PDA

View Full Version : WTF Did Cojo do?

look_at_g_shred
02-09-2015, 09:26 PM
To not play the second half last game, and barley play this game?? Did I miss something? He played james Johnson well yesterday when he was killing everyone else, and then tonight was the main culprit in bringing the lead down to start the 4th. People like to overrate his defense on this forum, but the truth is dude is a defensive stud, and his O game has evolved this year. He can get into the paint better than Tony to a certain extent.

TheGreatYacht
02-09-2015, 09:27 PM
Pop actually wanted the team to score points

jeebus
02-09-2015, 09:28 PM
Poop wanted to get to 1000 wins.

look_at_g_shred
02-09-2015, 09:29 PM
Pop actually wanted the team to score points
What's the excuse for last game? He was scoring. Unlike patty tonight who couldn't throw a rock in the lake tonight.

FkLA
02-09-2015, 09:30 PM
Real talk, no trolling CoJo should be starting.

TheGreatYacht
02-09-2015, 09:31 PM
Where is Kyle Anderson is the better question, tbh.

look_at_g_shred
02-09-2015, 09:36 PM
Where is Kyle Anderson is the better question, tbh.
Getting some burn in the D-League and tearing up shit.

ducks
02-09-2015, 09:43 PM
playing three point guards is not going to work all the time
it would be best if pop plays tp and one of the two each game unless patty is needed for three point shooting
patty was feeling it no need to pull him

look_at_g_shred
02-09-2015, 09:47 PM
playing three point guards is not going to work all the time
it would be best if pop plays tp and one of the two each game unless patty is needed for three point shooting
patty was feeling it no need to pull him
Patty was feeling it? :lol

$pursDynasty
02-10-2015, 11:57 AM
Actually, I think it was Pop finally putting CoJo in the game at the beginning of the fourth that really helped spark the 2nd unit, which was looking very lost without Manu last night. When CoJo came in at the beginning of the 4th things turned around. Patty is a better scorer but if you don't have Manu to facilitate and Bobo isn't being the Point Forward he can be when he feels like it, CoJo is the best option to run the 2nd unit offense.

EVAY
02-10-2015, 12:04 PM
Actually, I think it was Pop finally putting CoJo in the game at the beginning of the fourth that really helped spark the 2nd unit, which was looking very lost without Manu last night. When CoJo came in at the beginning of the 4th things turned around. Patty is a better scorer but if you don't have Manu to facilitate and Bobo isn't being the Point Forward he can be when he feels like it, CoJo is the best option to run the 2nd unit offense.

This. I adore Patty, but as many of us have noted before, he is not a point guard. He is excellent when Manu operates as the point guard, but he truly does not run Pop's offenses. Cojo took charge last night, gave the second unit confidence and was a real leader. I think the second unit will be Cojo as pg and Mills as sg after Manu leaves. Cojo is not as good as Manu, but then neither is anyone else on the team.

EVAY
02-10-2015, 12:17 PM
I don't think that Cojo has done anything wrong, or that Pop is mad at him. He has proved himself this year, and right now I see Pop trying to get TP and Mills lots of minutes and tries to get their shots back. Mills' shot looked pretty good about 5 games after he got back for about two weeks, and then it fell off a cliff again. I just think Pop is letting him find his shot.

Somebody needs to find their three point shot on this team. Last year it was a big piece of our offense, and this year we have been mediocre as a team shooting threes. Mills, Green, Bellinelli (out for so long), Ginoibili...all of them are having sub-par three point shooting of late.

Sometimes losing more games is as simple as not being able to find your shot. Problem for us is that so many people are having the same problem at the same time. Nothing to do for shooters but keep shooting till it gets going again, and hope that your defense holds the other team down while you are looking.

beachwood
02-10-2015, 12:22 PM
I'm not sure why everyone is jam packed onto the CoJo bandwagon. He's a better than average defender, but when he's out there for long stretches he completely clogs the offensive flow. It's 4 on 5 offensively. He's non-threat that shoots as a last resort and it kills the flow and rhythm.

I admire his hustle and demeanor but until he's a real threat offensively, it's TP and Patty that need to play the major minutes.

cjw
02-10-2015, 12:42 PM

21.8 points, 10.4 rebounds, 5.3 assists with a block and steal per contest so far in 9 games ain't too shabby:sombrero:. Getting some really good burn down there which may turn him into a serviceable rotation guy.

Exactly what you hope for out of the 30th pick - better than what OKC's getting out of that Huestis guy who can't even shoot 40% in the D League.

marinoman
02-10-2015, 01:01 PM
I'm not sure why everyone is jam packed onto the CoJo bandwagon. He's a better than average defender, but when he's out there for long stretches he completely clogs the offensive flow. It's 4 on 5 offensively. He's non-threat that shoots as a last resort and it kills the flow and rhythm.

I admire his hustle and demeanor but until he's a real threat offensively, it's TP and Patty that need to play the major minutes.
He has extended his range to the 3 pt line and can drive to the basket, hardly 4 on 5. So far this year he's been our best pg.

