PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Kobe: 2011 lockout was about restricting the Lakers

djohn2oo8
02-17-2015, 11:41 AM
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/02/17/kobe-bryant-2011-nba-lockout-was-made-to-restrict-the-lakers/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

What?

Buddy Mignon
02-17-2015, 11:53 AM
He's right. We had just come off our back2back and was ready to retool for another run that would have pushed Kobe past Jordan in ring counts. Everyone knew it and everyone was crying about it. I called foul play first.

Commissioner,
It would be a travesty to allow the Lakers to acquire Chris Paul in the apparent trade being discussed.
This trade should go to a vote of the 29 owners of the Hornets.
Over the next three seasons this deal would save the Lakers approximately $20 million in salaries and approximately $21 million in luxury taxes. That $21 million goes to non-taxpaying teams and to fund revenue sharing.
I cannot remember ever seeing a trade where a team got by far the best player in the trade and saved over $40 million in the process. And it doesn’t appear that they would give up any draft picks, which might allow to later make a trade for Dwight Howard (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3818/). (They would also get a large trade exception that would help them improve their team and/or eventually trade for Howard.) When the Lakers got Pau Gasol (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3513/) (at the time considered an extremely lopsided trade) they took on tens of millions in additional salary and luxury tax and they gave up a number of prospects (one in Marc Gasol (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/4325/) who may become a max-salary player).
I just don’t see how we can allow this trade to happen.
I know the vast majority of owners feel the same way that I do.
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?
Please advise…
Dan G.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/09/cavaliers-owner-emails-david-stern-to-block-chris-paul-trade-to-lakers/

Clipper Nation
02-17-2015, 12:02 PM
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/02/17/kobe-bryant-2011-nba-lockout-was-made-to-restrict-the-lakers/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

What?
:lol This is a new low for Kirby. You'd think a commissioner who hated the Lakers wouldn't rig so many games for them or talk about how he wanted a Lakers vs. Lakers Finals.

Buddy Mignon
02-17-2015, 12:04 PM
:lol This is a new low for Kirby. You'd think a commissioner who hated the Lakers wouldn't rig so many games for them or talk about how he wanted a Lakers vs. Lakers Finals.

The only thing that was rigged was the gift that you got in Paul... and magically you've turned him into to shit. The Clippas are worse than low income ghetto niggas. You may as well move out the community when you see em coming.

JamStone
02-17-2015, 12:07 PM
Kobe needs to shut the fuck up. He's not even playing right now.

Why is he going on an interview tour to keep his name in the press? He's completely irrelevant to the current NBA season.

Stop yucking it up with Ahmad Rashad and and GQ magazine and the like and go rehab your shoulder, you little bitch.

endrity
02-17-2015, 12:08 PM
Kobe and CP3 would have been a nightmare, they'd have been fighting worse than Kobe and Shaq. Yeah, they'd probably be somewhere in the playoffs, but I don't think they'd have made much noise.

Thread
02-17-2015, 12:09 PM
The Cubes did this, and now I read somewhere last week that he now wants to lift the cap.

I'll just bet he does.

AlexJones
02-17-2015, 12:10 PM
Bad for the NBA probably. Lakers in the hunt is always best for biz. Ya just got to love every non-Laker fan celebrating the crap out of a regular season 3-game losing streak during that run lol

LkrFan
02-17-2015, 12:12 PM
This thread is like pulling the scab off old wounds with some gasoline soaked grip pliers. SMDH

That's why I laughed at you farmers calling Mitch "cupcake". It's cool, they just delayed the inevitable: LA passing Boston in rang totals. They succeeded on keeping Kobe behind MJ though. Small victory, I guess.

RsxPiimp
02-17-2015, 12:14 PM
Kobe needs to shut up for real.

As if bringing CP3 will make the Lakers contenders :lmao

LkrFan
02-17-2015, 12:17 PM
Kobe needs to shut up for real.

As if bringing CP3 will make the Lakers contenders :lmao

If you actually believe that you got mental issues. D-FAG would have come too making a Big 3 even LeHype and his LeRefs couldn't overcome.

baseline bum
02-17-2015, 12:22 PM
Kobe has become not only a tired old shit bag, but a senile old fuck in his advancing age.

