PDA

View Full Version : Tim Duncan Tribute video: Old Man River

ScarFace
02-16-2015, 03:27 PM
http://youtu.be/YZ1vJ2WQFf0

Awesome video tribute. Feel free to delete if it's been posted.

Silver&Black
02-16-2015, 03:53 PM
nice 1st post

EVAY
02-16-2015, 04:22 PM
I saw this on ptr and find it stunning.

Just stunning.

Perfection.

Spurs 4 The Win
02-16-2015, 04:47 PM
Not complete without the OT shot vs Thunder included

FkLA
02-16-2015, 05:12 PM
It's going to be a sad day when he hangs them up. :cry

SupremeGuy
02-16-2015, 05:27 PM
It's going to be a sad day when he hangs them up. :cryThat's exactly how it left me feeling, tbh. :cry

dabom
02-16-2015, 05:27 PM
:cry

BillMc
02-16-2015, 06:28 PM
Thanks for posting.:toast

Very emotional video.

Hemotivo
02-16-2015, 10:50 PM
nice 1st post

one & done

Buddy Mignon
02-16-2015, 11:04 PM
http://youtu.be/YZ1vJ2WQFf0

Awesome video tribute. Feel free to delete if it's been posted.

They should delete this shit for just being lame. Get the fuck out of here with this gay shit.

Spursfanfromafar
02-16-2015, 11:47 PM
Paul Robeson & Tim Duncan.. two of my favourites. Wow.

spurs10
02-17-2015, 01:08 AM
They should delete this shit for just being lame. Get the fuck out of here with this gay shit. So you had gay thoughts when you saw this...hate to see how you react to a prison movie.

Spur|n|Austin
02-17-2015, 01:51 AM
Holy tits that was good.

dabom
02-17-2015, 01:55 AM
They should delete this shit for just being lame. Get the fuck out of here with this gay shit.

It's best for retards not to speak.

TE
02-17-2015, 02:02 AM
Stunning video. It's pretty insane just thinking that there is a legend we see every night when this guy steps onto the court. All world, all class, greatest of his generation. One of the greatest to ever do it. Like somebody mentioned, when he hangs it up...that will be a very, very, sad day. Talk about watching him do this for an entire childhood, to be one of the main reasons why I love this game so much (a big reason a lot of you all near my age post here as well). Fuck...

:worthy:

Budkin
02-17-2015, 11:46 AM

http://th03.deviantart.net/fs50/PRE/i/2009/320/c/3/naruto_wet_and_shirtless_by_aironalia.jpg

B-Hath
02-17-2015, 01:18 PM

For this being a Spurs fan forum, there seem to be a whole lot of people on here that really don't like the players, or fellow Spurs fans.

Spur|n|Austin
02-17-2015, 02:41 PM
For this being a Spurs fan forum, there seem to be a whole lot of people on here that really don't like the players, or fellow Spurs fans.

:lol you have to take comments from certain posters with a grain of salt.

GrandeDavid
02-17-2015, 04:08 PM
I thought the song was lame. And it's not flattering being called "Old Man Riverwalk."

wildchild
02-17-2015, 05:24 PM
Buddy Mignon is some kori/timvp/mods' joke, some alt? The guy is always making discriminatory comments about race, sexual orientation, mental condition but nothing happens...There's not anti-discrimination policy on ST anymore.

Thomas82
02-17-2015, 05:24 PM
Stunning video. It's pretty insane just thinking that there is a legend we see every night when this guy steps onto the court. All world, all class, greatest of his generation. One of the greatest to ever do it. Like somebody mentioned, when he hangs it up...that will be a very, very, sad day. Talk about watching him do this for an entire childhood, to be one of the main reasons why I love this game so much (a big reason a lot of you all near my age post here as well). Fuck...

:worthy:

I'm with you on everything you said....except I have been watching him do this my entire adult life. His rookie season was my senior year of high school.

wildchild
02-17-2015, 05:25 PM
Nice vid!. Thanks!

