Coppin that next month :toast

lefty
02-08-2015, 01:15 PM
Coppin that next month :toast
HTC phones are quality but they are boring tbh
Hopefully this time they add a good camera

DJR210
02-08-2015, 03:55 PM
Damn, HTC has fallen off a cliff..used to love them, but they're pretty much finished now.

resistanze
02-08-2015, 04:26 PM
HTC phones are quality but they are boring tbh
Hopefully this time they add a good camera

:lol 4MP 'ultrapixel'

lefty
02-08-2015, 05:20 PM
:lol 4MP 'ultrapixel'
:lol

Although the M9 is gonna have a 20 mp camera

And they have moved the power button to the right side...........FINALLY
(hated the power button on top on my HTC One S)

InRareForm
02-08-2015, 11:07 PM
Damn, HTC has fallen off a cliff..used to love them, but they're pretty much finished now.

how so?

Really don't how they "fell off".

I owned a gs3, it was fine until the plastic power button bricked my phone.

I bought a m7 and thought it was superior to the gs3. Battery life stayed consistent, no slowdown after owning it for awhile (happened on both galaxy phones i owned), and the camera is great in daylight.

InRareForm
02-08-2015, 11:08 PM
And they have moved the power button to the right side...........FINALLY
(hated the power button on top on my HTC One S)

i hear people complain about power button on top, but not really a deal breaker for me. I got used to it.

DJR210
02-08-2015, 11:30 PM
how so?

Really don't how they "fell off".

I owned a gs3, it was fine until the plastic power button bricked my phone.

I bought a m7 and thought it was superior to the gs3. Battery life stayed consistent, no slowdown after owning it for awhile (happened on both galaxy phones i owned), and the camera is great in daylight.

They're quality products, don't get me wrong. They've just been bumped so far out of the spotlight by Apple and Samsung they just seem non-existent IMO.

lefty
02-09-2015, 11:00 AM
i hear people complain about power button on top, but not really a deal breaker for me. I got used to it.

Plus HTC phones now have the double tap on the screen to wake up the phone

They're quality products, don't get me wrong. They've just been bumped so far out of the spotlight by Apple and Samsung they just seem non-existent IMO.

It may be a while before they catch up , but HTC flagships seem to be very popular these days

Cry Havoc
02-09-2015, 01:01 PM

Beats by Dre are by far the most popular headphones and sound like shit compared to almost anything else in their price category.

I wouldn't call HTC boring, I would say that Samsung marketed the hell out of their phones with gimmicks that you'll mostly never use. I enjoy my Note 3 but I hardly ever use any of the "cool Samsung features" except the stylus on it.

DJR210
02-09-2015, 02:00 PM
Plus HTC phones now have the double tap on the screen to wake up the phone

It may be a while before they catch up , but HTC flagships seem to be very popular these days

Beats by Dre are by far the most popular headphones and sound like shit compared to almost anything else in their price category.

I wouldn't call HTC boring, I would say that Samsung marketed the hell out of their phones with gimmicks that you'll mostly never use. I enjoy my Note 3 but I hardly ever use any of the "cool Samsung features" except the stylus on it.

I wouldn't consider an HTC purchase until they step up their screen tech. There is no beating the AMOLED screen on the Samsungs these days. My first 2 smart phones were both HTC, but after I had time to play around with the AMOLED screen I couldn't go back.

Cry Havoc
02-09-2015, 05:23 PM
I wouldn't consider an HTC purchase until they step up their screen tech. There is no beating the AMOLED screen on the Samsungs these days. My first 2 smart phones were both HTC, but after I had time to play around with the AMOLED screen I couldn't go back.

I can certainly argue the point. Samsung's screens are incredibly vivid, but they massively oversaturate colors to the point of blowing out a decent part of the gamut.

I prefer the screen on my Nexus over my Note for a couple of reasons: 1 - It's easier to see in direct sunlight and 2 - Using it at night is much easier on the eyes, as the Sammy's screen won't dim at night enough to be comfortable.

That said, they're both excellent displays and are enjoyable to use throughout the day.

DJR210
02-09-2015, 07:33 PM
I can certainly argue the point. Samsung's screens are incredibly vivid, but they massively oversaturate colors to the point of blowing out a decent part of the gamut.

I prefer the screen on my Nexus over my Note for a couple of reasons: 1 - It's easier to see in direct sunlight and 2 - Using it at night is much easier on the eyes, as the Sammy's screen won't dim at night enough to be comfortable.

That said, they're both excellent displays and are enjoyable to use throughout the day.

The oversaturation point only applies to the default settings. You can tone it down in the options.

lefty
03-01-2015, 03:37 PM
Apparently the M9 20 mp camera is still crap :lol