PDA

View Full Version : Blazers get Afflalo

spursfanincolorado
02-19-2015, 12:27 PM
For filler and first round pick.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12347682/denver-nuggets-trade-arron-afflalo-portland-trail-blazers

Mal
02-19-2015, 12:38 PM
Non-issue

RD2191
02-19-2015, 12:56 PM
Non-issue

Chinook
02-19-2015, 01:08 PM
To the point that this didn't even need a thread. The Blazers will only beat the Spurs is Aldrige goes off. The perimeter game doesn't matter.

spursfanincolorado
02-19-2015, 02:30 PM
To the point that this didn't even need a thread. The Blazers will only beat the Spurs is Aldrige goes off. The perimeter game doesn't matter.

If that was the case, then half of these other posts are absolutely an unnecessary waste of bandwidth and common sense. But to each their own!

My intent wasn't to come across profound or anything - they did pick up a serviceable piece and giving up "filler and a first round"

I am just lamenting the fact that the Spurs are content to stand pat while the other teams are at least making an effort to shore up their lineups.

I guess Ayers and and the rest of our "filler" are gonna push them thru to "6".

I realize that we don't have much in the way of first round options or attractive pieces that we can afford to lose but I don't feel super confident that this group will get past some of these teams.

Of course, I am a 'til the wheels fall off fan but I think I am noticing a wobble in the wheels starting to happen -

Chinook
02-19-2015, 02:37 PM
If that was the case, then half of these other posts are absolutely an unnecessary waste of bandwidth and common sense. But to each their own!

My intent wasn't to come across profound or anything - they did pick up a serviceable piece and giving up "filler and a first round"

I am just lamenting the fact that the Spurs are content to stand pat while the other teams are at least making an effort to shore up their lineups.

I guess Ayers and and the rest of our "filler" are gonna push them thru to "6".

I realize that we don't have much in the way of first round options or attractive pieces that we can afford to lose but I don't feel super confident that this group will get past some of these teams.

Of course, I am a 'til the wheels fall off fan but I think I am noticing a wobble in the wheels starting to happen -

Bruh, I spend as much time in the Think Tank proposing trades as much as anyone. I think there are numerous ways the Spurs can/could have improve/d their roster. Doesn't mean that the Blazers getting Afflalo is a big deal.

Now, I don't want you to think that I'm telling you to delete this thread. I'm merely voicing my apathy toward the signing. You're correct that there are 20 more pointless threads made each day.

spursfanincolorado
02-19-2015, 02:43 PM
I absolutely agree Chinook -

who knows, maybe the FO was ranging the phones all week(end) but came up empty handed.

Definitely respect the Blazers and all the upper tier West Conference teams - just waiting for the "retooling years" and what that is gonna mean.

spurtech09
02-19-2015, 07:09 PM
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz