PDA

View Full Version : Kawhi snubbed out of the All Star game?

jdiggy0424
02-12-2015, 10:39 AM
http://espn.go.com/nba/allstar2015/story/_/id/12313463/klay-thompson-james-harden-start-all-star-game-anthony-davis-out

Anybody else think that Kawhi should've been Davis' replacement? i know Dirk is Dirk, but every since he came back from injury, the defense has improved immensenly. The argument could be made that the team is finally fully healthy again, which is why we've done so well in that stretch, but I like what I've seen from Kawhi this year.

Idk it just bugs me I guess. i think he was deserving. His play and overall value doesn't translate much into something the stat-geeks fawn over.

jdiggy0424
02-12-2015, 10:41 AM
In terms of overall value I put Kawhi ahead of Dirk 9/10 times.

SsKSpurs21
02-12-2015, 10:48 AM
iam guessing he got penalized for missing games, otherwise he probably should have gotten in. although zach randolph has been having a really good year also and i feel he got snubbed more than kawhi.

cjw
02-12-2015, 10:50 AM
Klay starting ahead of Westbrook is more of an atrocity. You can say that record earned them two starters, but the Hawks have none...

Dex
02-12-2015, 10:56 AM
As Spurs fans, we all know Kawhi's value because we see it night in and night out, and because we've seen the transformation he made to this team when he was drafted. He anchors the perimeter defense and has one of those intangible qualities of just making other players better or covering up their mistakes.

That being said...let's be real. Kawhi missed a significant chunk of the season, and aside from a few bright sparks, he has not been All-Star caliber since returning. People who are calling this a snub must be basing it off his Finals MVP status, because the numbers nor the eye test support it unless you are wearing your homer glasses.

EVAY
02-12-2015, 11:08 AM
As Spurs fans, we all know Kawhi's value because we see it night in and night out, and because we've seen the transformation he made to this team when he was drafted. He anchors the perimeter defense and has one of those intangible qualities of just making other players better or covering up their mistakes.

That being said...let's be real. Kawhi missed a significant chunk of the season, and aside from a few bright sparks, he has not been All-Star caliber since returning. People who are calling this a snub must be basing it off his Finals MVP status, because the numbers nor the eye test support it unless you are wearing your homer glasses.

This. Had he and others not missed so much of the early season, Kawhi's integration into the offense would likely have gone more smoothly and his numbers would have been stronger for a longer period. As it is, I don't imagine he was seriously considered, just as no other Spurs were except Tim, who carried the team during all the injuries and keeps on keeping on.

FromWayDowntown
02-12-2015, 11:14 AM
No. I don't know that Dirk was the correct pick as a replacement, but I also don't think there's even a reasonable argument that Kawhi should have been the replacement.

unleashbaynes
02-12-2015, 11:15 AM

Truth. He missed too much time, and has been good, but not all-star caliber, since his return. He is improving though.

Dude plays his best ball in the postseason anyway :stirpot:

DrSteffo
02-12-2015, 11:25 AM
The All Star game is mostly about O so it's understandable, but off course doesn't reflect how valuable a player is for his team.

hater
02-12-2015, 12:21 PM
KAWHI DOES NOT DESERVE AN ALLSTAR BERTH

Arcadian
02-12-2015, 12:29 PM
Kawhi would certainly be a more entertaining player to watch than Old Dirk.

JWest596
02-12-2015, 01:09 PM
Kawhi would certainly be a more entertaining player to watch than Old Dirk.

Many many many fans said the same about Tim over unannounced player x..... Dirk deserved it like Tim and IMO Leonard has not gotten to form yet but he is indispensable for the Spurs.

Budkin
02-12-2015, 01:09 PM
No, he missed too many games. Plus it'll keep him hungry.

jdiggy0424
02-12-2015, 01:26 PM
I think I just have my homer glasses all, and I'm still living with last year's Finals nostalgia. i agree that Dirk is getting in based off past accomplishments. In terms of value however, can we really say that Z-Bo is as valuable as Leonard? Taking Leonard off the Spurs impacts the team far more than taking Z-Bo off the Grizz. To me stats alone shouldn't make the all star, it should be their overall value. Which is why the reserve selection is made up from the coaches and not the fans.

Had Leonard had played maaaaybe 8 more games then maybe he would have gotten his due. Then again this whole post is me playing Devil's advocate.

phxspurfan
02-12-2015, 01:35 PM
Is Aldridge in? He should be in over KL.

jdiggy0424
02-12-2015, 01:36 PM
Is Aldridge in? He should be in over KL.

Aldridge was voted in by the coaches originally.

phxspurfan
02-12-2015, 01:55 PM
Eh, Dirk deserves to be there. He's still a great representation from that team up North, that is doing better than the Spurs currently.

Proxy
02-12-2015, 02:14 PM
15 ppg to 18... it's an all-star game. Also not sure how you'd justify SA having two representatives when Dallas would have none, considering both team's performances this year. He and Timmy can chill on the bench. Dirk deserves the nod.

Hoops Czar
02-12-2015, 02:43 PM
No, he wasn't snubbed. Fans don't want to see defense in an all-star game.

Pauleta14
02-12-2015, 04:18 PM
I'd take Kahwi over Klay tbh...

But between our so so season, his injuries/missed games, the fact most of the media thinks he is a product of the spurs system (same BS reason why Manu and Tony were underrated for so long), this is not surprising.

He'll have to become our go to guy to get a spot, let's hope it's for next year...

DMC
02-12-2015, 04:42 PM
Wait, so now the ASG matters suddenly?

Phillip
02-12-2015, 04:45 PM
In terms of overall value I put Kawhi ahead of Dirk 9/10 times.

:lmao

timtonymanu
02-12-2015, 04:53 PM
Not even. Kawhi is our most important player but he missed too many games this season.

I actually though ZBo had a good case but Dallas deserved a representative for being a playoff team.

apalisoc_9
02-12-2015, 04:54 PM
Kawhi>Dirk

at this point....

Kawhi missing the All-star game = Demar Derozan missing the ASG in the east...both were penalized for missing games..

The coaches choose Durant because they knew the fans wanted to see him.

Nathan89
02-12-2015, 04:58 PM
Three replacements and he still couldn't make it. Maybe if he didn't take half the year off.

Pauleta14
02-12-2015, 05:32 PM
Wait, so now the ASG matters suddenly?

Well it shouldn't, but unfortunately it is on a resume...

DMC
02-12-2015, 06:00 PM
Well it shouldn't, but unfortunately it is on a resume...
No, I mean here, on ST. It's been called useless a Spurs player doesn't get invited, then it's a shun.

Pauleta14
02-12-2015, 06:10 PM
No, I mean here, on ST. It's been called useless a Spurs player doesn't get invited, then it's a shun.

Nah, I think most of us want our players to stay at home and rest, but it's always annoying when the NBA keep underrating our players because of the system and Pop PT management.

The fact is that Kawhi deserves to be recognized among the best players in the league but people are still questioning his talent because they only look at the stats ans don't watch spurs games.

The silver lining tho, is that it might help the FO to sign him at maybe little less that he would have been, had he been selected to the ASG..

Brazil
02-12-2015, 06:19 PM

he is talking about now but the 9/10 definitive stance is quite :lol I agree

I'd take Kawhi right now because of the Defensive aspect but Dirk is still playing at high level

Phillip
02-12-2015, 06:52 PM
I'd take Kawhi right now because of the Defensive aspect but Dirk is still playing at high level

:lmao no

Kawhi still isn't even the leader or best player on his own team.

