PDA

View Full Version : Points to ponder from 2/9 @ Indy

Cry Havoc
02-09-2015, 09:55 PM
The Historical

http://i.imgur.com/8XwtBVV.gif

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2010/0326/pg2_03262010_576.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B9cvMM3CIAEvO2u.jpg:large

- Not this night. Not this game. Popovich would not be denied his 1,000th NBA win again. Congrats, to arguably the greatest coach in the history of the League.

The Good

- The Spurs clawed back in old-school Spurs style after one of the worst quarters of the season, erasing a 14 point lead from the 3rd quarter and being down 9 with 5:35 to play in the game.

- The Pacers had 87 points with 7:11 to go in the 4th. They would score 6 total points the rest of the way. According to the Pacers announcers, it was due to the Spurs instituting a "bump" defense. :lol

- Marco Belinelli deserved far more than 6 touches this game. He was the only Spur who looked warm from 3, and at times the only guy on the court who seemed to be taking consistently good shots. He's been a quiet surprise since returning from injury so far, and seems to be fighting on defense as well. :tu

- Timothy Duncan. 8 straight points at one point, and perhaps the most important defensive play of the game when he absolutely schooled Hibbert in the post for a block. By the way, he had 5 of those. :ihit

- Tony Parker didn't have the best game, just 19 points on 17 shots, but he didn't force the issue in the 4th and dished out 6 assists with only 2 TOs. I'll take it.

- Baynes' number's don't jump off the page, but dude brought in the fourth including a severe dunk in traffic that Tiago probably will be looking at under his covers after lights out tonight.

- Kawhi had his usual impact on D tonight, but he was quiet overall. We definitely need more from him ESPECIALLY with the struggles of our shooters over the past 3-4 games. You want a max deal, Kawhi? Now's a good time to earn it.

The Bad

- Where has our other baguetted Frenchman wandered off to? Diaw seems completely lost on the court at times. He's getting lost in defensive switches and his shot isn't falling. He had a nice drive to the hoop, but elected to pass out of a 2nd one with time running down in the 4th quarter even though he had an open lane. At this point I'd have him tested for RHS (Robert Horry Syndrome).

- Patty Mills is still bringing energy, but doesn't look the same. Perhaps his shooting has led to a lack of confidence. We need a lot more from our x-factor given the struggles of the starting unit.

- Tiago Splitter. Please take a hiatus to find your manhood and come back like you actually give a shit when you catch the ball.

- Popovich. Far be it of me to criticize the man who just got 1000... but Cojo, Beli, and Baynes deserved more PT tonight. Maybe not at the same time :lol, but still, they were far and away the most energetic, impact players I saw from the Spurs outside of Duncan, who needs to keep his minutes low. Also... an iso-post up for Baynes in crunch time is not my idea of offense.

The Ugly

- That 3rd quarter. Fuck.

- Danny Green's shooting. He made some nice defensive plays in the 4th, but dude cannot hit space from the Hubble Telescope right now.

- Matt Bonner. Please stay off the court. Unless there's a soda spill. You can mop it up with the uppers of your New Balances you ruptured. I'm not a Bonner hater, either, because dude always puts out effort, but he just doesn't have it anymore.

-----

Overall, props to our guys for fighting through a 6-24 performance from 3 and getting a hard-fought W. I don't care who it's against, we're the champs and getting everyone's best shot this year. The 4th quarter was beautiful to watch.

TXstbobcat
02-09-2015, 09:57 PM
Great 4th quarter comeback!!!!

dabom
02-09-2015, 09:59 PM
ctrl+f kawhi zero. :td

Cry Havoc
02-09-2015, 10:01 PM
ctrl+f kawhi zero. :td

My bad, I had him in there but moved it down the page and then it got deleted. Hang on.

barbacoataco
02-09-2015, 10:01 PM
Nice take. I thought they did well to win tonight given the shooting slump.

spurs10
02-09-2015, 10:04 PM
Thanks!

ElNono
02-09-2015, 10:05 PM
Solid writeup. I think Pop should've gone with Cojo at point and Patty playing the small SG... but regardless, Patty had good looks, didn't seem to me like he rushed any shots, he just didn't make them.

Boris is just a mystery... he's obviously not as bad (or fat) as Bobcats Boris, but he's far from the smart player that gave us 20+ points in Game 6 at OKC... or the Finals Boris. Basically, the computer crashed, we didn't have Boris 2.0 to re-install, and we're stuck with Boris XP until some point in the future...

Defense was again fairly good for stretches, especially at the end, and it was comforting to watch TD be effective. I thought he had one of the better games since the new year.

The offense still needs a lot of work. This will have to be the onus after the ASW... we're not winning anything struggling to generate points.

dabom
02-09-2015, 10:05 PM
My bad, I had him in there but moved it down the page and then it got deleted. Hang on.

You could add he stopped the head of the snake at the end and even set marco really fucking good with his ability to draw the double team in which a player had to catch him but a quick pump was all that was needed since the pacer dude was running too fast to stop.

FkLA
02-09-2015, 10:08 PM
Not even trolling, did you seriously write that Enrique didn't force the issue in the 4th?

