PDA

View Full Version : T-Wolves: Wiggins ‘almost fainted’ when he saw what LaVine has ready for Dunk contest

spursparker9
02-14-2015, 07:47 PM
NEW YORK – The Slam Dunk Contest that caps off the Saturday night slate of events at All-Star weekend has lost some of its luster in recent years, but Zach LaVine is planning to change all that.

Sharing the postgame podium with his Timberwolves teammate Andrew Wiggins following Friday night’s Rising Stars Challenge, LaVine promised that he has something special in store for his dunk contest performance.

“I have something I’ll give you,” LaVine said. “Hopefully I can bring that attendance and viewing back up. I’m going to go out there and try to put a show on. We’re entertainers, so that’s what I’m going to try to do.”

Wiggins, flashing his customarily charismatic smile, seemed eager to confirm LaVine’s statement.

“You guys are in for a surprise,” he said. “Trust me. It’s going to be crazy.”

When pressed for details or perhaps a little hint at what’s in store, Wiggins became even more excited.

“I can’t say nothing,” he said. “Just know — I almost fainted. I’ve never seen a dunk like that. I’ve never witnessed it live before in my life. Just know.”

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/02/14/andrew-wiggins-says-he-almost-fainted-when-he-saw-what-zach-lavine-has-ready-for-dunk-contest/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

lefty
02-14-2015, 07:59 PM
What a pussy

Clipper Nation
02-14-2015, 08:01 PM
It's either gonna be some YouTube ripoff that he can't even do in the time allotted or yet another lame gimmick dunk with props and/or guest players.

StrengthAndHonor
02-15-2015, 09:33 AM
It's either gonna be some YouTube ripoff that he can't even do in the time allotted or yet another lame gimmick dunk with props and/or guest players.
:lmao

DMC
02-15-2015, 11:03 AM
Problem with the dunk contest is two fold:

1. Shitty unknown players dunking the ball. Who cares what some bottom seeded bench guy does?
2. Crackhead monkeys on mics and on the sidelines jumping around regardless of the dunks like they just saw Charlton Heston land.

RsxPiimp
02-15-2015, 11:05 AM
2. Crackhead monkeys on mics and on the sidelines jumping around regardless of the dunks like they just saw Charlton Heston land.

JohnnyMax
02-15-2015, 11:41 AM
https://cdn1.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/cWW5tuAg0U1djluwPOMdAFuKdnc=/1000x0/filters:no_upscale()/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/3411396/dunk2react.0.gif

Clipper Nation
02-15-2015, 11:49 AM

Gotta give him props, he actually lived up to the hype and brought the goods. :tu