Dirk in his old age still has proven he can put a mediocre team on his back and get to around the 45-50 win mark

Kawhi has never proven crap, other than the fact that he clearly is incapable of being the centerpiece of a serious team at this point of his career.

Venti Quattro
02-12-2015, 07:04 PM
I'd take Kahwi over Klay tbh...

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

So many stupid takes in this thread

timtonymanu
02-12-2015, 07:06 PM

I would take Kawhi over Klay too, tbh.

sammy
02-12-2015, 07:06 PM
First of all Westbrick & Durant missed alot of games and don't deserve to be in the All Star game! Kawhi deserves it more than the Dork!

Venti Quattro
02-12-2015, 07:07 PM
I would take Kawhi over Klay too, tbh.

Because? The All-Star game is not based on who fluked into a Finals MVP last season because of a great system. The All-Star Game is a collection of players who have been consistent perennial all-stars, and who's playing the hottest right before the All-Star break. I don't think Kawhi is any of the two.

baseline bum
02-12-2015, 07:10 PM
Dirk's the right choice here. I don't see how anyone can argue this, especially when Kawhi has missed a lot of games.

timtonymanu
02-12-2015, 07:10 PM
Because? The All-Star game is not based on who fluked into a Finals MVP last season because of a great system.

Ahh, I thought you meant overall. But yeah based on all star selections, Klay has been better than Kawhi.

Venti Quattro
02-12-2015, 07:12 PM
Dirk's the right choice here. I don't see how anyone can argue this, especially when Kawhi has missed a lot of games.

Because Dirk < Kawhi, that's why!!!!!! :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

dabom
02-12-2015, 07:16 PM

Have you seen klay's stats for the playoffs? :lmao

If we had klay instead of kawhi we'd be first round busts tbh. :lmao

dabom
02-12-2015, 07:16 PM
Nono hit that faggot with some truth.

Venti Quattro
02-12-2015, 07:17 PM
Have you seen klay's stats for the playoffs? :lmao

If we had klay instead of kawhi we'd be first round busts tbh. :lmao

You stupid piece of shit. The All-Star Game is a regular season event. Clearly, Klay is playing waaaaaaaaay, way better than Kiwi.

:lmao Kiwi-led Spurs

dabom
02-12-2015, 07:18 PM
You stupid piece of shit. The All-Star Game is a regular season event. Clearly, Klay is playing waaaaaaaaay, way better than Kiwi.

:lmao Kiwi-led Spurs

For 2 fucking years klay has fucking gone MIA in the postseason. :lmao

Playoff choker is in his veins. :lmao

dabom
02-12-2015, 07:19 PM
Getting fooled by the regular season. Cali media. :lmao

Brain washing these faggots. :lmao

dabom
02-12-2015, 07:19 PM
FMVP :lmao

dabom
02-12-2015, 07:21 PM
.045WS/48 :lmao

Venti Quattro
02-12-2015, 07:21 PM

It's funny you mention that because ESPN is in Bristol, CT and TNT is based in Atlanta, GA.

Venti Quattro
02-12-2015, 07:22 PM
For 2 fucking years klay has fucking gone MIA in the postseason. :lmao

Playoff choker is in his veins. :lmao

Regular season event. The Warriors are 42-9 with Steph and Klay anchoring the team offensively... ah nevermind you won't see that this is a regular season event and that players will be adjudged differently in the playoffs. Suck Kawhi's dick to your heart's content

dabom
02-12-2015, 07:23 PM
It's funny you mention that because ESPN is in Bristol, CT and TNT is based in Atlanta, GA.

WTF does it matter where they are based if you still watch that faggot shit on TV in cali. :lmao

Klay better than kawhi. :lmao

dabom
02-12-2015, 07:24 PM
Regular season event. The Warriors are 42-9 with Steph and Klay anchoring the team offensively... ah nevermind you won't see that this is a regular season event and that players will be adjudged differently in the playoffs. Suck Kawhi's dick to your heart's content

Regular season players. :lmao

Venti Quattro
02-12-2015, 07:25 PM
WTF does it matter where they are based if you still watch that faggot shit on TV in cali. :lmao

Klay better than kawhi. :lmao

In the regular season, you stupid ass crack. Again, because you are too busy sucking Kiwi's dick to understand, players will be adjudged by a different (and higher) standard during the playoffs. But in the regular season, there is NO DOUBT that I would take Klay over Kiwi in the All-Star game -- which is, by the way, a regular season event and not the playoffs.

Pauleta14
02-12-2015, 07:52 PM
Because? The All-Star game is not based on who fluked into a Finals MVP last season because of a great system. The All-Star Game is a collection of players who have been consistent perennial all-stars, and who's playing the hottest right before the All-Star break. I don't think Kawhi is any of the two.

I wasn't talking only about ASG criteria... (obviously Klay is way more deserving this year..)

I meant on the long term. Klay is a great player, still a bit overrated on the defensive end tho. IMO Kawhi has a bigger upside and is much more valuable to a team because of his versatility on D.

Brazil
02-12-2015, 09:04 PM

Dirk in his old age still has proven he can put a mediocre team on his back and get to around the 45-50 win mark

Kawhi has never proven crap, other than the fact that he clearly is incapable of being the centerpiece of a serious team at this point of his career.

I respectfully disagree tbh just check stats of the Spurs with and without Leonard. The fact he is not the leader of the team who belongs to Duncan has nothing to do with performance and impact on the team. Nobody is talking here about intangibles.

Leonard is clearly today the best player of the team... He missed a bunch of games but Spurs are playing at another level with him especially on the D end. Always thought Dirk received a lot of undeserved crap about his defense but nowadays he is mostly a non factor on this side

Brazil
02-12-2015, 09:07 PM
For the rest Venti is cute tbh... Klay is the superior player in RS... And ? Who fucking cares ?

if you want a ring you take Kawhi 100 times over 100

hater
02-12-2015, 09:11 PM
I'd take Matrix 2.0 over Klay too tbh

and I am not in the short bus crew that thinks Kawhi is our MVP or best player neither :lol

Klay is an overrated scrub as will be shown in the playoffs.

hater
02-12-2015, 09:12 PM

truth bombs tbh

Phillip
02-12-2015, 09:19 PM
I respectfully disagree tbh just check stats of the Spurs with and without Leonard. The fact he is not the leader of the team who belongs to Duncan has nothing to do with performance and impact on the team. Nobody is talking here about intangibles.

Leonard is clearly today the best player of the team... He missed a bunch of games but Spurs are playing at another level with him especially on the D end. Always thought Dirk received a lot of undeserved crap about his defense but nowadays he is mostly a non factor on this side

and despite dirk being pretty poor on defense, his offense is still somehow good enough to win around 50 games a year as the unquestioned leader with mediocre talent around him, while Kawhi still has not proven he is the unquestioned leader of his team.

Replace Dirk with Kawhi, and you seriously think the Mavs win 49 last year?

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. For his role as a glue guy, Kawhi is really good. REALLY good. He is among the best glue guys in the league. But as a foundation? I still do not see any proof that he can be the indisputable #1 guy on a team, and that team be any kind of serious contender.

dabom
02-12-2015, 09:22 PM
and despite dirk being pretty poor on defense, his offense is still somehow good enough to win around 50 games a year as the unquestioned leader with mediocre talent around him, while Kawhi still has not proven he is the unquestioned leader of his team.

Replace Dirk with Kawhi, and you seriously think the Mavs win 49 last year?

