PDA

View Full Version : Heat: Bosh on difference between Heat and Cavs: 'People wanted us to fail'

spursparker9
02-14-2015, 07:41 PM
http://sports.cbsimg.net/images/visual/whatshot/021415_boshy.jpg

NEW YORK -- Chris Bosh said Saturday that his 2010 experience with the Miami Heat traveling circus was different than what Cleveland Cavaliers LeBron James, Kevin Love and Kyrie Irving are going through now.

"Ours was worse," Bosh said. "Way worse. I don't know, I'm not in the [Cavs] locker room, but we were under the microscope a little bit more. And it was a little bit more of a thing. And people wanted us to fail a little more. A lot more."

Bosh can empathize with what's happening in Cleveland, particularly with respect to what Kevin Love has gone through with a reduced role -- he's talked about this on multiple occasions before, and he said it took him a whole season to get accustomed to his new situation. Fortunately for him, Miami got all the way to the NBA Finals while the three superstars were still figuring things out.

"In that first year we thought we were at a comfort level, but then after the next time when we finally got it, it was like, 'OK, this is how it's supposed to be, this is how I can play, this is what they need from me.'"

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/25069114/bosh-on-difference-between-heat-and-cavs-people-wanted-us-to-fail

FlAVaK
02-16-2015, 03:19 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B97xq61CEAE8sSG.jpg

100%duncan
02-16-2015, 03:36 AM
That's because everyone knows the Cavs will fail anyway.

Thebesteva
02-16-2015, 03:40 AM
That's because everyone knows the Cavs will fail anyway.

I dunno man, the NBA does everything for LeBronze and if he loses again this year it puts him out of the equation of even Magic Johnson level legacy. But LeBeta is such a failure on the court without an enormous amount of help, I just dont know if they can pull it off.

Thread
02-16-2015, 10:20 AM
& that is the way Media steered "us" in each instance.

D-Wade
02-16-2015, 11:02 AM
Bosh is right, but there's a reason for that. When the collusion first happened, the Heat trio (well Bron and Wade really) was way more talented and accomplished. In a way, Kyrie and Love are underdogs.

Not to mention the Cavs organization, and the city of Cleveland itself, is an underdog too.

Spurs 4 The Win
02-16-2015, 11:18 AM
Who is rooting for Celveland?

Chinook
02-16-2015, 12:00 PM
Also Love didn't really collude with the othes. The Cavs traded for him fair and square. Plus the East is stronger now than it was back then.

Clipper Nation
02-16-2015, 12:06 PM
I dunno man, the NBA does everything for LeBronze and if he loses again this year it puts him out of the equation of even Magic Johnson level legacy. But LeBeta is such a failure on the court without an enormous amount of help, I just dont know if they can pull it off.
Horrible take. LeBron has never had any help.

DMC
02-16-2015, 12:41 PM
As much as everyone seems to rail against the dude, people seem willing to play with Lebron. People in the league seem to like him. I have mixed feelings about him, but overall he's not nearly the douchebag that Kobe is, and yet he could have been since he's head and shoulders better than Bryant ever was. By "better" I don't mean a better shooter. He's better all around than Kobe, but only because Kobe never wanted anything but individual glory. He was dragged kicking and screaming to 5 by others who were capable.

Chinook
02-16-2015, 12:53 PM
As much as everyone seems to rail against the dude, people seem willing to play with Lebron. People in the league seem to like him. I have mixed feelings about him, but overall he's not nearly the douchebag that Kobe is, and yet he could have been since he's head and shoulders better than Bryant ever was. By "better" I don't mean a better shooter. He's better all around than Kobe, but only because Kobe never wanted anything but individual glory. He was dragged kicking and screaming to 5 by others who were capable.

Sure you intended to have a point, but I really like the change half-way through to just bashing Kobe. Great decision on the fly.

Thread
02-16-2015, 01:00 PM
Who is rooting for Celveland?

I am. I like that Gilbert got another chance. That rarely happens after what went down twixt the two. & I can tolerate James.

DMC
02-16-2015, 01:12 PM
Sure you intended to have a point, but I really like the change half-way through to just bashing Kobe. Great decision on the fly.
No, that pretty much was my point.

Clipper Nation
02-16-2015, 01:13 PM
I am. I like that Gilbert got another chance. That rarely happens after what went down twixt the two. & I can tolerate James.
Dale hoppin' back on that bandwagon like a true chickenshit. Christ!

