PDA

View Full Version : Bush and the Hurricane

MiNuS
09-02-2005, 09:40 AM
Hurricane Katrina Category 5 FIVE! 175 mph and Mr Jack ass Presidente is on freaking vacation!
I was wondering how different this would all be if slick Willy would be in the oval office. At least we would see him in a air boat on the ground not flying over in a JET! We would see that classic thumbs up and more caring! This BUSH(Beast Under Satans Hatred) has not done ONE good THING! I hate being a DEMOCRAT in TEXAS!

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-02-2005, 09:42 AM
^^^^^^^ hey fag, take it to the political forum. "Mr Jackass" is on his way to New Orleans as we speak, where are you today?

SWC Bonfire
09-02-2005, 09:43 AM
Mr Jack ass Presidente is on freaking vacation!

You are aware that a jackass is the logo of the Democratic party, right?:lol

samikeyp
09-02-2005, 09:44 AM
Shoot 'em in the head, spray paint looter on their forehead, and leave them in the street.

*seconds the motion*

Marklar MM
09-02-2005, 09:45 AM
*seconds the motion*

That will lead to disease if left in the street.

SpursWoman
09-02-2005, 09:46 AM
Hurricane Katrina Category 5 FIVE! 175 mph and Mr Jack ass Presidente is on freaking vacation!
I was wondering how different this would all be if slick Willy would be in the oval office. At least we would see him in a air boat on the ground not flying over in a JET! We would see that classic thumbs up and more caring! This BUSH(Beast Under Satans Hatred) has not done ONE good THING! I hate being a DEMOCRAT in TEXAS!

STFU

ObiwanGinobili
09-02-2005, 09:47 AM
Anyone watching news conferance with the Congresional balck Caucus and the NAACP?

samikeyp
09-02-2005, 09:47 AM

It hit as a 4 at 145 and Bush cut his vacation short. You assume that he doesn't work on these vacations? If Clinton was president, he couldn't get down there any faster. You can't just drop the President off and say "pick you up at 7" the Secret Service has to do a lot of things to ensure the President's safety. Although you strike me as the type that if one of these 'tards who are shooting at people killed Bush, you would throw a party.

AHF is right...take your sorry ass into the political forum.

ObiwanGinobili
09-02-2005, 09:48 AM
Also- I heard that those giant NO water rats have been seen chewing on bodies.

someone please tell me that's just a rumour.

samikeyp
That will lead to disease if left in the street.

you are right....shoot them, paint looter on them, show them on TV then truck them out.

Aggie Hoopsfan
Anyone watching news conferance with the Congresional balck Caucus and the NAACP?

So, how many times have they mentioned persecution of the black man so far?

samikeyp
09-02-2005, 09:49 AM

someone please tell me that's just a rumour.

I hope it is but it I could see it happening.....animals have to eat too and they will eat whatever they can find.

SpursWoman
09-02-2005, 09:50 AM

someone please tell me that's just a rumour..

Why would you think that's a rumor....those nasty bastards do that on a normal day.

:( X 1,000,000

2pac
On vacation? When this hit, he headed to DC. He even flew low over NO to survey the damage and will walk the streets today. I hate morons.

MiNuS
^^^^^^^ hey fag, take it to the political forum. "Mr Jackass" is on his way to New Orleans as we speak, where are you today?

Inge tu Madre estupido! This stupid president is the most inept "leader" the USA has ever had to date.

I have already given to the Red Cross and it didn't take me a week to do it!
I have already donated alot of food and clothes also. What have you done?
You're just here posting day in and day out on this thread and you ARE not in
New Orleans!

ObiwanGinobili
09-02-2005, 09:52 AM

Why would you think that's a rumor....those nasty bastards do that on a normal day.

:( X 1,000,000

Becasue if it;s a rumour then I may succed in getting these nasty mental images out of my head.
:depressed

this is horrific. if there was a better word than horrific I would use it.

SpursWoman
09-02-2005, 09:52 AM
Inge tu Madre estupido! This stupid president is the most inept "leader" the USA has ever had to date.

You are an i.d.i.o.t. Go get in your circle-jerk with boutons and get it the hell out of this thread.

samikeyp
09-02-2005, 09:53 AM
New Orleans!

Neither are you.

Trainwreck2100

New Orleans!

Hoover is the worst president the USA has had to this date.

travis2
"minusplus" obviously refers to his brain and his butt, respectively...

SpursWoman
this is horrific. if there was a better word than horrific I would use it.

I know ... I couldn't find an emoticon stronger than :( X 1,000,000. Just too messed-up for words.

ObiwanGinobili
09-02-2005, 09:54 AM
So, how many times have they mentioned persecution of the black man so far?

Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick in DET got together a private coalition , talked with some airlines, etc etc.
They are going to go airlift out 5,000 people , put them on planes and fly them to DET. They are gonna put them up in houses and give them clothes food and medical attention. Apparently ASAP. they said "NOW".

not bad. I hope it happens.

SpursWoman
09-02-2005, 09:55 AM
Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick in DET got together a private coalition , talked with some airlines, etc etc.
They are going to go airlift out 5,000 people , put them on planes and fly them to DET. They are gonna put them up in houses and give them clothes food and medical attention. Apparently ASAP. they said "NOW".

Me, too. Hopefully they won't get shot at for their efforts. :fro

SWC Bonfire
09-02-2005, 09:56 AM
I was just thinking, this thing is going to turn into Grapes of Wrath-like proportions with far-reaching implications. A lot of these people are going to stay here, and most of them will be because they can't afford to move back and rebuild.

SpursWoman
09-02-2005, 09:57 AM

How are they going to get planes in there with no air traffic control? Or have they fixed that problem yet....? :wtf

ObiwanGinobili
09-02-2005, 09:57 AM
I know ... I couldn't find an emoticon stronger than :( X 1,000,000. Just too messed-up for words.

exactly.
males me really wish i hadn't watched that thing on Discovery about the rats last month.

We are going to be dealing with this for years ..... :wow. Even with all the news coverage I'm having a hard time comprehending the scope of it.
Liek my eyeballs arn't big enough.

ObiwanGinobili
09-02-2005, 09:58 AM
How are they going to get planes in there with no air traffic control? Or have they fixed that problem yet....? :wtf

I think since it;s a humanatarin mission they have permission form DHS/FEMA to land at the airport.
I would've heard all the details but CNN cut the lady off for some military dude.

edit: since I rember them saying the airport is open to humanitarin and military flights.

MiNuS
09-02-2005, 10:00 AM
You are an i.d.i.o.t. Go get in your circle-jerk with boutons and get it the hell out of this thread.I see,I see. I don't take your direct response seriously because you don't know me.

So go ahead and keep being in your i.d.i.o.t. circle. Don't include me thank you! If I'm here it's because I am a Spurs fan. I can careless who you are and what you do what you think. If I don't direct a post to you don't direct a post to me.

I am only venting.

Extra Stout
09-02-2005, 10:07 AM
I was just thinking, this thing is going to turn into Grapes of Wrath-like proportions with far-reaching implications. A lot of these people are going to stay here, and most of them will be because they can't afford to move back and rebuild.Yes, this is a population migration.

Not only will the destitute abandon their old lives, a lot of people staying in hotels and with relatives will just find jobs and housing where they are and move on with their lives.

New Orleans, upon being rebuilt, will be a metro area of maybe 300,000. We won't abandon it because it is the best deepwater port we have, but it won't be nearly as large a city, and pretty much everything will be new. The culture will be totally different.

I figure it will be like Galveston 1900 -- just plow over and level out the rubble, raise the area higher, build a seawall rather than a levee, and build on the higher ground.

That will be very expensive, but it's the only way to have a defensible cvity.

Ginofan
09-02-2005, 10:07 AM
This is supposed to be an information thread, not a political thread. Take the Bush hating elsewhere...maybe even to the forum meant for it.

2pac
09-02-2005, 10:10 AM
Vent elsewhere. This isnt the thread to be political. There is a whole forum for you to spout off your ignorant, unfounded rants.

I now have refugees with me in my little apartment. The party has started.

Marklar MM
09-02-2005, 10:16 AM
Scientist had allready estimated (beofre Katrina) that this year alone LA would loose 35 square miles of coastline.
they were saying that in another decade the entire city of NO would've been exposed to the ocean.

I hope I get these numbers right, but the Mayor said they lose something like 35 square feet of soil every hour.

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-02-2005, 10:17 AM

I don't need any Spanish. Fuck you. There, in English.

Good for you. What have I done? I'm taking $500 to the Red Cross when I get back to Dallas (seeings my hometown is fixing to be home to at least 25,000 new residents).

I'm going with a bunch of people from work next week to cook and serve meals to people in shelters. And helped coordinate our company's office donations (which the company has now agreed to match).

All this while on the road visitings clients.

New Orleans!

That's right, I leave it to the professionals. I don't own a boat, or a bus, or a helicopter, which means I'm of little use in NO. Plus I don't think my work would like me wandering off to New Orleans when I'm do a client installation for my software company (wouldn't have a job when I got back).

Yeah I get to post all day, so what, I am sitting at a computer and can do it and have had clients reading over my shoulder most of the time. They think you're an idiot too.

Have a nice day :spin

SpursWoman
09-02-2005, 10:18 AM
I may not know you....but if you're anything like you come across in this thread I certainly don't care to.

