PDA

View Full Version : U-verse Internet

Aztecfan03
02-19-2015, 04:22 PM
Fucking sucks. Goes out about once a month.

DJR210
02-19-2015, 04:26 PM
I could have told you that..is it still shitty ass DSL too?

Aztecfan03
02-19-2015, 05:12 PM
I could have told you that..is it still shitty ass DSL too?

I think u-verse is dsl, just a newer version. BUt the old DSL I could reset the modem when it was having problems. With this, resetting the modem does jack squat.

Don't have the u-verse for tv because it wasn't available at the time.

ChumpDumper
02-19-2015, 05:27 PM
I think u-verse is dsl, just a newer version. BUt the old DSL I could reset the modem when it was having problems. With this, resetting the modem does jack squat.

Don't have the u-verse for tv because it wasn't available at the time.Is anything else available where you are? I keep saying how spoiled with choices we are in Austin these days.

Blake
02-19-2015, 05:39 PM
Yeah, I get tired of having to unplug and restart u verse. and yeah, it's about once a month.

After the Spurs finish their season, I'm dumping uverse for Sling TV

Aztecfan03
02-19-2015, 05:40 PM
Is anything else available where you are? I keep saying how spoiled with choices we are in Austin these days.

Pretty much just Cox. I guess Dish has internet available here too now, though.

Aztecfan03
02-19-2015, 05:41 PM
Yeah, I get tired of having to unplug and restart u verse. and yeah, it's about once a month.

After the Spurs finish their season, I'm dumping uverse for Sling TV

Luckily we got our bundle with Directv instead of uverse tv so the tv has been fine.

hehateme
02-19-2015, 06:03 PM
Never had an issue with Uverse in San Antonio, it's actually better than the alternative of TW/Comcast. Wouldn't mind trying GVTC's actual fiber though if I lived only 20miles closer.

Blake
02-19-2015, 06:19 PM
Never had an issue with Uverse in San Antonio, it's actually better than the alternative of TW/Comcast. Wouldn't mind trying GVTC's actual fiber though if I lived only 20miles closer.

U verse >>>> TWC

But still....

DJR210
02-19-2015, 06:41 PM
Grande Communications has great internet if you can get it

Aztecfan03
02-19-2015, 06:44 PM
Grande Communications has great internet if you can get it
I'm in California. these are supposedly my options:

AT&T

AT&T U-verse

Cox

dishNET

Earthlink Dialup

Exede

Don't like the idea of exede and Dishnet because they have data limits.

DJR210
02-19-2015, 08:24 PM
I'm in California. these are supposedly my options:

AT&T

AT&T U-verse

Cox

dishNET

Earthlink Dialup

Exede

Don't like the idea of exede and Dishnet because they have data limits.

Whatever you go with, at least go w/ cable cause DSL sucks.

CavsSuperFan
02-20-2015, 10:49 AM
I had the same experience…UVERSE system crashed every few weeks…I made one last effort to resolve the problem before I switched to cable and I was able to get a real technician to the house… (An installer is not a technician)…He replaced every box & then re worked the phone line connection…He did not like how the original installers set things up…It has been three years now & the system has never crashed…My only complaint is that UVERSE raises their fees every year…

jeebus
02-20-2015, 01:09 PM
I had uverse for about 9 months before I moved, shit was great. I think it cut out maybe...once the entire time. Before that I had TWC. Those nigs were so shitty imo. Net would cut out at least once a week and before I dropped them, they bumped my bill up another $20 per month :lol Faggots.

lmbebo
02-20-2015, 01:59 PM
knock on wood, no issues with uverse so far. Only complaint was that I couldn't use my Tivos. Much easier system than the att system.

Other option was TWC, which I heard locally, is unstable.

Best I had was Fios in NYC. Price, channels, speed, etc. Just awesome.

Infinite_limit
02-20-2015, 03:04 PM
No issues with U-verse in San Diego

The best package is probably Dish Network + Cox internet. But the price of U-verse was my choice

Aztecfan03
02-20-2015, 03:44 PM
No issues with U-verse in San Diego

The best package is probably Dish Network + Cox internet. But the price of U-verse was my choice

Thats where I am though. Well, North County. It has been terrible so far.

