PDA

View Full Version : Rockets: Rox gonna trade for Dragic?

Killakobe81
02-13-2015, 12:00 PM
I like Dragic. Thought he did well in Houston but with Harden handling the rock so much is he a fit? With PHX within shot of a playoff spot would the NOLA pick (top 3 protected) get it done? Not sure what else the Rox could trade that PHX would want ...

BTW, If we pay Dragic $80 million over 4 years next season ...smh.
I get Cap going up.
We suck, and I like Dragic.

But that is why I have no sympathy for owners. They overpay dudes constantly so now we may have to pay Dragic a borderline all-star franchise money.

Article (http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12320318/houston-rockets-trying-work-trade-phoenix-suns-goran-dragic-sources)

The Houston Rockets are plotting a renewed attempt to try to convince the Phoenix Suns to part with star guard Goran Dragic via trade before Thursday's NBA trade deadline, according to league sources.

Sources said that the Rockets, who let Dragic go in free agency in the summer of 2012 but have him high on their list of free-agent targets this coming summer, are prominent among the teams hoping to engage the Suns in serious discussions about Dragic before the league's annual trade buzzer next week.

djohn2oo8
02-13-2015, 12:02 PM
Made the identical threads at the same time lol. And Rockets need this deal. Beverley cannot start another game at PG.

Killakobe81
02-13-2015, 12:06 PM
Made the identical threads at the same time lol. And Rockets need this deal. Beverley cannot start another game at PG.

LOL I checked to before I made mine. I like dragic but I dont think either deal makes sense. I think Rox should just get a pure shooter PG but I dont know who that would be ...

Beverly helps make up for Harden's sometimesy defense. He has been much better this year but still not a very good one. I guess as long as price is not to high ...why not?

But us paying $80 million, ugggghhh!

djohn2oo8
02-13-2015, 12:13 PM
LOL I checked to before I made mine. I like dragic but I dont think either deal makes sense. I think Rox should just get a pure shooter PG but I dont know who that would be ...

Beverly helps make up for Harden's sometimesy defense. He has been much better this year but still not a very good one. I guess as long as price is not to high ...why not?

The problem with him starting is he looks slower on defense after the meniscus tear. Bev should be used as an energy guy off the bench because he is shooting 38%, isn't suited to be playing so many minutes

Texas_Ranger
02-13-2015, 12:15 PM
good for Dragic if it happens.

Splits
02-13-2015, 12:53 PM

RsxPiimp
02-13-2015, 01:16 PM
$80 mil for Drag is a slight overpay (considering the projected raises in cap) but the thing is the Lakers have to pay any talent since they have basically none right now. Gasol, LMA ain't walking through that door. Drag is an AS caliber guard and he's not a cancer like most PG's tbh. We always talk about not shooting for the biggest stars. This is a pretty good move IMO plus Randle and hopefully a Top 5 pick next season.

Put it this way. I'll feel better having Dragic than Rondo taking next years cap(who Kobe is recruiting heavily the past year SMH)

Killakobe81
02-13-2015, 01:17 PM

If I'm Sun's ask for Nola pick

djohn2oo8
02-13-2015, 01:21 PM

Would gladly give it too.

Killakobe81
02-13-2015, 01:22 PM
$80 mil for Drag is a slight overpay (considering the projected raises in cap) but the thing is the Lakers have to pay any talent since they have basically none right now. Gasol, LMA ain't walking through that door. Drag is an AS caliber guard and he's not a cancer like most PG's tbh. We always talk about not shooting for the biggest stars. This is a pretty good move IMO plus Randle and hopefully a Top 5 pick next season.

Put it this way. I'll feel better having Dragic than Rondo taking next years cap(who Kobe is recruiting heavily the past year SMH)

I agree I would prefer him over Rondo too many ducking chiefs. Mitch should shut up Kobe magic Jeanne and Jim and asset leadership.

Splits
02-13-2015, 01:23 PM

I think it's the only one they have, for this year's draft at least.

Killakobe81
02-13-2015, 01:25 PM

Gotcha but figured Rox would want to send a future one

djohn2oo8
02-13-2015, 01:32 PM

Gotcha but figured Rox would want to send a future one

I believe they have Nuggets and Knicks second round picks they could throw in.

