PDA

View Full Version : James Johnson.

Ice009
02-08-2015, 09:53 PM
In the 2013 off-season I read that the Spurs had him in for workouts, but didn't give him a training camp invite. Every time that I've seen this guy play the Spurs since then, he seems to play very, very well against us. He's even had games like the one tonight where he was a difference maker. He would have been a very solid addition to the team as a backup SF.

Why didn't the Spurs at least give him a training camp invite to see what he could do on the team? What would be the reason for them dismissing him completely? Surely he was good enough to at least get a training camp invite? Anyone know the story there? Does he have character issues?

After tonight's game, this adds to a string of games where I've been frustrated after the game that they didn't give him a chance to make the team in training camp. Why were the Spurs not interested?

lefty
02-08-2015, 10:02 PM
We should trade Enrique for him

TheGreatYacht
02-08-2015, 10:04 PM
He's not foreign enough, tbh..

Ice009
02-08-2015, 10:09 PM
It's very strange. He just seems to play very well against the Spurs every time I see him. The Spurs needed a backup SF, yet they didn't even bring him into training camp.

Ditty
02-08-2015, 10:18 PM
Five teams in six years seems to bring up some red flags tbh. He looks like he has the talent, especially against us as you mentioned but I bet he isn't a very bright either by his character or bbiq. Would've made a nice back up three though.

wildchild
02-08-2015, 10:26 PM
Diaw couldn't guard Johnson well...and it didn't help to see Beli on him in the last quarter.

exstatic
02-09-2015, 02:09 PM
Did any of you actually WATCH the game? The ONLY times he scored were when players went off script and ran at him. He has NO jumper at all, throwing up two or more three complete air balls. That's at least one of the reasons he never got a camp invite.

Chinook
02-09-2015, 02:14 PM
Would have been a pretty good use of the MLE this season. Pop made a mistake putting Leonard on DeRozan and Green on Johnson, though.

Robz4000
02-09-2015, 03:19 PM
Did any of you actually WATCH the game? The ONLY times he scored were when players went off script and ran at him. He has NO jumper at all, throwing up two or more three complete air balls. That's at least one of the reasons he never got a camp invite.

He hit the three that gave the Raps the lead for good tbh. He also hit the game-tying three last year in a game against the Spurs when he was with the Grizz.