Spurs 4 The Win
02-16-2015, 01:17 PM

lol, fagg:lolt

hater
02-16-2015, 01:21 PM
Leroids jumped on Wade's back and was in for the ride. that's why ppl wanted him to fail.

this year Leroid will have to be the ONE to get them to the promised land. you know damn well Love or Kylie won't bail him out.

Thread
02-16-2015, 01:47 PM
Dale hoppin' back on that bandwagon like a true chickenshit. Christ!

You asshole, you. Got nothing to do with the bandwagon. But, to explain it to a peanut-for-a-brain like you would be impossible.

Thread
02-16-2015, 01:48 PM
this year Leroid will have to be the ONE to get them to the promised land. you know damn well Love or Kylie won't bail him out.

Nor Amy for that matter.

tee, hee.

hater
02-16-2015, 01:52 PM
Nor Amy for that matter.

tee, hee.

:lol

Malik Hairston
02-16-2015, 02:32 PM
:lol everybody knows why the Heat were vilified, and the Cavs are currently celebrated..it hasn't been mentioned in this thread, but virtually every White man in America knows the reason..

lefty
02-16-2015, 02:34 PM
:lol everybody knows why the Heat were vilified, and the Cavs are currently celebrated..it hasn't been mentioned in this thread, but virtually every White man in America knows the reason..
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-3wn8h1_Xv5I/UYo2GFnZuYI/AAAAAAAALs0/Asmb87Y3Y-0/s1600/jericho-missile.gif

spurraider21
02-16-2015, 02:39 PM
:cry everybody knows why the Heat were vilified, and the Cavs are currently celebrated..it hasn't been mentioned in this thread, but virtually every White man in America knows the reason..
1/10

Clipper Nation
02-16-2015, 02:49 PM
You asshole, you. Got nothing to do with the bandwagon. But, to explain it to a peanut-for-a-brain like you would be impossible.
When the shit sandwich was on the menu, you ducked out of Cleveland fandom as if it was the Chuckbox, with nary a bite taken. Now that it's easy to root for the Cavs, you're back. It's chickenshit.

Malik Hairston
02-16-2015, 02:52 PM
1/10

You would have to be extremely naive to think otherwise:lol..

spurraider21
02-16-2015, 02:55 PM
You would have to be extremely naive to think otherwise:cry..
i know you're still hanging on to this stupid shtick, but i'll bite

people hated lebron's move to miami largely because of:

a) the decision broadcast
b) it was widely considered to be collusion
c) not 2, not 3, not 4...

Perry Mason
02-16-2015, 03:36 PM

Because there are no black people on the Cavs...? Or the Heat had no white people (like Mike Miller, a coon if I ever saw one)?

Malik Hairston
02-16-2015, 03:42 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2014/story/_/page/mindoffan/how-fans-see-lebron-james

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/70784/mind-of-the-fan-lebrons-homecoming

Mugen
02-16-2015, 03:43 PM
Harlem's LeCoon schtick is actually pretty funny. Not as overdone as the TP schtick tbh.

Malik Hairston
02-16-2015, 03:45 PM
Harlem's LeCoon schtick is actually pretty funny. Not as overdone as the TP schtick tbh.

I wish the Tony Parker "shtick" was just a shtick:lol..he's fucking embarrassing..

spurraider21
02-16-2015, 03:58 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2014/story/_/page/mindoffan/how-fans-see-lebron-james

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/70784/mind-of-the-fan-lebrons-homecoming
Lol same author both times. Guy has an agenda

Thread
02-16-2015, 04:06 PM
When the shit sandwich was on the menu, you ducked out of Cleveland fandom as if it was the Chuckbox, with nary a bite taken. Now that it's easy to root for the Cavs, you're back. It's chickenshit.

Keep it up, motherfucker, and I will go right back into the Reading Room and I will shut the Venetian blinds on the door.

Chomag
02-16-2015, 04:10 PM

I don't think he is a strait up malicious douch. I do think he is overatted ( and yes I do feel he is very overrated but that's for another thread) by people and the media and he has let the go to his head. One of his biggest weakness he has is his maturity level, I don't think he is capable of handling the pressure of being a big name, so he comes off as spoiled and like a attention whore. That being said however I do believe he is a great and fun guy to be around.

CitizenDwayne
02-16-2015, 04:17 PM
- There are still plenty of people that hate LeDouche. It's primarily the national media that tries to force this "Everyone loves Cleveland!" agenda

- It has nothing to do with fucking race; it's the fact that people see Lebron returning to Cleveland as some kind of evidence of maturation, when it is exactly the opposite. Staying in Miami and trying to bounce back from the Finals loss and the imminent decline of Wade would have taken hard work, whereas returning to Cleveland (where he will be beloved regardless of how many titles he brings them) and making another 'big 3' was an easy way out.

Thebesteva
02-16-2015, 05:09 PM
Horrible take. LeBron has never had any help.

:lol obviously troll is obvious

Malik Hairston
02-16-2015, 05:25 PM
Lol same author both times. Guy has an agenda

He's just reporting what people are afraid to investigate, tbh..

:lol agenda..

Clipper Nation
02-16-2015, 05:26 PM
:lol obviously troll is obvious

Cavs without LeBron = historically bad.
Heat without LeBron = a fluky season from Hassan Whiteside is the only thing keeping them out of lottery status in the trash East, despite "superstars" Bosh and Wade still being on the team.

He's had soooo much help, though :cry

Malik Hairston
02-16-2015, 05:58 PM
Heat without LeBron = a fluky season from Hassan Whiteside is the only thing keeping them out of lottery status in the trash East, despite "superstars" Bosh and Wade still being on the team.

Ya, I hate LeCoon, but it's insane how much his former teams have fallen off once he departed:lol..

The 1994 Bulls were a game away from the fucking Conference Finals without Dad Killer, although it was in the weakest era of basketball in NBA history..

Thebesteva
02-16-2015, 06:02 PM
Ya, I hate LeCoon, but it's insane how much his former teams have fallen off once he departed:lol..

The 1994 Bulls were a game away from the fucking Conference Finals without Dad Killer, although it was in the weakest era of basketball in NBA history..

Has a lot to do with Phil Jackson tbh. You can't give Pippen that much credit for that. However, the reason why the Cavs fell off is because they sucked ass anyway. The reason why Miami fell off is because Lebron abandoned the team once Wade's knee continued to regenerate.

It's very hard to have your team leader leave, very few if any teams ever recover.

Malik Hairston
02-16-2015, 06:13 PM
Has a lot to do with Phil Jackson tbh. You can't give Pippen that much credit for that. However, the reason why the Cavs fell off is because they sucked ass anyway. The reason why Miami fell off is because Lebron abandoned the team once Wade's knee continued to regenerate.

It's very hard to have your team leader leave, very few if any teams ever recover.

Speaking from a basketball standpoint and putting trolling aside, Lebron's teams suffer when he departs because of the way they're built, tbh..he's very ball-dominant, and it's extremely difficult to build a team around him IMO, so it's natural that they decline immensely once he's gone..

And I agree about Phil..people are naive if they think that Jordan, one of the shittiest teammates and human beings in sports history, would be able to lead a team full of players that hated him, without Phil Jackson leading the way:lol..the man won with Kobe and Shaq hating each other and made it to the Finals the same season that Kobe snitched to the fucking feds..

Thread
02-16-2015, 06:38 PM
& Gilbert has played it appropriately. He didn't disgrace himself with endless self dressing down & apology. He got back on his fuckin' horse and started ridin' & workin', ropin' & stringin', doggies & wire, barbed type. And Media let him be, that was a help, a Godsend. & yet he finds himself in some discomfort, Media startin' to sniff and triggers a trade and brings in that ner'do well Smith and by God if it doesn't work out. A watershed moment if there ever was one. Usually that kind of trade in that kind of atmosphere around a disaster like Smith ends up ass over teacup. Not this time. Uh, uh. Not by a jugful.

Infinite_limit
02-16-2015, 07:09 PM

Heat added Luol Deng

1994 Bulls added: Kerr, Kukoc, Wennington and Longley. Essentially the bench of the next 3-peat

DMC
02-16-2015, 10:54 PM
& Gilbert has played it appropriately. He didn't disgrace himself with endless self dressing down & apology. He got back on his fuckin' horse and started ridin' & workin', ropin' & stringin', doggies & wire, barbed type. And Media let him be, that was a help, a Godsend. & yet he finds himself in some discomfort, Media startin' to sniff and triggers a trade and brings in that ner'do well Smith and by God if it doesn't work out. A watershed moment if there ever was one. Usually that kind of trade in that kind of atmosphere around a disaster like Smith ends up ass over teacup. Not this time. Uh, uh. Not by a jugful.
Goddamn you're senile.

Thebesteva
02-17-2015, 12:39 AM
Speaking from a basketball standpoint and putting trolling aside, Lebron's teams suffer when he departs because of the way they're built, tbh..he's very ball-dominant, and it's extremely difficult to build a team around him IMO, so it's natural that they decline immensely once he's gone..