SPM
02-13-2015, 04:33 PM
Don't get the hype about Dragic, dude plays zero defense and isn't nearly as effective off ball which he'll be regulated to as long as Harden is in the game. Yes Beverly isn't ideal as a starting PG for us but I love his D and the dog he has in him.

djohn2oo8
02-13-2015, 04:40 PM
Don't get the hype about Dragic, dude plays zero defense and isn't nearly as effective off ball which he'll be regulated to as long as Harden is in the game. Yes Beverly isn't ideal as a starting PG for us but I love his D and the dog he has in him.

Harden controls the ball because Bev cannot create for himself nor anyone else. Need a starting PG who can score with other good PGs.

sook
02-13-2015, 04:42 PM
Harden controls the ball because Bev cannot create for himself nor anyone else. Need a starting PG who can score with other good PGs.

The dude you quoted is the biggest dumbshit I have ever seen, I think he has aspergers or some neurological problem.

The rockets need a PG ASAP...that is so obvious it doesn't need to be stated.

SPM
02-13-2015, 04:44 PM
I'll buy that but I worry about the pairing defensively more than offensively.

SPM
02-13-2015, 04:44 PM
The dude you quoted is the biggest dumbshit I have ever seen, I think he has aspergers or some neurological problem.

The rockets need a PG ASAP...that is so obvious it doesn't need to be stated.

Mad? :lol

Texas_Ranger
02-13-2015, 04:45 PM

Good luck winning shit with Beverly as the starting PG. :tu

SPM
02-13-2015, 04:47 PM
Good luck winning shit with Beverly as the starting PG. :tu

As if we're gonna win anything with Dragic and brick layer Ariza starting for us.

djohn2oo8
02-13-2015, 04:49 PM
I'll buy that but I worry about the pairing defensively more than offensively.
Harden's defense was bad even with Beverley last year. He benefitted the most because of Ariza addition. They will be fine if they acquire him

djohn2oo8
02-13-2015, 04:51 PM
As if we're gonna win anything with Dragic and brick layer Ariza starting for us.
Besides PG the biggest weakness rosterwise is a backup C.

FkLA
02-13-2015, 04:54 PM
lol offense isn't really Houston's main problem

djohn2oo8
02-13-2015, 04:59 PM
lol offense isn't really Houston's main problem

It's a problem, especially with Dwight out and even with him in the lineup. Rockets' starting PG is averaging 3 assists per game.

sook
02-13-2015, 05:08 PM
It's a problem, especially with Dwight out and even with him in the lineup. Rockets' starting PG is averaging 3 assists per game.

When James has to score 40+ for the rockets to barely beat shitty team...yea :lol

djohn2oo8
02-13-2015, 05:11 PM
When James has to score 40+ for the rockets to barely beat shitty team...yea :lol

Yes, plus McHale playing Terry's corpse 20+ minutes a game at PG instead of playing Canaan.

FkLA
02-13-2015, 05:19 PM
Or McHale could just instill some accountability on the defensive end...

Clipper Nation
02-13-2015, 05:21 PM
Good luck winning shit with Harden as the starting SG and Bible Kemp as the starting C. :tu

fify

djohn2oo8
02-13-2015, 05:27 PM
Or McHale could just instill some accountability on the defensive end...

Without Dwight they have no rim protection. That's a problem, but shooting 40 threes a game is a bigger one. Morey's fault. McHale is just the puppet

m>s
02-13-2015, 06:13 PM
so many be@ners ITT it smells like a carnival

now i want some tacos

The Franchise
02-13-2015, 06:59 PM
To have an actual starting pg would be great. The pressure it would take off Harden would be tremendous.

djohn2oo8
02-14-2015, 11:42 AM
Plus Bev is going to be a RFA, and someone will probably offer him crazy money.

100%duncan
02-14-2015, 11:50 AM
Huge upgrade imho.

cd021
02-14-2015, 03:15 PM
Plus Bev is going to be a RFA, and someone will probably offer him crazy money.

I don't know about that. Very good defender but average play maker and shooter. Kind of our version of Cory Joseph but less efficient.

djohn2oo8
02-14-2015, 04:07 PM
Reading that Phoenix is stonewalling teams who are interested in trading for Dragic, as they prefer to move Isaiah Thomas. But if they move IT, Dragic can still walk for nothing, then their PG depth would be shit.

