PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Team Killers: Mo Williams et al

DMC
02-10-2015, 03:13 PM
So I see Mo Williams has been traded to a "PG ready team". Mo Williams is a piece of shit team killer. He's good enough to be given enough minutes to kill said team by being a chucker extraordinaire.

Who are the team killers in the league other than Mo Williams? These guys move around and never do anything but give the false impression that they add depth to the roster.

apalisoc_9
02-10-2015, 03:22 PM
Jordan...:lmao

Mo Williams :lmao

CitizenDwayne
02-10-2015, 03:28 PM
Jarrett Jack.

hater
02-10-2015, 03:33 PM
Drew Gooden, Carlos Boozer

baseline bum
02-10-2015, 03:40 PM
Antawn Jamison is the king of team killing empty stats with horrible defense. I can't think of any team that ever got better when adding him. Mo Williams is in that same ballpark though, along with Randy Foye and the great Antoine Walker.

baseline bum
02-10-2015, 03:50 PM
Shit, how did I forget Richard Jefferson? He is a definite team killer with empty stats and no D also.

Double-Up
02-10-2015, 04:00 PM
Antoine Walker?

DMC
02-10-2015, 04:10 PM
Notable that two notable team killers were with Lebron around the same time.

How about Joe Johnson? Matt Barnes?

Dex
02-10-2015, 04:20 PM
:lmao Kobe Bean Bryant :lmao

MarCowMar
02-10-2015, 04:27 PM
1st Team: Josh Smith

2nd Team: Rondo, Al Jefferson, Stoudemire, Carmelo, Kyrie Irving

sook
02-10-2015, 05:44 PM
1st Team: Josh Smith

2nd Team: Rondo, Al Jefferson, Stoudemire, Carmelo, Kyrie Irving

Josh smith has actually been helping the rockets a lot since Dwight went down.

hater
02-10-2015, 05:49 PM
Antawn Jamison is the king of team killing empty stats with horrible defense. I can't think of any team that ever got better when adding him.

he fit in well with the Wizards tbh. Antoine, Zero and Caron were bad ass mofos. Until the other team got the ball :lol

Chris
02-10-2015, 06:00 PM
Blake Griffin apparently

The Reckoning
02-10-2015, 06:12 PM
pretty much any "super star" in the east tbh

and deron williams

FuzzyLumpkins
02-10-2015, 07:05 PM
Antoine Walker played 25 mpg including over 30 mpg in the playoffs for a championship team.

I get that he is a favorite to handvave for you guys' racist reasoning but he was a mmajor contributor on a team that rang. It belies the whole 'team killer' bullshit.

Be happy because he blew all his money so you can perpetuate the notion that black people cannot handle money.

Leetonidas
02-10-2015, 07:13 PM
Jamal Crawford tbh no team with him on it has ever done shit

FkLA
02-10-2015, 07:18 PM
Avid Lee
Carlos Boozer
Kevin Martin
14-15 Enrique
Caron Butler

Honestly any rotation player that can't play decent defense should be on the shit list. Only exception is for the select few that are elite offensively.

RsxPiimp
02-10-2015, 07:42 PM
he fit in well with the Wizards tbh.

Yeah, I was going to post this. Jamison was a great locker room guy. He was the embodiment of leadership on and off the court for the Wiz for sure. I'm a DC native so I can vouch for his character. He's probably one of the biggest reason the Wiz made consecutive playoff appearances despite having knuckleheads like Nick Young, Arenas, Andray Blatche and Deshawn Stevenson in the team :lol

He was also a class act in 2012 when he was playing for the Lakers.

Sean Cagney
02-10-2015, 07:44 PM
Jarrett Jack.

That bald head fuck gave us fits in the 013 playoffs though, he started to really get on my nerves by the end of that series. I agree though.

baseline bum
02-10-2015, 07:46 PM
Antoine Walker played 25 mpg including over 30 mpg in the playoffs for a championship team.

I get that he is a favorite to handvave for you guys' racist reasoning but he was a mmajor contributor on a team that rang. It belies the whole 'team killer' bullshit.

Be happy because he blew all his money so you can perpetuate the notion that black people cannot handle money.

