PDA

View Full Version : Better Call Saul - almost forgot

Pages : [1] 2 3

cantthinkofanything
02-08-2015, 11:13 PM
almost forgot to set the DVR. Came in tonight. Excited for this series.

T Park
02-09-2015, 12:22 AM
Was absolutely fantastic. Lived up to the hype. The writing is genius.

baseline bum
02-09-2015, 12:33 AM
I don't like it being tied into the Breaking Bad ecosystem on the very first episode with Tuco at the end. I'll still give a chance for a few more episodes since Odenkirk is so fucking hilarious though.

mavsfan1000
02-09-2015, 12:54 AM
Awesome episode!

Strange Love
02-09-2015, 03:29 AM
More funny than dramatic would you guys say?

DJR210
02-09-2015, 03:52 AM
:tu

Need something good to watch on Sundays

baseline bum
02-09-2015, 07:57 AM
:tu

Need something good to watch on Sundays

It's running on Mondays though, starting with the second episode tonight at 9PM.

DJR210
02-09-2015, 09:10 AM
It's running on Mondays though, starting with the second episode tonight at 9PM.

Thanks for the heads up

DarrinS
02-09-2015, 10:16 AM
I don't like it being tied into the Breaking Bad ecosystem on the very first episode with Tuco at the end. I'll still give a chance for a few more episodes since Odenkirk is so fucking hilarious though.

Isn't that the whole point? To show how he became Saul Goodman?

baseline bum
02-09-2015, 10:52 AM
Isn't that the whole point? To show how he became Saul Goodman?

He seemed more ambulance chaser than anything when we were first introduced to him in Breaking Bad.

Darius McCrary
02-09-2015, 11:02 AM
Was a little slow, had its moments

Not sure if I like Tuco being in the show. I'll stick with it for a season. Hope it lives up to the hype.

InRareForm
02-09-2015, 05:10 PM
Solid. entertaining to see the poor lawyer struggle.

SnakeBoy
02-09-2015, 05:24 PM
He seemed more ambulance chaser than anything when we were first introduced to him in Breaking Bad.

Yeah they are going to have to develop him into something more than he was on BB. Sleazebag, cowardly lawyer won't be able to carry the show. Of course if they develop his character into something other than BB then it won't quite make sense either.

tp2021
02-09-2015, 06:21 PM
If there's any show that deserves the benefit of the doubt, it's this one. TWD, however, has been shitting harder and harder every week. Saul being on Monday means I'm probably not watching AMC on Sundays anymore.

baseline bum
02-09-2015, 06:46 PM
If there's any show that deserves the benefit of the doubt, it's this one. TWD, however, has been shitting harder and harder every week. Saul being on Monday means I'm probably not watching AMC on Sundays anymore.

I'll give it four or five episodes to see if it picks up.

baseline bum
02-09-2015, 06:49 PM
Yeah they are going to have to develop him into something more than he was on BB. Sleazebag, cowardly lawyer won't be able to carry the show. Of course if they develop his character into something other than BB then it won't quite make sense either.

The only two good spinoffs I ever saw were The Jeffersons and Frasier, and they both almost completely divorced themselves of their parent shows. I think the odds are against this one when they had no ideas other than have Tuco there on the very first night.

Darius McCrary
02-09-2015, 08:13 PM
Frasier was pure mung

Good times was a good spin off

so was Maude....Adrienne Barbaeu's titties were epic

baseline bum
02-09-2015, 10:40 PM
This episode isn't too good either.

Jacob1983
02-10-2015, 12:41 AM
Not good? Did you not see psycho Tuco?

DeadlyDynasty
02-10-2015, 12:48 AM
Still better than 95% of the shit on TV. This superhero and/or supernatural kick the networks are on is fucking played out and just plain faggy.

DJR210
02-10-2015, 01:08 AM
Biznatch?!

InRareForm
02-10-2015, 01:28 AM
It feels like more of a comedy. And that's okay. I liked 2nd episode.

Jacob1983
02-10-2015, 01:51 AM
I think kids are calling it a dramedy.

SnakeBoy
02-10-2015, 02:34 AM
It was alright. I'll watch it for awhile to see where they take it, but if it continues down the sort of comedy/Breaking Bad without Walt&Jesse road then I'll probably get bored with it.

mavsfan1000
02-10-2015, 04:33 AM
Another awesome episode.

CosmicCowboy
02-10-2015, 07:51 AM
That black and white opening series in the first show...the guy that worked at Cinnabon and lived alone....are we supposed to know who that was? Did anyone understand that part?

JudynTX
02-10-2015, 09:54 AM
That black and white opening series in the first show...the guy that worked at Cinnabon and lived alone....are we supposed to know who that was? Did anyone understand that part?

I'm understanding that to be what his life was like "after" Breaking Bad. After his new alias kicked in.

I think we will see many more characters from BB on the show, it is supposed to be what his life was before Jessie/Walt.

unleashbaynes
02-10-2015, 09:59 AM

That's Saul in the future. So we know from the beginning that he ends up in some sort of witness protection.

Loving it so far. I expect a few more "slow" episodes before it really picks up. They have to ease you into Saul's world, show you how he was and what he dealt with BEFORE he turned into Saul. He was just James McGill, working PD cases and trying to land something big to get his name out there.

Interesting the way he meets Tuco. He talks them all out of death like 2-3 times. You can kinda see that he's realizing his potential there. I wonder how Mike will tie into all of it.

cantthinkofanything
02-10-2015, 10:18 AM
Loved the first 2. Odenkirk and that writing makes Saul such a watchable character. Wasn't dissappointed at all to see Tuco again either. He's such a badass nut.
Lived up to my expectations.

Spur-Addict
02-10-2015, 01:41 PM
I am trying not to make much of a definitive statement yet, there were some good moments, and some lulls so far. The leg breaking scene was morbidly hilarious though

Brunodf
02-10-2015, 08:13 PM
Good show but a bit Slow tbh

DeadlyDynasty
02-10-2015, 11:04 PM
^Sleepy Hollow fan

InRareForm
02-10-2015, 11:25 PM
tough critics with it "being too slow..." usually the first episodes are lol

mavsfan1000
02-11-2015, 04:21 AM
You are the worst lawyer ever. Hey I reduced your death sentence to 6 month probation. Lol

mavsfan1000
02-17-2015, 05:46 AM
This show is getting intense. Loving the suspense.

DeadlyDynasty
02-17-2015, 09:20 AM
Here's Johnny!

mrsmaalox
02-17-2015, 11:09 AM
I watched the first 3 episodes this weekend, quite enjoyed it. Saul was one of my favorite BB characters. I still love the flashback/foreshadowing style. I'm very curious to see how Jimmy McGill can transform himself into Saul Goodman without leaving Albuquerque or changing his appearance.

Spur|n|Austin
02-17-2015, 11:23 AM
The show is great so far, imo. Has the works of a great show in the making, I'm excited to see how things keep developing.

baseline bum
02-17-2015, 12:13 PM
Last night's episode was awesome.

DJR210
02-17-2015, 12:45 PM
tough critics with it "being too slow..." usually the first episodes are lol

Not holding it to the same standard, but fwiw by the second episode of Breaking Bad I was hooked..I agree this show is progressing much slower

SnakeBoy
02-17-2015, 02:32 PM
If you take away the Breaking Bad nostalgia this series is average at best. Last nights episode was good but you'd think they would realize that just putting a wig on the old ass cast doesn't make them look younger.

InRareForm
02-17-2015, 08:48 PM
Great episode last night! Sauls one liners are hilarious

monosylab1k
02-20-2015, 04:18 PM

This is a joke, right?

FkLA
02-20-2015, 08:57 PM
Saul is a great character. I'm hooked already tbh.

Bender
02-20-2015, 09:08 PM
Mike is looking old...

baseline bum
03-09-2015, 09:31 PM
The series started off slow, but I gotta say it's getting pretty interesting now. I'm glad Ehrmantraut has such a big role in this show, he's an awesome character.

.G.
03-09-2015, 09:32 PM
Mike the cop killa

.G.
03-09-2015, 09:59 PM
Beautiful how Mike gunned down those pigs.

"Kicking, squealing, gucci little piggies..."

Juggity
03-09-2015, 10:06 PM
imo, that was a pretty boring episode outside of the confrontation at the end. Mike's story leaves me cold.

The rest of the episodes so far have been much better.

baseline bum
03-09-2015, 10:51 PM
imo, that was a pretty boring episode outside of the confrontation at the end. Mike's story leaves me cold.