Xylus
02-14-2015, 04:23 PM
Suns are gonna pay Dragic.

djohn2oo8
02-14-2015, 04:26 PM
They would obviously need to move Thomas. No interest from many teams so far.

Bulaien999
02-14-2015, 05:20 PM

Shouldn't have paid IT if that was the case

DAF86
02-14-2015, 05:40 PM

Calderon.

Kamnik
02-15-2015, 08:56 AM
Is there any other team than Lakers and Rockets that could go for Dragič ? (realistically...)

I HATE Howard... and I HATE the Lakers... :D

Allthough.... Suns are a shithole of a organistaion.
1. You trade a player away.
2. He comes back and take less money than offered elsewhere to play for you.
3. He has a GREAT season with historic stats almost carrying the shit team to the playofs (remember.... Plumlee starting last year). Wins MIP and is in 3rd team NBA.
4. You reward him by signing ballhog Isiah Thomas to steal his minues at 1 and 2 and almost push him to play the 3.

FUCK!

djohn2oo8
02-15-2015, 09:29 AM
Is there any other team than Lakers and Rockets that could go for Dragič ? (realistically...)

I HATE Howard... and I HATE the Lakers... :D

Allthough.... Suns are a shithole of a organistaion.
1. You trade a player away.
2. He comes back and take less money than offered elsewhere to play for you.
3. He has a GREAT season with historic stats almost carrying the shit team to the playofs (remember.... Plumlee starting last year). Wins MIP and is in 3rd team NBA.
4. You reward him by signing ballhog Isiah Thomas to steal his minues at 1 and 2 and almost push him to play the 3.

FUCK!
Lakers have zero reason to trade for Dragic now so they could screw up the tankjob

SPM
02-15-2015, 01:53 PM
Calderon isn't a bad idea, he and Dragic are the same player. Neither plays D abut Calderon is the better shooter from 3 and comes cheaper than that overrated piece of shit Dragic.

Texas_Ranger
02-15-2015, 06:03 PM
Dragic wants to play the point guard, and perhaps he wont say it but he's annoyed by Bleadsoe. I wont even mention that ball hog Thomas. Watching the guy that made the ALL NBA 3rd team play a 2 or a 3 is fucking stupid. I wouldnt say if it worked, but when Dragic plays the 1 Phoenix plays 10X better then when Bleadsoe just attacks the paint all the time and thinks he's Russel Wesbrook while he's not even close to that. I really hope Dragic gets to a team that will play him at his right position.

djohn2oo8
02-16-2015, 08:02 AM
Suns are trying to convince Rockets to take Isaiah Thomas. Do not want.

Killakobe81
02-16-2015, 08:18 AM
Suns are trying to convince Rockets to take Isaiah Thomas.

I have heard that too. Of course, that would make more sense than letting Dragic walk. IT can be OK, but hard to imagine him being more on a contender than a role like JJB had on the 2011 Mavs. But that required exceptional coaching a truly unselfish starting PG, and probably best ball movement since the Celts outside of the Spurs from the last 3 years.

I am very curious at what move(s) rox will make at deadline. I think they are not a contender as currently built but they have been so good despite the injuries all year. Do they risk adding a piece to integrate the last 30 plus games? And with Harden being dball dominant will a PG like IT work? Harden though he takes some crazy step backs is not a ball hog in the traditional sense and is a willing passer, but he likes to control from the top and high wings which is normally the PG's domain. Lebron does the same (except at a higher level) I think though, they make the game easier for their team-mates, not easy for a PG to play with a dynamic wing. Heck not easy for a big either ask Bosh. Harden and Lebron prefer a drive and kick system with shooters to space the floor.

djohn2oo8
02-16-2015, 08:25 AM
I have heard that too. Of course, that would make more sense than letting Dragic walk. IT can be OK, but hard to imagine him being more on a contender than a role like JJB had on the 2011 Mavs. But that required exceptional coaching a truly unselfish starting PG, and probably best ball movement since the Celts outside of the Spurs from the last 3 years.