So go ahead and keep being in your i.d.i.o.t. circle. Don't include me thank you!

I didn't say anything about an i.d.i.o.t. circle, but you put yourself there, buddy. :lmao

MiNuS
09-02-2005, 10:31 AM
I don't need any Spanish. Fuck you. There, in English.

Good for you. What have I done? I'm taking $500 to the Red Cross when I get back to Dallas (seeings my hometown is fixing to be home to at least 25,000 new residents).

I'm going with a bunch of people from work next week to cook and serve meals to people in shelters. And helped coordinate our company's office donations (which the company has now agreed to match).

All this while on the road visitings clients.

That's right, I leave it to the professionals. I don't own a boat, or a bus, or a helicopter, which means I'm of little use in NO. Plus I don't think my work would like me wandering off to New Orleans when I'm do a client installation for my software company (wouldn't have a job when I got back).

Yeah I get to post all day, so what, I am sitting at a computer and can do it and have had clients reading over my shoulder most of the time. They think you're an idiot too.

Have a nice day :spin
I am going to make this short. I am not going to spend my time critizing someone whom I don't know.I don't know you and I cannot judge you so if I wrote something stupid I apologize. I will not apologize what I feel towards the President. I am an American as far as I know I can and will write anything I want about BUSH. This is not political its just my take on how he's responded to the disaster. This is not 09/11 and whoever compares this to an attack on NEW YORK and TWO buildings is way wrong.Guliani could focus on the problem.This is completely different.Its broader.

I will not post any more political opinions here on the THE FOX KATRINA THREAD. My regards to Anne Coulter AKA Spurswoman

MiNuS
09-02-2005, 10:34 AM
I may not know you....but if you're anything like you come across in this thread I certainly don't care to.

I didn't say anything about an i.d.i.o.t. circle, but you put yourself there, buddy. :lmao
:lol

:flipoff

Kori Ellis
09-02-2005, 10:40 AM
minusplus, there's several Katrina threads in the Political forum where you can express your hate for Bush and Republicans. This thread is for information and exchange of ideas. I understand if you have frustration about how the evacuation was handled, etc. And of course you can discuss that here. But this is thread isn't about the politics.

MiNuS
09-02-2005, 10:44 AM
minusplus, there's several Katrina threads in the Political forum where you can express your hate for Bush and Republicans. This thread is for information and exchange of ideas. I understand if you have frustration about how the evacuation was handled, etc. And of course you can discuss that here. But this is thread isn't about the politics.got it. :angel

SWC Bonfire
09-02-2005, 10:51 AM
Superdome is the white dot at the bottom of the screen, with I-10 making a 90 degree turn right next to it.

Trainwreck2100
09-02-2005, 10:53 AM
http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/interactive/weather/0508/gallery.katrina.tues.pm/01.10.ap.jpg

Why don't people in coastal towns learn how to swim well?

2pac
09-02-2005, 10:54 AM
I am not going to spend my time critizing someone whom I don't know.

Hey hypocrite - you dont know the President.

Trainwreck2100
09-02-2005, 10:54 AM
The first busses have arrived at Kelly USA. Its live on KSAT. Might be on other local stations as well.

Also live on KSAT, the crime level mysteriously rose.

2pac
09-02-2005, 10:59 AM
Why don't people in coastal towns learn how to swim well?

When was the last time a black person won a swimming medal in the olympics? [/Racist answer]

True answer: directly behind those folks is the St Bernard Projects (I think, could be other projects as well.)

They dont have pools in their neighborhoods. They dont have country clubs. They cant afford swim lessons or trips to the coast.

T Park
09-02-2005, 10:59 AM
The crime level in SA?
or NO?

SpursWoman
09-02-2005, 11:00 AM
I will not post any more political opinions here on the THE FOX KATRINA THREAD. My regards to Anne Coulter AKA Spurswoman

I don't have an Adam's apple, and there isn't a whole loss less I hate talking about more than politics...so kinda way off on that one, too. :spin

T Park
09-02-2005, 11:03 AM
wtf

minus plus, what an ass....

SWC Bonfire
09-02-2005, 11:04 AM
cops riding around with guns drawn in daylight

buidlings burning

looting, trucks with food and supplies coming in to help.

WTF is this, Bosnia?!?!?

More of a cross between Venice and Mogadishu.

samikeyp
09-02-2005, 11:09 AM
This is not 09/11 and whoever compares this to an attack on NEW YORK and TWO buildings is way wrong.Guliani could focus on the problem.This is completely different.Its broader.

You are right.....more people may die as a result of this.

MiNuS
09-02-2005, 11:17 AM
wtf

minus plus, what an ass....
T Park, unlike you I can admit to making a mistake on coming here to the Fox Katrina thread and not sugar coating my post with my thoughts.