The rest of the episodes so far have been much better.

Really? I thought it was an interesting insight into who Ehrmantraut was. You never learned a whole lot about him in Breaking Bad, and he's a fascinating character.

Juggity
03-09-2015, 10:55 PM
Really? I thought it was an interesting insight into who Ehrmantraut was. You never learned a whole lot about him in Breaking Bad, and he's a fascinating character.

I don't know, I guess my perception is that Banks is not that great an actor and his character just kind of annoys me with his deliberate slowness. This episode was probably the most range he's ever shown as an actor, so I give him credit for that, but overall I've been getting used to the fast-paced and lighthearted Saul-driven episodes, and I just feel like Mike is dragging the show down a bit. I was never a huge fan of him in Breaking Bad either tbh.

mrsmaalox
03-10-2015, 09:56 AM
Great episode last night!

mavsfan1000
03-11-2015, 03:51 AM
Better Call Mike. I like Saul better as a role player. Not the leader.

unleashbaynes
03-11-2015, 09:46 AM
Nice to get some back story on Mike......dudes a bad mofo.

Jacob1983
03-12-2015, 02:22 AM
People have to forget about Saul from Breaking Bad and realize this is about Jimmy McGill. I think he's an interesting enough character to be the lead of this show.

cantthinkofanything
03-22-2015, 10:09 PM
Finally caught the last two episodes. I like the backstory on Mike and how he eventually will become Sauls go to guy. But Odenkirk carries the show. Tormented Jimmy trying to do the right thing.

cantthinkofanything
03-22-2015, 10:17 PM
I don't know, I guess my perception is that Banks is not that great an actor and his character just kind of annoys me with his deliberate slowness. This episode was probably the most range he's ever shown as an actor, so I give him credit for that, but overall I've been getting used to the fast-paced and lighthearted Saul-driven episodes, and I just feel like Mike is dragging the show down a bit. I was never a huge fan of him in Breaking Bad either tbh.Banks do what he do. Basically reprising his role from Wise Guy. But he has shown some range these last two weeks. He was obviously a character that interested people watching BB. I don't think they will need to give him any more full episodes. But I'm glad they spent the time to fill us in.

FkLA
03-31-2015, 02:56 AM
I keep waiting for Jimmy McGill to turn into Saul Goodman but it doesn't look like it's happening this season. The dude just can't catch a break. What Chuck said to him at the end of this last episode was fucked up, felt bad for my nigga Saul tbh.

cantthinkofanything
03-31-2015, 08:32 AM
I keep waiting for Jimmy McGill to turn into Saul Goodman but it doesn't look like it's happening this season. The dude just can't catch a break. What Chuck said to him at the end of this last episode was fucked up, felt bad for my nigga Saul tbh.

IDK. At first, I thought Jimmy wasn't going to let on to Chuck that he knew. But I'm thinking that conversation was what's going to move him to become Saul. He tried to get ahead by working hard and the comments from his brother may have convinced him that he'll never be a "real lawyer". If I had to guess, I'd say that the next episode ends up with more disappointment for Jimmy and the final scence of the season shows him with a name change to Saul Goodman.

In any event, I really like the show.

mrsmaalox
03-31-2015, 09:17 AM
I really like it too. I didn't understand a few weeks ago why some posters were complaining about the Chuck storyline, it has been my favorite all series. The flashbacks in the first few episodes showed the dislike and lack of respect Chuck has for Jimmy, then his EMF hypersensitivity kind of equalizes them. Chuck counts on Jimmy for his adl needs and Jimmy takes on a caretaker role giving him the opportunity to pay back the times Chuck has gotten him out of trouble. But as soon as Chuck starts to emerge and feel better, he's able to manipulate the power balance back for his own advantage. On Breaking Bad, I always found Saul to be a sympathetic character, under his flamboyance was a lot of common sense. And like Mike, I've really enjoyed seeing how they became who they are.

cantthinkofanything
03-31-2015, 09:59 AM
I really like it too. I didn't understand a few weeks ago why some posters were complaining about the Chuck storyline, it has been my favorite all series. The flashbacks in the first few episodes showed the dislike and lack of respect Chuck has for Jimmy, then his EMF hypersensitivity kind of equalizes them. Chuck counts on Jimmy for his adl needs and Jimmy takes on a caretaker role giving him the opportunity to pay back the times Chuck has gotten him out of trouble. But as soon as Chuck starts to emerge and feel better, he's able to manipulate the power balance back for his own advantage. On Breaking Bad, I always found Saul to be a sympathetic character, under his flamboyance was a lot of common sense. And like Mike, I've really enjoyed seeing how they became who they are.

Yeah, I think the character development are why this and Breaking Bad are so good. They could have easily just focused on Saul and not go into Chuck or Mike's background. But the fact they do take time to develop those characters gives insight into why they (especially Chuck) interact with Saul like they do. Which in turn enhances the story line. Just really well done. I find myself watching it and trying to figure out how much ahead of time they plan all of the different characters nuances. And as shady as Saul and Mike are, they're certainly likeable. Even developing Howard and showing that as unlikeable as he is, he has some conflicts in treating Saul like he does (or is forced to). All great stuff. Hate that the season is almost over.

baseline bum
03-31-2015, 04:47 PM
I really had my doubts early on, but this is becoming a truly great show. And I think Chuck is right about Saul. So much of that case is Chuck's. He was the one putting together the shredded documents while Saul was napping on the couch. Cold as fuck the way he leads Jimmy on to be his errand boy though. To be the one meeting with the old people, to be the one dumpster diving. I bet Chuck dies the next episode.

FkLA
03-31-2015, 08:17 PM
I really had my doubts early on, but this is becoming a truly great show. And I think Chuck is right about Saul. So much of that case is Chuck's. He was the one putting together the shredded documents while Saul was napping on the couch. Cold as fuck the way he leads Jimmy on to be his errand boy though. To be the one meeting with the old people, to be the one dumpster diving. I bet Chuck dies the next episode.

Nah, brah. Jimmy did all the legwork...stumbling into it was bc of the relationships he built with the elderly and the dumpster diving was all him not Chuck's idea. Chuck put the shredded documents together bc an exhausted Jimmy served them to him on a silver platter. There was a shitload of them too so I'm sure Jimmy put his share of them together.

I mean he asked him for advice but it's his fucking brother. I'd have asked for advice too.

unleashbaynes
03-31-2015, 11:11 PM
Chuck is cold as fuck for doing jimmy like that. Tbf though, jimmy should just take the money and pursue his own career. He's better than HHM.

Jacob1983
03-31-2015, 11:36 PM
Has Jimmy fucked Kim before? Are they friends with benefits? I definitely agree that Chuck is cold as fuck. I think he is jealous of how successful Jimmy has become in a short amount of time. He's mad that he's an agoraphobic wimp and Jimmy is busting his ass for his clients. Is Tuco going to be in the season finale? I want to see another scene with Mike and Nacho.

DD
04-01-2015, 11:44 AM
https://caracaschronicles.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/i-know-it-was-you-fredo.jpg

bigzak25
04-02-2015, 12:41 PM
Shame there is only one episode left this year...show is great. And fuck Jimmy brother after that shit...

cantthinkofanything
04-02-2015, 01:41 PM
Shame there is only one episode left this year...show is great. And fuck Jimmy brother after that shit...

I haven't looked. I hope it's at least 1 1/2 hours.

FlAVaK
04-02-2015, 06:42 PM
Sneak Peek: http://www.amctv.com/better-call-saul/videos/sneak-peek-episode-110-better-call-saul-marco

FlAVaK
04-02-2015, 06:44 PM
I haven't looked. I hope it's at least 1 1/2 hours.

Looks like it´s as long as the others: http://www.amctv.com/schedule#series/Better-Call-Saul

~O~
04-02-2015, 10:05 PM
His own brother all this time.....

Malik Hairston
04-02-2015, 10:19 PM
Damn, the season is already over? Smh..

I didn't really buy the criticism from people from the onset, tbh, I've been hooked since the 1st episode..the Breaking Bad factor is both a positive/negative, for obvious reasons, which is the reason for the mixed reviews at the beginning IMO..the show has built it's own identity, at this point, though, fortunately..

Chuck's actions were justifiable IMO..nepotism/helping your family is one thing, but working hard for years to reach your status, and watching somebody(even your own brother) take a fast shortcut to reach your level would be pretty frustrating, tbh..

Thebesteva
04-03-2015, 04:45 AM
Love this show, it's very different from BB but it still feels like the BB universe.