I am very curious at what move(s) rox will make at deadline. I think they are not a contender as currently built but they have been so good despite the injuries all year. Do they risk adding a piece to integrate the last 30 plus games? And with Harden being dball dominant will a PG like IT work? Harden though he takes some crazy step backs is not a ball hog in the traditional sense and is a willing passer, but he likes to control from the top and high wings which is normally the PG's domain. Lebron does the same (except at a higher level) I think though, they make the game easier for their team-mates, not easy for a PG to play with a dynamic wing. Heck not easy for a big either ask Bosh. Harden and Lebron prefer a drive and kick system with shooters to space the floor.

Rockets as constructed aren't contenders like you say because they have no shot blockers or rim protection without Dwight, it is pretty much a layup drill. On offense, when they need to score down the stretch Beverley can't drive to the rim. I'd like to see them maybe try and get Henson from the Bucks for rim protection. But Isaiah Thomas only averages 3.7 assists and reading the Suns board he appears to be a balhog shoot first kind of PG. Need a guy at PG who can run the offense either with Harden or when Harden sits on the bench.

Killakobe81
02-16-2015, 08:32 AM
Rockets as constructed aren't contenders like you say because they have no shot blockers or rim protection without Dwight, it is pretty much a layup drill. On offense, when they need to score down the stretch Beverley can't drive to the rim. I'd like to see them maybe try and get Henson from the Bucks for rim protection. But Isaiah Thomas only averages 3.7 assists and reading the Suns board he appears to be a balhog shoot first kind of PG. Need a guy at PG who can run the offense either with Harden or when Harden sits on the bench.

Right, someone mentioned Calderon he can do that but his defense sucks. Knicks having a fire-sale might be a better get. he also is nails on the FT line too. I will say it was encouraging watching Harden play defense in the ASG. didnt watch all 48 I watched first half and last 6 minutes. But in teh last 6 he was contesting and containing his man.

I know it's popular to hate on dudes who try in the ASG but I like watching the last 5 minutes and seeing who gives a shit. Say what you will about Bron but he plays those games to show who is the best and to win. Harden looked like that last night too ...

Kamnik
02-16-2015, 10:38 AM
Dragic wants to play the point guard, and perhaps he wont say it but he's annoyed by Bleadsoe. I wont even mention that ball hog Thomas. Watching the guy that made the ALL NBA 3rd team play a 2 or a 3 is fucking stupid. I wouldnt say if it worked, but when Dragic plays the 1 Phoenix plays 10X better then when Bleadsoe just attacks the paint all the time and thinks he's Russel Wesbrook while he's not even close to that. I really hope Dragic gets to a team that will play him at his right position.

Word!

Kamnik
02-16-2015, 10:39 AM
I do not believe any team will be interested in Thomas... expect if they give back another bad contract. IT puts up empty stats. (see: Kevin Love)

Thread
02-16-2015, 10:44 AM
^Kammy, jackhammering post(s) in here.

Mori Chu
02-16-2015, 11:38 AM
Suns need to get rid of Isaiah Thomas post-haste. He's fool's gold and he hurts their team. Dragic must be kept at any cost.

djohn2oo8
02-16-2015, 11:44 AM
Suns need to get rid of Isaiah Thomas post-haste. He's fool's gold and he hurts their team. Dragic must be kept at any cost.

Who has interest in Thomas?

Kamnik
02-16-2015, 01:30 PM
IT is hardcore statpadder... he cares more about his scoring than actually winning... you can see it every game.

There will be no serious buyers.

djohn2oo8
02-16-2015, 03:55 PM

Mugen
02-16-2015, 03:56 PM
No idea why they paid midget ass Isiah Thomas in the 1st place tbh.

djohn2oo8
02-16-2015, 04:45 PM

Brought this situation on themselves

SPM
02-16-2015, 04:52 PM
Dragic wants to stay and Phoenix wants him to stay. Dude is going nowhere

djohn2oo8
02-16-2015, 04:57 PM
Dragic wants to stay and Phoenix wants him to stay. Dude is going nowhere

He wants to stay only if there isn't a PG logjam.

djohn2oo8
02-16-2015, 05:03 PM

Malik Hairston
02-16-2015, 06:03 PM
Suns are just a terribly built team from a personnel standpoint, tbh..virtually all of their moderate to high-usage players are ballhogs, and their coach doesn't seem to have a system, too..