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. For his role as a glue guy, Kawhi is really good. REALLY good. He is among the best glue guys in the league. But as a foundation? I still do not see any proof that he can be the indisputable #1 guy on a team, and that team be any kind of serious contender.

Kawhi at 23 is more accomplished than dirk at 40. :lmao

Clipper Nation
02-12-2015, 09:23 PM

Hmmm.... do I want the proven playoff choker, or the reigning Finals MVP? Tough choice, tbh.

Venti Quattro
02-12-2015, 09:38 PM
Hmmm.... do I want the proven playoff choker, or the reigning Finals MVP? Tough choice, tbh.

I'd take the guy who is just on fire and wow-ing everyone so far THIS season than the guy who lucked into an Finals MVP last season

dabom
02-12-2015, 09:40 PM
I'd take the guy who is just on fire and wow-ing everyone so far THIS season than the guy who lucked into an Finals MVP last season

Lottery team. :lmao

Venti Quattro
02-12-2015, 09:45 PM
For the rest Venti is cute tbh... Klay is the superior player in RS... And ? Who fucking cares ?
And who fucking cares as well? The all star game selection is adjudged from the start of the 2014-15 to the time coaches vote the time the All-Star game tips off. Pretry sure Klay has shown more than Kawhi this season bc of overall better performance and health. Again why are you guys so salty... This is just who are you picking right now to play for the West AS and not who are you anchoring a championship run on. I think we pretty much agree that Kawhi is that anchor guy until Klay proves otherwise

This is just who deserves more to play in the ASG and not who is a better championship anchor. You Frenchies are probably extra salty just because a German got in.

apalisoc_9
02-12-2015, 09:48 PM
Lucked?

Are you retarded?

kawhi has been a beast in the last three years in the playoffs..

Jesus Laker fan.

Clipper Nation
02-12-2015, 09:51 PM

I'll still take the proven playoff performer on my team over the choke artist with cute regular-season numbers.

Also, "lucking into a Finals MVP" would be more like getting dragged to a ring by the real alphas on the team and then being awarded FMVP for it solely because of your name, tbh.

Venti Quattro
02-12-2015, 09:52 PM
Lucked?

Are you retarded?

kawhi has been a beast in the last three years in the playoffs..

Jesus Laker fan.

I watched the Finals and he deserved it. His play was stellar for an early 20's guy to conquer the biggest stage of basketball. Just putting that out so, you know, just to agitate some more people :D

Venti Quattro
02-12-2015, 10:00 PM
I'll still take the proven playoff performer on my team over the choke artist with cute regular-season numbers.

Also, "lucking into a Finals MVP" would be more like getting dragged to a ring by the real alphas on the team and then being awarded FMVP for it solely because of your name, tbh.

A lot of these players that have been given All-Star Game invites are from cute little teams.

Klay
Steph
Millsap
Horford
Teague
Korver
Chris Paul
BOOOOOGIEEEEEE
Wall
Lowry

NONE of them are proven playoff performers. But why are they there? Because their play for the 2014-15 regular season has been stellar enough to merit an All-Star invite. Kobe wouldn't be selected if not for the fans.

Clipper Nation
02-12-2015, 10:02 PM
I don't give two shits about the All-Star Game, tbh. I'm just saying, if I'm building a team, I'm taking Kawhi over Klay any day of the week.

Venti Quattro
02-12-2015, 10:05 PM
I don't give two shits about the All-Star Game, tbh. I'm just saying, if I'm building a team, I'm taking Kawhi over Klay any day of the week.

Never said anything about building a team. I was talking purely from an All-Star nod standpoint. But if it comes to that I'd still give Kawhi a slight advantage even though I love Klay and Steph.

The Finals experience of totally obliterating a title favorite is immeasurable.

TheGreatYacht
02-12-2015, 10:05 PM
Lol

Sean Cagney
02-13-2015, 02:43 AM
Not even. Kawhi is our most important player but he missed too many games this season.

.^^^^^^^^^ This.

Pauleta14
02-13-2015, 04:19 AM
tbh the only thing that we still don't know about Kawhi is how is he gonna respond when being the go-to guy AND being the focus of the opponents...

Up until now he has blossomed with most of the attention being on the big3...

But if we have to compare to Klay, Kawhi offers waaaay more guaranty in that regard.

hater
02-13-2015, 07:43 AM
A lot of these players that have been given All-Star Game invites are from cute little teams.

Klay
Steph
Millsap
Horford
Teague
Korver
Chris Paul
BOOOOOGIEEEEEE
Wall
Lowry

NONE of them are proven playoff performers. But why are they there? Because their play for the 2014-15 regular season has been stellar enough to merit an All-Star invite. Kobe wouldn't be selected if not for the fans.

Truth bombs

hater
02-13-2015, 07:43 AM
Never said anything about building a team. I was talking purely from an All-Star nod standpoint. But if it comes to that I'd still give Kawhi a slight advantage even though I love Klay and Steph.

The Finals experience of totally obliterating a title favorite is immeasurable.

Cosign

Horse
02-13-2015, 11:27 AM
First off the average fan is Damn near brain dead when it comes to voting, 2nd just watch a Spurs game on nba tv or tnt outside of Spur fans they know very little about our team. I'd rather he take a break and get ready for the 2nd half.

Russ
02-13-2015, 11:51 AM
Can't wait to see Kawhi next Thursday here in LA.

He'll be stewing all week and score 20+ against the Clips with a vengeance.

Book it folks. :toast

Brazil
02-13-2015, 11:55 AM
And who fucking cares as well? The all star game selection is adjudged from the start of the 2014-15 to the time coaches vote the time the All-Star game tips off. Pretry sure Klay has shown more than Kawhi this season bc of overall better performance and health. Again why are you guys so salty... This is just who are you picking right now to play for the West AS and not who are you anchoring a championship run on. I think we pretty much agree that Kawhi is that anchor guy until Klay proves otherwise

This is just who deserves more to play in the ASG and not who is a better championship anchor. You Frenchies are probably extra salty just because a German got in.

dude you are losing it tbh... I'm salty over what ? that Kawhi is not in the ASG ? :lol big fucking deal

You bring Germany in that discussion for what purpose ?

Klay clearly deserves more than Kawhi to go to the ASG... I already wrote he is the superior player in this RS and I'm gonna repeat myself... who cares ? you ?

Clipper Nation
02-13-2015, 12:28 PM
Can't wait to see Kawhi next Thursday here in LA.

He'll be stewing all week and score 20+ against the Clips with a vengeance.

Book it folks. :toast
Just auditioning for his future team, tbh. :downspin:

Horse
02-13-2015, 01:18 PM

What do you expect the regular season is all the lakers will see.

RD2191
02-13-2015, 01:29 PM
Lol, Kawhi owns that choking faggot klay. Kawhi shows up when it matters. Regular season accomplishments.:lol

Phillip
02-13-2015, 01:32 PM

:lmao gnsf

dabom
02-13-2015, 01:47 PM
It's true though. Hahaha

ThomasamohT
02-13-2015, 04:35 PM

Of all the stupid things posted in this thread, this one takes the cake for me.

I'm not saying Kawhi is a scrub but how many regular season MVPs does Kawhi have? That's right, 0. He's got 1 finals mvp that he might not have even deserved(btw Dirk has one as well).

Meanwhile Dirk is a former MVP who has lead his team to 2 NBA finals. He's also #7 on the NBA all time scoring list. His team is doing better than the Spurs and without him his team might not even be in the race for the playoffs. He's played in 16 more games this season and is playing fewer minutes per game.