FlAVaK
04-07-2015, 06:31 AM
great season finale :bobo

Ironically, this refusal to be daring is the most daring thing the show could have done. Written and directed by Peter Gould, the co-creator of both the character and his solo series, tonight's episode — "Marco" — played out with the confidence that we didn't need to see fireworks to enjoy the show. And you know what? That's probably right.

http://www.rollingstone.com/tv/recaps/better-call-saul-recap-go-east-young-man-20150406

FkLA
04-07-2015, 12:12 PM
^Idk Im a big fan of show but the finale did feel underwhelming. Not a bad episode but I was expecting something spectacular tbh.

JMarkJohns
04-07-2015, 12:46 PM
Why is it underwhelming that we see the central character have his life altering epiphany over the value or right/wrong/hardwork. The series ends with Jimmy becoming Saul. He's never going to make the mistake of playing it straight again, of working harder than everyone for nothing to show for it. The week in Chicago told him two things: 1., he's damn good at hustling, 2. Life is too short to not hustle.

In the end, everyone dies. How you go out is the one thing you have say over. Marco died with a smile on his face. Jimmy wants that.

baseline bum
04-07-2015, 03:40 PM
http://i.imgur.com/K3yaOVu.jpg

:lmao

Spur|n|Austin
04-08-2015, 12:16 AM

Thats awesome :lol

unleashbaynes
04-08-2015, 08:06 AM
All that shit Jimmy was doing for Chuck and the guy can't even give him a spot at HHM. I know Jimmy owed Chuck a lot but he had his shit straightened and the dude was completely dependant on him. He was on the right track. Chuck made him go back to Slippin Jimmy. Chuck created Saul.

cantthinkofanything
04-08-2015, 08:56 AM

LOL. I'm assuming that's real? I don't remember it. Great catch.

cantthinkofanything
04-08-2015, 09:02 AM
^Idk Im a big fan of show but the finale did feel underwhelming. Not a bad episode but I was expecting something spectacular tbh.

Why is it underwhelming that we see the central character have his life altering epiphany over the value or right/wrong/hardwork. The series ends with Jimmy becoming Saul. He's never going to make the mistake of playing it straight again, of working harder than everyone for nothing to show for it. The week in Chicago told him two things: 1., he's damn good at hustling, 2. Life is too short to not hustle.

In the end, everyone dies. How you go out is the one thing you have say over. Marco died with a smile on his face. Jimmy wants that.

I know what you're saying about underwhelming for a season finale but I thought it was a pretty good ending. I like that they didn't leave it on a cliffhanger. The first season is a complete stand alone story on it's own and if it didn't return, you're not left wondering what happened. Maybe they spent too much time with him in Chicago. Liked the ending and even though I knew what was coming, I was still pulling for Jimmy to go in and take the solid job in the end.

Sucks now that it's the waiting game. Hopefully next season, they get picked up for more episodes than the 1st. Although not if they have to sacrifice good writing.

baseline bum
07-27-2015, 11:51 PM
Holy shit, I never realized this was Trevor from GTA V getting his ass kicked by Mike in the episode Pimento. :lol

jS6kAKj8R9o

Spur|n|Austin
07-28-2015, 09:33 AM
Oh shit that is Trevor :lol nice

FkLA
02-12-2016, 03:26 PM
Friendly reminder that Season 2 starts Monday brahs.

SpursforSix
02-12-2016, 03:38 PM
:toast

UZER
02-12-2016, 09:12 PM
Friendly reminder that Season 2 starts Monday brahs.

Thanks dude. Set the DVR.

pgardn
02-12-2016, 10:23 PM
:toast

Bend over and I'll show you :toast

DeadlyDynasty
02-16-2016, 01:49 PM
:lolthat clown with the hummer

SpursforSix
02-16-2016, 09:46 PM
Glad this is back on

bigzak25
02-17-2016, 12:48 AM
Yeah, me too. And my oldest boy is only 9, but he watched it with me...I'm gonna get him into it...

Xevious
02-17-2016, 02:17 PM
Just started watching season one (think I've watched three episodes). I was skeptical at first because I wasn't sure about the prequel format, but I like it so far. :tu

baseline bum
02-17-2016, 05:12 PM
Just started watching season one (think I've watched three episodes). I was skeptical at first because I wasn't sure about the prequel format, but I like it so far. :tu

I really love the way the show has integrated Ehrmantraut. It just keeps getting better throughout the season.

InRareForm
02-17-2016, 07:23 PM
great scene with them hustling the wall street joker

SpursforSix
02-24-2016, 03:21 PM
Nice 2nd episode. Quickly developing the season.

.G.
02-24-2016, 03:40 PM
I always liked that crazy nigga Tuco.

FkLA
02-24-2016, 09:52 PM
TWC needs to get their shit together. Still haven't put up Ep. 2 on demand smh.

DMC
02-25-2016, 12:18 AM
First season left me feeling like perhaps I am one of Slippin' Jimmy's marks. I mean, perhaps it's just me but I'm always looking for how this connects to Breaking Bad. I see characters from that show and wonder how they will eventually become part of the Heisenberg/Jesse connection, how did they get to that point. I am not concerned with Jimmy's path. He's interesting, no doubt, but not much. He's a genuine soul, or so it seems, and he's set on pleasing his bigger brother, to make him proud. At the end of the season we see the Saul come out, when yet another shitty thing happens to Jimmy. It was non stop bad luck for Jimmy, an entire season of it, getting fucked at every turn and you could predict everything in advance because of it. Who didn't know the shredded paper was in another container? So yeah, I feel like they are just milking more out of BB, but it's not bad. I find myself FFWing through some of the dialogue between Mike and his daughter. I am done with Mike, was done with in in BB. I have no concern for him.

Just a group of out of work actors getting together to squeeze the last bit of whatever out of that series.

Xevious
02-26-2016, 08:24 PM
Just finished season one. Jesus I was laughing my ass off at Jimmy's "Chicago sunroof" meltdown during the bingo game. :lol

Looking forward to season 2.

JMarkJohns
02-27-2016, 12:54 PM
Squat Cobbler for the win...

Xevious
02-27-2016, 03:07 PM
:lolthat clown with the hummer

"Playah" on the license plate. :lol

I love this show.

FuzzyLumpkins
02-27-2016, 03:19 PM
I really love the way the show has integrated Ehrmantraut. It just keeps getting better throughout the season.

Yeah he is one the best antihero's I've ever seen written/acted.

Boogie Munster
02-29-2016, 11:21 PM
That last episode. Damn. Who the hell is Mike going to get? And the cracks of Saul is showing in Jimmy with undermining his bosses with the commercial. A few episodes in and this season is already better than the first.

SpursforSix
03-01-2016, 11:11 PM
That last episode. Damn. Who the hell is Mike going to get? And the cracks of Saul is showing in Jimmy with undermining his bosses with the commercial. A few episodes in and this season is already better than the first.

Each episode this season has been better than the last. That hour goes by way too quick. Can't tell if his daughter in law is crazy or just a liar.

InRareForm
03-01-2016, 11:29 PM
i love premium channels because episodes are about an hour long... and these cable shows are a 35 minute show.

however, this season has been great so far. A few notches below Breaking Bad level.

SpursforSix
03-02-2016, 10:01 AM
i love premium channels because episodes are about an hour long... and these cable shows are a 35 minute show.

however, this season has been great so far. A few notches below Breaking Bad level.

Definitely not Breaking Bad. But I would put it closer than a few notches. Even though it's doesn't have the action of BB, it moves along and keeps me interested for the full show.

Thebesteva
03-02-2016, 11:42 PM
Great show...love it. Am I the only one that loves Mike's story line much more than Saul's at this point? Saul's drags a bit with all the law firm drama but Mike's scenes are the shit.

FkLA
03-03-2016, 12:42 AM
I don't mind Mike's storyline but Jimmy is what makes the show tbh.

Thebesteva
03-03-2016, 01:14 AM
I don't mind Mike's storyline but Jimmy is what makes the show tbh.

Bend over I'll give you a jimmy

03-03-2016, 09:24 AM
Can't tell if his daughter in law is crazy or just a liar.

I'm wondering about that too...though I have no idea what her angle might be if she's lying

SpursforSix
03-03-2016, 09:58 AM
I'm wondering about that too...though I have no idea what her angle might be if she's lying

I was thinking that maybe she's trying to con her way to a nicer place. But I'm leaning toward her being a little nuts.

mrsmaalox
03-03-2016, 10:41 AM
I was thinking that maybe she's trying to con her way to a nicer place. But I'm leaning toward her being a little nuts.