The Antoine Walker trade wrecked a Mavs team that looked like it was going to be a serious title contender after the 2003 WCF. Miami won the title in 06 in spite of him and his 43.5% shooting because Wade went nuts in the ECF and Finals. Walker had some of the worst shot selection I have ever seen and I felt bad for Pierce having to give shots up to that fat piece of shit in his Celtics days. Walker made those Celtics teams the most unwatchable since the Fratello Cavs.

FuzzyLumpkins
02-10-2015, 08:04 PM
The Antoine Walker trade wrecked a Mavs team that looked like it was going to be a serious title contender after the 2003 WCF. Miami won the title in 06 in spite of him and his 43.5% shooting because Wade went nuts in the ECF and Finals. Walker had some of the worst shot selection I have ever seen and I felt bad for Pierce having to give shots up to that fat piece of shit in his Celtics days. Walker made those Celtics teams the most unwatchable since the Fratello Cavs.

You can try and spin it however you want but he didn't kill anything. His true shooting percentage was 53% 2006. He shot a lot of threes hitting an acceptable 36%.

If you are a major contributor on a championship team, it precludes you from 'team killer.'

RsxPiimp
02-10-2015, 08:07 PM
If you are a major contributor on a championship team, it precludes you from 'team killer.'

2003-2004 Kobe

scanry
02-10-2015, 08:09 PM
Jarrett Jack
Dicky Jefferson
Carmelo Anthony
Stephen Jackson
Antoine Jamisson
Mo Williams

FuzzyLumpkins
02-10-2015, 08:09 PM
2003-2004 Kobe

As fun as the MVPau and Diesel arguments are, they weren't going to ring without Bryant.

baseline bum
02-10-2015, 08:29 PM
You can try and spin it however you want but he didn't kill anything. His true shooting percentage was 53% 2006. He shot a lot of threes hitting an acceptable 36%.

He wasn't a major contributor. He was a warm body on that team. And since when is it racist to call a guy a team killer for having horrible shot selection and no other skill?

Dirk Oneanddoneski
02-10-2015, 08:31 PM
http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/files/2012/09/J.R.-Smith.gif

FuzzyLumpkins
02-10-2015, 08:35 PM
He wasn't a major contributor. He was a warm body on that team. And since when is it racist to call a guy a team killer for having horrible shot selection and no other skill?

A warm body that started and played 25 mpg and 35 mpg in the playoffs. His line was 12/3/2 and PER 14. If horrible shot selection results in a 52% TS% that is fine with me.

As for the racism comment, I was referring to the takes posted here about him overall over the past 10 years. I'm not pointing the finger at particulars.

Maybe we just have different ideas of what team killer implies. It means to me that you cannot win with him. That clearly is not the case.

Clipper Nation
02-10-2015, 08:38 PM
:lol So many shitty takes in this thread, from "you're racist for calling one of the biggest chuckers in NBA history a team killer" to "MVPau and Shaq wouldn't have rang without Kirby."

DMC
02-10-2015, 09:17 PM
This is about guys who move around the league and get a lot of minutes and basically is a facade of "hope". These guys don't deliver, but they have enough stat games to keep their name in the mix. When teams realize they are shit players, they trade them and some other team pays too much again. Kobe has been on the same team his entire career. He has 5 rings. Can't call him the team killer. He's a cancer, sure, but he's not the facade. We all know what he is.

Venti Quattro
02-10-2015, 09:21 PM
Mo Williams
Jamal Crawford
Nate Robinson
Carmelo

We all know what he is.
A winner despite his shortcomings

FkLA
02-10-2015, 09:24 PM
^Nate Robinson is a good one.

Robz4000
02-10-2015, 09:35 PM
Gangbanger is a team cancer nowadays

DMC
02-10-2015, 10:45 PM
Mo Williams
Jamal Crawford
Nate Robinson
Carmelo

A winner despite his shortcomings
So is Matt Bonner

Venti Quattro
02-10-2015, 10:46 PM
So is Matt Bonner

And Brian Scalabrine. All winners who knew what they had to do to ring

DMC
02-10-2015, 11:25 PM
And Brian Scalabrine. All winners who knew what they had to do to ring

The OP isn't about Kobe, but then Kobe didn't do what he needed to do to ring. His franchise signed who they needed to sign. Kobe did the same thing he's always done, which is to shoot the ball every chance he gets. Kobe didn't sacrifice minutes to other players, didn't mentor anyone to make them better, didn't take a salary cut to get this or that guy... he just shot the ball all the time. If you want to spin that to "did what he needed to do to win", that's your row to hoe.