B-Hath
02-17-2015, 05:29 PM
:lol you have to take comments from certain posters with a grain of salt.

Sure, but really what purpose are they serving, other than being a general ass? Seems like nobody is safe to post anything without getting blown up by someone.

alfredbird
02-17-2015, 06:32 PM
Can anyone provie HD youtube link of Bill Simmons's tribute video before 2013 finals?

spurraider21
02-17-2015, 07:04 PM
Buddy Mignon is some kori/timvp/mods' joke, some alt? The guy is always making discriminatory comments about race, sexual orientation, mental condition but nothing happens...There's not anti-discrimination policy on ST anymore.
...dude its lakaluva aka narutoluva

Juggity
02-17-2015, 07:40 PM

fwiw, lakaluva/buddy mignon is probably the easiest poster to countertroll on spurstalk...just bring up the naruto incident and watch him disappear.

spurs10
02-17-2015, 08:37 PM
I thought the song was lame. And it's not flattering being called "Old Man Riverwalk." The song is a classic from the 1920's and one of the first songs of social significance in the 20th Century. This version by Paul Robeson is the best known version and is in the Grammy Hall of Fame. "Old Man Riverwalk" is just a joke, as is Tim's age to everyone on the team. Being 38 is obviously not old in many professions. Playing basketball at an All-Star level at 38 is something few have done.

No one here is old enough to know this song when it was a hit, but it stuck around for a hundred years for some reason. How many songs released in 2014 will do that?

Spur|n|Austin
02-17-2015, 08:48 PM
The song is a classic from the 1920's and one of the first songs of social significance in the 20th Century. This version by Paul Robeson is the best known version and is in the Grammy Hall of Fame. "Old Man Riverwalk" is just a joke, as is Tim's age to everyone on the team. Being 38 is obviously not old in many professions. Playing basketball at an All-Star level at 38 is something few have done.

No one here is old enough to know this song when it was a hit, but it stuck around for a hundred years for some reason. How many songs released in 2014 will do that?

Well said :toast

Kool Bob Love
02-17-2015, 09:30 PM
Tim Duncan, aka da GAWD. :worthy:

spurs10
02-18-2015, 02:34 AM
Well said :toast :toast

Dex
02-18-2015, 01:26 PM

There never really was one to begin with. People just used to be civilized enough not to abuse the policy and push it to its absolute extremes.

Ed Helicopter Jones
02-19-2015, 12:01 PM
The song is a classic from the 1920's and one of the first songs of social significance in the 20th Century. This version by Paul Robeson is the best known version and is in the Grammy Hall of Fame. "Old Man Riverwalk" is just a joke, as is Tim's age to everyone on the team. Being 38 is obviously not old in many professions. Playing basketball at an All-Star level at 38 is something few have done.

True. I believe the original lyrics wouldn't fly at all today, but the song itself is certainly a classic...just like Timmy it was modified to stay effective over time. I thought the video tribute was pretty nice. :tu

DarrinS
02-19-2015, 12:38 PM

If this is the "discriminatory" comment you are referring to, you are overly sensitive. Seek help.

Prose
02-20-2015, 02:29 AM
"I'm tired of living, but scared of dying"
deep...

wildchild
02-20-2015, 04:05 AM
If this is the "discriminatory" comment you are referring to, you are overly sensitive. Seek help.

He's always making jokes about Tim's supposed sexual orientation, about race, and calling retarded everyone...The good thing is that you can forget it easily. :tu

wildchild
02-20-2015, 04:09 AM
There never really was one to begin with.
Well, since Kori said "We don't allow certain words that can be viewed as highly offensive. Posting such words, even derivatives of those words, is prohibited...Banning: C. Banter about illegal activies. Even if it's done in a joking manner, we don't want that talk here. D. Using the prohibited words linked above."....
I thought there was some kind of policy on ST about that. My bad.