And I agree about Phil..people are naive if they think that Jordan, one of the shittiest teammates and human beings in sports history, would be able to lead a team full of players that hated him, without Phil Jackson leading the way:lol..the man won with Kobe and Shaq hating each other and made it to the Finals the same season that Kobe snitched to the fucking feds..

There's no denying what a beast LBJ is. All BS aside, if he had Phil Jackson as a HC that guy would be on ring #5 right now easily. One of the problems is though that he doesnt stay in 1 damn spot very long.

But yeah, I always crack up at the old saying,"MJ carried Phil to 6 titles." :lmao That's like saying Brady carried Bellicheck to superbowl victories. Don't get me wrong, Phil always had an EPIC legendary roster in his teams, but thats the funny part, most coaches crumble when they have 3-4 superstars who want the same damn ball. Phil had a system, knew how to put these niggas in their place psychologically.

Its not a coincedence MJ and Kobe have been absolute monkey shit without Phil in their careers

Pelicans78
02-17-2015, 08:27 AM

Wade was a lot better during the Heat's first title run. Now he's never healthy. Lebron did basically win it on his own for his second title since Bosh and Wade were useless. Lebron arguably had more help when he lost to the Mavs when RC exposed his weaknesses offensively by implementing the zone.

Pelicans78
02-17-2015, 08:30 AM
There's no denying what a beast LBJ is. All BS aside, if he had Phil Jackson as a HC that guy would be on ring #5 right now easily. One of the problems is though that he doesnt stay in 1 damn spot very long.

But yeah, I always crack up at the old saying,"MJ carried Phil to 6 titles." :lmao That's like saying Brady carried Bellicheck to superbowl victories. Don't get me wrong, Phil always had an EPIC legendary roster in his teams, but thats the funny part, most coaches crumble when they have 3-4 superstars who want the same damn ball. Phil had a system, knew how to put these niggas in their place psychologically.

Its not a coincedence MJ and Kobe have been absolute monkey shit without Phil in their careers

Phil's job was easier in Chicago. Jordan was the only guy who truly demanded the ball. All the other guys outside of maybe Pippen were really complimentary players but Pippen wasn't even close to MJ's level scoring wise.

100%duncan
02-17-2015, 08:41 AM
To say Lebron didn't have any help is stupid and on a cock-sucking level. He had a great defensive team, a top 5 big man in Bosh and a top 5 sg in Wade. Of course he had helped. Now, no one can deny that the Heat is shit this season but that only says that Lebron is truly a once in a lifetime kind of talent.

It's like saying Duncan didn't have any help, remove him from the Spurs and we get beaten in the 1st round.

Clipper Nation
02-17-2015, 08:47 AM
It's true, though. LeBron has never had an MVPippen, MVPau or prime Shaq to carry him. The closest thing he had to that was Wade and Bosh on paper, yet on the court, they were exposed and completely dependent on LeBron switching into "Cleveland Mode" in order to win anything. The teams he had during his first stint with the Cavs were garbage and this year's team isn't much better.

Remember how bad the 2003 Spurs would have been without Duncan? That's what LeBron's been dealing with his whole career.

100%duncan
02-17-2015, 08:52 AM
It's true, though. LeBron has never had an MVPippen, MVPau or prime Shaq to carry him. The closest thing he had to that was Wade and Bosh on paper, yet on the court, they were exposed and completely dependent on LeBron switching into "Cleveland Mode" in order to win anything. The teams he had during his first stint with the Cavs were garbage and this year's team isn't much better.

Remember how bad the 2003 Spurs would have been without Duncan? That's what LeBron's been dealing with his whole career.

Yah didn't state otherwise. I know it's your schtick but cmon he has had helped in Miami :lol

Just proves that Lebron is a top 10 GOAT material. Once in a lifetime talent, seriosuly.

endrity
02-17-2015, 09:47 AM

He seems a bit of a douche to me as well, but also seems to be a really good teammate. He seems to care for other guys on his team, and also seems to create a fun atmosphere whereve he plays. Kobe is arguably even beyond Jordan-level jerk to his teammates. No one ever seems to really enjoy playing on his team, though I am sure there are exceptions. But by and large the Lakers under Kobe always seemed business-like and never like guys who were enjoying the time of their life while playing in the NBA.

endrity
02-17-2015, 09:50 AM
In the 2011 Finals you could argue Wade was even a better player than LeBron, so yeah he had help in Miami. Clearly Wade declined afterwards but he was still giving you 20 a night during the playoffs. And if anything I think Bosh got better and better as the years went by, he really learned how to fit in that team because early on he was often lost.