Tuddy
02-11-2015, 12:09 AM
Iverson is the GOAT

DeadlyDynasty
02-11-2015, 12:26 AM
Ricky Davis
Jamal Crawford
JR Rider
Stephon Marbury

DeadlyDynasty
02-11-2015, 12:32 AM
and jesus christ, fuzzy...gtfoh w/ that bullshit. You're crusading against some racial injustice that you just conjured out of thin air. AW is just a failure of an athlete and a human being. Might as well give kudos to White Chocolate as well if we're celebrating negligible playoff impact.

Calispursfan11
02-11-2015, 12:53 AM
:lmao Another classic thread. Will read again :lmao

DMC Posted A Picture of His Hand (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=228738)

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=228738

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a68/Koolbreezey/DMCHand_zps86eecc97.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a68/Koolbreezey/_DMCHand_zps028db95d.jpg

fat & yellow hand, tbh

his fingers are just long enough for him to take hold of his erected Asian dick and masturbate. Asians don't need long fingers anyway, when their dicks are mostly the same size as their thumbs imho.

FuzzyLumpkins
02-11-2015, 05:46 AM
and jesus christ, fuzzy...gtfoh w/ that bullshit. You're crusading against some racial injustice that you just conjured out of thin air. AW is just a failure of an athlete and a human being. Might as well give kudos to White Chocolate as well if we're celebrating negligible playoff impact.

You still a nazi sympathizer proud of your family's nazi tradition? If so, your complaint doesn't mean much of shit to me.

DeadlyDynasty
02-11-2015, 06:05 AM
Not so much a complaint as it is curiosity why you would make shit up...I'm sure you have your reasons, though.
My grandather was in the Wehrmacht, so that doesn't make him a Nazi. I'm proud of my German heritageif that's what you're really asking.

DeadlyDynasty
02-11-2015, 06:44 AM
You're telling me you don't like a fat-ass PF that jacks up 28-footers and plays no defense? Fucking racist

smaka
02-11-2015, 12:27 PM
Don't know if somebody already mentioned it, but Isaiah Thomas is one strong case as well..

hater
02-11-2015, 12:30 PM
Melo is the greatest team killer in history imo

MateoNeygro
02-11-2015, 01:20 PM
JR Smith
Mo Williams
Greg Oden LOL

mavsfan1000
02-11-2015, 01:31 PM
Rondo

Horse
02-11-2015, 01:47 PM
Definitely nick young

Killakobe81
02-11-2015, 02:55 PM
The OP isn't about Kobe, but then Kobe didn't do what he needed to do to ring. His franchise signed who they needed to sign. Kobe did the same thing he's always done, which is to shoot the ball every chance he gets. Kobe didn't sacrifice minutes to other players, didn't mentor anyone to make them better, didn't take a salary cut to get this or that guy... he just shot the ball all the time. If you want to spin that to "did what he needed to do to win", that's your row to hoe.

wont do this dance but some untruths in there. He has mentored players (not smush though) LOL

DMC
02-11-2015, 04:34 PM
wont do this dance but some untruths in there. He has mentored players (not smush though) LOL
No he hasn't.

Jodelo
02-11-2015, 04:50 PM
Draymond Green?

I mean, he does not fit, eh?

FuzzyLumpkins
02-11-2015, 06:18 PM
Not so much a complaint as it is curiosity why you would make shit up...I'm sure you have your reasons, though.
My grandather was in the Wehrmacht, so that doesn't make him a Nazi. I'm proud of my German heritageif that's what you're really asking.

As for the Nazi bit, half schtick, half respect. My paternal grandfather fought in the Wehrmacht (not the SS-nazi crazies, i know)...but I respect the hell out of a party that turned a ruined, desperate and depraved country back into a superpower in short order.

Never mind that that you have to go back to the the Golden Horde to find a worse example of systematic genocide, they made the German people a shit ton of money so they could fund the Holocaust!

As for you other whine. Remember mutually exclusivity? Can someone not like a player because he displays negative stereotypes associated with blacks and at the same time not like his defense?

If you can, then your argument doesn't demonstrate shit other than the typical racist dodge. No one is ever racist in their own mind.

DMC
02-11-2015, 08:15 PM
Draymond Green?

I mean, he does not fit, eh?
He doesn't and that's why he'll be on another team next year.

