention that embarrassment of an 04 Finals.

ambchang
02-09-2015, 12:27 PM

Injuries to Noah and the departure of Deng has a LOT to do with it.

Unless you want to say Boozer > MVPau on defense and that's the swap is the sole/main reason the Bulls dropped from 3rd to 14th.

None of what we state are facts, they are all opinions with facts to back up.

As objective as can be. And what I have stated over the last few years is becoming more and more apparent/provable due to the use of advanced stats.

Agreed. I dont get the axe to grind here Duncan has the edge on Kobe. Lakers suck, he is winning so he could dial it back some gain some credibility on the subject.

Glad we agree on Duncan > Kobe. It has always been pretty clear to me, even after 2010.

Cant give that up because it undermines a story he is sticking to tbh. Also may Spur fans have a soft spot for Pau. Great player especially on offense but he used to be solid on defense too. I wonder if it's because they hated the Lakers Fish, Phil and Kobe so much they had to find someone to latch on to. Funny thing is some even liked shaq despite him making up lies about David. But I guess because he praised Timmy all is good. Just a weird dynamic. Not saying they have to like any opposing players but the ones they like they will defend even when you bring evidence that shows they are wrong. It's never Pau, it's Kobe, rose, Phil, Mike d or Tibbs fault.

MVPau is great, I like him because he has a solid post game that is similar to Duncan's (not as good, and way worse defensively), classy guy and takes a lot of cheapshots for the sake of his team. Just a generally nice guy who takes all the blame and none of the credit, which is really a shame.

As for Shaq, hated him as a person, but you cannot deny those 3 or 4 years of absolute dominance. I still consider him to be a bit of a wasted potential as he really does have the athletic abilities to be the GOAT. Too bad his immaturity, laziness (I agree with Kobe on this this), and unwillingness to blend with another star (Hardaway, Kobe), led to him not being better than what he was (which was incredibly good).

StrengthAndHonor
02-09-2015, 01:05 PM
Injuries to Noah and the departure of Deng has a LOT to do with it.

Unless you want to say Boozer > MVPau on defense and that's the swap is the sole/main reason the Bulls dropped from 3rd to 14th.

Don't deviate from the fact that Gasol is a horrible defender. Pau is slightly better than Boozer, but that's not saying much. And you can't use Deng's departure as a reason since he only played 23 games for Chicago while last year. :lol

ambchang
02-09-2015, 01:17 PM
Don't deviate from the fact that Gasol is a horrible defender. Pau is slightly better than Boozer, but that's not saying much. And you can't use Deng's departure as a reason since he only played 23 games for Chicago while last year. :lol

If MVPau > Boozer on defense, then why did the Chicago's defense got worse when MVPau essentially replaced Boozer?

Jenks
02-09-2015, 04:31 PM
If MVPau > Boozer on defense, then why did the Chicago's defense got worse when MVPau essentially replaced Boozer?
Is there anyone else on this roster who didn't play more than a few games for the Bulls for the past two years, and is now starting? Or is it just Pau?

I don't see anyone, but I'm not looking beyond the top 10 in defensive plus minus, certainly there's no one that low who is new to the team eating significant minutes. The defensive woes are all Pau's fault.

http://i.imgur.com/Jer0REi.jpg

Killakobe81
02-09-2015, 05:00 PM
I wouldnt put it ALL on Pau. Elite defense is a Chemistry thing ... so I think there is that. I am not making excuses for Pau but saying to put it ALL on him is unfair. The move has rejuvenated his offense and the bulls needed that tbh their offense sucked at times. So still a great move but with it the defense has struggled.

But to give him a pass and say he is a MVP candidate is Spur fan being blind because they like someone per par, tbh, fwiw etc.

Brazil
02-09-2015, 05:32 PM

Because Harlem does not like him anymore.

DMC
02-09-2015, 06:13 PM

lol

"I don't have the energy"

"wall of text"

DMC
02-09-2015, 06:14 PM
I've never liked him. I always call it how I see it.