PDA

View Full Version : Amateur: Tired of being force fed Hip Hop with NBA pregame shows

mavsfan1000
02-15-2015, 07:40 PM
Thank God for DVR. Fuck this Hip Hop shit. Basketball is not hip hop.

JohnnyMax
02-15-2015, 07:44 PM
Sunday, Feb. 15

All times Eastern (ET)

• 1 p.m. | NBA Legends Brunch
• 2:30 p.m. | NBA D-League All-Star Game presented by Kumho Tire | NBA TV
> Boost Mobile NBA D-League Slam Dunk Contest at halftime
• 5 p.m. | NBA GameTime | NBA TV
• 6 p.m. | Sprint Pregame Concert | NBA TV
• 7 p.m. | NBA Tip-Off | TNT
• 8:30 p.m. | NBA All-Star Game | TNT
• 11:30 p.m. | Inside the NBA presented by Kia | NBA TV

Ice009
02-15-2015, 08:02 PM
Yeah, I'm not into Hip Hop or anything similar at all.

Clipper Nation
02-15-2015, 08:42 PM
Would you prefer the washed-up MOR dad-rockers or lame mainstream pop singers that the NFL forces down our throats? Because that's the alternative.

mavsfan1000
02-15-2015, 09:02 PM
Would you prefer the washed-up MOR dad-rockers or lame mainstream pop singers that the NFL forces down our throats? Because that's the alternative.
How about Alternative Rock?

~O~
02-15-2015, 09:11 PM
Jay-Z owns the Arena thus.....owns a record label thus....causing a train-wreck of affiliation with mainstream artists.

Most of all, basketball is dominated by....???????????? Just don't listen to it.

I'd prefer a rock artist or a folk singer or even a Joe Hisaishi before hip hop.

Infinite_limit
02-15-2015, 09:18 PM
Refreshing that there are other NBA fans out there that are not Wiggers

Ice009
02-15-2015, 09:39 PM

Yeah, I wouldn't like that either.

Infinite_limit
02-15-2015, 09:41 PM
I remember TNT a few nights ago during the final 1st Half telecast playing music in the background [think Jay-Z] with "nigga this, nigga that". I was shocked

Koolaid_Man
02-15-2015, 09:42 PM
Yeah, I wouldn't like that either.

Dont give a muthafuck what you like bitch

Kool Bob Love
02-15-2015, 09:47 PM
Dont give a muthafuck what you like bitch

You have no chill...:lol

Kool Bob Love
02-15-2015, 09:47 PM

How you feel about the halftime show 1000?

Infinite_limit
02-15-2015, 09:49 PM
How you feel about the halftime show 1000?
Who is paying for Grande to work with popular Techno artists?

sook
02-15-2015, 09:52 PM
its terrible, I agree.

Get a true musician like Reznor to show these 2 bit hacks up.

Thread
02-15-2015, 09:57 PM
Well, anybody who would sit down & watch this shit ought to be beat with a fuckin' stick.

And while I am over 60 nonetheless I'll volunteer to use that fuckin' stick.

lefty
02-15-2015, 09:59 PM
Who is paying for Grande to work with popular Techno artists?
good question, Martin

HI-FI
02-15-2015, 10:00 PM
Well, anybody who would sit down & watch this shit ought to be beat with a fuckin' stick.

Bend over, i'll show you a fuckin' stick.

Buddy Mignon
02-15-2015, 10:01 PM
Let me get this straight. You honkies like deep fried chicken. Ya like sweet potato pie. Ya like malt liquor. Ya like watching niggas chase balls. Ya like watching ya wife get dick'd down by long cock niggas. But... you dont like hip hop?:wow

Thread
02-15-2015, 10:02 PM
Bend over, i'll show you a fuckin' stick.

Don't give me that shit. I'm still smarting over your repudiation of my admiration for Billy Zane in "Titanic." I watched it today with that fuckin' cloud hangin' over the 4 hour proceeding on AMC.

MI21
02-15-2015, 10:02 PM
:cry :cry :cry

Kool Bob Love
02-15-2015, 10:08 PM

You don't want these problems..

InRareForm
02-15-2015, 11:35 PM
Yes, because country and metal would be much more fitting.

Infinite_limit
02-15-2015, 11:36 PM
Yes, because country and metal would be much more fitting.
Techno without lyrics is best

HI-FI
02-15-2015, 11:38 PM
Don't give me that shit. I'm still smarting over your repudiation of my admiration for Billy Zane in "Titanic." I watched it today with that fuckin' cloud hangin' over the 4 hour proceeding on AMC.
:lol
cmon now, i agreed with you he made the movie better. I'm a huge fan of the Zane, from Sniper to Zoolander, shit even his cameo in Critters, you can't go wrong with that guy.

Thread
02-15-2015, 11:46 PM
cmon now, i agreed with you he made the movie better. I'm a huge fan of the Zane, from Sniper to Zoolander, shit even his cameo in Critters, you can't go wrong with that guy.

You ever see him in that movie where he gets shipwrecked on the island with his gf and this other guy? Forget the name, but, the girl is just so fine and she runs around the entire 90 minutes in this little white bikini.

HI-FI
02-16-2015, 12:00 AM
You ever see him in that movie where he gets shipwrecked on the island with his gf and this other guy? Forget the name, but, the girl is just so fine and she runs around the entire 90 minutes in this little white bikini.

checking the ZANE filmography, Survival Island looks like it fits your description. That or Head Above Water. I haven't seen either one but I'm thinking it's Survival Island.

Malik Hairston
02-16-2015, 12:02 AM
Artists like Drake are the voice of our generation, tbh..:lol old, bitter people..

mavsfan1000
02-16-2015, 12:14 AM
Artists like Drake are the voice of our generation, tbh..:lol old, bitter people..
Your generation sucks tbh.