Embedded
02-10-2015, 01:07 PM
jeebus - is that a picture of your Mom? I heard she only fed you with her left boob, never her right. Why? were you a twin?

Cry Havoc
02-10-2015, 01:08 PM
I thought CoJo looked great when he was on the court yesterday. His shot was on from what we saw, and he was playing good defense.

Cloud786
02-10-2015, 01:20 PM
Last year we had 5 players shooting above 40% from 3's (Beli 43%, Bonner 43%, Mills 42.5%, Green 41.5%, Daye 41.4%, Diaw 40.2%) and 2 other players shooting in the high 30's (Kawhi 38%, Parker 37.3%). This year outside of Parker's 51%, everyone has regressed from the previous year with Green being the highest at 39%. It seems like this team has lost the ability to shoot the 3 ball consistently with Diaw regressing the most at 30.6% this year.

in2deep
02-10-2015, 01:25 PM

yup. killin it

beachwood
02-10-2015, 05:41 PM
I agree that he's extended his range and can drive to the basket, but he doesn't do it nearly enough to be effective. As mediocre as Parker has been, he's a threat and teams have to guard him. No team respects CoJo offensively. How many open shots does he pass up? Cojo is good for stretches but is by no means the best pg on the team.

Wildcat67
02-10-2015, 05:45 PM
Not be one of the better matchup for the game. Simple.

RD2191
02-10-2015, 05:48 PM
Team plays better with parker on the bench. I'm sure there are stats somewhere to back it up.

EVAY
02-10-2015, 05:56 PM
Last year we had 5 players shooting above 40% from 3's (Beli 43%, Bonner 43%, Mills 42.5%, Green 41.5%, Daye 41.4%, Diaw 40.2%) and 2 other players shooting in the high 30's (Kawhi 38%, Parker 37.3%). This year outside of Parker's 51%, everyone has regressed from the previous year with Green being the highest at 39%. It seems like this team has lost the ability to shoot the 3 ball consistently with Diaw regressing the most at 30.6% this year.

These stats explain more about the Spurs' constipated offense this season than all the opining about everything else. No strong three point shooting leads to no spreading the floor, fewer assists, clogged lanes, etc. etc. Without effective three point shooting, our offense just doesn't generate enough points.

Beaverfuzz
02-10-2015, 06:00 PM
To not play the second half last game, and barley play this game?? Did I miss something? He played james Johnson well yesterday when he was killing everyone else, and then tonight was the main culprit in bringing the lead down to start the 4th. People like to overrate his defense on this forum, but the truth is dude is a defensive stud, and his O game has evolved this year. He can get into the paint better than Tony to a certain extent.

He's not a PG, Tony has picked up his game and Patty runs the rest of the time with Manu taking over as needed.

Beaverfuzz
02-10-2015, 06:01 PM
This. I adore Patty, but as many of us have noted before, he is not a point guard. He is excellent when Manu operates as the point guard, but he truly does not run Pop's offenses. Cojo took charge last night, gave the second unit confidence and was a real leader. I think the second unit will be Cojo as pg and Mills as sg after Manu leaves. Cojo is not as good as Manu, but then neither is anyone else on the team.

Patty is more of a PG than CoJo is.

RD2191
02-10-2015, 06:02 PM
Patty is more of a PG than CoJo is.
No way. Patty is an undersized SG if anything.

Beaverfuzz
02-10-2015, 06:13 PM

And again, Patty is more of a PG than CoJo is. No one is saying that Patty is a true PG. Please follow the bouncing ball.

RD2191
02-10-2015, 06:59 PM
And again, Patty is more of a PG than CoJo is. No one is saying that Patty is a true PG. Please follow the bouncing ball.
Follow these nuts. Cojo is more of a PG than Mills.

EVAY
02-10-2015, 07:03 PM

BackHome
02-10-2015, 07:33 PM
Neither are PG.

Sean Cagney
02-10-2015, 07:46 PM
Yep.
Neither are PG.

^^^ This is true as well.

look_at_g_shred
02-10-2015, 08:38 PM

Beaverfuzz
02-10-2015, 10:33 PM

In your wet dreams perhaps.

look_at_g_shred
02-10-2015, 10:39 PM
Bottom line is this, when he's out there (this season) he's provided what we needed. Be it energy, defense, scoring, intensity, or aggression. I just couldn't think of what he did to not play the entire second half of the Toronto game as he was playing a hell of a game (in his homecoming too by the way), and a big reason why james Johnson couldn't get anymore easy baskets and creating a gap in the scoring margin in the second quarter. Then next game, the Aussie couldn't hit a fucking shot yet pop leaves him in...the pacers are on the verge of blowing the game wide open when guess who finally checks in and is the reason the Spurs cut the lead to start the 4th.

DrunkTXLabrat
02-10-2015, 10:41 PM

Too much Matt Bonner, not enough Kyle Anderson. Also, any Jeff Ayers is too much Ayers and not enough anybody else. Except Reggie Rasual Butler Williams he and Ayers are a wash.

look_at_g_shred
02-23-2015, 10:18 PM
Tbh..