Parker Jump Shot: Missed
02:04

Parker Layup Shot: Missed Block: Miles (2 BLK)
01:43

Parker Layup Shot: Missed
01:12

Nice little write-up otherwise. :tu

Legacy
02-09-2015, 10:09 PM
The Good

- The Spurs clawed back in old-school Spurs style after one of the worst quarters of the season, erasing a 14 point lead from the 3rd quarter and being down 9 with 5:35 to play in the game.

This is what really made me happy about tonight's game. As we all know, 4th quarters this whole season have been nothing but nailbiters and chokejobs. I never used to worry about the other team having a double-digit lead against us in the 4th (even with only 3-5 minutes left in the game) because The Spurs usually "spurred" their way back into the game and would triumph almost everytime. This is what they were known for. I really, really missed 4th quarters like these, and hope that there will be more in the future.

moisaenz
02-09-2015, 10:13 PM
Solid writeup. I think Pop should've gone with Cojo at point and Patty playing the small SG... but regardless, Patty had good looks, didn't seem to me like he rushed any shots, he just didn't make them.

Boris is just a mystery... he's obviously not as bad (or fat) as Bobcats Boris, but he's far from the smart player that gave us 20+ points in Game 6 at OKC... or the Finals Boris. Basically, the computer crashed, we didn't have Boris 2.0 to re-install, and we're stuck with Boris XP until some point in the future...

Defense was again fairly good for stretches, especially at the end, and it was comforting to watch TD be effective. I thought he had one of the better games since the new year.

The offense still needs a lot of work. This will have to be the onus after the ASW... we're not winning anything struggling to generate points.

I would say we have Boris Vista.

TheGreatYacht
02-09-2015, 10:15 PM
Great read :tu But I disagree on the Splitter part, thought he played solid tonight IMO

Robz4000
02-09-2015, 10:16 PM
Completely disagree about Splitter. He's been pretty good since Pop sat him against Orlando. Agree with the rest of your analysis tho, good write up :tu.

ElNono
02-09-2015, 10:17 PM
Tiago is hard to gauge. Defensively, I thought he was solid, just as good as last night. Offensively, he's just frustrating finishing around the rim, but he did have some nice baskets in the 1st half....

dabom
02-09-2015, 10:19 PM
Tiago is hard to gauge. Defensively, I thought he was solid, just as good as last night. Offensively, he's just frustrating finishing around the rim, but he did have some nice baskets in the 1st half....

Tiago must have girl hands and calves. Cant jump or grip a basketball.

Robz4000
02-09-2015, 10:21 PM

We're just gonna have to cme to terms with Splitter being soft with his shot, which is fine seeing as he's a pretty nifty finisher. He needs to go hard for boards and keep the ball moving when he isn't under the basket, which he's been doing.

apalisoc_9
02-09-2015, 10:22 PM
Parker forced the issue in the fourth...

Legacy
02-09-2015, 10:23 PM
Yeah... many posters were commenting the other day about how happy we were that Tiago is back! He's been looking really good the last couple of games, imo.

ElNono
02-09-2015, 10:23 PM
how about Pop putting the ball in Kawhi's hands in crunchtime??? Just showing off to Bird he got the short end of the stick in the trade? :lol

Cry Havoc
02-09-2015, 10:27 PM
You could add he stopped the head of the snake at the end and even set marco really fucking good with his ability to draw the double team in which a player had to catch him but a quick pump was all that was needed since the pacer dude was running too fast to stop.

You could make your own write-up about the only player on the team that you like, too. But alas, we all know how that would go.

Great read :tu But I disagree on the Splitter part, thought he played solid tonight IMO

Every time he throws a fadeaway baby hook in crunch time I fucking cringe.

Completely disagree about Splitter. He's been pretty good since Pop sat him against Orlando. Agree with the rest of your analysis tho, good write up :tu.

Well, I didn't put him in the "ugly" section. But if 8 and 4 and serviceable defense is all he's good for, we're in bad shape.

Not even trolling, did you seriously write that Enrique didn't force the issue in the 4th?

Nice little write-up otherwise. :tu

I don't understand. Layups are not forced shots, Tony got hacked on one and the officials weren't blowing the whistles for either team. Is Tony not supposed to shoot at all on a night when we're 6-24 from 3? The ONLY guy hitting from beyond 10 feet tonight was Beli, so I don't see the issue you have with Parker shooting since everyone was taking contested jumpers.

Thanks anyway.

Seventyniner
02-09-2015, 10:27 PM
Parker forced the issue in the fourth...

Chicken and egg again: is the team struggling because Parker is forcing it or the other way around?

Cry Havoc
02-09-2015, 10:28 PM
Another thing I liked is on the last possession, Kawhi drove and forced the defense to come to him rather than taking an outside shot, then threw a beautiful dish to Marco for the game winner. :tu If we see that from Kawhi more often, I'll feel better about the times he's content to shoot jumpers.

Arc
02-09-2015, 10:33 PM
kawhi still isn't there yet. he's attacking, posting up, etc. but he still struggles to score off those situations. he does a great job finding the open man. but sometimes you gotta will your way to the basket and score, especially on nights when the team can't hit air.

Cry Havoc
02-09-2015, 10:35 PM
kawhi still isn't there yet. he's attacking, posting up, etc. but he still struggles to score off those situations. he does a great job finding the open man. but sometimes you gotta will your way to the basket and score, especially on nights when the team can't hit air.