unleashbaynes
02-17-2015, 10:15 AM

I finally get Phil's coaching style after reading an article about this American golfer named Patrick Reed. Kind of a long story but cliff notes:

-Reed thinks that he's the best golfer ever, better than Tiger, and isn't afraid to tell people
-Huge douche, full of himself, egotistical, even sociopathic. And one of the best players in the country coming out of high school. Remind you of anyone?
-Goes to play at Georgia. Parties hard. Accused of thieving from team locker room. Everyone hates the kid despite him being one of the better players on the team as a freshman
-Kicked off team. Coach at Augusta State convinces him that smaller school will be better for him.
-Immediately best player at Augusta State. Still full of self.
-Everyone at Augusta State hates him too. They grow tired of his boasting. They get so tired of it that they want to beat the shit out of him. So they practice hard as shit every day. Inter-team match play becomes more intense and pressurized than their actual matches in tournaments against other players from other schools.
-They begin going deep in the national title tournament in 2010, and beat an Oklahoma State team full of future pros to win the national title
-Same thing the next year, except they beat Georgia, the team that kicked him off. Also has a lot of future pros. Before Patrick's final match, they told the guy he was going against that "we wanna win the title, but we hope you beat the shit out of Patrick Reed". Think about that. He's the best player on the team, they're playing for a title, and his teammates are rooting against him.
-Dude goes on to just dismantle his opponent. Wins it in something like 11 holes.

That coach pulled a fucking Phil. That's how Phil got those teams to perform. Make everyone hate the best player so much that they unwittingly compete harder.

Article: http://deadspin.com/how-patrick-reed-became-golfs-latest-villian-1682766305

hater
02-17-2015, 10:19 AM
To say Lebron didn't have any help is stupid and on a cock-sucking level.

:lmao my nigga laying haymakers on the short bus crew :lol

He had a great defensive team, a top 5 big man in Bosh and a top 5 sg in Wade. Of course he had helped. Now, no one can deny that the Heat is shit this season but that only says that Lebron is truly a once in a lifetime kind of talent.

It's like saying Duncan didn't have any help, remove him from the Spurs and we get beaten in the 1st round.

don't forget getting bailed out by the greatest shooter to ever don basketball shoes IMO

Wade carried Lebron over his 1st ship and Bosh and Allen bailed him out on #2

Thread
02-17-2015, 10:21 AM
Wade carried Lebron over his 1st ship and Bosh and Allen bailed him out on #2

...Without Amy there'd be no #2PERIOD

100%duncan
02-17-2015, 10:40 AM
...Without Amy there'd be no #2PERIOD

Without Shaq and Pau you wouldn't be here

Clipper Nation
02-17-2015, 11:06 AM
I finally get Phil's coaching style after reading an article about this American golfer named Patrick Reed. Kind of a long story but cliff notes:

-Reed thinks that he's the best golfer ever, better than Tiger, and isn't afraid to tell people
-Huge douche, full of himself, egotistical, even sociopathic. And one of the best players in the country coming out of high school. Remind you of anyone?
-Goes to play at Georgia. Parties hard. Accused of thieving from team locker room. Everyone hates the kid despite him being one of the better players on the team as a freshman
-Kicked off team. Coach at Augusta State convinces him that smaller school will be better for him.
-Immediately best player at Augusta State. Still full of self.
-Everyone at Augusta State hates him too. They grow tired of his boasting. They get so tired of it that they want to beat the shit out of him. So they practice hard as shit every day. Inter-team match play becomes more intense and pressurized than their actual matches in tournaments against other players from other schools.
-They begin going deep in the national title tournament in 2010, and beat an Oklahoma State team full of future pros to win the national title
-Same thing the next year, except they beat Georgia, the team that kicked him off. Also has a lot of future pros. Before Patrick's final match, they told the guy he was going against that "we wanna win the title, but we hope you beat the shit out of Patrick Reed". Think about that. He's the best player on the team, they're playing for a title, and his teammates are rooting against him.
-Dude goes on to just dismantle his opponent. Wins it in something like 11 holes.

That coach pulled a fucking Phil. That's how Phil got those teams to perform. Make everyone hate the best player so much that they unwittingly compete harder.

Article: http://deadspin.com/how-patrick-reed-became-golfs-latest-villian-1682766305
The problem with that theory is that the few years where Kirby has been the best player on his team have been lottery years or first-round exits.