As Phillip said, Kawhi is a really good glue guy but Dirk is more deserving of this honor than Kawhi.

hater
02-13-2015, 04:38 PM
:lmao kawhitards getting neutered :lol

http://cdn.mos.totalfilm.com/images/r/rocky-balboa.jpg

Robz4000
02-13-2015, 05:21 PM

Taking Klay over Kawhi is one of them tbh.

DJR210
02-13-2015, 05:30 PM
:lol "snubbed"

DJR210
02-13-2015, 05:31 PM
Lol, Kawhi owns that choking faggot klay. Kawhi shows up when it matters. Regular season accomplishments.:lol

Put up 37 in a quarter against Kawhi then I'll be impressed.

Hoops Czar
02-13-2015, 07:35 PM

Not for a realist. Klay's having a better season. The All-star game doesn't take into account career accomplishments. It only takes into account THIS year's accomplishment. Pretty easy decision, tbh. Not even one you have to sleep on.

Robz4000
02-13-2015, 07:59 PM
Not for a realist. Klay's having a better season. The All-star game doesn't take into account career accomplishments. It only takes into account THIS year's accomplishment. Pretty easy decision, tbh. Not even one you have to sleep on.

As I read the thread I got that Venti's post was referring to this season, and I agree: Klay has had a better season. Still, from what it sounded like at first glance was that Klay is a better player, which just isn't true.

dabom
02-13-2015, 08:13 PM
Of all the stupid things posted in this thread, this one takes the cake for me.

I'm not saying Kawhi is a scrub but how many regular season MVPs does Kawhi have? That's right, 0. He's got 1 finals mvp that he might not have even deserved(btw Dirk has one as well).

Meanwhile Dirk is a former MVP who has lead his team to 2 NBA finals. He's also #7 on the NBA all time scoring list. His team is doing better than the Spurs and without him his team might not even be in the race for the playoffs. He's played in 16 more games this season and is playing fewer minutes per game.

As Phillip said, Kawhi is a really good glue guy but Dirk is more deserving of this honor than Kawhi.

Did dirk lose in the first round as the MVP? :lmao

daslicer
02-13-2015, 09:54 PM
Saying Kawhi has had a better career than Dirk is crazy. Hopefully Kawhi can reach Dirk's level where he can consistently lead the spurs to 50 plus wins every year once the big 3 is gone.

Venti Quattro
02-13-2015, 09:58 PM

For an 2015 All-star invite? Sure I would 10/10, would do it again. If you think that's too outlandish then you need to stop sucking Kawhi's dick.

Klay has had better performances and he has had more chances to make his case for an 2014-15 All-Star nod than Kawhi.

Venti Quattro
02-13-2015, 10:04 PM
It's true though. Hahaha

Dirk Diggler has been his team's #1 for 15 years. In the process he has won titles, MVPs and FMVPs inasmuch that he choked in 2006.

I get it, Kawhi is a proven playoff performer but tbh Prime Dirk over him anytime. You can't neglect a 7-footer who can post up and shoot, despite his deficiencies on defense, which we all know were fixed anyway.

Silver&Black
02-13-2015, 10:09 PM

The Kawhi has accomplished more than Dirk already post. Jesus H. Christ......

Robz4000
02-13-2015, 10:16 PM
For an 2015 All-star invite? Sure I would 10/10, would do it again. If you think that's too outlandish then you need to stop sucking Kawhi's dick.

Klay has had better performances and he has had more chances to make his case for an 2014-15 All-Star nod than Kawhi.

Chill bruv, I misunderstood your post. I agree with Klay > Kawhi for AS 2015.

Venti Quattro
02-13-2015, 10:19 PM
The Kawhi has accomplished more than Dirk already post. Jesus H. Christ......

Some posters just need to be ethered out of the Earth. Devoid of any logic and sense.

How can Kawhi have accomplished more than someone who has been number #1 on his team for a decade and a half and someone who has a championship and many more individual accolades?

Venti Quattro
02-13-2015, 10:20 PM
Chill bruv, I misunderstood your post. I agree with Klay > Kawhi for AS 2015.

:tu :tu fair point.

I was kinda too harsh bc I thought you were missing the point too, and you're one of the most level-headed posters here.

timtonymanu
02-13-2015, 10:31 PM

I was kinda too harsh bc I thought you were missing the point too, and you're one of the most level-headed posters here.

Kawhi > Klay, brah :cry
In fact, Kawhi >>>> any all star this season.

Venti Quattro
02-13-2015, 10:39 PM
Kawhi > Klay, brah :cry
In fact, Kawhi >>>> any all star this season.

To be fair I would've played him over Boogie. Boogie has generated good equity this season, and I love Boogie even though he's crazy as fuck, but his team is bad. But then Kawhi's been injured too much and it hurt his chances for an All-Star selection...

timtonymanu
02-13-2015, 10:42 PM
To be fair I would've played him over Boogie. Boogie has generated good equity this season, and I love Boogie even though he's crazy as fuck, but his team is bad. But then Kawhi's been injured too much and it hurt his chances for an All-Star selection...

Agree that Leonard was out too many games to get a spot. It's just funny seeing everyone take your post out of context, myself included. :lol

Venti Quattro
02-13-2015, 10:45 PM
Agree that Leonard was out too many games to get a spot. It's just funny seeing everyone take your post out of context, myself included. :lol

Someone went full retard and went ahead to state that Kawhi is more accomplished than Dirk. Of course someone had to top your moment of extremism.

wildchild
02-13-2015, 10:45 PM
tbh the only thing that we still don't know about Kawhi is how is he gonna respond when being the go-to guy AND being the focus of the opponents...

Up until now he has blossomed with most of the attention being on the big3..

Well, he has had good games whitout the Big3 and has scored at least 20 points in most of those games, not just last season but this season as well.

However, the best thing about Kawhi is that he has always responded to every challenge in his career playing at high level.

But if we have to compare to Klay, Kawhi offers waaaay more guaranty in that regard.

Klay is a great shooter/scorer but the difference between a champ and a contender is an all around player like Kawhi.
Players like him who can elevate their games on both ends of the court in playoffs.

Silver&Black
02-13-2015, 10:49 PM
Some posters just need to be ethered out of the Earth. Devoid of any logic and sense.

How can Kawhi have accomplished more than someone who has been number #1 on his team for a decade and a half and someone who has a championship and many more individual accolades?

Let me start by saying I'm a huge Kawhi fan. BUT.....there is only one Spurs player in franchise history that's had a better "career" than Dirk. And that's Mr. Timmy Duncan.

:lmao Bonner has 2 rings.....guess he's had a better career than Dirk too.

dabom
02-13-2015, 11:27 PM
Tongue in cheek joke guys. Chill the fuck out. :lmao

Hoops Czar
02-13-2015, 11:59 PM
Tongue in cheek joke guys. Chill the fuck out. :lmao

That pretty much sums up your entire Spurstalk existence. And the sad part is you weren't joking.

Russ
02-14-2015, 12:03 AM
Kawhi vs. Dirk.

Both are great players despite their BGs.

Both are from fascist hinterlands.

Dirk from Deutschland.

Kawhi from Riverside.

BackHome
02-14-2015, 01:32 AM
Love Kawhi but he is not playing like a All Star or playing like someone we should given a max contract to either.

daslicer
02-14-2015, 01:39 AM
Love Kawhi but he is not playing like a All Star or playing like someone we should given a max contract to either.

Agreed Kawhi is huge intangible guy for the spurs right now and without him their record is worse but at the same time he lacks consistency which is why he's not an all-star player.