I know he threw one down last game, but I haven't seen many emphatic dunks from him this season. Would be nice to get our guys energized and if nothing else to give the defense another thing to worry about.

TDfan2007
02-09-2015, 11:19 PM
I know he threw one down last game, but I haven't seen many emphatic dunks from him this season. Would be nice to get our guys energized and if nothing else to give the defense another thing to worry about.

Kawhi isn't really an explosive leaper, so those are rare for him anyway, but he's got great body control and ability to finish with contact. I'd like to see him be more aggressive on those drives too. With the way Tony's been ineffective attacking the basket this season we need Kawhi to step up and take some of that role.

FkLA
02-09-2015, 11:24 PM
I don't understand. Layups are not forced shots, Tony got hacked on one and the officials weren't blowing the whistles for either team. Is Tony not supposed to shoot at all on a night when we're 6-24 from 3? The ONLY guy hitting from beyond 10 feet tonight was Beli, so I don't see the issue you have with Parker shooting since everyone was taking contested jumpers.

Thanks anyway.

Bro he took (and missed) three consecutive shots at around that two minute mark. Not like lanes opened up for him on the 'lay-ups' either, he absolutely forced the issue on them.

apalisoc_9
02-09-2015, 11:26 PM
Bro he took (and missed) three consecutive shots at around that two minute mark. Not like lanes opened up for him on the 'lay-ups' either, he absolutely forced the issue on them.

Cry Havoc
02-09-2015, 11:28 PM

And yet... he almost doubled Kawhi's scoring... on higher efficiency and better shooting percentage.

I guess we can conclude that Kawhi should stop forcing so many shots?

MI21
02-09-2015, 11:32 PM

Looking at this from a pure BASKETBALL standpoint, those were not forces. One was on a fast break, going up against George Hill. Hill made either a nice defensive play or fouled Tony, I didn't replay it to see. It was the right play to make and something that TP has been doing his whole career.

The other layup was from a fantastic move and he just missed the layup, it was a very high % shot. It looked as if he got hacked tbh, but refs were letting it go both ends at that stage. The missed jumpshot was a missed jumpshot. Everybody not named Marco was bricking.

Sometimes shots just miss, sometimes a player taking 3 or 4 shots in a row is fine if they are quality shots. Sometimes players just miss shots they should make that have come as a product of good play, doesn't mean they were forcing stuff.

It's as if some people commenting have never actually played a game of basketball, even at retard level.

FkLA
02-09-2015, 11:36 PM
And yet... he almost doubled Kawhi's scoring... on higher efficiency and better shooting percentage.

I guess we can conclude that Kawhi should stop forcing so many shots?

Why are you making it about Kawhi vs Enrique? Its funny that you're against player hating but here you are dragging Kawhi into the conversation to talk shit about him.

I didn't disagree with your assessment of Kawhi, he didn't have a good game. Not seeing how that means Enrique didn't go into heromode at the end there though.

FkLA
02-09-2015, 11:40 PM
Looking at this from a pure BASKETBALL standpoint, those were not forces. One was on a fast break, going up against George Hill. Hill made either a nice defensive play or fouled Tony, I didn't replay it to see. It was the right play to make and something that TP has been doing his whole career.

The other layup was from a fantastic move and he just missed the layup, it was a very high % shot. It looked as if he got hacked tbh, but refs were letting it go both ends at that stage. The missed jumpshot was a missed jumpshot. Everybody not named Marco was bricking.

Sometimes shots just miss, sometimes a player taking 3 or 4 shots in a row is fine if they are quality shots. Sometimes players just miss shots they should make that have come as a product of good play, doesn't mean they were forcing stuff.

It's as if some people commenting have never actually played a game of basketball, even at retard level.

When he's shot like 2/8 since the first quarter and the Spurs have mounted a comeback through gritty, team ball why go into hero mode? They weren't fouls either.

Cry Havoc
02-09-2015, 11:43 PM
Why are you making it about Kawhi vs Enrique? Its funny that you're against player hating but here you are dragging Kawhi into the conversation to talk shit about him.

I didn't disagree with your assessment of Kawhi, he didn't have a good game. Not seeing how that means Enrique didn't go into heromode at the end there though.

:lmao

Kawhi player-lovers go after Parker's performance, then get all http://cutecaptions.com/images/first-world-cat-problems/look-at-me-im-too-innocent-to-do-t.jpg when the rebuttal hammer hits.

We know.

We know.

You hate Parker.

When you constantly attack him and take umbrage with the one positive thing I had to say about his game while not singling out any other players, it's pretty fucking apparent.

Don't like my takes? There's the door. More room for posters who actually want to talk about basketball.

Cry Havoc
02-09-2015, 11:44 PM

In fairness to them, it's really hard to ascertain what a forced shot looks like from a box score at the end of the game.

hater
02-09-2015, 11:44 PM

CH shitin on kawhitards

ElNono
02-09-2015, 11:45 PM
He just missed the layups... he's been doing that this season, which is strange for a player that once was considered one of the better finishers at the rim. The only play I though he forced the action was the turnover. He tried to speed up into the paint, and he got the ball knocked away. Speedy Tony would've finished that. It is what it is. Luckily Beli came through.