DMC
02-11-2015, 08:17 PM
Never mind that that you have to go back to the the Golden Horde to find a worse example of systematic genocide, they made the German people a shit ton of money so they could fund the Holocaust!

As for you other whine. Remember mutually exclusivity? Can someone not like a player because he displays negative stereotypes associated with blacks and at the same time not like his defense?

If you can, then your argument doesn't demonstrate shit other than the typical racist dodge. No one is ever racist in their own mind.
That last statement is a false, sweeping generalization. False because you cannot know what other people believe themselves to be, and false because it's a sweeping generalization.

FuzzyLumpkins
02-11-2015, 10:09 PM
That last statement is a false, sweeping generalization. False because you cannot know what other people believe themselves to be, and false because it's a sweeping generalization.

Do you think your racist?

DeadlyDynasty
02-11-2015, 10:47 PM

Still not sure what any of this has to do with Antoine Walker being a victim of racism. He is an idiot in real life, and he was a fat-chucker on the court. If he'd have been white and done those same things he'd still be an idiot and a fat-chucker.

I'm also confused as to how the Holocaust has anything to do with this thread:lol...but while we're on this derailed train Mao and Stalin were infinitely worse mass-murderers--but apparently starving your own kind is not frowned upon by leftists.

Either way, all that stuff is water under the bridge now. Still curious where you're going with this, though.

FuzzyLumpkins
02-11-2015, 10:50 PM
Still not sure what any of this has to do with Antoine Walker being a victim of racism. He is an idiot in real life, and he was a fat-chucker on the court. If he'd of been white and done those same things he'd still be an idiot and a fat-chucker.

I'm also confused as to how the Holocaust has anything to do with this thread:lol...but while we're on this derailed train Mao and Stalin were infinitely worse mass-murderers--but apparently starving your own kind is not frowned upon by leftists.

Either way, all that stuff is water under the bridge now. Let's talk more about how Walker is a victim of racism

Your opinion is in this thread. And the opinion of a nazi sympathizer and excuse maker is not exactly objective. It speaks to your credibility on the subject.

As I said before your opinion on this given that doesn't mean shit to me. You don't think that black athletes are prone to racial stereotypes and ridicule here. Great. :rolleyes

DMC
02-11-2015, 10:52 PM
Do you think your racist?
My racist what?

DeadlyDynasty
02-11-2015, 10:54 PM
Your opinion is in this thread. And the opinion of a nazi sympathizer and excuse maker is not exactly objective. It speaks to your credibility on the subject.

As I said before your opinion on this given that doesn't mean shit to me. You don't think that black athletes are prone to racial stereotypes and ridicule here. Great. :rolleyes

ok let's say for a second I really was a Nazi--what does that have to do with YOU making shit up (unprovoked I might add) about the perceptions of AW?

JoeTait75
02-11-2015, 11:03 PM

Got a friend who is black, and his least favorite NBA player of all time is Antoine Walker.

FuzzyLumpkins
02-12-2015, 12:35 AM
ok let's say for a second I really was a Nazi--what does that have to do with YOU making shit up (unprovoked I might add) about the perceptions of AW?

Seeing that you are the one making the accusation of me making up shit: everything.

DeadlyDynasty
02-12-2015, 12:38 AM
Seeing that you are the one making the accusation of me making up shit: everything.
7/10 trolljob

FuzzyLumpkins
02-12-2015, 12:38 AM
My racist what?

So you are going to dodge the question. Not unusual considering that you were trying to sell regarding the warrior gene; I am not surprised you would go the intentionally obtuse route.

FuzzyLumpkins
02-12-2015, 12:39 AM
7/10 trolljob

Well nice to see you abandon your credibility.

DeadlyDynasty
02-12-2015, 12:49 AM
Well nice to see you abandon your credibility.
You just completely made something up, then when 2 different posters called you out you had no evidence to back up your asinine claim, just "You're a Nazi!" Well, you're a communist so you have no credibility either. See? That was so easy.

FuzzyLumpkins
02-12-2015, 12:56 AM
You just completely made something up, then when 2 different posters called you out you had no evidence to back up your asinine claim, just "You're a Nazi!" Well, you're a communist so you have no credibility either. See? That was so easy.

You just got done telling us all about how your grandfather fought for the Germans in WW2 and how proud you were of it. Also how you admired the Nazi regime.