I think she's just bracing Mike for when she breaks it to him that she's moving in with some guy who owns a big house in a good neighborhood.

But I havent seen the latest so I don't know if anything came of that.

JMarkJohns
03-03-2016, 11:01 AM
In one way Better Call Saul is better than Breaking Bad:

It has stronger, more established characters and a cohesive initial story for its first 15 episodes.

If you're honest with yourself, BB had several flaws early, then found a stride mid-way through season 2. The writers' strike combined with shifts in character narrative made for some abrupt shifts the first few seasons. The brilliance of the show was it embraced the inconsistencies, wrote them into the complex nature of the story, and both transcended the early issues as well as maximized their potential within the story arc, so it's almost nothing when both Jessie and Walt go full 180 in a matter of episodes, followed by another full 180, because that's. Who they are. They have moments of badass followed by moments of punks as. They have times of without conscience, and moments ruled by conscience.

Truth, the greatness of BCS is that it took two of the most steady, most consistent characters from BB and added complexity to their straight-forwardness.

So, at the beginning, it's a stronger, more coherent story.

SpursforSix
03-03-2016, 11:04 AM
I think she's just bracing Mike for when she breaks it to him that she's moving in with some guy who owns a big house in a good neighborhood.

But I havent seen the latest so I don't know if anything came of that.

Mike got super pissed and shot her and his granddaughter.

SpursforSix
03-03-2016, 11:07 AM

It has stronger, more established characters and a cohesive initial story for its first 15 episodes.

If you're honest with yourself, BB had several flaws early, then found a stride mid-way through season 2. The writers' strike combined with shifts in character narrative made for some abrupt shifts the first few seasons. The brilliance of the show was it embraced the inconsistencies, wrote them into the complex nature of the story, and both transcended the early issues as well as maximized their potential within the story arc, so it's almost nothing when both Jessie and Walt go full 180 in a matter of episodes, followed by another full 180, because that's. Who they are. They have moments of badass followed by moments of punks as. They have times of without conscience, and moments ruled by conscience.

Truth, the greatness of BCS is that it took two of the most steady, most consistent characters from BB and added complexity to their straight-forwardness.

I agree with this take. Of course, out of necessity for the crazier story line, BB needed to take more liberties.
But I am enjoying BCS as much as I did BB I think. Especially this season.

FkLA
03-03-2016, 11:21 AM
Mike got super pissed and shot her and his granddaughter.

:lol

03-03-2016, 11:50 AM

I agree...I actually fell asleep several times watching season 1 of BB :lol

That fly episode was an absolute snooze fest too and anyone who thinks it had some incredible deeper secret meaning is a pseudo intellectual tbh...the writers probably laugh their asses off at some of the theories that float around lmao

JMarkJohns
03-03-2016, 01:05 PM
Breaking Bad just simply didn't know what it was or where it was going for almost two full seasons. The characters were all over the place in mentality, actions, conscience, and their character arcs at times felt over the top and other times felt underwhelming.

Ultimately this made the characters real, if not identifiable. Most tv characters are too perfect, even in their imperfection, where they are actually a bit off-putting because everything works out for them. It's one of my many complaints about Walking Dead.

Thus far Better Call Saul has stronger, more defined characters in an already known story arc, and while these characters are closer to perfect than imperfect, and are more consistent than inconsistent, ultimately things aren't working perfectly for the characters, so they still feel real, even if some of the storylines have been pretty absurd: I see you, Squat Cobbler!

baseline bum
03-10-2016, 11:12 AM
So Chuck was right to keep Jimmy out of his law firm. LOL at him making his new firm look like ambulance chasers with that commercial.

03-12-2016, 06:24 PM
So Chuck was right to keep Jimmy out of his law firm. LOL at him making his new firm look like ambulance chasers with that commercial.
But look at how many calls they got!!!

SpursforSix
03-15-2016, 10:52 PM
Last episode was kind of slow but probably necessary to set up the rest of the season. The Mike scenes are always good to keep a little action involved though.

InRareForm
03-16-2016, 08:31 AM
Yeah definitely the weakest episode this season.. but overall still good

UZER
03-16-2016, 09:27 AM
Yeah definitely the weakest episode this season.. but overall still good

But that last scene was worth it.

baseline bum
03-16-2016, 12:09 PM
I really liked the episode. You see Kim putting in all this work to try to get out of the basement and then Howard shoots her down just like Chuck did Jimmy. Makes you wonder if she's going to become a crook down the road too thanks to Saul. Makes you wonder if she'll end up in jail after following his lead.

UZER
03-16-2016, 12:26 PM
Is the black lady at the county office the one who becomes his secretary in BB?

baseline bum
03-16-2016, 12:46 PM
Is the black lady at the county office the one who becomes his secretary in BB?

I thought his secretary was a fat Mexican woman with big tits in BB.

JMarkJohns
03-16-2016, 12:59 PM
I thought his secretary was a fat Mexican woman with big tits in BB.

I think she was white, and she didn't just have big tits, she had sugar tits!

UZER
03-16-2016, 01:43 PM
Maybe I'm confusing her with the big black dude security that was always falling asleep.

baseline bum
03-16-2016, 04:25 PM
I think she was white, and she didn't just have big tits, she had sugar tits!

You're right, I was thinking Mexican because of her name.

Bender
03-21-2016, 10:30 PM
Hector and his cartel hit-man kids from BB in the show now...

mrsmaalox
03-22-2016, 11:47 AM
I think this series has lost me. I love the character Saul/Jimmy, he was one of my favorites from BB. They are just too much in a hurry to capitalize on BB (esp the characters I disliked the most). I wanted to see a full development of Jimmy/Saul's story and the people in his life but so far it's just a prequel to BB and I've been over BB for a while so I just can't find much to be interested in so far this season.

JMarkJohns
03-22-2016, 05:34 PM
It's not really. Mike is a sub-story, and I'm starting to feel a very important one.

Almost 30 of the 40 nightly minutes are dedicated to Jimmy.

baseline bum
03-22-2016, 05:47 PM
So Jimmy's exit from Davis & Main will come from representing Mike at his trial on the gun charge. I'm still wondering if he gets Kim killed on one of their bar scams before the season ends, or if he just finds a way to get her disbarred.

FromWayDowntown
03-22-2016, 05:50 PM
I find the series fascinating. There are hints of Breaking Bad all around -- partly because you can't tell the stories of Mike and Saul/Jimmy without starting to develop why they are where they are when we meet them in BB and partly because it's fun for fans to try to find those hints. But they're meticulously weaving the backstories of these characters to get us to the point where BCS will actually catch up with where they are in BB.

I find it interesting that by the time we see Saul in BB, the people who have surrounded him in BCS basically appear to be gone from his life -- there's no hint of Kim or Chuck or Howard or Davis & Main. Saul is not just a different name for Jimmy McGill; he's going to essentially become a different person with a different life. Meanwhile, Mike is Mike throughout and the people who are close to him in BCS are still around him when we catch up to him in BB.

baseline bum
03-22-2016, 06:14 PM
I find the series fascinating. There are hints of Breaking Bad all around -- partly because you can't tell the stories of Mike and Saul/Jimmy without starting to develop why they are where they are when we meet them in BB and partly because it's fun for fans to try to find those hints. But they're meticulously weaving the backstories of these characters to get us to the point where BCS will actually catch up with where they are in BB.

I find it interesting that by the time we see Saul in BB, the people who have surrounded him in BCS basically appear to be gone from his life -- there's no hint of Kim or Chuck or Howard or Davis & Main. Saul is not just a different name for Jimmy McGill; he's going to essentially become a different person with a different life. Meanwhile, Mike is Mike throughout and the people who are close to him in BCS are still around him when we catch up to him in BB.

To me Jimmy has always been Saul. He tried to be on good behavior at Davis and Main in the beginning, but it's not him: he has always been a conman, whether stealing from his dad's business, running scams with his friend in Chicago, dressing up like a cowboy to illegally recruit people on that Sandpiper tour bus, scamming that dude into buying he and Kim a whole bottle of $50 a shot tequila, etc. I don't see character transformation in Better Call Saul like I did seeing Walter White go from angry failure schoolteacher to Scarface. I expect Chuck to be dead at some point this season, I think Jimmy will finally destroy Kim, and he's already burned bridges at HH&M and Davis & Main. Good luck ever getting another job at a reputable firm in New Mexico after that.

Bender
03-22-2016, 07:50 PM
They are just too much in a hurry to capitalize on BB (esp the characters I disliked the most).