Not sure how Harden and Dragic would fit together, though, especially with an unimaginative coach..

djohn2oo8
02-16-2015, 06:07 PM
Suns are just a terribly built team from a personnel standpoint, tbh..virtually all of their moderate to high-usage players are ballhogs, and their coach doesn't seem to have a system, too..

Not sure how Harden and Dragic would fit together, though, especially with an unimaginative coach..
I think it would work well. Beverley's inability to pass is a glaring problem. And he can't shoot.

Thread
02-16-2015, 06:14 PM

& Horny has already been close to fists with Markieff Morris. They swept that under the rug with nary a problem, but, it happened. Then 24 hours after that Horny instituted a policy on technical fouls:::get 1 and you sit the remainder of the game. Well, Morris immediately got one the next game, he sat him and lost the game mostly because he sat for over a half. McDonough & Babby supported Horny's policy, but, it was 1/2 assed support and 48 hours later it was quietly put to rest.

They don't like Bledsoe here. He does not belong here. But, he conned them into giving him that $70 million in the secure knowledge that he'll shit where he eats and they'll have nary other choice than to deal him. His on court behavior is abysmal. Rolling his eyes, belittling his mates, turning his back on Horny, reminds one of Kob,,,Bob Lanier back years ago.

I'll tell you though, it's nice knowing they ain't gonna win with this crew. There is absolutely no risk. I can hold my head up high confident I'm safe.

Thread
02-17-2015, 12:19 PM
There has been some talk (on the radio) that the Lakers would be willing to lift that governor on that #1 for Dragic.

djohn2oo8
02-17-2015, 12:40 PM
There has been some talk (on the radio) that the Lakers would be willing to lift that governor on that #1 for Dragic.

Also, Suns want to trade Dragic for Cousins ....Cousins isn't even on the trade block and they are being out of this world delusional.

djohn2oo8
02-17-2015, 12:59 PM
Phoenix with some.terrible posturing.

SPM
02-17-2015, 01:07 PM
Not sure it's really posturing brother.

Killakobe81
02-17-2015, 01:09 PM

That would be dumb. Hope not.

djohn2oo8
02-17-2015, 01:10 PM
Not sure it's really posturing brother.

It is. Suns are the ones leaking that Cousins is available. He isn't. Trying to drive the price up on Dragic.

SpursFan86
02-17-2015, 01:24 PM
Woj tweeted that Phoenix is more likely to move IT and/or Gerald Green rather than Dragic.

djohn2oo8
02-17-2015, 01:31 PM
Woj tweeted that Phoenix is more likely to move IT and/or Gerald Green rather than Dragic.

That's trying to drive up the price on Dragic.

Thread
02-17-2015, 02:43 PM
It is. Suns are the ones leaking that Cousins is available. He isn't. Trying to drive the price up on Dragic.

& Dragic is in on it. Friday morning, bright & early they'll laugh & guffaw about how "they" never had any intention of trading him and have absolutely no idea where that information came from. The radio guys will make fun of "us" and then spend the entire day serving up platitudes about Dragic and how he is universally loved and most of all RESPECTED by the team, organization, fans, community here and abroad and that it is a good thing that this happened because it shows us how important he is to the team, organization, fans, community here and abroad.

Killakobe81
02-17-2015, 04:13 PM
& Dragic is in on it. Friday morning, bright & early they'll laugh & guffaw about how "they" never had any intention of trading him and have absolutely no idea where that information came from. The radio guys will make fun of "us" and then spend the entire day serving up platitudes about Dragic and how he is universally loved and most of all RESPECTED by the team, organization, fans, community here and abroad and that it is a good thing that this happened because it shows us how important he is to the team, organization, fans, community here and abroad.

THREAD good to see you back on the regular. I hope they do us the favor of signing him to a max. At the very least we drove his price up ... I think Dragic though not old and a fine player ... doesnt fit with a rebuild and that is the route I hope we take. No quick fixes are out there. We hitched our ride to homerun or bust and Kobe. both have not worked well the past two off seasons so let's move forward. with Plan C.

Screw the segment of our fans that dont have the patience for a rebuild.