I will be a man of my word and not post more political comments on this thread.

have you kept your word?

http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies2/pppstfu.png

SpursWoman
09-02-2005, 11:21 AM
T Park, unlike you I can admit to making a mistake on coming here to the Fox Katrina thread and not sugar coating my post with my thoughts.

I will be a man of my word and not post more political comments on this thread.

have you kept your word?

Are you really MadeFromDust?

samikeyp
09-02-2005, 11:23 AM
Police in New Orleans, their main communications system knocked out, have been taking turns talking on a single radio channel with their walkie talkies. The Mississippi National Guard even resorted to ancient battlefield tactics, sending runners back and forth among commanders with information.

''We've got runners running from commander to commander,'' said Maj. Gen. Harold Cross of the Mississippi National Guard. ''In other words, we're going to the sound of gunfire, as we used to say during the Revolutionary War.''

sounds like a whole new Battle of New Orleans, 190 years later.

samikeyp
09-02-2005, 11:24 AM
Are you really MadeFromDust?

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If he drops the "StrangeWoman" gloss...then you'll know!

:p

Extra Stout
09-02-2005, 11:38 AM
Why don't people in coastal towns learn how to swim well?If that was an attempt at sardonic humor, well ha ha ha.

If you were serious, then dayyyum. Somebody needs to whack you upside the head. Prior to Katrina, those folks probably had other things to worry about besides swimming lessons, such as having enough food for their kids to eat, and not getting raped or killed on a given night.

ObiwanGinobili
09-02-2005, 12:24 PM
:tu to Bush on CNN right now..... walking thru the streets in MISS, a young women is crying to him that she has nothign and no clothes and had to be seperated from her kids so she could look for what she could salvage to feed/clothe them...
he's helping her out himself.. and he's showing dissapointment that ther is no local salvation center.
I don't like the guy.. but today I do. He's really stepping up this morning and getting his hands dirty, if you know what I mean. :tu

samikeyp
09-02-2005, 12:26 PM
its good to see.

Jelly
09-02-2005, 12:30 PM
:tu to Bush on CNN right now..... walking thru the streets in MISS, a young women is crying to him that she has nothign and no clothes and had to be seperated from her kids so she could look for what she could salvage to feed/clothe them...
he's helping her out himself.. and he's showing dissapointment that ther is no local salvation center.
I don't like the guy.. but today I do. He's really stepping up this morning and getting his hands dirty, if you know what I mean. :tu

I saw that. But it's not that there isn't a Salvation Army Center... it has been wiped out.
But I am glad he is getting out and comforting people.

T Park
09-02-2005, 12:30 PM
but today I do

after today youll go back to not liking him im sure.

Looks like Bush took the girl and mother away from there to get away from the cameras.

Some guy I just walked in from outside, was talking to him and shook his hand, didn't see what all that was about..

MiNuS
09-02-2005, 12:33 PM
he's officially on the clock.

I expect things to start to looking good.

SpursWoman
09-02-2005, 12:36 PM
Interesting....

Even Republicans were criticizing Bush and his administration for the sluggish relief effort. "I think it puts into question all of the Homeland Security and Northern Command planning for the last four years, because if we can't respond faster than this to an event we saw coming across the Gulf for days, then why do we think we're prepared to respond to a nuclear or biological attack?" said former House Speaker Newt Gingrich.

He urged Bush to name former New York Mayor Rudolph Giuliani as the White House point person for relief efforts. Rep. John Sweeney (news, bio, voting record), R-N.Y., also suggested Giuliani or former Secretary of State Colin Powell or retired Gen. Tommy Franks to take charge of the relief efforts.

I don't think that'd be a bad idea at all....they would certainly be better than what's (not) in place now...

T Park
09-02-2005, 12:38 PM
Houston is opening Reliant CENTER a huge curving convention center BEHIND Astrodome and Reliant Stadium

11 thousand will be accepted in there.

But that is it after that supposedly.

T Park
09-02-2005, 12:38 PM
he's officially on the clock.

Im sure hes worried....

SpursWoman
09-02-2005, 12:42 PM
For the first time, however, he stopped defending his administration's response and criticized it. "A lot of people are working hard to help those who've been affected. The results are not acceptable," he said. "I'm heading down there right now."

timvp
09-02-2005, 12:44 PM
The results are not acceptable

At least I'm not the only one who thinks that.

MannyIsGod
09-02-2005, 12:45 PM
Interesting....

I don't think that'd be a bad idea at all....they would certainly be better than what's (not) in place now...
The problem is that there's never an outsider brought in. They always want to reccomend people who are already in the loop. These are the same people that have allowed us to lag this way in response. Maybe not directly, but the mindset is the same.