Cry Havoc

The Kawhi feathers are all afluffed, jimmies completely rustled that his 10 and 6 didn't get top billing in my game notes thread.

FkLA
lol jesus you are a faggot

I hate player haters but Im gonna drag Kawhi into the conversation to talk shit about him. :cry

MI21
When he's shot like 2/8 since the first quarter and the Spurs have mounted a comeback through gritty, team ball why go into hero mode? They weren't fouls either.

I just explained it wasn't hero mode. The plays were relatively high % against a good defensive team and the Spurs were without there usual closing playmaker. To get layup attempts at this stage is the smart play and something I would take any day of the week, whether it is Tony making the play or anyone else on the team. The plays weren't called as fouls, no. I reckon one of the two would have been.

Discounting that, sometimes the opposition makes good defensive plays and that's it. Like when Kawhi ripped Westbrook from behind in the WCF Game 6 last season, that wasn't Westbrook heroballing, that was the right play denied by another NBA player making a great play. That doesn't equal heroballing, Kobe chucking fadeaway 25fters over a triple team is hero balling.

FkLA
02-09-2015, 11:49 PM
I just explained it wasn't hero mode. The plays were relatively high % against a good defensive team and the Spurs were without there usual closing playmaker. To get layup attempts at this stage is the smart play and something I would take any day of the week, whether it is Tony making the play or anyone else on the team. The plays weren't called as fouls, no. I reckon one of the two would have been.

Discounting that, sometimes the opposition makes good defensive plays and that's it. Like when Kawhi ripped Westbrook from behind in the WCF Game 6 last season, that wasn't Westbrook heroballing, that was the right play denied by another NBA player making a great play. That doesn't equal heroballing, Kobe chucking fadeaway 25fters over a triple team is hero balling.

One play, ok I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. Two plays, eh. Three in a rrow? Hero.

MI21
02-09-2015, 11:49 PM
He just missed the layups... he's been doing that this season, which is strange for a player that once was considered one of the better finishers at the rim. The only play I though he forced the action was the turnover. He tried to speed up into the paint, and he got the ball knocked away. Speedy Tony would've finished that. It is what it is. Luckily Beli came through.

Yeah, and that push into the lane was still a better % play in my opinion that going against the set Indiana defense with the refs doing there usual swallow the whistle at the end of games routine. Like you said, he has been missing a fuckload of those layups this season, to me he looks a little afraid of contact at pace, unsure why - gotta hope that changes.

MI21
02-09-2015, 11:50 PM
One play, ok I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. Two plays, eh. Three in a rrow? Hero.

Ok, agree to disagree.

ElNono
02-09-2015, 11:52 PM
Yeah, and that push into the lane was still a better % play in my opinion that going against the set Indiana defense with the refs doing there usual swallow the whistle at the end of games routine. Like you said, he has been missing a fuckload of those layups this season, to me he looks a little afraid of contact at pace, unsure why - gotta hope that changes.

A season and a half ago, I would've said Tony going one-on-one on the break was the better play. This season's Tony, not so sure. But then again, our overall offense has been from average to mediocre, so it's certainly debatable.

apalisoc_9
02-09-2015, 11:53 PM
Why do posters drag kawhi into every conversation...?

it's getting old tbh.

Give it a rest..

no amount of hate will change the inevitable that is Kawhi Leonard taking over the team and winning Multiple FMVP as I originally predicted during his rookie year.

hating Kawhi will not bring back the memories of the lost "big 3"

Cry Havoc
02-09-2015, 11:58 PM
lol jesus you are a faggot

I hate player haters but Im gonna drag Kawhi into the conversation to talk shit about him. :cry

Can you respond to a single thread upstairs in the next three months without talking shit about Parker? Honest question.

Cry Havoc
02-10-2015, 12:01 AM
Why do posters drag kawhi into every conversation...?

it's getting old tbh.

Give it a rest..

no amount of hate will change the inevitable that is Kawhi Leonard taking over the team and winning Multiple FMVP as I originally predicted during his rookie year.

hating Kawhi will not bring back the memories of the lost "big 3"

Maybe your 100+ threads have made it difficult to not think about Kawhi?

FkLA
02-10-2015, 12:02 AM

FkLA
02-10-2015, 12:08 AM
Reminds me of that one time you claimed posters were turning ST into 4chan only for you to post that 4chan longcat meme. Here I was trying to be civil and yet your hypocritical, over emotional faggot side had to rear its ugly head. :lol

MI21
02-10-2015, 12:11 AM
A season and a half ago, I would've said Tony going one-on-one on the break was the better play. This season's Tony, not so sure. But then again, our overall offense has been from average to mediocre, so it's certainly debatable.

Yeah, I get what you mean, but in his mind he probably believes it is the better play, I'm sure he isn't thinking "I'm going to take 3 shots in a row of the context of the offense because I'm a hero" like many posters believe.

Maybe I'm just not as ready to give up on him as others, I'm seeing a few flashes here and there.. let's hope!

