PDA

View Full Version : PG?

palangi
02-08-2015, 09:01 PM
What if next year we went magic johnsonish and penny hardawayish and had a 6'8" PG? Kyle Anderson.

trade Parker. We have Danny green and Kahwi Leonard who can always defend quicker PG allowing Anderson to guard the 2 or 3. But even still his length would bother a lot of PG in the league. He is a very good ball handler and a good shooter. And he could post up smaller PG that get stuck on him.

PG- Kyle Anderson 6'8"
SG- Danny Green 6'6"
SF- Kahwi Leonard 6'7"

cjw
02-08-2015, 09:03 PM
Would be putting a ton of pressure on Green to guard PGs. As bad as Parker is at times, Anderson would be much slower/worse. Wouldn't be surprised to see Pop experiment with lineups like that, but not for extended minutes.

palangi
02-08-2015, 09:10 PM
Would be putting a ton of pressure on Green to guard PGs. As bad as Parker is at times, Anderson would be much slower/worse. Wouldn't be surprised to see Pop experiment with lineups like that, but not for extended minutes.
Why would green get a ton of pressure? He is our best perimeter defender and is a 3 point shooter on offense. And think about how tired opposing PG would be from chasing green on offense, running through various screens. Or getting posted up by Leonard or Anderson.

Speed isn't the only aspect of a game either. Anderson is a much better passer than tony. And a better 3 point shooter. And tony doesn't have the same explosion either. Plus Anderson is a very good rebounder.

cjw
02-08-2015, 09:12 PM
Green guarding PGs 35 minutes a night will be a grind. Not saying he can't do it, but best to save it for the Curry's of the world. I'll believe it when I see it on Anderson from NBA 3pt line.

palangi
02-08-2015, 09:15 PM
Green guarding PGs 35 minutes a night will be a grind. Not saying he can't do it, but best to save it for the Curry's of the world. I'll believe it when I see it on Anderson from NBA 3pt line.
That's why guys like mills and cojo are still on the team.

And like I said he could do it for small spurts at a time. Let his length bother them.

mkurts
02-08-2015, 09:48 PM
No...... Pop says Parker only.

Many on ST are devoted to the team's PG being Parker only.

Show Parker love.

Give your wives (only if hot) to Parker.

palangi
02-08-2015, 09:52 PM
Here is some video of Anderson. You can see PG tendencies

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7P4Z7b560ec

dabom
02-08-2015, 09:53 PM
No...... Pop says Parker only.

Many on ST are devoted to the team's PG being Parker only.

Show Parker love.

Give your wives (only if hot) to Parker.

:rollin

palangi
02-08-2015, 10:01 PM
Here he is basically running the offense in Austin.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Emb2GaJ_gAc