PDA

View Full Version : NBA: GS vs. OKC is going to be one hell of a 1st round

SpursFan86
02-18-2015, 03:12 PM

Throw in Dragic being traded, and OKC basically has a playoff spot locked. Unless LAC massively collapses with Griffin out, I don't see OKC catching up to any of the top 7 seeds.

GS vs. OKC in the 1st round is going to be crazy.

Clipper Nation
02-18-2015, 03:17 PM
OKC over the frauds in 6, minimum.

RD2191
02-18-2015, 03:19 PM
OKC in 5. GS hype is ridiculous.

SpursFan86
02-18-2015, 03:29 PM
Why do people think GS are frauds? I never hear any actual reasons...people just say it and don't give any actual reasoning behind it.

I don't think they're clear favorites or anything, but they're definitely contenders. Just as legitimate as SA or OKC.

djohn2oo8
02-18-2015, 03:40 PM
Rockets need to.trade that Pelicans pick ASAP.

hater
02-18-2015, 03:45 PM
Snatch Brothers are good for 1 supernova series this year tbh. If they catch fire in round 1 they win .If they don't OKC hands down.

RD2191
02-18-2015, 04:05 PM
Why do people think GS are frauds? I never hear any actual reasons...people just say it and don't give any actual reasoning behind it.

I don't think they're clear favorites or anything, but they're definitely contenders. Just as legitimate as SA or OKC.
Last time a team with a PG as their best player won the title? Also, they're defense is always tops in the regular season but goes to shit in the playoffs. They could fluke their way to the finals but I doubt it.

RD2191
02-18-2015, 04:12 PM
Besides magic and IT. Kobe/Shaq, SG/Center. Tim/Manu/Parker, PF/SG/PG overall team effort with team leading the way. Pistons stellar defense and all around team effort. Wade/Shaq, SG/Center. KG/Pierce/Allen, PF/SG-SF?/SG. Kobe/Pau/Bynum, SG/PF/Center. Dirk/PF team effort. Lbj/Wade/Bosh, SF/SG/Center. Spurs all around effort.

I don't see where any team was led by a PG to a title. Just doesn't happen.

ambchang
02-18-2015, 04:28 PM
I have GSW in 7. Going to be a tight series.

I can't see either team guarding the other one particularly well, but I believe Kerr will throw something unorthodox at OKC and Brooks will be flummoxed.

SpursFan86
02-18-2015, 05:43 PM
Last time a team with a PG as their best player won the title? Also, they're defense is always tops in the regular season but goes to shit in the playoffs. They could fluke their way to the finals but I doubt it.

No one won a title without a 20 ppg scorer before us. "It's never happened before" isn't very good reasoning. Regardless, it's not like Curry has to carry them every game. They have a well-rounded team. Even if Curry struggles, they still have a 20+ ppg scorer in Klay Thompson, plus guys like Draymond Green, Iguodala, Lee, and Barnes.

Their defense has only been elite since last season. Bogut missed the playoffs + they played the best offensive team in the league...of course their defense was going to look worse. Despite missing Bogut, they still took the Clippers to 7 games without having HCA. This year their defense is even better, and they'll likely have HCA the entire playoffs.

I mean if you want to say that you don't think Bogut will be healthy come April, that's fine. But "no PG-led teams win titles" or "they're just a regular season team" are flaky excuses at best.

daslicer
02-18-2015, 05:48 PM
GS is playing with great chemistry this year and is a better run oil machine than OKC. I just believe GS team ball will prevail over OKC's iso style. GS in 6 games if they meet up with OKC.

Blizzardwizard
02-18-2015, 06:00 PM
Chokelahoma will be swept.

~O~
02-18-2015, 07:48 PM
OKC...is done. Golden State has topped them this year

Malik Hairston
02-18-2015, 07:52 PM
Warriors will beat them if Bogut is healthy(huge if, obviously), the contrast in style of play will be too difficult for OKC to overcome IMO..

Isoball doesn't beat team ball if the level of talent is similar..

Obviously they would rather avoid OKC, though, they still have 2 guys that could go for 50 at any time, of course..man, Russ is going to be soooooooooo hated if the league's beloved team plays against him in round 1:lol..

UZER
02-18-2015, 08:11 PM
Kerr was giddy as a school girl while doing thunder games the last few years. Now he gets to put up with their bitching fouling free throw gifted asses first hand.

Infinite_limit
02-19-2015, 01:13 AM
No one won a title without a 20 ppg scorer before us. "It's never happened before" isn't very good reasoning. Regardless, it's not like Curry has to carry them every game. They have a well-rounded team. Even if Curry struggles, they still have a 20+ ppg scorer in Klay Thompson, plus guys like Draymond Green, Iguodala, Lee, and Barnes.

Their defense has only been elite since last season. Bogut missed the playoffs + they played the best offensive team in the league...of course their defense was going to look worse. Despite missing Bogut, they still took the Clippers to 7 games without having HCA. This year their defense is even better, and they'll likely have HCA the entire playoffs.

I mean if you want to say that you don't think Bogut will be healthy come April, that's fine. But "no PG-led teams win titles" or "they're just a regular season team" are flaky excuses at best.
I think the Point Guard hate is overstated. Billups, Parker and Stockton. IMO, the weakest is Small Forward. Which have cashed in with titles.....Bird & James. The two greatest. Durant most likely soon. But even Dr.J needed Moses.

I'll still take a stud PG and Post player over SF....who is essentially a floater.

daslicer
02-19-2015, 01:20 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I think the PG is still not a position of necessity that you have to have to win a title but their is truth in the value of needing at least an all-star big to win it all even if your not reliant on a PG. All the championship teams of the last 30 years or so had all-star bigs except the first three peat bulls.

scanry
02-19-2015, 02:07 AM

You're right. In the modern era, only Detroit, San Antonio & Boston rang without a 20 ppg player.

Boston 1963, 1976, 2008
Detroit 1989, 1990 & 2004
Minneapolis 1954
Rochester 1951
San Antonio 2014
Seattle 1979
Syracuse 1955
Washington 1978