Cry Havoc
02-10-2015, 12:29 AM
Reminds me of that one time you claimed posters were turning ST into 4chan only for you to post that 4chan longcat meme. Here I was trying to be civil and yet your hypocritical, over emotional faggot side had to rear its ugly head. :lol

And yet you're the one all pissed off. :lol

ElNono
02-10-2015, 12:30 AM
Yeah, I get what you mean, but in his mind he probably believes it is the better play, I'm sure he isn't thinking "I'm going to take 3 shots in a row of the context of the offense because I'm a hero" like many posters believe.

Maybe I'm just not as ready to give up on him as others, I'm seeing a few flashes here and there.. let's hope!

We're all (well, mostly all) rooting for him...

FkLA
02-10-2015, 12:36 AM
And yet you're the one all pissed off. :lol

If by pissed off you mean laughing at your faggotry, then yeah I'm steaming. :tu

mkurts
02-10-2015, 12:36 AM
Parker is the head of the snake

His scoring must account for at least 20% of Spurs points every game

He must be dominant for the team to succeed

FkLA
02-10-2015, 12:40 AM

True, its not like the Spurs took out the Thunder and obliterated the Heatles with Rique taking a back seat or anything.

Cry Havoc
02-10-2015, 12:47 AM
If by pissed off you mean laughing at your faggotry, then yeah I'm steaming. :tu

You and your krew should make another 50 threads to show how not pissed off you are. That'll show us.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
02-10-2015, 12:47 AM
True, its not like the Spurs took out the Thunder and obliterated the Heatles with Rique taking a back seat or anything.

he led the team in scoring in both series

dabom
02-10-2015, 12:48 AM
You and your krew should make another 50 threads to show how not pissed off you are. That'll show us.

Who is us? :lmao

Cry Havoc
he led the team in scoring in the entire playoffs

Cry Havoc
Who is us? :lmao

Everyone who's not a shitty wanna-be troll on Spurstalk? The royal us? Do you even English, motherfucker?

apalisoc_9
02-10-2015, 12:49 AM

dabom
02-10-2015, 12:50 AM

Is this like the early 2000's? PPG means jack in context. :lmao

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
02-10-2015, 12:51 AM
Is this like the early 2000's? PPG means jack in context. :lmao
This guy is like 9

dabom
02-10-2015, 12:51 AM
This guy is like 9

FkLA
02-10-2015, 01:00 AM

Or I can just post in yours, make a simple observation and watch your faggotry turn it into Kawhi vs Enrique. :)

True, he must've had a dominant WCF and Finals.

apalisoc_9
02-10-2015, 01:05 AM
Or I can just post in yours, make a simple observation and watch your faggotry turn it into Kawhi vs Enrique. :)

True, he must've had a dominant WCF and Finals.

Cry Havoc
02-10-2015, 01:08 AM

I made a game thread. Your little krew makes 50 threads about how glorious Kawhi is and how terrible Tony is, but you call me out. K. Good one. :lol

FkLA
02-10-2015, 01:15 AM
Aren't we player haters that are ruining ST though? You're supposed to be the good guy that fights us with longcats. Yet look at you ruining your own thread by turning a simple observation into Enrique vs Kawhi. Turns out you're no better than us. :lol

apalisoc_9
02-10-2015, 01:17 AM
No one made a parker thread after the game..

Why do you lie?

Enrique fans just turned a kawhi thread into another parker thread..

Stop turning every thread into a Parker thread..

It's getting old.

FkLA
02-10-2015, 01:22 AM

Why do you lie?

It's getting old.

+1

gilmor2002
02-10-2015, 01:56 AM
http://www.nba.com/spurs/video/teams/spurs/2015/02/10/Tonypostgamemp4-3514830

Parker said Hi..

hater
02-10-2015, 07:22 AM

CGD
02-10-2015, 07:49 AM
Lol, and wasn't Hill guarding him?

In all seriousness my respects to Indy. The few games I've seen this year they've always played tough notwithstanding there roster challenges. Vogel deserves some sort of recognition.

Brazil
02-10-2015, 08:12 AM

Why do you lie?

:lol no need now threads are made before he actually plays the game... that's reaching the spider net strategy

It's getting old.

oh the irony :lmao

not sure who you want to fool with your :cry I'm innocent :cry ... you started this mess it's on you to clean it up

Brazil
02-10-2015, 08:13 AM
Turns out you're no better than us. :lol

:lol so now you are happy because one poster is as shitty as you are

damn

Killakobe81
02-10-2015, 08:20 AM
The Historical

http://i.imgur.com/8XwtBVV.gif

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2010/0326/pg2_03262010_576.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B9cvMM3CIAEvO2u.jpg:large

- Not this night. Not this game. Popovich would not be denied his 1,000th NBA win again. Congrats, to arguably the greatest coach in the history of the League.

The Good

- The Pacers had 87 points with 7:11 to go in the 4th. They would score 6 total points the rest of the way. According to the Pacers announcers, it was due to the Spurs instituting a "bump" defense. :lol

- Marco Belinelli deserved far more than 6 touches this game. He was the only Spur who looked warm from 3, and at times the only guy on the court who seemed to be taking consistently good shots. He's been a quiet surprise since returning from injury so far, and seems to be fighting on defense as well. :tu

- Timothy Duncan. 8 straight points at one point, and perhaps the most important defensive play of the game when he absolutely schooled Hibbert in the post for a block. By the way, he had 5 of those. :ihit

- Tony Parker didn't have the best game, just 19 points on 17 shots, but he didn't force the issue in the 4th and dished out 6 assists with only 2 TOs. I'll take it.