Cry Havoc
02-14-2015, 02:17 AM
There's a really strange argument in this thread about how the regular season is worthless but Spurs fans are upset that Kawhi isn't going to the ASG, which despite being a regular season award, somehow means a lot to them.

Kawhi has been hurt and Klay has been a monster this year. In the playoffs there's a real debate to be had about who might be better this year. But there's no debate as to who's had the better season.

Robz4000
02-14-2015, 06:06 AM

Same to you my dude. Niner fans need to stick together imo.

Gagnrath
02-14-2015, 06:32 AM
Let me start by saying I'm a huge Kawhi fan. BUT.....there is only one Spurs player in franchise history that's had a better "career" than Dirk. And that's Mr. Timmy Duncan.

I'd argue that Robinson is more accomplished.

2 rings Vs 1
Both have one MVP
Dirk has slightly more all star appearances.
Same number of all NBA first team awards...
Robinson had a Defensive player of the year and was blocks and rebounds leader.
He also has at least one Citizenship award.

ceperez
02-14-2015, 08:29 AM
No, he missed too many games. Plus it'll keep him hungry.

Agree. The Spurs don't need players that think they are better than they really are.

Venti Quattro
02-14-2015, 09:32 AM

2 rings Vs 1
Both have one MVP

Dirk has led his team to two Finals trips
He has led his team for over a decade and a half.

These things don't get one an award but they matter

wildchild
02-14-2015, 12:45 PM
or playing like someone we should given a max contract to either.

Well, there is a rare tendency for NBA teams to max their best players.
Since his return Kawhi was playing at really good level, arguably the best Spurs player in those games until his last bad shooting nights. If you think sometimes eye test is a stand in for bias, AdjGS, OffRtg/DeffRtg, and another numbers can help...

It's hard to believe the team will lose an asset like Kawhi for nothing, but if the Spurs' FO agree with you and they don't want to offer him a max contract or match a max offer, probably after no-contenders/small market teams realize how less attractive they are to the Top/Big name-free agents, Kawhi'd sign a max/short term deal with one of those teams.

Considering the new TV deal and the Spurs rebuilding situation next seasons that deal would be one of the best scenarios for Kawhi, a very reasonable -and lucrative- option which will allow him to hit the market in 2017 as a just 25-year-old.

Anyway, nobody can't predict what will happen and the Spurs and Kawhi have bigger issues than the off-season right now, the team need a win streak to improve their seeding and Kawhi needs to get his shot back.

Silver&Black
02-14-2015, 01:38 PM

2 rings Vs 1
Both have one MVP

Yeah...after I posted that I thought about the Admiral. It's close IMO...But I'd still give the slight edge to Dirk.

And it pains me to say that....The Admiral is the sole reason why I'm a Spurs fan.

Cry Havoc
02-14-2015, 02:05 PM
Yeah...after I posted that I thought about the Admiral. It's close IMO...But I'd still give the slight edge to Dirk.

And it pains me to say that....The Admiral is the sole reason why I'm a Spurs fan.

Same here. :tu

KL2
02-14-2015, 07:41 PM
Kawhi got snubbed period, his advanced stats shit on most of these "all stars". His overall impact is not fully reflected through basic stats lol.

People are too obsessed with regular stats, you can't properly judge a player through these. People forget how shitty the Spurs were this year. No Mills, Splitter, Diaw regressed, Parker injured and has regressed into one of the worst PG's in the league, Belli injured, Ayres/Anderson/Daye/Bonner and others were filling in for Splitter. I think Daye/Anderson literally combined for like 0/30 3pt attempts at one point, the Spurs' 3pt game as a whole went from lights out in the playoffs to terrible. Diaw/Baynes/Ayres/Parker/Belli/Bonner, these are actually some of the worst defenders in the league as well, Parker literally the worst defender in the NBA.

Leonard was pretty much playing around lottery caliber team much of the season lol.

But I guess people don't think grabbing 8 boards a game against the all star bigs and forwards of the West isn't impressive, guarding the best team's player whether it's 1-4 night after night and keeping them from destroying your team, great help defense that won't show up on the stat sheet, shutting off entire areas of the floor improving everyone around you. His shot creation doesn't show up on the stat sheet either, he's very aggressive and breaks down the defense constantly, people often mistake it as being out of control, but they aren't paying attention to the defensive mismatches he's creating. He's sucking in the defense, allowing the Spurs to break down teams with ball movement, doesn't get assists.

Guess they'd rather have some guy jacking up 20 shots a game, not doing any of those things I just mentioned, their defense heavily negating much of what they've done offensively making their overall impact overrated.

ChumpDumper
02-14-2015, 07:54 PM
Dude missed too many games.

Simple.

Gagnrath
02-15-2015, 01:07 AM
Dirk has led his team to two Finals trips
He has led his team for over a decade and a half.

These things don't get one an award but they matter

Robinson played very high level Defense for 12 years in the NBA.....
Dirk played defense sorta for a couple of years when the rest of his team was very very good.
Both ends of the court matter as well.

ThomasamohT
02-15-2015, 10:58 AM
Did dirk lose in the first round as the MVP? :lmao

I forget but was it Dirk that choked away a championship at the line in 2013?

DAF86
02-15-2015, 11:54 AM

Dude, just stop it. Stop trying to talk about Kawhi like you watch everygame he plays. If you knew how retarded your takes about him are you would kill yourself out of embarrassment.

apalisoc_9
02-15-2015, 12:13 PM
To the guy that laughed at me when I said Manu has always been the leader out of the big 3...You're a mainstream fan tbh..

It's clear as day that on court, Manu leads and Tony and Timmy listens

hater
02-15-2015, 12:16 PM
That pretty much sums up your entire Spurstalk existence. And the sad part is you weren't joking.

hater
02-15-2015, 12:18 PM
To the guy that laughed at me

You need to be more specific.

Phillip
02-15-2015, 03:15 PM
Dude, just stop it. Stop trying to talk about Kawhi like you watch everygame he plays. If you knew how retarded your takes about him are you would kill yourself out of embarrassment.

Prove that Kawhi is clearly > Dirk.

milkyway21
02-15-2015, 05:15 PM
Let me start by saying I'm a huge Kawhi fan. BUT.....there is only one Spurs player in franchise history that's had a better "career" than Dirk. And that's Mr. Timmy Duncan....

In the NBA, yes. Being the Dallas Mavericks franchise player.

But internationally, I'd take Manu over Dirk leading Argentina to win Gold in the Olympics ...

DAF86
02-15-2015, 05:18 PM
Prove that Kawhi is clearly > Dirk.

I'm not saying Kawhi is clearly > Dirk. I haven't watched the _allas Chockericks all season long. I have watched the Spurs a lot though and I know how retarded it is to call Kawhi a "glue guy".

DAF86
02-15-2015, 05:21 PM

:lmao Bonner has 2 rings.....guess he's had a better career than Dirk too.

Manu's 4 rings, Gold medal, bronze medal and Worlds silver medal say hi. (You may not give a fuck about things outside of the NBA but non US born players do).

Phillip
02-15-2015, 05:38 PM
I'm not saying Kawhi is clearly > Dirk. I haven't watched the _allas Chockericks all season long. I have watched the Spurs a lot though and I know how retarded it is to call Kawhi a "glue guy".

What makes you think I haven't watch the Spurs much? Because I'm not knobslobbing him the way you, and other blatant Spurs homers do, doesn't mean anything.