Infinite_limit
02-20-2015, 03:50 PM
Thats where I am though. Well, North County. It has been terrible so far.
Where? I'm Vista

Aztecfan03
02-20-2015, 04:11 PM
Where? I'm Vista

Same. Northern part of it. Not in the boonies, but I'm almost a mile away from any streets with actual sidewalks.

Maybe there is some type of wiring prooblem in our house, that or we might be near the outskirts of their area. The tv portion of uverse wasn't available a year ago at our house but the internet and phone were so we did the bundle with directv.

Infinite_limit
02-20-2015, 04:57 PM
Same. Northern part of it. Not in the boonies, but I'm almost a mile away from any streets with actual sidewalks.

Maybe there is some type of wiring prooblem in our house, that or we might be near the outskirts of their area. The tv portion of uverse wasn't available a year ago at our house but the internet and phone were so we did the bundle with directv.
Hmm I would guess it's the outskirts issue.

Do you hit up any bars in the area?

Aztecfan03
02-20-2015, 05:07 PM
Hmm I would guess it's the outskirts issue.

Do you hit up any bars in the area?

naw. I don't like most alcohol and partying doesn't do anything for me. Been to a couple breweries with cousins and stuff to hang out, but I'm not a fan of the crowds and loud noise at bars ( or at least the couple i have been to down in San Diego)

hehateme
02-20-2015, 05:47 PM

you need to have them check how far away from the node you are, could be a distance issue

TDMVPDPOY
02-22-2015, 01:12 PM
How fast is cable speeds in usa?

Down here they rolling out fibre 100mb connection

But costs blowout...ppl who can access cable they ppl to jump onto that with docsis3+ pushin max speeds to 110mb connection....still shitty data plans though dow here

ChumpDumper
02-22-2015, 01:30 PM
In the city I'm in there are three companies offering supposedly 1 gig fiber speeds in limited areas (I'm always skeptical of ATT claims, will believe Grande and Google). Our cable company maxes out at 300mbps over coax but that is available systemwide.

DJR210
02-22-2015, 04:02 PM
How fast is cable speeds in usa?

Down here they rolling out fibre 100mb connection

But costs blowout...ppl who can access cable they ppl to jump onto that with docsis3+ pushin max speeds to 110mb connection....still shitty data plans though dow here

:lol Australia.. in 15 years you guys will start experimenting with gigabit

ploto
02-22-2015, 08:18 PM
I had the same experience…UVERSE system crashed every few weeks…I made one last effort to resolve the problem before I switched to cable and I was able to get a real technician to the house… (An installer is not a technician)…He replaced every box & then re worked the phone line connection…He did not like how the original installers set things up…It has been three years now & the system has never crashed…My only complaint is that UVERSE raises their fees every year…
Similar experience. I had some issues and the guy who came out was great! He rewired the entire box outside and switched out the cord on the modem, and it has been great since then.

DJR210
02-22-2015, 09:03 PM
I've heard that AT&T are jews with their service calls too..they are trained to try and find something to blame on you so you have to come out of pocket and pay whatever fee for them coming out..fuck that shit.

Strange Love
02-22-2015, 09:13 PM
I'm thinking about dumping cable. I cant justify anymore. I dont watch TV like at all, save for the weekend where I watch a few hours of sports.

Keeping the net and possibly dishing out a few extra bucks for an even faster connection. Currently this is what I'm getting..

http://www.speedtest.net/result/4163675579.png (http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4163675579)

Greedy to want more but I need more fraudulent letters. :lmao

Aztecfan03
02-22-2015, 09:32 PM
I'm thinking about dumping cable. I cant justify anymore. I dont watch TV like at all, save for the weekend where I watch a few hours of sports.

Keeping the net and possibly dishing out a few extra bucks for an even faster connection. Currently this is what I'm getting..

http://www.speedtest.net/result/4163675579.png (http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4163675579)

Greedy to want more but I need more fraudulent letters. :lmao

thats way faster than me. I have like the third level up on uverse which is only 18 max download speed.

Wild Cobra
02-22-2015, 09:39 PM
Well, this is Comcast in Portland:

http://www.speedtest.net/result/4163706866.png