And I'm not meaning this as a partisan thing, because god knows if the democrats led as well as they bitch then we'd see progress.

The entire beaurcratic machine is a fucking virus. Elected officials love to talk about being ready and they love to make grand speeches and promote grand ideas but they aren't the real thinkers. They're the performers. I want input from the private sector and I want it done in order to get the best information on how we can handle these things in the future.

I do want to say one thing about Bush. During a crisis, he shines when he's with the people. He's a Texan, and those of you from here know what I mean by that. If he sees a problem, he tries to fix it himself. I don't agree with how he fixes things most of the time, but I do admire the way he reacts in times like this.

The day at ground zero and today may go down as the best 2 days of his presidency.

MannyIsGod
09-02-2005, 12:47 PM
I doubt they're going to use Reliant Stadium to house refugees a few weeks before the NFL starts it's season.

Jelly
09-02-2005, 12:49 PM
The mayor is bitching out everybody for dropping the ball. They had to bleep out a lot of his words from this morning. He's probably right on some issues, but I'd like to know how different the situation might have been if he had not waited until the last minute to order the evacuation. We all know he pleaded for everyone to get out, but what buses, shuttles and community outreach was underway to help the disadvantaged to evacuate? Anybody know?

MiNuS
09-02-2005, 12:49 PM
The problem is that there's never an outsider brought in. They always want to reccomend people who are already in the loop. These are the same people that have allowed us to lag this way in response. Maybe not directly, but the mindset is the same.

And I'm not meaning this as a partisan thing, because god knows if the democrats led as well as they bitch then we'd see progress.

The entire beaurcratic machine is a fucking virus. Elected officials love to talk about being ready and they love to make grand speeches and promote grand ideas but they aren't the real thinkers. They're the performers. I want input from the private sector and I want it done in order to get the best information on how we can handle these things in the future.

I do want to say one thing about Bush. During a crisis, he shines when he's with the people. He's a Texan, and those of you from here know what I mean by that. If he sees a problem, he tries to fix it himself. I don't agree with how he fixes things most of the time, but I do admire the way he reacts in times like this.

The day at ground zero and today may go down as the best 2 days of his presidency.
......................?

T Park
09-02-2005, 12:52 PM

cause in a certain way, hes a normal guy.

Hes not a career politician.

Thats why Ive always voted for him. If he says hes doing something, hes gonna do it.

I think part of his problem, is part of what I liked to begin with. He admitted during his campaign he wasnt totally educated on all things so he was hiring In his opinion the bEST at that position. Part of the things hes gotten wrong, hes gotten bad info on.

Lol he just said about New Orleans

"Ive been told that food and medicine is arriving to people that have waited for it and needed it. Now im going there to make sure its true"

Damn, Dub sounds pissed.....

Pissed but level headed, a good leader...

T Park
09-02-2005, 12:53 PM
The mayor is bitching out everybody for dropping the ball. They had to bleep out a lot of his words from this morning. He's probably right on some issues, but I'd like to know how different the situation might have been if he had not waited until the last minute to order the evacuation. We all know he pleaded for everyone to get out, but what buses, shuttles and community outreach was underway to help the disadvantaged to evacuate? Anybody know

Is he bitching himself out?

Everyone dropped the ball but him?? uh ok....

Extra Stout
09-02-2005, 12:53 PM
I doubt they're going to use Reliant Stadium to house refugees a few weeks before the NFL starts it's season.The article was in error about that.

Reliant Arena is a relatively old facility that hosts small conventions and blood drives and such. I've heard conflicting reports about whether it or Reliant Center is where the refugees are heading next.

Reliant Center is a brand-new, gleaming convention center.

I've also heard that refugees are going to George R. Brown, the big convention center downtown.

We have to do what we have to do, but I don't want to see anybody acting surprised when Houston's two big sites we use to attract conventions are completely trashed out and reek of urine and shit. Refugee camps aren't pretty.

T Park
09-02-2005, 12:54 PM
Reliant Center is a brand-new, gleaming convention center

Thats where they are going...

Reliant Arena is a pretty small building in comparison.

Reliant Center is the one.

Extra Stout
09-02-2005, 12:55 PM
The mayor is bitching out everybody for dropping the ball. They had to bleep out a lot of his words from this morning. He's probably right on some issues, but I'd like to know how different the situation might have been if he had not waited until the last minute to order the evacuation. We all know he pleaded for everyone to get out, but what buses, shuttles and community outreach was underway to help the disadvantaged to evacuate? Anybody know?Katrina blew up in a terrible hurry. There wasn't any time. Everybody went to sleep with a tropical storm in the Gulf and woke up to a Category 5 hurricane.