Considering he isn't the teams best scorer, isn't the teams best rebounder, isn't the teams best passer, isn't the teams court leader, has a lower usage % than the Big 3, and arguably isn't even the teams best defender still, yet is at least adequate (if not solid) in all of those areas, I don't see how he is anything more than a glue guy.

Phillip
02-15-2015, 05:40 PM
Manu's 4 rings, Gold medal, bronze medal and Worlds silver medal say hi. (You may not give a fuck about things outside of the NBA but non US born players do).

Robert Horry's 6 rings say hi.

Kobe's 5 championships and 2 gold medals say hi.

Horry > Duncan

Kobe >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Duncan

Silver&Black
02-15-2015, 05:42 PM

In the NBA, yes. Being the Dallas Mavericks franchise player.

But internationally, I'd take Manu over Dirk leading Argentina to win Gold in the Olympics ...

I think you two guys are severely underestimating Dirk's career....dude is on the short list of greatest players of this generation.

DAF86
02-15-2015, 05:44 PM
What makes you think I haven't watch the Spurs much? Because I'm not knobslobbing him the way you, and other blatant Spurs homers do, doesn't mean anything.

Considering he isn't the teams best scorer, isn't the teams best rebounder, isn't the teams best passer, isn't the teams court leader, has a lower usage % than the Big 3, and arguably isn't even the teams best defender still, yet is at least adequate (if not solid) in all of those areas, I don't see how he is anything more than a glue guy.

Because I know you like to talk shit without actually watching or knowing much of what you're arguing (lol Tony Allen/Shane Battier type player :lol). If you would have watched the Spurs enough times you would know Leonard is either 1a or 1b alongside Duncan in terms of relevance to this team. There's just no other way around it.

DAF86
02-15-2015, 05:45 PM
I think you two guys are severely underestimating Dirk's career....dude is on the short list of greatest players of this generation.

Nope, I know how great Dirk is. I think you're the one underestimating Manu's accomplishments, specially for a non US born player.

DAF86
02-15-2015, 05:48 PM
Robert Horry's 6 rings say hi.

Kobe's 5 championships and 2 gold medals say hi.

Horry > Duncan

Horry has always been a role player. The only time Manu was a role player on his many championships was on his first NBA ring. And lol comparing winning Gold with the USNT against winning it anywhere else.

dabom
02-15-2015, 05:56 PM
Bonner 2rings dirk 1 ring. Lolololollolol

Phillip
02-15-2015, 06:04 PM
Because I know you like to talk shit without actually watching or knowing much of what you're arguing (lol Tony Allen/Shane Battier type player :lol). If you would have watched the Spurs enough times you would know Leonard is either 1a or 1b alongside Duncan in terms of relevance to this team. There's just no other way around it.

I never said he wasn't relevant to the team. All I said is that he was a glue guy. Scottie Pippen was a glue guy too, but he was incredibly important to the Bulls. Dennis Rodman was a glue guy, yet was incredibly important to the Pistons. You could even argue Kobe for the first 3-peat Lakers was a glue guy.

"Glue guy" refers to a skill set (being incredibly versatile). There is absolutely nothing wrong with being a glue guy. I don't know why you think it's some sort of insult :dizzy

Nope, I know how great Dirk is. I think you're the one underestimating Manu's accomplishments, specially for a non US born player.

Yep, because it's Dirk's fault that his international teams completely sucked dick, whereas Manu's international teams was littered with NBA talent. :rolleyes

Horry has always been a role player. The only time Manu was a role player on his many championships was on his first NBA ring. And lol comparing winning Gold with the USNT against winning it anywhere else.

Oh, so basically other factors, such as team surroundings, role, etc... make a big difference on a team's success? Glad you finally see the point, unfortunately you are too much of an unintelligent smelly argy be@ner to realize what stupidity you spew when saying Manu > Dirk. Great job :tu

dabom
02-15-2015, 06:09 PM
Spurs 5 allas 1. Lolooloolo

Silver&Black
02-15-2015, 06:31 PM

:lol at the "specially for a non US born player" take

I guess Dirk was born in New Berlin, Texas..........

DAF86
02-15-2015, 06:35 PM
:lol at the "specially for a non US born player" take

I guess Dirk was born in New Berlin, Texas..........

That's exactly why I said it, tbh. Reading comprehension son.

DAF86
02-15-2015, 06:50 PM
I never said he wasn't relevant to the team. All I said is that he was a glue guy. Scottie Pippen was a glue guy too, but he was incredibly important to the Bulls. Dennis Rodman was a glue guy, yet was incredibly important to the Pistons. You could even argue Kobe for the first 3-peat Lakers was a glue guy.

"Glue guy" refers to a skill set (being incredibly versatile). There is absolutely nothing wrong with being a glue guy. I don't know why you think it's some sort of insult :dizzy

"Glue guy" is a term usually reserved for guys that have a very important role on their team but that are nothing more than role players, you will never hear anyone call Lebron a "glue guy" despite being the most versatile player in the World. Kawhi isn't a "glue guy" for the Spurs, he's arguably the best player on the team.

Yep, because it's Dirk's fault that his international teams completely sucked dick, whereas Manu's international teams was littered with NBA talent. :rolleyes

Oh, so basically other factors, such as team surroundings, role, etc... make a big difference on a team's success? Glad you finally see the point, unfortunately you are too much of an unintelligent smelly argy be@ner to realize what stupidity you spew when saying Manu > Dirk. Great job :tu

And how does any of that disproves my point? We're talking careers here, not who's the better payer or hypotheticals. Would have Manu lead Argentina to Gold medal with lesser teammates? Probably not but he did have those teammates and he did win Gold and that Gold alongside his many other accomplishments make Manu's overall basketball career > Dirk's, imho.

4 NBA rings, Gold and Bronze Olympic medals, Silver WC medal (only 'cause Manu missed the final if not it would be Gold) all while being a star of his teams > NBA ring, NBA MVP.

That's my opinion anyway, you can have yours but I think I'm making a pretty fair point (arguable at the very least, tbh).

Silver&Black
02-15-2015, 07:07 PM
That's exactly why I said, tbh. Reading comprehension son.

Listen dude....I know it's blasphemous for somebody to tell you that your Argentine hero is not as good as some other player. But I think most NBA fans (excluding people with personal agendas) would say that Dirk's career has been more impressive than Manu's.

Announcers all the time for opposing teams ask, "Is Manu a Hall of Fame guy?" They don't even ask that question when it comes to Dirk. That's because he's a fucking lock. And yes...the HOF takes everything into consideration....even all those things that :cry Non US people care about :cry

You're seriously using things like Gold Medals and 4>1 rings here? Argentina's team>>>>>>>Germany's team. And the Spurs roster>>>>>>>>Mavs roster.

BTW.....I fucking hate Dirk. :tu

DAF86
02-15-2015, 07:17 PM
Listen dude....I know it's blasphemous for somebody to tell you that your Argentine hero is not as good as some other player. But I think most NBA fans (excluding people with personal agendas) would say that Dirk's career has been more impressive than Manu's.

Announcers all the time for opposing teams ask, "Is Manu a Hall of Fame guy?" They don't even ask that question when it comes to Dirk. That's because he's a fucking lock. And yes...the HOF takes everything into consideration....even all those things that :cry Non US people care about :cry

You're seriously using things like Gold Medals and 4>1 rings here? Argentina's team>>>>>>>Germany's team. And the Spurs roster>>>>>>>>Mavs roster.