When I say that my grandfather fought for the Soviets and how much I admire their totalitarianism then you have a point. Until then you are just whining because you outed yourself and your having your nose rubbed in it.

FWIW, my grandfather was an officer in the first army under Patton and Bradley. I'm proud of that and will never cowardly dissemble from that like we are seeing you do here.

DeadlyDynasty
02-12-2015, 01:13 AM
You just got done telling us all about how your grandfather fought for the Germans in WW2 and how proud you were of it. Also how you admired the Nazi regime.

When I say that my grandfather fought for the Soviets and how much I admire their totalitarianism then you have a point. Until then you are just whining because you outed yourself and your having your nose rubbed in it.

FWIW, my grandfather was an officer in the first army under Patton and Bradley. I'm proud of that and will never cowardly dissemble from that like we are seeing you do here.
Your grandfather would be ashamed of what a limousine liberal pussy you've become.:lol

Who's dissembling?--he fought for his country (was a soldier, not a death camp commandant)--so yeah, there's pride there. As for the Nazis, they restored national pride to what was a crippled nation. Sure they had their bad moments and some people died along the way, but like I said that's all water under the bridge now. Didn't seem to upset the US too much, we gladly took them in to get NASA started and help with Soviet counter-intelligence.

DMC
02-12-2015, 08:50 AM
So you are going to dodge the question. Not unusual considering that you were trying to sell regarding the warrior gene; I am not surprised you would go the intentionally obtuse route.
I was merely following up with how you approached me. Are you racist, Fuzzy?

unleashbaynes
02-12-2015, 09:39 AM
Every nation on earth has skeletons in their closet....the US has done plenty if abhorrent shit over the years, so i guess anyone who lives there must be someone who wants to own slaves and is OK with letting Japanese that experimented on live humans go scot-free.....

FuzzyLumpkins
02-12-2015, 05:42 PM
I was merely following up with how you approached me. Are you racist, Fuzzy?

No I never used grammar smack. I asked you first. You going to dissemble?

I believe race is a human construct because of our fixation on visual input and that is about it. Remember our discussion on haplo groups, genetic drift, and genetic populations that you ran from before?

DMC
02-12-2015, 08:44 PM
No I never used grammar smack. I asked you first. You going to dissemble?

I believe race is a human construct because of our fixation on visual input and that is about it. Remember our discussion on haplo groups, genetic drift, and genetic populations that you ran from before?
So you're denying it? Racist.

All racists deny it.

FuzzyLumpkins
02-12-2015, 08:48 PM
So you're denying it? Racist.

All racists deny it.

You suck at logic and sets. The word 'is' does not imply the equality functions both ways.

You sound petulant though.

DMC
02-12-2015, 08:55 PM
You suck at logic and sets. The word 'is' does not imply the equality functions both ways.

You sound petulant though.

"No one" is all exclusive when it comes to being racist in their minds, ergo racists are not racists in their minds. It's your generalization, not mine. I'd like to know how you can know what other people believe, especially all other people.

You sound full of shit, but we know that already.

FuzzyLumpkins
02-12-2015, 10:32 PM
"No one" is all exclusive when it comes to being racist in their minds, ergo racists are not racists in their minds. It's your generalization, not mine. I'd like to know how you can know what other people believe, especially all other people.

You sound full of shit, but we know that already.

Now you're changing arguments, coward. You were saying that because all x = y that meant that y = all x. Now you are quibbling over the word all.

Alright I will relent. All should be changed to the 'vast majority in the US.' It is much more prevalent than that warrior gene that was non-unique to any race you were touting.

You certainly speak to my point. You don't want to answer my question because you know it demonstrates you are an example of what I am talking about. Must suck having to be two faced all the time at work and the like. At least you here you can spew your shit and not be held to account for it.

DMC
02-12-2015, 10:42 PM
^Chump-Philo comes into my NBA thread crying racism over Antoine Walker and says I'm the coward. "Vast majority" is just as impossible for you to know. In fact, you can only speak for yourself, so are you racist?

mavsfan1000
04-27-2015, 02:36 PM
Rondo
I called it.

DMC
04-27-2015, 05:54 PM
I called it.
You cannot call a guy a team killer if he's only been on one other team. He's not why Dallas will lose to the Rockets. I'm sure Monta will have his say regarding that. Maybe look to Cuban and why he thought it was better to blow up a championship team then try to reassemble it a few years later. Cuban is the team killer in that aspect.