T Park
09-02-2005, 12:56 PM
Bush

"Im gonna delegate to people who know what they are talking about when it comes to rebuilding cities. Im gonna listen to people who know what they are doing"

Bravo.

MiNuS
09-02-2005, 12:56 PM
cause in a certain way, hes a normal guy.

Hes not a career politician.

Thats why Ive always voted for him. If he says hes doing something, hes gonna do it.

I think part of his problem, is part of what I liked to begin with. He admitted during his campaign he wasnt totally educated on all things so he was hiring In his opinion the bEST at that position. Part of the things hes gotten wrong, hes gotten bad info on.

Lol he just said about New Orleans

"Ive been told that food and medicine is arriving to people that have waited for it and needed it. Now im going there to make sure its true"

Damn, Dub sounds pissed.....

Pissed but level headed, a good leader...

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
-I'll just keep from typing what I think about that.

ObiwanGinobili
09-02-2005, 12:58 PM
I hope they DON"T bring in rudy Guiliani because everyone would be expoecting miracles and of course he wouldn't be able to deliver to expectation, then they'd throw shit at him too. I'm voting for keeping the shit throwing storm as small as possible.

MiNuS
09-02-2005, 12:58 PM
Bush

"Im gonna delegate to people who know what they are talking about when it comes to rebuilding cities. Im gonna listen to people who know what they are doing"

Bravo.Im gonna................Im gonna.

simply pointless.

Jelly
09-02-2005, 12:59 PM

No kidding. And all these know-it-all gas bags are doing press conferences. Today, some angry "disgusted" congresswoman from Michigan, (and a few other pissed off politicos not involved in the relief efforts), held a press conference to bitch about the Federal government, and tell us all that she is "ashamed of America". Fuck her. What has she done to help? Then some collegue of hers, a reverand so and so starts talking a lot of crap about how God is looking down on America with disgust and disapproval. Obviously some things are going terribly wrong, but the audacity and hubris of some of these politicians who are not even contributing, just bitching about how everyone else is fucking up just makes my blood boil. But at least she and her outraged friends got a chance to get their ugly mugs on TV.

sa_butta
09-02-2005, 01:01 PM
I don't like the guy.. but today I do. He's really stepping up this morning and getting his hands dirty, if you know what I mean. :tushould have done this 2 days ago. Better late than never.

MannyIsGod
Katrina blew up in a terrible hurry. There wasn't any time. Everybody went to sleep with a tropical storm in the Gulf and woke up to a Category 5 hurricane.
Ok, I'm calling Bullshit. Everyone went to sleep with a cat 2 storm in the gulf and all indications pointing to a cat 4 storm and some indications of a cat 5 storm.

And they sat around for about 12 crucial hours debating the legality of a mandatory evacuation.

They have a right to be pissed, and I don't blame him for that. But there is a share of blame they are going to shoulder for this as well.

T Park
ashamed of America

Im quite the opposite as I watch us Texans

Im quite the opposite when I watch the people getting helped in NO, MS, and AL.

Im always proud of my country.

MannyIsGod
09-02-2005, 01:02 PM
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
-I'll just keep from typing what I think about that.
Thats a good thing, because I'm no fan of Bush but your takes on the subject leave a lot to be desired.

ObiwanGinobili
should have done this 2 days ago. Better late than never.

Thats what i'm saying. :tu
now thats somethigns being done, i'm happy to quit bitching about the last few days inadequacies.

T Park
should have done this 2 days ago. Better late than never

So he should show up unannounced, without the Secret Service securing the place first for his safety???

Interesting.....

ObiwanGinobili
09-02-2005, 01:03 PM
Lt. Gen Honore is the shiznit. that guy is kicking major ass.

baseline bum
09-02-2005, 01:04 PM
If we can't talk shit about Bush then why is the circle jerk in his honor allowed?

MannyIsGod
No kidding. And all these know-it-all gas bags are doing press conferences. Today, some angry "disgusted" congresswoman from Michigan, (and a few other pissed off politicos not involved in the relief efforts), held a press conference to bitch about the Federal government, and tell us all that she is "ashamed of America". Fuck her. What has she done to help? Then some collegue of hers, a reverand so and so starts talking a lot of crap about how God is looking down on America with disgust and disapproval. Obviously some things are going terribly wrong, but the audacity and hubris of some of these politicians who are not even contributing, just bitching about how everyone else is fucking up just makes my blood boil. But at least she and her outraged friends got a chance to get their ugly mugs on TV.
Its all about a photo op and how they can make it seem like they are 'solving problems' when in reality it's all a fucking facade. I hate shit like that. I hate the political grandstanding by the people who are part of the fucking problem themselves!!!!!

T Park
Im gonna................Im gonna.

simply pointless.

Just like your posts.

Simply pointless.