BTW.....I fucking hate Dirk. :tu

Again, what does anything of what you're saying has to do with what we're arguing? Read above son, this isn't a "who's better" argument, this is a "who's had a better career?" argument. Yes, Manu has had more help on his teams (that also plays against individual stats and recognition, btw) but that's irrelevant to the discussion. You said Dirk has had a better career than any Spur not named Duncan while some of us argue that Manu's overall basketball accomplishments are better than Dirk's. Those who ask whether Manu is a hall of Famer or not are ignorant folks, anyone that knows better knows that Manu is just as "fucking lock", first ballot Hall of Famer as Dirk, tbh.

BTW... I don't fucking hate Dirk. I think he's one of the few NBA stars that doesn't act like a douche and is all around a cool dude, beside I like watching him make tough fadeaway jumpers. :tu

ducks
02-15-2015, 07:18 PM

Try watching other teams then when Spurs play them
They are good players out there

DAF86
02-15-2015, 07:20 PM
Try watching other teams then when Spurs play them
They are good players out there

I watch a lot of teams (I have probably watched as much Warriors and Bulls games as Spurs games) just haven't the chance to see many Mavs games this season.

DAF86
02-15-2015, 07:24 PM
BTW, Parker's career is probably > Dirk's too, tbh.

4 NBA rings, finals MVP and the Euro (a tournament Dirk would love to win) is probably > NBA ring, reg. season and finals MVP.

Silver&Black
02-15-2015, 07:30 PM
Again, what does anything of what you're saying has to do with what we're arguing? Read above son, this isn't a "who's better" argument, this is a "who's had a better career?" argument. Yes, Manu has had more help on his teams (that also plays against individual stats and recognition, btw) but that's irrelevant to the discussion. You said Dirk has had a better career than any Spur not named Duncan while some of us argue that Manu's overall basketball accomplishments are better than Dirk's. Those who ask whether Manu is a hall of Famer or not are ignorant folks, anyone that knows better knows that Manu is just as "fucking lock", first ballot Hall of Famer as Dirk, tbh.

BTW... I don't fucking hate Dirk. I think he's one of the few NBA stars that doesn't act like a douche and is all around a cool dude, beside I like watching him make tough fadeaway jumpers. :tu

It's okay "son".....we can agree to disagree. It's fine..........

I'll take Dirk's career over Manu's career.....and I'll stick with my Tim Duncan is the only Spurs player that's had a better career than Dirk. Are other Spurs' players like Manu and The Admiral in the discussion? Yes they are. Some people will agree with me.....and some will agree with you. It doesn't mean that either of us are right or wrong.

However, posters who say stupid shit like Kawhi has already had a better career than Dirk need to be (as Venti Quattro put it) ethered out of the Earth.....

DAF86
02-15-2015, 07:33 PM
It's okay "son".....we can agree to disagree. It's fine..........

I'll take Dirk's career over Manu's career.....and I'll stick with my Tim Duncan is the only Spurs player that's had a better career than Dirk. Are other Spurs' players like Manu and The Admiral in the discussion? Yes they are. Some people will agree with me.....and some will agree with you. It doesn't mean that either of us are right or wrong.

However, posters who say stupid shit like Kawhi has already had a better career than Dirk need to be (as Venti Quattro put it) ethered out of the Earth.....

:tu

Don't get mad at the "son" schtick, son. It's a ST thing, this is what we do, tbh.

Silver&Black
02-15-2015, 07:41 PM
:tu

Don't get mad at the "son" schtick, son. It's a ST thing, this is what we do, tbh.

:lmao I'm not mad bro....

Nice arguing with you son....we'll have to do it again sometime in the near future :tu

daslicer
02-15-2015, 07:59 PM
Hayward's case for all star > Kawhi

I'm surprised you haven't bragged about the Jazz's great future.

Phillip
02-15-2015, 08:13 PM
"Glue guy" is a term usually reserved for guys that have a very important role on their team but that are nothing more than role players, you will never hear anyone call Lebron a "glue guy" despite being the most versatile player in the World. Kawhi isn't a "glue guy" for the Spurs, he's arguably the best player on the team.

1) "Arguably" is why it's laughable. He has never been unquestionably the best player on his team, and hasn't exactly displayed some immense ability to be just that. So considering the context of this entire discussion, to compare what he has meant to his team, to what Dirk has meant to his team, is ridiculous.

2) Being the "best player on the team" doesn't necessarily mean anything. MCW is probably the best player on the 76ers, but that doesn't make him a great player. Granted, that is an extensive hyperbole, but the point is, being the best player on your team, if your team isn't exactly brimming with success, doesn't mean anything. Are the Spurs good? Sure. Do they appear to be a serious championship contender as of right now? Not really, they have some serious flaws (although they could certainly be fixed in time).

So far, nothing has proven that Kawhi should be anything more than a glue guy. And comparing this year to last year, it appears that the team is better with him being a glue guy, as opposed to a leader, considering how much better they were last year, and now that Parker and Manu has taken a step back this year, and more opportunity has arisen for Kawhi to step into their role, but the team in general has had a notable decline in the quality of their play (yes, there have been injuries, but even when healthy, the team clearly does not look as good as they have been the past few years), obviously his ability to be a leader is lacking. So again, going back to the initial discussion at hand, Kawhi was not snubbed at all for the All-Star game. He simply was not deserving as other players have been.

And how does any of that disproves my point? We're talking careers here, not who's the better payer or hypotheticals. Would have Manu lead Argentina to Gold medal with lesser teammates? Probably not but he did have those teammates and he did win Gold and that Gold alongside his many other accomplishments make Manu's overall basketball career > Dirk's, imho.

4 NBA rings, Gold and Bronze Olympic medals, Silver WC medal (only 'cause Manu missed the final if not it would be Gold) all while being a star of his teams > NBA ring, NBA MVP.

That's my opinion anyway, you can have yours but I think I'm making a pretty fair point (arguable at the very least, tbh).

Accolades and career are two different things.

Horry has more accolades than Ron Artest and Juwan Howard. But that certainly does not mean he had a better career as a basketball player. That just meant he was in the right place at the right time more frequently.

Same for Manu and Dirk. Manu may have a few more accolades, but he certainly has not had a better career as a basketball player than Dirk. Manu will always be remembered as a fantastic player with tons of heart. But Dirk will be remembered as a legend who changed strategy, and changed the way the game was played in general.

Ice009
02-15-2015, 08:13 PM
I don't give a shit about the All-star game. I'm glad Tim is in, but apart from that, I'm not that interested in the game. Kawhi's play in the playoffs is all that I'm interested in. He'll be hunting All-stars in the playoffs.

200 miles
02-15-2015, 08:27 PM
I don't give a shit about the All-star game. I'm glad Tim is in, but apart from that, I'm not that interested in the game. Kawhi's play in the playoffs is all that I'm interested in. He'll be hunting All-stars in the playoffs.

http://reactiongif.org/wp-content/uploads/GIF/2014/10/Hell-yeah-GIF.gif

DAF86
02-15-2015, 08:27 PM
1) "Arguably" is why it's laughable. He has never been unquestionably the best player on his team, and hasn't exactly displayed some immense ability to be just that. So considering the context of this entire discussion, to compare what he has meant to his team, to what Dirk has meant to his team, is ridiculous.

2) Being the "best player on the team" doesn't necessarily mean anything. MCW is probably the best player on the 76ers, but that doesn't make him a great player. Granted, that is an extensive hyperbole, but the point is, being the best player on your team, if your team isn't exactly brimming with success, doesn't mean anything. Are the Spurs good? Sure. Do they appear to be a serious championship contender as of right now? Not really, they have some serious flaws (although they could certainly be fixed in time).

