PDA

View Full Version : Thunder: Kevin Durant on his All-Star nod: 'Whoever want my spot can play me one-on-one for it

spursparker9
02-06-2015, 07:24 PM
http://l2.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/MQq7H7N3u8HSAHAgrqd91w--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Zmk9ZmlsbDtoPTQ3NDtpbD1wbGFuZTtweW 9mZj0wO3E9NzU7dz02MzA-/http://l.yimg.com/os/publish-images/sports/2015-02-06/da41c1c0-ae40-11e4-b95c-a1db2f4787dc_KDDL2615.jpg

Kevin Durant has played absolutely brilliant basketball so far this season. Stretched out over the course of an entire campaign, his sorts of contributions would easily put him in the race for All-NBA honors, a second consecutive MVP award, and less importantly but no less appreciated: A well-deserved All-Star berth.

Durant hasn’t played as much as he’d like to, this season, because of a pair of worrying foot and toe ailments. Kevin will return on Friday as his Oklahoma City Thunder take on the New Orleans Pelicans, but that appearance will mark just the 23rd appearance in OKC’s 50-game season thus far. On top of that, the team’s coaching staff has intelligently held Durant back during games out of fears that he could re-injure either his foot or toe. Entering the Pelicans game, the 2014 NBA MVP has averaged just 33 minutes a contest, down about five and a half from last season.

Possibly mindful of this, NBA fans did not vote Durant into the starting lineup in the All-Star Game. The NBA’s coaches, in a weird value reversal of fame vs. on-court participation, did vote him in as a reserve. That move led to many to cry out in favor of the inclusion of either DeMarcus Cousins (who was eased into the Game by commissioner Adam Silver as an injury replacement) or Portland’s Damian Lillard.

Durant has no doubt heard the criticism, which is why he offered this half-joke on Friday afternoon:

Read the rest on
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/kevin-durant-on-his-all-star-nod---whoever-want-my-spot-can-play-me-one-on-one-for-it-204422540.html

02-06-2015, 08:28 PM
But he still won't play Lil B one on one

sook
02-06-2015, 08:44 PM
sounds legit.

Bulaien999
02-07-2015, 01:58 AM
Thank god Davis is already in, took his cookie at home last night

LkrFan
02-07-2015, 06:14 AM
Good for him. Alphas say shit like that. We all know KD can do whatever he wants on the court against anybody. Duncan? Not so much. Case in point : in 2011, when "all star" Tim Beta averaged 13/8, he kept his mouth shut and graciously accepted his "all star" bid. This despite being tied for 23rd in double doubles that year which is PATHETIC for an all star big man! :rollin :lmao :rollin

I bet Lillard - or any other player including LeHype - will accept his challenge. :lol

midnightpulp
02-07-2015, 06:31 AM
Good for him. Alphas say shit like that. We all know KD can do whatever he wants on the court against anybody. Duncan? Not so much. Case in point : in 2011, when "all star" Tim Beta averaged 13/8, he kept his mouth shut and graciously accepted his "all star" bid. This despite being tied for 23rd in double doubles that year which is PATHETIC for an all star big man! :rollin :lmao :rollin

I bet Lillard - or any other player including LeHype - will accept his challenge. :lol

Being tied for 23rd in doubles is still world's better than being 400th in FG%, like Kirby, who was an "all star" selection this year :downspin:

LkrFan
02-07-2015, 06:47 AM
Being tied for 23rd in doubles is still world's better than being 400th in FG%, like Kirby, who was an "all star" selection this year :downspin:

13/8 though mid? If I was him I would have bowed out that year. Even J-Smoove (certified dufus) had more double doubles that year than Tim Beta. :lol

100%duncan
02-07-2015, 07:04 AM

all star games :lmao

the only game Kirby could play like a game 7 for the past 4 years of irrelevancy :lmao

LkrFan
02-07-2015, 07:24 AM
all star games :lmao

the only game Kirby could play like a game 7 for the past 4 years of irrelevancy :lmao

It's time for Kobe to retire. Last 3 years in a row his body has failed him (and my Lakers). Nothing else to prove. He has his place in history cemented, he has earned enough money to never have to work the rest of his life. If I were him, I'd hang it up.

Tim is still a Beta though. :lol

jeebus
02-07-2015, 11:15 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBQ2mjkvYY8

Pelicans78
02-07-2015, 11:20 AM
It's time for Kobe to retire. Last 3 years in a row his body has failed him (and my Lakers). Nothing else to prove. He has his place in history cemented, he has earned enough money to never have to work the rest of his life. If I were him, I'd hang it up.

Tim is still a Beta though. :lol

Not as much as Durant

MultiTroll
02-07-2015, 11:39 AM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by midnightpulp (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7820072#post7820072)
Being tied for 23rd in doubles is still world's better than being 400th in FG%, like Kirby, who was an "all star" selection this year

13/8 though mid? If I was him I would have bowed out that year. Even J-Smoove (certified dufus) had more double doubles that year than Tim Beta. :lol
How bout Kirbs accepting it, numb nutts?

MultiTroll
02-07-2015, 11:41 AM
Durant hasn’t played as much as he’d like to, this season, because of a pair of worrying foot and toe ailments. Kevin will return on Friday as his Oklahoma City Thunder take on the New Orleans Pelicans, but that appearance will mark just the 23rd appearance in OKC’s 50-game season thus far. On top of that, the team’s coaching staff has intelligently held Durant back during games out of fears that he could re-injure either his foot or toe. Entering the Pelicans game, the 2014 NBA MVP has averaged just 33 minutes a contest, down about five and a half from last season.

Durant has no doubt heard the criticism, which is why he offered this half-joke on Friday afternoon:

How sweet would it be to see one of the players take his fake challenge on and smoke his ass?

DMC
02-07-2015, 11:43 AM

What, would you have taken your leaf blower and gone home?

Cry Havoc
02-07-2015, 12:22 PM
Kobe is the worst all-star game selection in history this year. Period.

NRHector
02-07-2015, 12:27 PM
KD is forgetting one thing, there is no refs to help him out if he plays one on one

LkrFan
02-07-2015, 03:45 PM
Kobe is the worst all-star game selection in history this year. Period.

:lmao

DMC
02-07-2015, 03:47 PM
:lmao
Nothing wrong with that statement. Maybe your Spanglish inhibits your understanding. Kobe's selection this year is the worst ASG selection in history. In years past, not so much, since Yao is hard to beat in that category.

Cry Havoc
02-07-2015, 04:02 PM
^