Bring something pertaining to the problems or STFU.

Leave the Bush hate at the fuckin door.

T Park
09-02-2005, 01:05 PM
If we can't talk shit about Bush then why is the circle jerk in his honor allowed?

Im sure theres 5 million Bush sucks threads in the fuckin political forum.

How many more should there be?!?!

FUck.

MannyIsGod
09-02-2005, 01:06 PM
I can't knock Bush today, I just can't. He's leading the way you're supposed to lead. He sat back and tried to let the people do their jobs, but they fucked up enourmously and now he's stepping in to fix it. I don't expect him to fly rescue missions in a blackhawk, I expect him to show his face and to do what he can the way he's doing.

2 days ago wasn't the time for Bush to be there, now is. 2 days ago was the time for people who were appointed to take care of these situations to pull their thumbs from their asses and do their jobs. They fucked up.

I don't think for a second there is anything but sincerity in W's actions today.

T Park
09-02-2005, 01:07 PM
I can't knock Bush today, I just can't. He's leading the way you're supposed to lead. He sat back and tried to let the people do their jobs, but they fucked up enourmously and now he's stepping in to fix it. I don't expect him to fly rescue missions in a blackhawk, I expect him to show his face and to do what he can the way he's doing.

2 days ago wasn't the time for Bush to be there, now is. 2 days ago was the time for people who were appointed to take care of these situations to pull their thumbs from their asses and do their jobs. They fucked up.

I don't think for a second there is anything but sincerity in W's actions today.

Exactly right..

Nice post manny.

Jelly
09-02-2005, 01:12 PM

You know, I heard Dan on the political forum saying the same thing :lol

T Park
09-02-2005, 01:15 PM
NBADan?!?!?!

WHERE IS THIS THREAD?!?!?!

baseline bum
09-02-2005, 01:16 PM
Im sure theres 5 million Bush sucks threads in the fuckin political forum.

How many more should there be?!?!

FUck.

I don't have any problem with how Bush is handling the crisis. What I do have a problem with is having one side of the argument censored in this thread.

MiNuS
09-02-2005, 01:18 PM
NBADan?!?!?!

WHERE IS THIS THREAD?!?!?!
16,000 posts and you don't know where the political threads are?

Tpark you are on definitely a Tpunk!

SpursWoman
09-02-2005, 01:21 PM
I hope they DON"T bring in rudy Guiliani because everyone would be expoecting miracles and of course he wouldn't be able to deliver to expectation, then they'd throw shit at him too. I'm voting for keeping the shit throwing storm as small as possible.

Everyone is expecting miracles anyway. :fro

MannyIsGod
09-02-2005, 01:21 PM
16,000 posts and you don't know where the political threads are?

Tpark you are on definitely a Tpunk!
I'm guessing that you don't have the ability to derive the context of what Tpark said, you don't need to be calling anyone else out.

T Park
09-02-2005, 01:22 PM
Everyone is expecting miracles anyway

^^ You mean like Minusplus??

NooooO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MiNuS
09-02-2005, 01:24 PM
I don't have any problem with how Bush is handling the crisis. What I do have a problem with is having one side of the argument censored in this thread.I love Bush.

He has done so many good things.He's the best President ever.He's a good ol' Texan.

have you ever noticed that on the Hannity & Colmes no matter what the topic,Hannity always overshadows the Democratic guest. Why even have a talkshow if the guest is not going to be able to speak his mind.

case & point

Kori Ellis
09-02-2005, 01:26 PM
I don't have any problem with how Bush is handling the crisis. What I do have a problem with is having one side of the argument censored in this thread.

Any thoughts on Bush and the politics (positive or negative) of the situation are to be in the political forum. Where's the Bush circle jerk in this thread?

T Park
I love Bush.

He has done so many good things.He's the best President ever.He's a good ol' Texan.

have you ever noticed that on the Hannity & Colmes no matter what the topic,Hannity always overshadows the Democratic guest. Why even have a talkshow if the guest is not going to be able to speak his mind.

case & point

WTF
does this HAVE TO DO WITH HURRICANE KATRINA!?!?!?!?!

GODDAMN HOW MANY TIMES DOES KORI HAVE TO SAY KEEP THE POLITICAL SHIT INT EH POLITICAL FORUM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aggie Hoopsfan
WASHINGTON (AP): Rep. John Sweeney, R-N.Y., urged President Bush to appoint former New York City mayor Rudolph Giuliani or two former military officials to run the ground response in the Gulf Coast, saying local authorities are not up to the task. Sweeney suggested Giuliani or retired generals Colin Powell and Tommy Franks could take charge of the much-criticized hurricane relief efforts. Click here.

One of the best ideas I've heard yet.