So far, nothing has proven that Kawhi should be anything more than a glue guy. And comparing this year to last year, it appears that the team is better with him being a glue guy, as opposed to a leader, considering how much better they were last year, and now that Parker and Manu has taken a step back this year, and more opportunity has arisen for Kawhi to step into their role, but the team in general has had a notable decline in the quality of their play (yes, there have been injuries, but even when healthy, the team clearly does not look as good as they have been the past few years), obviously his ability to be a leader is lacking. So again, going back to the initial discussion at hand, Kawhi was not snubbed at all for the All-Star game. He simply was not deserving as other players have been.

Accolades and career are two different things.

Horry has more accolades than Ron Artest and Juwan Howard. But that certainly does not mean he had a better career as a basketball player. That just meant he was in the right place at the right time more frequently.

Same for Manu and Dirk. Manu may have a few more accolades, but he certainly has not had a better career as a basketball player than Dirk. Manu will always be remembered as a fantastic player with tons of heart. But Dirk will be remembered as a legend who changed strategy, and changed the way the game was played in general.

Funny that you say that 'cause some days ago I read an article about how Manu was one of the pioneers of the way the game is played on this modern era of NBA basketball by attempting a lot of shots at the basket and three pointers with very little mid-range jumpers.

Hoops Czar
02-15-2015, 08:39 PM
Dirk definitely created the stretch 4 position. I remember the Spurs trying to counter by going out and trading for some dude named Bonner. He did alright as a stretch 4 but could never live up to the hype as "mini" Dirk.

cjw
02-15-2015, 09:21 PM

Kawhi might actually play D in the ASG. They can't let that happen

Ice009
02-15-2015, 09:34 PM
Kawhi might actually play D in the ASG. They can't let that happen

That's actually the only thing that would make me interested in the All-star game. If the players went all out and played defense, then, and only then would I truly look forward to watching the game. I'm not sure if that could ever happen though, as I'm not sure teams would even allow their players to play as the risk of injury would probably be higher.

FkLA
02-15-2015, 09:44 PM
Jesus Christ Phillip is a retard.

lol at Pippen,three-peat Kirby and Kawhi being 'glue guys'

Phillip
02-15-2015, 09:55 PM
Jesus Christ Phillip is a retard.

lol at Pippen,three-peat Kirby and Kawhi being 'glue guys'

lol be@ner
lol utsa

FkLA
02-15-2015, 10:02 PM
lol Roddy has Rose's athleticism, Nash's shot & Parker's finishing ability
lol Kawhi is a Shane Battier/Tony Allen type of player
lol Pippen, Kirby, Kawhi are glue guys
lol thinking you can analyze basketball

Phillip
02-15-2015, 10:46 PM

lol mexican
lol cant post anything of relevance so refuses to ever quote me to avoid getting visibly thrashed as usual

FkLA
02-16-2015, 12:22 AM
lol mexican
lol cant post anything of relevance so refuses to ever quote me to avoid getting visibly thrashed as usual

dabom
02-16-2015, 12:25 AM
Dallas poverty team. Lololol

Phillip
02-16-2015, 01:24 AM
:cry :cry :cry

lol mad

FkLA
02-16-2015, 01:40 AM
lol mad

lol long winded, garbage posts

apalisoc_9
02-16-2015, 01:42 AM
lol long winded, garbage posts

Did he really call Kirby and Pippen glue guys?

:lol

wow

Clipper Nation
02-16-2015, 01:48 AM
Horry > Duncan
:lol Comparing a second option to a first option

:lol Comparing a twelfth option to a first option

FkLA
02-16-2015, 01:51 AM

http://d3fsqtc6sy2z27.cloudfront.net/uploads/fdde7f8ea2fbcedda096019d07a929c1_large

Clipper Nation
02-16-2015, 01:55 AM
A Glue Guy doesn’t care about how many points they score or how many minutes they play. All they care about is the team winning and knowing they did everything within their role to contribute to the team’s success (regardless of how large or small that role is).

Every team needs a Glue Guy. Every team needs a player who will make all of the sacrifices necessary to hold the team together. Glue Guys are even more important during the playoffs.

http://www.strongerteam.com/2014/03/03/glue-guy/

:lmao Not caring about stats, valuing winning over individual success, willing to sacrifice, shows up in the playoffs - sounds exactly like Kirby!

Phillip
02-16-2015, 11:23 AM
diaw > lee

http://d3fsqtc6sy2z27.cloudfront.net/uploads/fdde7f8ea2fbcedda096019d07a929c1_large

dabom
02-16-2015, 11:57 AM
This faggot fillip is still in here? He just mad dallas got wrecked last year. :lmao

Chinook
02-16-2015, 12:04 PM
Lol Danny Green is a glue guy. Horry was a glue guy. Leonard is a main cog.

FkLA
02-16-2015, 01:54 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxT10XO2Zfg

:bobo

Phillip
02-16-2015, 11:13 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxT10XO2Zfg

:bobo

:lmao utsa
:lmao diaw > lee
:lmao kill yourself

dabom
02-16-2015, 11:17 PM

1 ring. :lmao

Phillip
02-16-2015, 11:20 PM
1 ring. :lmao

:lmao mexican

dabom
02-16-2015, 11:35 PM

small dick faggot:lmao

minute man :lmao

Phillip
02-16-2015, 11:36 PM
small dick faggot:lmao

minute man :lmao

dabom
02-16-2015, 11:39 PM

premature ejaculation :lmao

Phillip
02-17-2015, 12:01 AM

dabom
02-17-2015, 12:10 AM

Phillip
02-17-2015, 12:21 AM

dabom
02-17-2015, 12:34 AM

FkLA
02-17-2015, 03:48 AM

http://ww2.hdnux.com/photos/32/04/21/6833233/3/622x350.jpg

Phillip
02-17-2015, 09:28 AM

http://ww2.hdnux.com/photos/32/04/21/6833233/3/622x350.jpg

FkLA
02-17-2015, 01:10 PM

:lmao low iq asian

Phillip
02-17-2015, 03:04 PM

FkLA
02-17-2015, 03:48 PM
:lmao mexican engineer

fify

Blake
02-17-2015, 03:50 PM
Cool thread

Phillip
02-17-2015, 03:52 PM
im a stinky engineer of mexican bean farms

FkLA
02-17-2015, 03:53 PM
im a fat, dumb asian with no college degree

apalisoc_9
02-17-2015, 04:11 PM
Man this philip guy has got to be one of the most insecure dudes in this site..reminds of either that geek white guy without a personality or that trying hard asian guy...the most insecure type of people...

Phillip
02-17-2015, 04:37 PM
im a mexican

im a faggot

:lmao faggot

BillMc
02-17-2015, 04:51 PM
Kawhi didn't make the all star game (mainly because he missed so much time) but I think he'll make All Defensive team this year again. Maybe even first team given how his reputation has grown.

dabom
02-17-2015, 06:59 PM
fify

So he does have a little premature ejaculating dick? :lmao

Straight out the boat. :lmao

TheGreatYacht
02-17-2015, 09:42 PM
FkLA is getting clapped :lmao
2 butt buddies come to the rescue :lmao

dabom
02-17-2015, 09:50 PM
FkLA is getting clapped :lmao
2 butt buddies come to the rescue :lmao

joestrafaggot :lmao

DAF86
02-17-2015, 09:57 PM
Wait, stretch still thinks that Diaw > Lee is a laughable homer and retarded take? Has he been watching basket the last couple of seasons? :lol