DAF86
02-16-2015, 12:29 AM
Hip hop live performances suck. They usually consist of a non-live beat playing on the back while two or more folks scream over it. Rappers should just get bands to at least play live music and while they're at it hire some fine looking bitches that can actually sing to get rid of the "hype-men" who are only good at screaming and making annoying noises.

Clipper Nation
02-16-2015, 12:53 AM
Tbh, our generation is fucked if an artist as soft and beta as Drake is our "voice" :lol

That new mixtape he dropped isn't quite as shitty as Yeezus/Rebirth/Immobilarity/etc., but it's close.

Koolaid_Man
02-16-2015, 01:04 AM
Fuck yall hillbillies.......if u dont wants ta listen to the music then stop watching niggas play...we're not gonna listen to fucking pop rock...yall got every fucking thing else in the world got dammit let us smoke and drank and have this one pleasure....fuck off weirdos....yall some selfish ass got dam bastards

mavsfan1000
02-16-2015, 01:10 AM
Fuck yall hillbillies.......if u dont wants ta listen to the music then stop watching niggas play...we're not gonna listen to fucking pop rock...yall got every fucking thing else in the world got dammit let us smoke and drank and have this one pleasure....fuck off weirdos....yall some selfish ass got dam bastards
I love the sport. Just not who plays it generally speaking. Though Dirk is quite a cool guy IMO.

Ice009
02-16-2015, 01:40 AM
I love the sport. Just not who plays it generally speaking. Though Dirk is quite a cool guy IMO.

Exactly. I don't like most NBA players. I like the game above all else, but that doesn't mean I have to like all the players too.

cd021
02-16-2015, 04:00 AM

Considering the demographics basketball is a hip-hop.

Killakobe81
02-16-2015, 08:28 AM
Nas is half-man, half amazing and yall come corny ass dudes whining about hip-hop. Not a fan of 90% of rap especially knowadays but the top 10% are true poets and rap with a message and it's deeper than 95% of pop, rock, folk and alternative music.

Thread
02-16-2015, 10:18 AM
checking the ZANE filmography, Survival Island looks like it fits your description. That or Head Above Water. I haven't seen either one but I'm thinking it's Survival Island.

Yep, Survival Island. It's pedestrian fare & predictable, but, still enjoyable.

DeadlyDynasty
02-16-2015, 10:29 AM
Hip hop live performances suck. They usually consist of a non-live beat playing on the back while two or more folks scream over it. Rappers should just get bands to at least play live music and while they're at it hire some fine looking bitches that can actually sing to get rid of the "hype-men" who are only good at screaming and making annoying noises.

Hit the nail on the head with this post. Hip-hop is fucking atrocious live...buncha tone-deaf mongoloids screaming incoherently into a mic. It ain't bad music, but holy hell it's painful to listen to live. Stay in the studio where you belong.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
02-16-2015, 10:39 AM
Hit the nail on the head with this post. Hip-hop is fucking atrocious live...buncha tone-deaf mongoloids screaming incoherently into a mic. It ain't bad music, but holy hell it's painful to listen to live. Stay in the studio where you belong.
Why does DD still post here, tbh?

DeadlyDynasty
02-16-2015, 10:43 AM
So you have a reason to go on living.

Next.

jeebus
02-16-2015, 10:51 AM
:lmao

Floyd Pacquiao
02-16-2015, 10:55 AM
Agree with daf and dd wholeheartedly.

Killakobe81
02-16-2015, 11:12 AM

This I agree with. never paid my own money for a hip hop show. But I have seen some guys like Tribe or NAs rock a House of blues and it has been cool. But overall it's better to pay to see someone who can actually sing. plenty of rock shows are just as bad.

LkrFan
02-16-2015, 11:21 AM
Let me get this straight. You honkies like deep fried chicken. Ya like sweet potato pie. Ya like malt liquor. Ya like watching niggas chase balls. Ya like watching ya wife get dick'd down by long cock niggas. But... you dont like hip hop?:wow

:lmao

J_Paco
02-16-2015, 02:19 PM
Nas is half-man, half amazing and yall come corny ass dudes whining about hip-hop. Not a fan of 90% of rap especially knowadays but the top 10% are true poets and rap with a message and it's deeper than 95% of pop, rock, folk and alternative music.

Quoted for speaking the truth. Sad that rap music is nearly 40 years old, while Hip-Hop is the sub culture it resides in, and people still make the same stupid arguments against it.

-21-
02-16-2015, 02:20 PM

+1

And this is coming from a guy who likes hip-hop.

spurraider21
02-16-2015, 02:29 PM
This I agree with. never paid my own money for a hip hop show. But I have seen some guys like Tribe or NAs rock a House of blues and it has been cool. But overall it's better to pay to see someone who can actually sing. plenty of rock shows are just as bad.
this. some people just belong in studios

Raven
02-16-2015, 03:21 PM

true. However, you are hard pressed to find true musicians who like showmanship so much to be comfortable at playing half a song and acting like a retard for another half while playing for retards to boot.. sure, money buys a lot but the show would still suck. Could be improved though..

testies
02-17-2015, 03:59 AM
rock and roll at the mainstream level is dead though, so the alternative is shitty electronic music with a black dude singing or some shitty country pop chick

DMC
02-17-2015, 05:15 PM
You're watching monkeys swing around with a ball trying to put it into a hoop, and old monkeys sitting around squawking about it. You'd expect to hear monkey music.

Stalin
02-17-2015, 07:24 PM
I remember TNT a few nights ago during the final 1st Half telecast playing music in the background [think Jay-Z] with "nigga this, nigga that". I was shocked