:tu

Vashner
09-02-2005, 01:30 PM
Yea it's only a matter of time before Giuliani shows up.

samikeyp
09-02-2005, 01:32 PM

nothing is being censored, just asked to be moved. There is a political forum for just those posts.

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-02-2005, 01:33 PM

I went to lunch came back, and had a lot I was going to respond to in this thread.

But Manny summed it up perfectly. Bush tried to let the people (particularly the head of FEMA) do their job. But they've failed, he's recognized that, and has personally stepped in to make sure shit gets fixed.

That's how you lead, and how you manage.

Lt. Gen Honore is the shiznit. that guy is kicking major ass.

That's the one the mayor said flew in yesterday evening, got off the plane cussing, and had gotten more done in three hours on the ground than the FEMA clowns.

Good call W.

SpursWoman
09-02-2005, 01:35 PM

Because there's enough of that every where else. I don't think it's too much to ask to keep it as informational as possible and check your politics at the link for one damn thread.

MiNuS
09-02-2005, 01:37 PM
WTF
does this HAVE TO DO WITH HURRICANE KATRINA!?!?!?!?!

GODDAMN HOW MANY TIMES DOES KORI HAVE TO SAY KEEP THE POLITICAL SHIT INT EH POLITICAL FORUM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tpark don't become a casualty man! Relax and have a drink on me.

I am more that sure that soon as the Spurs season starts we'll have something to cheer about.For the moment keep the caps lock down.

you are as entitled of your opinions as I am or anyone is.

samikeyp
09-02-2005, 01:38 PM
But Manny summed it up perfectly. Bush tried to let the people (particularly the head of FEMA) do their job. But they've failed, he's recognized that, and has personally stepped in to make sure shit gets fixed.

That's how you lead, and how you manage.

Very true. Bush hired these guys to lead in a situation just like this. That is why you bring people on board in these positions, they are supposed to be the point men in these disasters. They failed, so the President is getting involved.

timvp
09-02-2005, 01:54 PM
Keep the Bush talk in here.

Personally I think he's pretty damn smooth out there right now, but he should have been on the ground days ago.

T Park
09-02-2005, 01:55 PM
he should have been on the ground days ago

He wouldve if he couldve.

Its hard to coordinate a president going into a disaster zone extrememly quick.

timvp
09-02-2005, 01:57 PM
He wouldve if he couldve.

Its hard to coordinate a president going into a disaster zone extrememly quick.

Fly a plane. Land.

T Park
09-02-2005, 01:58 PM
UH

Secret Service, scouting the area making sure its safe......

timvp
09-02-2005, 02:00 PM
There's plenty of areas that are wiped out. Just land there and then bring in your couple "diverse" citizens, let Bush hug them, get the cameo and leave.

Rinse.

Repeat.

T Park
09-02-2005, 02:03 PM
:rolleyes

MiNuS
09-02-2005, 02:05 PM
Tpark you're mine!

I was never writing to you faggott.If I don't like how BUSH is handling ANYTHING since he became President that is MY OPINION! ONLY HISTORY WILL TELL BUT DON'T MAKE ME COME AFTER YOU LIKE HALF THIS FORUM DOES.I WILL BE RELENTLESS ON CHEWING OUT YOUR COTTAGE CHEESE ASS!

T Park
09-02-2005, 02:12 PM
^^^

One word

Zoloft.....

MiNuS
09-02-2005, 02:16 PM
^^^

One word

Zoloft.....
^^^^One word ^^^^

idiot

typical Tpark response.

T Park
09-02-2005, 02:31 PM
Your fuckin Nuts.

MiNuS
09-02-2005, 02:34 PM
Your fuckin Nuts.

you're a fucking faggott!

learn how to spell and then I'll think otherwise about you.

T Park
09-02-2005, 02:39 PM
you're a fucking faggott!

Intelligent name calling.

Homophobic much?

nkdlunch
09-02-2005, 02:42 PM
There's plenty of areas that are wiped out. Just land there and then bring in your couple "diverse" citizens, let Bush hug them, get the cameo and leave.

Rinse.

Repeat.

Good call, they just showed him doing exactly that on CNN.

the only problem is that he was FUCKING 4 DAYS LATE!!!

MiNuS
09-02-2005, 02:51 PM
Intelligent name calling.

Homophobic much?
if you are then you DO have a reason to be such a BITCH.

sa_butta
09-02-2005, 04:16 PM
Good call, they just showed him doing exactly that on CNN.

the only problem is that he was FUCKING 4 DAYS LATE!!!Thank you, you cant tell me the pres. doesnt have secret service and guys ready to cover his ass on the drop of a dime.
And if not he should and they should be ready for anything if he needs them quickly like a couple of days ago. Besides was he not on vacation when this happened?