PDA

View Full Version : Blazers: Aldridge wasn't recruited during All-Star weekend: ‘Maybe I'm not good enough"

spursparker9
02-17-2015, 09:19 PM
Aldridge smiled when the grind of, ‘Are you coming to New York?’ queries was mentioned. “You know it is coming when you come here, but really, it wasn’t too bad,” Aldridge told Sporting News. “I didn’t get hit with it too much. It was off and on, but it wasn’t too bad and I’m used to it by now. I am not in free agency so there isn’t much to say.”

Aldridge also said he was not really recruited all that much by players employed by teams with cap space this summer — and yes, that includes Knicks forward Carmelo Anthony. “Maybe I’m not good enough,” Aldridge said with a smile. …

“It’s probably being paranoid, I think just about everyone expects him to stay (with the Blazers), but they’re very, very scared to lose him,” one league executive told Sporting News. “They’ve been reluctant to do anything with the roster as it stands because they want to stay in position to bring him back. For smaller markets, you’re always afraid of losing the stars you drafted and groomed.”

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/02/17/lamarcus-aldridge-on-why-he-wasnt-heavily-recruited-during-all-star-weekend-maybe-im-not-good-enough/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

benstanfield
02-18-2015, 12:14 AM
:lol any team with Melo at SF and Aldridge at PF
:lol contested midrange jumpshots