RsxPiimp
02-17-2015, 12:26 PM
If you actually believe that you got mental issues. D-FAG would have come too making a Big 3 even LeHype and his LeRefs couldn't overcome.

CP3 and Kobe wouldn't work. The Lakers would be spending $20 million on a point guard to bring the ball up and pass to Kobe. Bean's on record saying he doesn't like chumps, that he'll walk over you but the reality is this is exactly why the Kobe-Gasol tandem worked. Luckily for the Lakers, Pau became a nigga (Thanks to Kobe) and found a pair in 2009 and 2010.

Clipper Nation
02-17-2015, 12:26 PM
Choke, Kirby, and Dwight would have been a disaster, Manuel. Two ballhogs ,three chokers and three oversized egos.

100%duncan
02-17-2015, 12:28 PM
Kobe has become not only a tired old shit bag, but a senile old fuck in his advancing age.

Like this faggot Thread

RsxPiimp
02-17-2015, 12:32 PM
Choke, Kirby, and Dwight would have been a disaster, Manuel. Two ballhogs ,three chokers and three oversized egos.

Probably worse than the 2013 Super Team tbh.

hsxvvd
02-17-2015, 01:50 PM
Going out gracefully.... he's becoming more and more of parody of himself.

Killakobe81
02-17-2015, 04:16 PM

What?

Duh, we saw the response by Cubes and Gilbert ...but no use whining about it.

lefty
02-17-2015, 04:18 PM
At least Magic was forced to retire early

Thread
02-17-2015, 04:27 PM
^Only because he let his mouth overload his ass back even then.

Nothing has changed.

Raven
02-17-2015, 04:28 PM
he is right about the lockout. It was the right thing to do also, the league had become a joke, i mean an ignorant team winning it all just because they have boatloads of money more than anyone and a position of absolute power just isn't right. He is wrong about thinking the cp trade would have changed much for him though.

Arcadian
02-17-2015, 04:34 PM

Why is he going on an interview tour to keep his name in the press? He's completely irrelevant to the current NBA season.

Stop yucking it up with Ahmad Rashad and and GQ magazine and the like and go rehab your shoulder, you little bitch.

:lol Nice... :tu

baseline bum
02-17-2015, 04:38 PM
Still :lol at people who think the Hornets should have taken the contracts of Scola and Odom when they were trying to sell the team.

Pelicans78
02-17-2015, 04:52 PM
Still :lol at people who think the Hornets should have taken the contracts of Scola and Odom when they were trying to sell the team.

Thank goodness that trade never happened. Props to Stern for doing his job and blocking that trade.

DMC
02-17-2015, 05:01 PM
:cry I need franchise players to carry me :cry

:cry Jordan was only good because of his ring count :cry

:cry Chris Paul signed with the Clippers at the end of the season :cry

:cry My metatarsals :cry

:cry My rotator cuff :cry

:cry me :cry

DMC
02-17-2015, 05:02 PM
^Only because he let his mouth overload his ass back even then.

Nothing has changed.
Pretty sure someone else overloaded his ass and his mouth.

SupremeGuy
02-17-2015, 05:19 PM
lol kirby

LkrFan
02-17-2015, 05:24 PM
:cry I need franchise players to carry me :cry

:cry Jordan was only good because of his ring count :cry

:cry Chris Paul signed with the Clippers at the end of the season :cry

:cry My metatarsals :cry

:cry My rotator cuff :cry

:cry me :cry

You seem like a pretty smart farmer. If 50/82=~0.61, then 4+0.61=4.61.

Riddle me this: is 5 > 4.61? Answer: YES! Therefore, since this basic math is a scientifically proven fact, one HAS to conclude that Kobe > DuncanPERIOD.

unforeseen
02-17-2015, 05:27 PM

Riddle me this: is 5 > 4.61? Answer: YES! Therefore, since this basic math is a scientifically proven fact, one HAS to conclude that Kobe > DuncanPERIOD.

I thought Mexicans were not good at math. :lol

LkrFan
02-17-2015, 05:34 PM
I thought Mexicans were not good at math. :lol

Puedo contar. Si no tiene dólares entonces no do son sentido nake! :lol

DMC
02-17-2015, 05:46 PM

Government math no doubt

lefty
02-17-2015, 05:46 PM
Omg

I can't imagine the shit storm happening at Lakersground right now

Kool Bob Love
02-17-2015, 05:47 PM
Feels great knowing he stuck at 5 for the fif straight year.

Infinite_limit
02-17-2015, 05:49 PM
Is this about the Gasol trade?

LkrFan
02-17-2015, 06:12 PM
Government math no doubt:lol

DMC
02-17-2015, 06:15 PM
Being "stuck at 5" is something almost 100% of current NBA players would accept.

DJR210
02-17-2015, 06:47 PM

What he needs to do is go take his ass whipping from Malone.

Malik Hairston
02-17-2015, 06:51 PM
I still don't understand how anybody that has watched the NBA the past 10 years thinks that Kobe and Chris Paul's games would fit well together, tbh:lol..

Kobe doesn't play off the ball, and Paul is arguably the most ball-dominant PG in NBA history..people make the same mistake with Rondo, they think that a player that dominates the ball will easily fit well if he's known for getting assists..

LkrFan
02-17-2015, 08:06 PM
I still don't understand how anybody that has watched the NBA the past 10 years thinks that Kobe and Chris Paul's games would fit well together, tbh:lol..

Kobe doesn't play off the ball, and Paul is arguably the most ball-dominant PG in NBA history..people make the same mistake with Rondo, they think that a player that dominates the ball will easily fit well if he's known for getting assists..

LeHype and D-Whistle are both ball dominant. It worked twice for them.

ambchang
02-17-2015, 08:18 PM
Kobe is that crazy old man in the park talking about aliens abducting his brother and government out to get him.

Only difference is that he has an audience.

RsxPiimp
02-17-2015, 08:40 PM

Wade was willing to take a back seat. CP3's game is predicated on literally having the ball on his hands and creating a free flow motion of offense.

Clipper Nation
02-17-2015, 08:54 PM

It didn't work until Washed-Up Wade got lazy and started to completely rely on LeBron to drag him to wins.

Leetonidas
02-17-2015, 09:06 PM
Yep, it's the lockouts fault that the Lakers traded for Dwight and Nash and failed miserably and it caused Kobe to have 3 straight season ending injuries...

:lol stfu faggot. And why is nartuofan sticking his little chode in here? You're irrelevant like your shit team, return to your anime forums pls

spursparker9
02-17-2015, 09:14 PM
Kirby should join TNT after his career end tbh

RD2191
02-17-2015, 09:30 PM
Yep, it's the lockouts fault that the Lakers traded for Dwight and Nash and failed miserably and it caused Kobe to have 3 straight season ending injuries...

:lol stfu faggot. And why is nartuofan sticking his little chode in here? You're irrelevant like your shit team, return to your anime forums pls
:lol

elmanutres
02-17-2015, 09:38 PM
The only thing that was rigged was the gift that you got in Paul... and magically you've turned him into to shit. The Clippas are worse than low income ghetto niggas. You may as well move out the community when you see em coming.

Stern was the owner. He could legally veto. It's been 4 years. Stop crying about it. You guys still got the best center in the nba before realizing he was dumb at the time for nothing and got steve fucking nash before all those injuries and still kept the core that got you 3 straight finals and 2 titles.

And the lockout was brewing well before 2011 (http://www.nba.com/2011/news/09/09/labor-timeline/)

LkrFan
02-17-2015, 10:30 PM
Wade was willing to take a back seat. CP3's game is predicated on literally having the ball on his hands and creating a free flow motion of offense.

Water under the bridge, but CP0 would not only make Kobe more efficient, he'd make our scrubs look halfway decent. Not to mention D-FAG would've shot 82%. CP0 is a good closer too. It would have worked.

LkrFan
02-17-2015, 10:31 PM
It didn't work until Washed-Up Wade got lazy and started to completely rely on LeBron to drag him to wins.

They both relied upon Mike Miller snd Ray Allen to bail them out. It happens.

Clipper Nation
02-17-2015, 10:33 PM
CP0 is a good closer too.
:lmao

Washed-Up Wade relied upon LeBron, Mike Miller and Ray Allen to bail him out. It happens.
FIFY

LkrFan
02-17-2015, 10:39 PM
:lmao

FIFY
Nobody shoots 100% in the clutch Bell B:loly. With Kobe on the court, what coach would double CP0?