- Baynes' number's don't jump off the page, but dude brought in the fourth including a severe dunk in traffic that Tiago probably will be looking at under his covers after lights out tonight.

- Kawhi had his usual impact on D tonight, but he was quiet overall. We definitely need more from him ESPECIALLY with the struggles of our shooters over the past 3-4 games. You want a max deal, Kawhi? Now's a good time to earn it.

The Bad

- Where has our other baguetted Frenchman wandered off to? Diaw seems completely lost on the court at times. He's getting lost in defensive switches and his shot isn't falling. He had a nice drive to the hoop, but elected to pass out of a 2nd one with time running down in the 4th quarter even though he had an open lane. At this point I'd have him tested for RHS (Robert Horry Syndrome).

- Patty Mills is still bringing energy, but doesn't look the same. Perhaps his shooting has led to a lack of confidence. We need a lot more from our x-factor given the struggles of the starting unit.

- Tiago Splitter. Please take a hiatus to find your manhood and come back like you actually give a shit when you catch the ball.

- Popovich. Far be it of me to criticize the man who just got 1000... but Cojo, Beli, and Baynes deserved more PT tonight. Maybe not at the same time :lol, but still, they were far and away the most energetic, impact players I saw from the Spurs outside of Duncan, who needs to keep his minutes low. Also... an iso-post up for Baynes in crunch time is not my idea of offense.

The Ugly

- That 3rd quarter. Fuck.

- Danny Green's shooting. He made some nice defensive plays in the 4th, but dude cannot hit space from the Hubble Telescope right now.

- Matt Bonner. Please stay off the court. Unless there's a soda spill. You can mop it up with the uppers of your New Balances you ruptured. I'm not a Bonner hater, either, because dude always puts out effort, but he just doesn't have it anymore.

-----

Overall, props to our guys for fighting through a 6-24 performance from 3 and getting a hard-fought W. I don't care who it's against, we're the champs and getting everyone's best shot this year. The 4th quarter was beautiful to watch.

great recap Cry fair and balanced.

in2deep
02-10-2015, 09:33 AM
thanks for the great writeup

jjktkk
02-10-2015, 10:12 AM
Nice write up, thanks for posting.

FkLA
02-10-2015, 12:25 PM
:lol so now you are happy because one poster is as shitty as you are

damn

I don't consider myself a hater since everything I say about Enrique is backed up by cold, hard facts.

I was just talking about his point of view. In his eyes we are ruining ST with player hating and he is a good poster that fights us with longcats.

Cry Havoc
02-10-2015, 12:36 PM
I don't consider myself a hater since everything I say about Enrique is backed up by cold, hard facts.

Like "forcing shots"? I wasn't aware that was a statistical category. It was especially nice when someone who actually watched the game called you out on your "cold, hard facts" though.

FireMicoHalili
02-10-2015, 12:40 PM
just curious as to why Kawhi shot poorly this game...who was guarding him? George Hill? Solomon Hill? Any good wing defenders in Indy, even? Not trolling

FireMicoHalili
02-10-2015, 12:42 PM
Kawhi made a solid pass to Belinelli. Thank God he didn't shoot in the last possession, that midrange j before Baynes' tip-in was well-guarded and had an awkward form.

FkLA
02-10-2015, 12:46 PM
Like "forcing shots"? I wasn't aware that was a statistical category. It was especially nice when someone who actually watched the game called you out on your "cold, hard facts" though.

Parker Jump Shot: Missed
02:04

Parker Layup Shot: Missed Block: Miles (2 BLK)
01:43

Parker Layup Shot: Missed
01:12

If someone like Danny/Patty who aren't great finishers go in for crowded lay-ups they're bad, forced attempts. Why is it any different for Enrique? I don't care how great he's been at finishing at the rim in the past, he hasn't gotten it done this year and should adjust his game accordingly.

Cry Havoc
02-10-2015, 12:52 PM
just curious as to why Kawhi shot poorly this game...who was guarding him? George Hill? Solomon Hill? Any good wing defenders in Indy, even? Not trolling

Kawhi will be fine. Looks like all of our guys have no legs right now, except for Marco and Patty for obvious reasons. Kawhi had some good looks, they just didn't go down.

If someone like Danny/Patty who aren't great finishers go in for crowded lay-ups they're bad, forced attempts. Why is it any different for Enrique? I don't care how great he's been at finishing at the rim in the past, he hasn't gotten it done this year and should adjust his game accordingly.

Lol. "I only hate Parker because of cold, hard, facts."

>Define forced.

Immediate backpedal.

You just keep on keeping on that you're completely objective with your hatred of a guy who's got 4 rings on our team, chief. :lol

FkLA
02-10-2015, 01:00 PM
How is that a backpedal? At the two minute mark he decided to go into hero mode by taking and missing three straight low percentage shots (for him). Unless you have something that proves that he's been a good finisher at the rim or a good midrange shooter this season you have no argument.

Cry Havoc
02-10-2015, 01:06 PM
How is that a backpedal? At the two minute mark he decided to go into hero mode by taking and missing three straight low percentage shots (for him). Unless you have something that proves that he's been a good finisher at the rim or a good midrange shooter this season you have no argument.

