PDA

View Full Version : Synergy stats now available on NBA.com

SpursFan86
02-12-2015, 05:09 PM
http://stats.nba.com/playtype/#!/

You can now see stats regarding all kinds of situations (offensive post-ups, defensive isolation, etc.). Lots of interesting stuff here. You can sort by several categories, but for those interested in comparing Spurs players, just sort by team so you can see all of the Spurs players listed in one spot. Higher PPP for offensive stats = better, lower PPP for defensive stats = better.

Richie
02-12-2015, 05:15 PM
Tiago and Baynes in the top 15% of players in post ups, averaging 1.04 and 1.03 points per possession each.

Tim Duncan in the 34th percentile averaging only 0.75 ppp. Only players worse to have used more thank 100 post ups are Favors (0.74), Kaman (0.73), Howard (0.72), Faried (0.7) and Drummond (0.67). Of those only Howard has had more post ups.

SpursFan86
02-12-2015, 05:18 PM
I noticed Kawhi's post-up numbers are way down. I remember last year he was one of, if not the, most efficient post-up players in the league. His volume has increased so some drop in efficiency was to be expected, but still. Hopefully he can get some rhythm going and improve in the 2nd half.

FkLA
02-12-2015, 05:25 PM
Tiago and Baynes in the top 15% of players in post ups, averaging 1.04 and 1.03 points per possession each.

Tim Duncan in the 34th percentile averaging only 0.75 ppp. Only players worse to have used more thank 100 post ups are Favors (0.74), Kaman (0.73), Howard (0.72), Faried (0.7) and Drummond (0.67). Of those only Howard has had more post ups.

Not surprising. I love Timmy but he is not a good post player anymore.

Pretty damning for Diaw too who is now middle of the pack (0.82 PPP). Last year he led the entire league in that category at one point IIRC.

I noticed Kawhi's post-up numbers are way down. I remember last year he was one of, if not the, most efficient post-up players in the league. His volume has increased so some drop in efficiency was to be expected, but still. Hopefully he can get some rhythm going and improve in the 2nd half.

Yeah, I was expecting him to be higher. Could be because he's been settling for more fadeaways.

SpursFan86
02-12-2015, 05:28 PM
Also just noticed that there are team stats. Spurs are dead last in transition offense, averaging only .97 PPP.

Wildcat67
02-12-2015, 05:31 PM
Not surprising. I love Timmy but he is not a good post player anymore.

Pretty damning for Diaw too who is now middle of the pack (0.82 PPP). Last year he led the entire league in that category at one point IIRC.

Yeah, I was expecting him to be higher. Could be because he's been settling for more fadeaways.

He's getting double teamed every single time so he actually doesn't even get a shot up most of the time. He just passes it out and usually gets a hockey assist or something.

Richie
02-12-2015, 05:36 PM
Also just noticed that there are team stats. Spurs are dead last in transition offense, averaging only .97 PPP.

This is largely due to Parker being missing and lacking aggression when he has played. We're an average paced team now, we need to get in to early offence more often

FkLA
02-12-2015, 05:40 PM
http://i.imgur.com/na6j4fB.png?1
http://i.imgur.com/xnoTexg.png?2

DrunkTXLabrat
02-12-2015, 05:45 PM
it's all about pick and roll stats.

Brazil
02-12-2015, 05:54 PM
http://i.imgur.com/na6j4fB.png?1
http://i.imgur.com/xnoTexg.png?2

what's your point on this one ? did not check but is that opp FG% at rim ? what is it supposed to show ? that Parker and Beli opponent scores at high rate when they go to the rim on them on 1,2 attempts per game ? meaning their opponent scores 1,6 pts per game on that situation while for instance in Manu's case it's 1,4 pts ?

Cry Havoc
02-12-2015, 05:59 PM
what's your point on this one ? did not check but is that opp FG% at rim ? what is it supposed to show ? that Parker and Beli opponent scores at high rate when they go to the rim on them on 1,2 attempts per game ? meaning their opponent scores 1,6 pts per game on that situation while for instance in Manu's case it's 1,4 pts ?

:lmao I believe it's called "pretending to know about basketball".

Brazil
02-12-2015, 06:14 PM
did not know that they were known to be rim protectors tbh... but yeah for rim protectors that are awful stats, luckily enough both don't patrol the paint and dudes like Kawhi and Tim do the job...

now that would be revolutionary PGs / SGs protecting the paint while bigs chase opponent guards at the 3 pts line...

on a side note:I know Parker and Beli suck on defense but using that particular stat is just showing how hungry some are to find whatever stats to feed the hate :lol

FkLA
02-12-2015, 06:26 PM

I think it speaks volumes about how easy it is for their opponents to drive and finish on them.

Those are only the times when there isn't help. I would assume when the big steps up to contest a shot after Rique/Belli have been beaten off the dribble that that stat would go to the big. Hence the low volume of opp attempts attributed to Rique/Belli. But honestly, I am not familiar with synergy or their layout and that was one of the easier defensive stats to find.

DrunkTXLabrat
02-12-2015, 06:32 PM
check this stat, look at the box score for every champion. find the best player. remember that. http://www.ncaa.com/history/basketball-men/d1

FkLA
02-12-2015, 06:33 PM
:lmao I believe it's called "pretending to know about basketball".

Claims to be done wasting his time but the passive-aggressive shots continue.

The list of feminine behavior just keeps getting bigger. :lol

spurraider21
02-12-2015, 07:12 PM
I think it speaks volumes about how easy it is for their opponents to drive and finish on them.
so easy that they get 1.4 attempts per game?

Brazil
02-12-2015, 08:50 PM

Those are only the times when there isn't help. I would assume when the big steps up to contest a shot after Rique/Belli have been beaten off the dribble that that stat would go to the big. Hence the low volume of opp attempts attributed to Rique/Belli. But honestly, I am not familiar with synergy or their layout and that was one of the easier defensive stats to find.

Thanks to confirm you were not really looking for anything just saw a stuff with parker sucking in and don't even wonder what was about :lmao... A bit pathetic if u ask me

this stat has nothing to do with beaten off the dribble. TP mills and co try to funnel their opponent inside where bigs are waiting for them, objective is that they are precisely not in situation to defend the rim except in transition.

Stat absolutely irrelevant For evaluating mills manu Beli or parker unless u want to show they are doing a good job at Avoiding this situation and thus do what coach is expecting

u are trying a bit too hard tbh

SpursFan86
02-12-2015, 09:01 PM
Can we not turn this into another Parker thread?

FkLA
02-12-2015, 09:26 PM
Can we not turn this into another Parker thread?

Its funny that I made comments about how bad Timmy, Diaw, Leonard, Belli and Enrique have been in different aspects yet the only one with defensive fanboys is Rique. :lol

But yeah sorry bro. I like the content in this thread so I won't clutter it up anymore.

apalisoc_9
02-12-2015, 09:46 PM
Fkla, you post statistical facts all the time only for the rique fanboys to counter that with Big 3 nostalgia "benefit of the doubt" arguments..

I mean a good debate is when both parties provide statistical data..

you're not even debating anymore bro.

Chinook
02-12-2015, 11:31 PM

Last year the Spurs only gave Kawhi the ball when he had an advantage. Now, he posts up even when he has a decent defender on him. It's essentially the difference between taking set shots and taking shots off the dribble.