LOL at you :downspin: the fact LeHype got bailed outPERIOD. It happened.

Clipper Nation
02-17-2015, 10:48 PM
Nobody shoots 100% in the clutch Bell B:loly.
You'd think Kirby stans would want to avoid mentioning clutch shooting percentages :lol

With Kobe on the court, what coach would double CP0?
Neither of them would be doubled because coaches would love to have either one of them hoist up game-losing bricks.

LOL at you :downspin: the fact LeHype got bailed outPERIOD. It happened.
LeBron does the bailing out, Alonso. Deal with that shiiiit.

LkrFan
02-17-2015, 10:52 PM
You'd think Kirby stans would want to avoid mentioning clutch shooting percentages :lol

Neither of them would be doubled because coaches would love to have either one of them hoist up game-losing bricks.

unforeseen
02-17-2015, 11:14 PM

More like Alfonso

http://www.pausaparanerdices.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Alfonso-Ribeiro-2.gif

Killakobe81
02-17-2015, 11:18 PM

I actually agree ...

Killakobe81
02-17-2015, 11:19 PM

Slurp

Clipper Nation
02-17-2015, 11:32 PM
Slurp

I am a huge Kobe apologist.

MI21
02-17-2015, 11:44 PM
Wade isn't to bad off the ball, not a floor spacer but he was great at finding seams with cuts and working the baselines off ball for dunks/layups. Being good off the ball isn't just spreading the floor and catch and shoot opportunities.

Thread
02-17-2015, 11:58 PM
Pretty sure someone else overloaded his ass and his mouth.

Christ, can you ever grow up?

Sean Cagney
02-18-2015, 12:29 AM
He's right. We had just come off our back2back and was ready to retool for another run that would have pushed Kobe past Jordan in ring counts. Everyone knew it and everyone was crying about it. I called foul play first.

Commissioner,
It would be a travesty to allow the Lakers to acquire Chris Paul in the apparent trade being discussed.Kobe has 5, he would have tied MJ with his sixth IF they won another one.
This trade should go to a vote of the 29 owners of the Hornets.
Over the next three seasons this deal would save the Lakers approximately $20 million in salaries and approximately $21 million in luxury taxes. That $21 million goes to non-taxpaying teams and to fund revenue sharing.
I cannot remember ever seeing a trade where a team got by far the best player in the trade and saved over $40 million in the process. And it doesn’t appear that they would give up any draft picks, which might allow to later make a trade for Dwight Howard (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3818/). (They would also get a large trade exception that would help them improve their team and/or eventually trade for Howard.) When the Lakers got Pau Gasol (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3513/) (at the time considered an extremely lopsided trade) they took on tens of millions in additional salary and luxury tax and they gave up a number of prospects (one in Marc Gasol (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/4325/) who may become a max-salary player).
I just don’t see how we can allow this trade to happen.
I know the vast majority of owners feel the same way that I do.
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?
Please advise…
Dan G.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/09/cavaliers-owner-emails-david-stern-to-block-chris-paul-trade-to-lakers/

Killakobe81
02-18-2015, 06:56 AM

I agree but he has to promote his Showtime doc which was planned long ago. Pretty sure this is a promotional type tour for that still agree with your premise, but I think this was all part of marketing for that. It is mentioned in everything he has done recently ...

Killakobe81
02-18-2015, 08:18 AM
CN I at least knock Kobe for poor shot selection ego and the contact extension.
You defend LeBron on silly shit like ducking the dunk contest even though he just said he regrets not doing it brings it up every ASG. To be fair I'm sure he is asked about it too but if he wanted to end that he could have.

ambchang
02-18-2015, 02:42 PM
Water under the bridge, but CP0 would not only make Kobe more efficient, he'd make our scrubs look halfway decent. Not to mention D-FAG would've shot 82%. CP0 is a good closer too. It would have worked.

No point repeating yourself.

LkrFan
02-18-2015, 03:46 PM
No point repeating yourself.:lol

Killakobe81
02-18-2015, 04:03 PM
No point repeating yourself.

No bias, LOL

But that was funny ...