Parker is one of the best finishers at the rim in NBA history. Trying to put qualifiers on it like "this season" is absurd. If a layup is a "low percentage" shot for Parker (again, even discounting the fact that he was fouled repeatedly on drives that you miss when you don't watch the game), you're basically stating that Parker shouldn't ever shoot, since a layup is still obviously going to be the highest percentage shot he can take anywhere on the court. So, congrats. Your rhetoric is now that any shot Parker takes is a bad one. Sounds objective to me.

But then again, watching the games helps too. Maybe you should try that.

FkLA
02-10-2015, 01:10 PM
Let's not get off track here though.

I want to know why you decided to drag Kawhi into a conversation about Enrique. MI21 didn't feel the need to take a shot at Kawhi in order to defend Enrique. I want to know why you felt the need to do that to a player that helped us get 5, chief?

Cry Havoc
02-10-2015, 01:12 PM
Let's not get off track here though.

I want to know why you decided to drag Kawhi into a conversation about Enrique. MI21 didn't feel the need to take a shot at Kawhi in order to defend Enrique. I want to know why you felt the need to do that to a player that helped us get 5, chief?

Bailing on the argument.

FkLA
02-10-2015, 01:17 PM
Parker is one of the best finishers at the rim in NBA history. Trying to put qualifiers on it like "this season" is absurd. If a layup is a "low percentage" shot for Parker (again, even discounting the fact that he was fouled repeatedly on drives that you miss when you don't watch the game), you're basically stating that Parker shouldn't ever shoot, since a layup is still obviously going to be the highest percentage shot he can take anywhere on the court. So, congrats. Your rhetoric is now that any shot Parker takes is a bad one. Sounds objective to me.

But then again, watching the games helps too. Maybe you should try that.

Why shouldn't I focus on this season moron? Players decline. If he can no longer get it done like he used to then he needs to adjust his game accordingly. That goes for anyone not just Enrique. Kobe used to be a lethal scorer, doesn't mean he should've had the green light to shoot like one when he clearly can't get it done anymore.

Contested lay-ups have not been the highest percentage shot for him this season. That's just the fanboy in you speaking. :lol

FkLA
02-10-2015, 01:18 PM

Bailing on the argument.

Nope. I don't have a problem responding to your dumb takes.

Would be nice if you didn't keep dodging the lone question I'm asking you though. :tu

Cry Havoc
02-10-2015, 01:29 PM
Why shouldn't I focus on this season moron? Players decline. If he can no longer get it done like he used to then he needs to adjust his game accordingly. That goes for anyone not just Enrique. Kobe used to be a lethal scorer, doesn't mean he should've had the green light to shoot like one when he clearly can't get it done anymore.

Contested lay-ups have not been the highest percentage shot for him this season. That's just the fanboy in you speaking. :lol

Nope. I don't have a problem responding to your dumb takes.

Would be nice if you didn't keep dodging the lone question I'm asking you though. :tu

:lol Mad.

You should make some threads about how upset you are. :tu

FkLA
02-10-2015, 01:49 PM
http://sirviper.com/div/mig61.jpg

eject eject eject

wildbill2u
02-10-2015, 02:04 PM
Seems like this was the first time all year where the Spurs showed they could come back in the fourth from a sizable deficit and win. Some luck involved since Kwahi drove into the teeth of the defense and was blocked by three players before he was able to throw around one to Bellinelli in the corner and he just beat the buzzer--but hey, a win is a win.

Chomag
02-10-2015, 02:20 PM
It was really fun watching the fight back and win in the 4th but damn there is some useless players that are hurting the Spurs out there. I just hope to see more of a consistent fight from them like they did in the 4th quarter going forward, and thats all I ever ask as a Spurs fun,

This is still a great team but they need to start acting like the great team they are.

apalisoc_9
02-10-2015, 02:52 PM
eject eject eject

So are you going to answer FKLA question or not?

People start name calling when they've run out of ideas to support their horrible basketball takes.

Brazil
02-10-2015, 03:09 PM

I was just talking about his point of view. In his eyes we are ruining ST with player hating and he is a good poster that fights us with longcats.

of course you are a Parker hater and you were one of the most dominant parker hater once tbh... now you are seeing and smelling blood and cannot help yourself from shooting the ambulance over and over.

You root for him to suck, you enjoy every single loss where you can put the blame on him. When he is a decent game you cannot hold yourself on the :cry but but it was against boobie :cry

and don't get me started about your cold hard facts like... dude is jealous, he is not a good team mate, he prefers see his team lose than seeing other spurs players shining :lmao

if you are not a hater then my name is Roberto Diaz and I spend my time on ST denying I'm mexican

Brazil
02-10-2015, 03:11 PM
People start name calling when they've run out of ideas to support their horrible basketball takes.

Like calling a player a piece of shit disrespecting spurs jersey ? this kind of name calling ? or calling someone a shitty vanila poster ? dat kind of stuff ?

:lol faggot

02-10-2015, 03:16 PM
Defense won the game and they overcame a plethora of Danny Green 3 point misses by getting a couple of key offensive rebounds.