When Walter White was complaining to Saul about his low sales volume on street corners (using Jesse's friends), Saul is the one who pointed him to Tuco... with a warning. So the Tuco/Hector/cartel plot line in BCS is only natural. I didn't care for Tuco in BB either though.

Mike is looking old & feeble. If they drag it out too many seasons/years, Mike will be looking 80.

Xevious
03-22-2016, 08:00 PM
When Walter White was complaining to Saul about his low sales volume on street corners (using Jesse's friends), Saul is the one who pointed him to Tuco... with a warning. So the Tuco/Hector/cartel plot line in BCS is only natural.
I think you are confusing Tuco with Gus. Tuco was dead a couple seasons before Saul even made his first appearance.

baseline bum
03-22-2016, 08:05 PM
I think you are confusing Tuco with Gus. Tuco was dead a couple seasons before Saul even made his first appearance.

Yeah, Tuco was a hookup Jesse got from Skinny Pete since they jailed together.

Bender
03-22-2016, 08:11 PM
hmmm... I could have sworn that Saul told WW he knew a volume dealer and it was Tuco, but yeah, it was Fring.

you're both right...Tuco was way back during the first season.

Boogie Munster
03-22-2016, 08:28 PM
hmmm... I could have sworn that Saul told WW he knew a volume dealer and it was Tuco, but yeah, it was Fring.

you're both right...Tuco was way back during the first season.

Jesse gets hooked up with Tuco because Skinny Pete was friends with him in prison. So the show has now explained why Tuco was in prison. It's all in the same universe and it was always meant to be. You can't have one without the other.

Boogie Munster
03-22-2016, 08:29 PM
Baseline beat me to it.

FromWayDowntown
03-22-2016, 08:35 PM
To me Jimmy has always been Saul. He tried to be on good behavior at Davis and Main in the beginning, but it's not him: he has always been a conman, whether stealing from his dad's business, running scams with his friend in Chicago, dressing up like a cowboy to illegally recruit people on that Sandpiper tour bus, scamming that dude into buying he and Kim a whole bottle of $50 a shot tequila, etc. I don't see character transformation in Better Call Saul like I did seeing Walter White go from angry failure schoolteacher to Scarface. I expect Chuck to be dead at some point this season, I think Jimmy will finally destroy Kim, and he's already burned bridges at HH&M and Davis & Main. Good luck ever getting another job at a reputable firm in New Mexico after that.

That's all true from a behavioral standpoint. I think my point is more that from a social aspect, it seems likely that the life that Jimmy leads is different than the life that Saul leads and probably because the choice to overtly embrace what Saul costs those relationships for a variety of reasons.

mrsmaalox
03-23-2016, 11:38 AM
Eh you guys are probably right but I just haven't found much to be fascinated by. I guess I was expecting something else instead of just a background of how the BB characters came to be. BUT it took me a couple of seasons to get into BB also. I'll probably let it end and then binge watch the season, see if I feel differently.

InRareForm
03-23-2016, 12:05 PM
Sit back and enjoy, everyone is tooooo much of a critic these days on fun shows like BCS

baseline bum
03-23-2016, 12:16 PM
That's all true from a behavioral standpoint. I think my point is more that from a social aspect, it seems likely that the life that Jimmy leads is different than the life that Saul leads and probably because the choice to overtly embrace what Saul costs those relationships for a variety of reasons.

Isn't he back in the nail salon when we get introduced to him in BB? I think this Ehrmentraut gun charge is going to be the thing that pushes him from Jimmy to Saul and back to hustling for everything like at the beginning of the series. Though with Hector looking healthy and Krazy Eight looking so young it still looks like it's a few years before he gets introduced to Walt, so Gilligan looks like he still has a ton of time to play with.

UZER
03-23-2016, 01:57 PM
BCS is great. Love the BB tie-ins. They're well written, not like Lucas prequels which forced everything :lol.

Mikes story is good. Just knowing how he gets done in seems unworthy now.

JMarkJohns
03-23-2016, 09:32 PM
I'm curious if Mike contributes to Hector's state of bell-ringing.

Seems more like old age and stroke, but he has his faculties, just not functionalities. Would make sense in him becoming Gustavo #1 muscle.

As for Jimmy, I already know. I watch Jimmy for the dialogue. It's impeccable. Layers of nuance.

With every episode I'm more and more intrigued.

JudynTX
03-24-2016, 11:51 AM
Sit back and enjoy, everyone is tooooo much of a critic these days on fun shows like BCS

Agree. We dissect the shit out of shows. I'm just enjoying the ride.

The Salamanca twins scare me.

SpursforSix
03-28-2016, 09:02 AM
Another good episode. It's the shortest 45 minutes on TV. Sometimes I wish I would just DVR the season and binge watch it.
Such a great job with the writing and casting. No weak characters imo which makes all the scenes stand up. Even the ones not involving the main characters.

Love the Jimmy story line for sure but more and more I find myself wanting to get to the Mike scenes.

JMarkJohns
03-29-2016, 01:56 AM
The toilet flushing scene reminded me of one of my goddamn hippie roommates.

Thankfully the little shit sniffer only last a month. I happily paid a bit extra in rent to get that fecal keeper out of the house.

SpursforSix
03-29-2016, 03:32 PM
Great episode last night imo. Pretty light on the Mike story line but it went along way in developing Jimmy and Kim's paths. Really well done. I thought the scene with Jimmy staring at the wind puppet and the ties was pretty damn cool.

2 possibly anachronisms:

1) did they even have those wind puppets at that time?
2) Jimmy uses a juicer in the office and I'm not sure they had that back then. If so, they didn't bother to try to find an old model. It looks like one from recently.

No big deal.

JMarkJohns
03-29-2016, 06:01 PM
Back then? What time frame are you giving this? I'm guessing 2005-2007 range.

They certainly had juicers and inflatables in 2005.

Maybe not that model of juicer, but now we are nitpicking.

I actually didn't care for the inflatable and hate when decisions for characters are random acts of chance or coincidence.

I'd have rather Jimmy just been Jimmy, not Jimmy mimicking the look of a driven past inflatable.

SpursforSix
03-29-2016, 06:28 PM
Back then? What time frame are you giving this? I'm guessing 2005-2007 range.

They certainly had juicers and inflatables in 2005.

Maybe not that model of juicer, but now we are nitpicking.

I actually didn't care for the inflatable and hate when decisions for characters are random acts of chance or coincidence.

I'd have rather Jimmy just been Jimmy, not Jimmy mimicking the look of a driven past inflatable.

Shit...maybe you're right. For some reason, I was thinking it was further back.

Xevious
03-30-2016, 10:06 AM
Yeah, it's early 2000s at most. In fact I think I remember seeing the year typed somewhere, but I don't remember what it said.

SpursforSix
04-05-2016, 09:45 PM
Damn Jimmy.

InRareForm
04-06-2016, 12:42 AM
Jimmy is the best commercial director

SpursforSix
04-06-2016, 09:21 AM
What a great show. I find myself getting anxious though anytime something good happens because I know at some point, it'll fall to shit. Especially with Kim and her career and relationship with Jimmy.

UZER
04-06-2016, 09:44 AM
Jimmy gets angry when you mess with his girl.

leemajors
04-06-2016, 10:13 AM
What a great show. I find myself getting anxious though anytime something good happens because I know at some point, it'll fall to shit. Especially with Kim and her career and relationship with Jimmy.

His brother is just a dick.

UZER
04-06-2016, 11:29 AM
His brother is just a dick.

But he really isn't. He's right about Jimmy. He knows him better than anyone.

SpursforSix
04-06-2016, 11:31 AM
But he really isn't. He's right about Jimmy. He knows him better than anyone.

He's part of the problem and one of the factors that didn't allow Jimmy a path change earlier on.
And in light of Jimmy taking care of him?
He's a dick.

JMarkJohns
04-06-2016, 11:38 AM
Jimmy is a chimp with a machine gun. He is absolutely dangerous to any legitimate operation.

He does a lot of it for the best of reasons or best of logic, but we all know how he ends up, so he's certainly not Robin Hood.

An aside, anyone else getting the vibe that Mike has something to do with putting Salamanca in that wheel chair? Gus hated Hector and loved/trusted Mike. Might be a logical tie in.

SpursforSix
04-06-2016, 11:42 AM
An aside, anyone else getting the vibe that Mike has something to do with putting Salamanca in that wheel chair? Gus hated Hector and loved/trusted Mike. Might be a logical tie in.

haven't thought about that but I bet you're right. Might even have to do with whatever Mike is making with the hose. Assuming a spike strip.

JMarkJohns
04-06-2016, 11:46 AM
haven't thought about that but I bet you're right. Might even have to do with whatever Mike is making with the hose. Assuming a spike strip.

I think it's gotta be.

I almost want to watch all of BB again just to see if there are any scenes with the pair interacting. I don't recall any. I think Gus always visited Hector alone, and when Mike went to Mexico with Gus/Jesse, Hector wasn't involved.

Still. I bet this is a thing.

Findog
04-07-2016, 02:00 PM
http://uproxx.com/tv/better-call-saul-kim-wexler-omaha/

One of the producers said they will eventually do a Gene in Nebraska episode. Why else would they be showing us these vignettes?

I think the big mystery of the show is exactly what happens that will cause Jimmy and Kim to part ways: does she die, possibly as a result of his descent into the criminal underworld, or does she leave him in disgust?

I wouldn't be surprised if she shows up at that Cinnabon to get a cinnamon roll.

Findog
04-07-2016, 02:02 PM
http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/for-petes-sake/article68400157.html

In season two of “Better Call Saul,” Wexler was spotted in a Royals T-shirt and it didn’t go unnoticed on social media.

We reached out to a source with AMC, which broadcasts the show, and were told that the T-shirt was was “a choice made with thought and intention.”

SpursforSix
04-07-2016, 02:08 PM
http://uproxx.com/tv/better-call-saul-kim-wexler-omaha/

One of the producers said they will eventually do a Gene in Nebraska episode. Why else would they be showing us these vignettes?

I think the big mystery of the show is exactly what happens that will cause Jimmy and Kim to part ways: does she die, possibly as a result of his descent into the criminal underworld, or does she leave him in disgust?

I wouldn't be surprised if she shows up at that Cinnabon to get a cinnamon roll.

I'm guessing that Jimmy ruins her career. As opposed to her dying. In BB, Jimmy doesn't seem to carry the weight of something like that on his hands.
Or quite possibly, Jimmy takes one more shot at playing straight but Kim leaves him anyway.

Findog
04-07-2016, 02:19 PM
I'm guessing that Jimmy ruins her career. As opposed to her dying. In BB, Jimmy doesn't seem to carry the weight of something like that on his hands.
Or quite possibly, Jimmy takes one more shot at playing straight but Kim leaves him anyway.

That's what I think too. Her association with him will blow up in her face. And this is a show that does nothing unintentionally: I wouldn't at all be surprised if she shows up at that Cinnabon.

SpursforSix
04-07-2016, 02:23 PM
That's what I think too. Her association with him will blow up in her face. And this is a show that does nothing unintentionally: I wouldn't at all be surprised if she shows up at that Cinnabon.

That would be a nice touch. I agree with you that it wouldn't be surprising.

Have they made any mention as to how long they are going to run the series? Do they already have it fully planned out?

Findog
04-07-2016, 02:48 PM
That would be a nice touch. I agree with you that it wouldn't be surprising.

Have they made any mention as to how long they are going to run the series? Do they already have it fully planned out?

http://callsaulnow.com/2015/04/17/how-many-seasons-of-better-call-saul/

In a way, Jimmy McGill will have to undergo a similar transformation. This one will result him in becoming the Saul Goodman that we saw on Breaking Bad. Peter Gould told The Independent that he thinks it will take five seasons to tell his story:

“We’re still figuring it out – but I think the upper limit would be what we did on Breaking Bad [5 seasons].”
As of now, fans should expect to see no more than five seasons of Better Call Saul. This is solely catering to the desires of the writers, however. The life of a television series depends on so many other factors.

SpursforSix
04-07-2016, 02:50 PM
http://callsaulnow.com/2015/04/17/how-many-seasons-of-better-call-saul/

In a way, Jimmy McGill will have to undergo a similar transformation. This one will result him in becoming the Saul Goodman that we saw on Breaking Bad. Peter Gould told The Independent that he thinks it will take five seasons to tell his story:

“We’re still figuring it out – but I think the upper limit would be what we did on Breaking Bad [5 seasons].”
As of now, fans should expect to see no more than five seasons of Better Call Saul. This is solely catering to the desires of the writers, however. The life of a television series depends on so many other factors.

I could live with 3 more seasons. tbh...I'm enjoying BCS as much as I did Breaking Bad.

After thinking about some of the BB seasons...maybe that's not true. It's pretty close though. I need to go back and binge watch BB. I hated waiting full years for the story to continue.

Findog
04-07-2016, 02:57 PM
I could live with 3 more seasons. tbh...I'm enjoying BCS as much as I did Breaking Bad.

After thinking about some of the BB seasons...maybe that's not true. It's pretty close though. I need to go back and binge watch BB. I hated waiting full years for the story to continue.

Yeah, I think in terms of quality it's just as good as the last three seasons of BB.

baseline bum
04-08-2016, 01:31 PM
Man you guys are forgetting how amazing Breaking Bad was. Better Call Saul is a great show, but off the top of my head I can't think of any scene anywhere near as good as

1. The Narcocorrido about Heisenberg
2. The Wendy scene
3. The prison killings
4. The say my name scene
5. The train robbery and murder of Drew Sharp,

nevermind any episode that can touch Ozymondias, Face Off, or Gliding Over All.

SpursforSix
04-08-2016, 01:45 PM
Man you guys are forgetting how amazing Breaking Bad was. Better Call Saul is a great show, but off the top of my head I can't think of any scene anywhere near as good as

2. The Wendy scene
3. The prison killings
4. The say my name scene

It was a great show. But it also had the chance to create more memorable scenes with the subject matter and plot of the show.
BCS is just quality from front to end on every show. Not that BB wasn't. I feel like I look forward to each episode of BCS as much as I did Breaking Bad.
But yeah...I'm thinking back on those scenes above and about 10 more that were pretty incredible.
Guess I really just need to go back and watch BB again.

Xevious
04-08-2016, 03:47 PM

2. The Wendy scene
3. The prison killings
4. The say my name scene

The end of "Half Measure" is one of my favorite scenes. "Run."

I also like the that early episode when Walt has that stare down with the two meth heads in the hardware store parking lot. "Get out of my territory."

UZER
04-08-2016, 05:21 PM
Don't know the episode but the scene when Jesse verbally bitch slaps the Mexican chemist in the warehouse about needing the specific ingredient already made to make the meth is my fave scene in the entire series.

SpursforSix
04-11-2016, 10:40 PM
BCS...so good. Great episode. Really like Kim. Lots of development tonight in both stories.

UZER
04-11-2016, 11:25 PM
Man great episode and show.

InRareForm
04-11-2016, 11:40 PM
great episode....

baseline bum
04-12-2016, 12:43 AM
Holy shit, so Chuck's finally dead.

JMarkJohns
04-12-2016, 01:06 AM
Kim to the dark side, leading to tragic series of events everyone saw coming but that that still hurt like hell to see.

Damn good writing.

baseline bum
04-12-2016, 01:09 AM
Kim to the dark side, leading to tragic series of events everyone saw coming but that that still hurt like hell to see.

Damn good writing.

I wonder if she'll keep the pony tail when she's back at the trailer barefoot in Omaha.

baseline bum
04-12-2016, 01:12 AM

Looks like he is going to be carrying the weight of Chuck on his hands.

SpursforSix
04-12-2016, 09:57 AM
I wonder if she'll keep the pony tail when she's back at the trailer barefoot in Omaha.

I'm wondering if she changes so much that she eventually fucks Jimmy over or cheats on him with a more successful lawyer.

UZER
04-12-2016, 03:12 PM
Great writing slowly bringing chuck out of his hole to believe he would actually go into the copy store later.

SpursforSix
04-12-2016, 03:16 PM
Great writing slowly bringing chuck out of his hole to believe he would actually go into the copy store later.

they do such a good job with him that I almost get nervous myself when he starts to freak out. those copiers and the florescent lights.

This might have been my favorite episode. Had some good scenes with Mike. But really loving the way the plotline with Kim/Jimmy/Chuck has gone.
Also liked that they quickly got to the resolutions from last week where it left off with Mike building the spike strip and Jimmy doctoring the paperwork.
Was worried that they were going to leave both of those hanging for an episode or two.

UZER
04-12-2016, 04:00 PM
they do such a good job with him that I almost get nervous myself when he starts to freak out. those copiers and the florescent lights.

This might have been my favorite episode. Had some good scenes with Mike. But really loving the way the plotline with Kim/Jimmy/Chuck has gone.
Also liked that they quickly got to the resolutions from last week where it left off with Mike building the spike strip and Jimmy doctoring the paperwork.
Was worried that they were going to leave both of those hanging for an episode or two.

Chuck plays his role so well.

The guys know how to leave you hanging from one episode to the next. Can't wait for the last episode next week.

SpursforSix
04-12-2016, 04:01 PM

The guys know how to leave you hanging from one episode to the next. Can't wait for the last episode next week.

shit...what? the season's over next week?

Xevious
04-12-2016, 04:07 PM
Yeah, BCS has 10-episode seasons.

FromWayDowntown
04-12-2016, 04:08 PM

It's fascinating that Chuck's motivation in exposing himself to the world, at every turn, is his singular desire to keep Jimmy in his "proper" place.

UZER
04-12-2016, 04:32 PM
shit...what? the season's over next week?

Yup

baseline bum
04-12-2016, 04:35 PM
I'm excited for the next episode since I'm thinking we might get an entire opening segment dedicated to how Chuck became scared of electromagnetism. I figure this would be a great time to explain that since he's likely dead or in a coma.

baseline bum
04-12-2016, 04:37 PM
I'm wondering if she changes so much that she eventually fucks Jimmy over or cheats on him with a more successful lawyer.

That would be awesome if she ends up robbing him in the end.

SpursforSix
04-12-2016, 04:48 PM
Yup

:depressed

SpursforSix
04-12-2016, 04:49 PM
That would be awesome if she ends up robbing him in the end.

I was thinking what if she got together with Hamlin.

UZER
04-12-2016, 05:13 PM
It's fascinating that Chuck's motivation in exposing himself to the world, at every turn, is his singular desire to keep Jimmy in his "proper" place.

Yeah. He has legitimate reasons because Jimmy is definitely underhanded. But, he hides behind doing the "moral" thing when he's really just trying to keep Jimmy beneath him.

InRareForm
04-12-2016, 07:39 PM
gus going to put hector salamanca in the wheelchair next episode?

JMarkJohns
04-13-2016, 10:21 AM
gus going to put hector salamanca in the wheelchair next episode?

I think it's Mike. At the diner in the last episode there was some classic BB foreshadowing where Mike is at the Diner, gets the calls to meet up, and we hear the Hector "ding" from the food is ready bell.

Mike doing that to a hated Hector would endear him to Gus, which he was clearly Gus' #1 in BB.

Boogie Munster
04-13-2016, 10:25 AM
I think it's safe to say Better Call Saul is the best show on TV right now outside of maybe Game of Thrones.

SpursforSix
04-13-2016, 10:29 AM
I think it's Mike. At the diner in the last episode there was some classic BB foreshadowing where Mike is at the Diner, gets the calls to meet up, and we hear the Hector "ding" from the food is ready bell.

Mike doing that to a hated Hector would endear him to Gus, which he was clearly Gus' #1 in BB.

that sounds right to me. Although I don't think there is any way it happens on the season finale. I'm guessing that Hector finds out that Mike robbed him which may start a mini war between Mike and Hector. But that sounds like a whole season's worth of stuff. And may even take until the final season of BCS. Could even see it being near the end if not the final episode.

JMarkJohns
04-13-2016, 11:05 AM
The driver saw Mike's car. It'll be described, and I'm sure it'll lead back to Mile.

I think it happens sooner than later, but probably just has the table set next week.

SpursforSix
04-13-2016, 11:13 AM
The driver saw Mike's car. It'll be described, and I'm sure it'll lead back to Mile.

I think it happens sooner than later, but probably just has the table set next week.

that's a damn good point about him seeing the car. Also, Nacho could spill the beans. I can't remember...was Nacho in Breaking Bad?

baseline bum
04-13-2016, 11:31 AM

He didn't drive his car. He drove some little blue car that I guess he rented.

SpursforSix
04-13-2016, 11:34 AM

that's a damn good point. LOL.

So it will have to somehow be through Nacho.

JMarkJohns
04-13-2016, 11:37 AM

Good catch. My guess is their double focus on it means something.

Love shows you can break down and theorize about two days later.

SpursforSix
04-13-2016, 11:45 AM
Good catch. My guess is their double focus on it means something.

Love shows you can break down and theorize about two days later.

thought the same thing after you brought it up. But it may have been just to show where the driver's attention focused. Which allowed Mike to get the drop on him

Hard to believe that Mike would allow the car to come back to haunt him. He's pretty efficient.

Now that I think about it, I'm surprised that he acknowledged to Nacho that he jacked the truck. Knowing that Hector could go after his granddaughter.

baseline bum
04-13-2016, 12:05 PM
Hard to believe that Mike would allow the car to come back to haunt him. He's pretty efficient.

I'm not sure Mike is all that careful yet. Breaking Bad Mike would have never flaunted that cartel money by buying a round for the house in a crowded bar.

JMarkJohns
04-13-2016, 12:13 PM
I'm not sure Mike is all that careful yet. Breaking Bad Mike would have never flaunted that cartel money by buying a round for the house in a crowded bar.

Exactly. There's lessons being learned all over by everyone.

There's something there. The fact Nacho knows is going to bubble back up. My guess is they suspect an inside job, take a closer look at Nacho, everything else becomes known, Nacho gives up Mike, Nacho is ended and they come after Mike.

And that might be where they leave things until next season.

baseline bum
04-13-2016, 12:39 PM
Exactly. There's lessons being learned all over by everyone.

There's something there. The fact Nacho knows is going to bubble back up. My guess is they suspect an inside job, take a closer look at Nacho, everything else becomes known, Nacho gives up Mike, Nacho is ended and they come after Mike.

And that might be where they leave things until next season.

I don't think it does come back to Mike, since we have seen Kaylee in BB and since it has been established already that Mike can't protect her from the cartel. I do agree it comes close though with Nacho. But I think Nacho doesn't talk, he proclaims innocence until the end.

SpursforSix
04-13-2016, 01:14 PM
I don't think it does come back to Mike, since we have seen Kaylee in BB and since it has been established already that Mike can't protect her from the cartel. I do agree it comes close though with Nacho. But I think Nacho doesn't talk, he proclaims innocence until the end.

Yeah...that's right about Kaylee. Which is why I wonder why Mike confessed to Nacho. Maybe Mike sets it all up later to look like Nacho.

I didn't see this mentioned anywhere. A reference to Nacho from BB.

http://uproxx.com/tv/the-main-villain-from-better-call-saul-is-also-a-callback-to-breaking-bad/

SpursforSix
04-13-2016, 01:50 PM

maybe not...but he's so methodical already...but you're right...flashing the money in the bar

You've made a good case about why it wouldn't come back on Mike. But if it does, it might be that one of Hector's guys sees Mike flashing money or buying drinks for the house.

baseline bum
04-13-2016, 02:29 PM
Yeah...that's right about Kaylee. Which is why I wonder why Mike confessed to Nacho. Maybe Mike sets it all up later to look like Nacho.

I didn't see this mentioned anywhere. A reference to Nacho from BB.

http://uproxx.com/tv/the-main-villain-from-better-call-saul-is-also-a-callback-to-breaking-bad/

Wow, that's awesome.

JMarkJohns
04-13-2016, 05:01 PM
Something happens with Mike. Right now he's far too unlikely to kill someone to become the Mike from Breaking Bad in a slow, harmless, aging evolution of self.

My guess is he quickly realizes to survive in this game he has to be the danger.

What do we know?

Hector ends up in wheelchair.
Nacho isn't in BB.
Mike ends up a stone-cold killer.
Mike's family survives into BB.
Mike becomes Gus most trusted because of caution.

All that from the present:

Mike is not stone-cold killer.
Mike's family is not safe.
Mike isn't always as cautious.
Nacho does and knows too much.
Hector is most feared.

How does that script get flipped? Logical answer is Mike becames it when pushed. Only Nacho knows how badass Mike is. Hector likely is underestimating him.

It has to come back.

But I will trust the writers of it doesn't, but they love the foreshadow and Mike, that diner where he's both met with Hector and been called by Nacho about Hector, and that Ding made so famous by a battered and broken Hector seems like the kind of foreshadowing the writers use.

JMarkJohns
04-13-2016, 05:04 PM
As for Nacho is BB from that link, I'll need to know more about that episode. What about Ignacio? Hmm...

JMarkJohns
04-13-2016, 05:08 PM
Here's the scene: http://youtu.be/8gM6_FCeiBA

Lalo and Cartel also mentioned.

Anyone named Gerardo in BCS? Lalo is short for Gerardo.

leemajors
04-13-2016, 11:23 PM

McKean has always delivered. This show is great, and I love reading this thread.

FkLA
04-14-2016, 10:03 AM
Not sure if its the latest episode but I just got through with Ep. 9...did Chuck dieded? :lol

SpursforSix
04-14-2016, 10:05 AM
McKean has always delivered. This show is great, and I love reading this thread.

I agree. He's had a solid career no doubt. But it's a wonder that he doesn't get more character roles in bigger movies. Maybe he got labeled as a comedy guy from his earlier work. But he's obviously a great actor. I guess also maybe he doesn't even go for those roles. Seems content with what he does.

SpursforSix
04-14-2016, 10:06 AM
Not sure if its the latest episode but I just got through with Ep. 9...did Chuck dieded? :lol

You're 1 episode behind. Chuck and Kim both are gone.

EDIT: I'm not gonna do that. Just kidding. Not 100% sure about Chuck but it sure looks that way.

SpursforSix
04-18-2016, 09:00 PM
Getting ready. Perfect schedule to fit right between Spurs nights.

SpursforSix
04-18-2016, 10:36 PM
Well shit.

InRareForm
04-18-2016, 11:07 PM
not my favorite episode but still solid finale.

the cat and mouse game is fun to watch between the brothers.

baseline bum
04-19-2016, 12:05 AM
God damn Chuck going in raw on Jimmy.

baseline bum
04-19-2016, 12:06 AM
I wonder how the hell Nacho figured out what Mike was doing.

resistanze
04-19-2016, 12:25 AM
I wonder how the hell Nacho figured out what Mike was doing.

I'm 95% sure it had nothing to do with Nacho, unless he can teleport. It seems to be a clear allusion to Gus Fring.

baseline bum
04-19-2016, 12:40 AM
I'm 95% sure it had nothing to do with Nacho, unless he can teleport. It seems to be a clear allusion to Gus Fring.

It seems too convenient that Nacho would be blocking the shot the whole time. I wonder who Nacho could trust to put that stick on Mike's horn though. Maybe it is Fring and Nacho is getting ready to join his crew.

JMarkJohns
04-19-2016, 01:37 AM
"Dont" seems perfectly simple an introduction for the unassuming businessman who wordlessly slices the throat of a henchman for overstepping his bounds.

It was direct and indirectly ominous.

SpursforSix
04-19-2016, 08:48 AM
It seems too convenient that Nacho would be blocking the shot the whole time. I wonder who Nacho could trust to put that stick on Mike's horn though. Maybe it is Fring and Nacho is getting ready to join his crew.

I'm not sure I understand the timetable of Mike trying to kill Hector. So is Mike primarily trying to save the driver? It seems like he would assume that the driver was already dead when Nacho said they took care of it. Also seems like a long time between when they would have had the driver and when they eventually killed him. And that Mike knew precisely when they were going to kill him. He had time to follow them to the ranch. Then go buy the gun (I assume on a different day). And then come back.

Or was Mike going to shoot Hector anyway and it was just a coincidence that the driver was still there?

SpursforSix
04-19-2016, 08:50 AM
God damn Chuck going in raw on Jimmy.

Wondering if this leads to Jimmy getting disbarred and having to practice under the name of Saul Goodman.

I'm assuming that Chuck has to die in order for Saul to be able to practice law and Chuck not tell on him. Or Chuck goes into a permanent vegetative state.

JMarkJohns
04-19-2016, 10:03 AM
Wondering if this leads to Jimmy getting disbarred and having to practice under the name of Saul Goodman.

I'm assuming that Chuck has to die in order for Saul to be able to practice law and Chuck not tell on him. Or Chuck goes into a permanent vegetative state.

Or Jimmy has Chuck committed.

Boogie Munster
04-19-2016, 01:31 PM

I don't think you can practice law after getting disbarred. Even after a name change, that past follows you. Plus Jimmy now has commercials on air. No way would people not recognize him under a different alias. I bet he agrees to practice law under a different name to please Chuck from releasing the tape. Leaving the McGill name untainted.

Findog
04-19-2016, 03:42 PM
Better Call Saul owns because you root for Jimmy gaslighting his mentally ill brother.

leemajors
04-19-2016, 06:10 PM
"Dont" seems perfectly simple an introduction for the unassuming businessman who wordlessly slices the throat of a henchman for overstepping his bounds.

It was direct and indirectly ominous.

:tu I enjoyed this season quite a bit.

baseline bum
04-19-2016, 06:27 PM
Chuck's a bitch for lying about his mother's dying words though.

JMarkJohns
04-19-2016, 07:33 PM
So, if you take the first letter of each episode title and rearrange them, it spells "FRINGS BACK".

SpursforSix
04-19-2016, 07:37 PM
So, if you take the first letter of each episode title and rearrange them, it spells "FRINGS BACK".

Just heard that in the radio. Awesome.

JMarkJohns
04-19-2016, 07:56 PM
I can't remember who said it or where, but I agree with whomever said that Fring and Nacho are likely in this together. Mike becomes Frings #1 in this, and Nacho likely becomes Ignacio from the above clip at the end of it all.

As for Jimmy, yes, it's clear there's some deal where Chuck gets him to change his name, maybe even stay clear of anything Sand Piper in exchanged for not exposing the tape.

Though, I still maintain, many states require acknowledged consent to be recorded.

So it might be more of a blackmail item than legal evidence.

SpursforSix
04-19-2016, 07:59 PM
Does anyone understand the sequence of Mike following them to the ranch, then buying a gun. And then going back to the ranch? And then coincidentally, that's the day they kill the driver? I figured he'd be long dead after Nach said they took care of him.

baseline bum
04-19-2016, 09:22 PM
Does anyone understand the sequence of Mike following them to the ranch, then buying a gun. And then going back to the ranch? And then coincidentally, that's the day they kill the driver? I figured he'd be long dead after Nach said they took care of him.

It's gotta be a flashback.

baseline bum
04-19-2016, 09:26 PM
Though, I still maintain, many states require acknowledged consent to be recorded.

New Mexico only requires single party consent for taping conversations. Chuck would have never done it otherwise, he follows the law pretty strictly.

SpursforSix
04-19-2016, 09:27 PM
It's gotta be a flashback.

So the flashback is from him following the van through buying the gun?

baseline bum
04-19-2016, 09:32 PM
So the flashback is from him following the van through buying the gun?

I gotta watch the episode again to get the timeline right. Maybe I'll watch it again after the game.

baseline bum
04-19-2016, 09:33 PM
I'm glad Gilligan got overruled by the other writers in wanting to have Marie be the technician doing the CAT scan.

SpursforSix
04-19-2016, 10:01 PM
I'm glad Gilligan got overruled by the other writers in wanting to have Marie be the technician doing the CAT scan.

Ugh. Didn't know that. Yeah...she doesn't need to show up.

JMarkJohns
04-19-2016, 11:23 PM
New Mexico only requires single party consent for taping conversations. Chuck would have never done it otherwise, he follows the law pretty strictly.

The whole conversation feels like entrapment.

Biernutz
04-20-2016, 12:36 AM
I was not sure about this pre-breaking bad show would work
but it looks like they pulled it off ok. How long before Walt shows up.
love the show.......

Thebesteva
04-20-2016, 12:48 AM
I was not sure about this pre-breaking bad show would work
but it looks like they pulled it off ok. How long before Walt shows up.
love the show.......

Love the show as well...kills walking dead and cracks me up that walking dead die hards claim that the haters just want a show filled with zombie killing when better call saul is 95% character development and dialogue.

leemajors
04-20-2016, 09:20 AM
Better Call Saul producers have confirmed that a fan theory regarding the second season finale is correct.

In an interview with Vanity Fair, Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul creators Vince Gilligan and Peter Gould said that villain Gustavo Fring, played by Giancarlo Esposito, would appear in Season 3.

FkLA
04-20-2016, 12:04 PM
God damn Chuck is such a faggot. Family or not, I would've cut ties with his bitch ass long ago if I was Jimmy.

InRareForm
04-20-2016, 03:42 PM
Chuck is a douche. Can't believe he didn't say that the Mom said for his name

SpursforSix
04-20-2016, 03:47 PM
Chuck is a douche. Can't believe he didn't say that the Mom said for his name

No doubt. That scene foreshadowed that regardless of how ethical Chuck makes himself out to be, he's not beyond lying to fuck Jimmy up.