As poorly as they've played at times, it's almost surprising they're only a game back for the #5 seed.

apalisoc_9
02-10-2015, 03:19 PM
This was a good thread but the kawhi haters and parker lovers just turned this into another hate thread..

Let it rest.

Stop ruining good threads.

hater
02-10-2015, 03:30 PM
Defense won the game and they overcame a plethora of Danny Green 3 point misses by getting a couple of key offensive rebounds.

As poorly as they've played at times, it's almost surprising they're only a game back for the #5 seed.

I guess it was a combination of increased Defensive intensity and Pacers choking. Pacers were playing well, but they have no goto superstars. That is the fate that awaits Atlanta in the playoffs.

But that said, it was Tim Duncan(on D) who along with Beli(on O) won the game for us. They wrapped the 1k win for Pop in a golden platter

RD2191
02-10-2015, 03:37 PM
Parker is done. Too old and too slow. Needs to man up and let cojo or mills take over.

FkLA
02-10-2015, 03:42 PM
of course you are a Parker hater and you were one of the most dominant parker hater once tbh... now you are seeing and smelling blood and cannot help yourself from shooting the ambulance over and over.

You root for him to suck, you enjoy every single loss where you can put the blame on him. When he is a decent game you cannot hold yourself on the :cry but but it was against boobie :cry

and don't get me started about your cold hard facts like... dude is jealous, he is not a good team mate, he prefers see his team lose than seeing other spurs players shining :lmao

if you are not a hater then my name is Roberto Diaz and I spend my time on ST denying I'm mexican

He has a well documented history of disappearing in the playoffs. Or a tendency to go into hero mode. I've always disliked that, not him personally.

Posters like you and timvp used the 'he gave it his best it's not his fault he's not good enough to get us to the Finals :cry' card after he choked in '12. But I always expected more and it was proven that I was right in expecting more when he got us to the Finals in '13. If you recall I was ecstatic when he got us there and was even rocking an Enrique avatar. I don't mind being wrong or seeing him play at a dominant level.

But if it makes you feel better to say I get joy out him sucking then go for it brah. :tu

dabom
02-10-2015, 04:00 PM
Parker is done. Too old and too slow. Needs to man up and let cojo or mills take over.

:bobo

apalisoc_9
02-10-2015, 04:03 PM
in 2012-2013 FKLA was one of the biggest Parker fans..

It almost felt like he was fanboy..that's why i didn't like him back then because i don't like fanboys in general..

But now i realize FKLA is a true team fan and not a player fan.

FkLA
02-10-2015, 04:05 PM

It almost felt like he was fanboy..that's why i didn't like him back then because i don't like fanboys in general..

:bobo:flag:

Legacy
02-10-2015, 04:07 PM
Man, this place is seriously turning into a fucking cesspool. Makes me want to take a "leave of absence." :lmao

TheGreatYacht
02-10-2015, 06:41 PM
Leave of absence :lmao

Cry Havoc
02-10-2015, 07:26 PM
Man, this place is seriously turning into a fucking cesspool. Makes me want to take a "leave of absense." :lmao

We should make multiple threads about how awesome our favorite players are.

hater
02-10-2015, 07:58 PM
Man, this place is seriously turning into a fucking cesspool. Makes me want to take a "leave of absense." :lmao

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Brazil
02-10-2015, 09:19 PM
But if it makes you feel better to say I get joy out him sucking then go for it brah. :tu

feel better ? :lol

just telling like it is... cold hard fact. If not for your own joy you would not spend your time creating a thread per day about him and posting 80% of your time about how bad he sucks.

Brazil
02-10-2015, 09:21 PM

you really believe we are that dumb tbh ?

pjjrfan
02-10-2015, 10:58 PM
At this point the Spurs are not playing good defense, they are missing a lot of shots where they are getting excellent looks but the biggest thing is they turn the ball over a lot, one game it's manu another it's tony, or Tim or Green or Boris against Toronto that last two quarters were hard to watch lack of execution sloppy play turnovers and lousy defense. Which leads me to last night. This game looked like a typical loss for the Spurs but somehow the bench play got us back and the teams focus was sharp on defense and on offense, this is a good sign, they need a game like this to get them back on track, Indiana may not be an elite team but they are a scrappy team that fights, and for this team they needed a win that meant something getting that win for Pop but now they can focus on getting their act together if they can bring this same intensity and focus against Detroit I can see real good things for this team.

apalisoc_9
02-10-2015, 11:15 PM

you really believe we are that dumb tbh ?

FKLA was one of the biggest parker fans 2 years ago..I still remember his threads and takes then.

Not sure why you think we're trolling..We've consistently provided stats and to back up our claims.

FkLA
02-10-2015, 11:27 PM
I'll go even further. Do a quick search on my screen name+the word Enrique and you'll see that I rarely if ever used it prior to this season. Used to think it was stupid and that TDMVPDPOY was full of shit. This year the nickname just fits him though since he's so bad yet refuses to adjust his role.

K...
02-11-2015, 12:11 AM
He doesn't accept his role? Do you mean we don't have a coach who decides things?

Sean Cagney
02-11-2015, 04:29 AM

Tony is bad right now agreed but those two players ceiling is??? Back up PGs, so where will that lead? We better hope Tony turns it around.