DJR210
02-19-2015, 04:41 PM
:lol

His kids need to put his ass in a home ASAP

RD2191
02-19-2015, 04:44 PM

His kids need to put his ass in a home ASAP
Take him out back and put him down, tbh. 92 years is long enough imo.

DJR210
02-19-2015, 04:46 PM
Take him out back and put him down, tbh. 92 years is long enough imo.

apalisoc_9
02-19-2015, 04:50 PM
White western culture SMDH.

I never understood why in western societies, younger relative don't just take care of their mothers or grandmothers..it's such a pleasing experience making them happy.

Instead they all have these retirement or home for ages where they visit them old folks once in a blue moon..

disgusting.

Honestly, I've worked in home for the ages in many apartment buildings and 9.5/10 they're all white Americans/Canadians..

Infinite_limit
02-19-2015, 05:20 PM

I never understood why in western societies, younger relative don't just take care of their mothers or grandmothers..it's such a pleasing experience making them happy.

Instead they all have these retirement or home for ages where they visit them old folks once in a blue moon..

disgusting.

Honestly, I've worked in home for the ages in many apartment buildings and 9.5/10 they're all white Americans/Canadians..
Americans are credited with being more independent at a young age. Some of it has to do with Americas immense size allowing kids to move out but I digress.

This translates to not baby'ing elders

Chris
02-19-2015, 06:15 PM
lol guy in the red truck

Franklin
02-19-2015, 07:21 PM
at least dude didn't make the mistake on a highway or shit, so I'd still rather sit in his car than a car driven by a bitch, tbh.

resistanze
02-19-2015, 07:43 PM
Youth 'n' Asia

Pauly D
02-19-2015, 10:48 PM

disgusting.

did you work in a nursing home or a retirement home? Nursing homes are necessary if the family have careers and/or a young family to worry about and retirement homes are fucking awesome (at least they are if they're nice). They're fucking summer camp for elderly who, for the most part, don't get to visit with many of their peers. It's the same damn thing as an apartment complex except with no young assholes and with medical, food, and activities taken care of. The idea of retirement homes being this depressing hellhole is that of naive young people

Pauly D
02-19-2015, 10:53 PM
just watched the vid. Was waiting to see which car it was and then BAM. Reminds me of one of the funniest South Park episodes ever

mMPzRXYexLI

apalisoc_9
02-20-2015, 01:53 AM
lol most old people I talk to in retirement homes are depressed as fuxk and just want to see their relatives..

I don't see eastern Europeans, Asians, Arabs, Africans, Latinos putting the old on retirement homes..they just make them live with them and take care of them.

Pauly D
02-20-2015, 07:48 AM
Great anecdote. Mine's the opposite. And ever consider the tiny fact that you see more because there's more of us in this country by far?

lebomb
02-20-2015, 08:25 AM
lol most old people I talk to in retirement homes are depressed as fuxk and just want to see their relatives..

I don't see eastern Europeans, Asians, Arabs, Africans, Latinos putting the old on retirement homes..they just make them live with them and take care of them.

Nursing/Retirement homes are necessary in alot of cases. For example, what would you do if you are away or at work and your old ass granny walked out of the house and got lost? What would you do if she turned on the stove, forgot about it and burned the damn neighborhood down? What if she accidentally bobbed for french fries instead of apples when you werent around? See what Im getting at? Elderly people need constant supervision that most nowadays cannot provide. We have jobs, our own kids and family and adding another elderly person that needs constant care is unreasonable.

:wakeup

Ginobilly
02-21-2015, 12:37 PM
Nursing/Retirement homes are necessary in alot of cases. For example, what would you do if you are away or at work and your old ass granny walked out of the house and got lost? What would you do if she turned on the stove, forgot about it and burned the damn neighborhood down? What if she accidentally bobbed for french fries instead of apples when you werent around? See what Im getting at? Elderly people need constant supervision that most nowadays cannot provide. We have jobs, our own kids and family and adding another elderly person that needs constant care is unreasonable.

Yup

And it's easy to take care of your relatives when you don't work and have extended family living with you for life. Some people like Lebomb said actually work for a living.

mavsfan1000
02-21-2015, 04:02 PM
After 80, time to have your license revoked.

FkLA
02-21-2015, 04:27 PM

disgusting.

:bobo

These are the same people that wiped your ass and catered to you all the way until you were ready to go out and live life on your own. I'd understand in cases were the parents were abusive/assholes but to put good parents in nursing homes is fucked up. Mine will always be welcomed to live at my home. If it came down to them not being able to care for themselves while me and the wife are at work, I'd just hire someone to come to my house and take care of them during the day tbh.

apalisoc_9
02-21-2015, 04:54 PM

From what I noticed from other cultures, they hire nurses and home care aid..

apalisoc_9
02-21-2015, 04:54 PM

These are the same people that wiped your ass and catered to you all the way until you were ready to go out and live life on your own. I'd understand in cases were the parents were abusive/assholes but to put good parents in nursing homes is fucked up. Mine will always be welcomed to live at my home. If it came down to them not being able to care for themselves while me and the wife are at work, I'd just hire someone to come to my house and take care of them during the day tbh.

yeah that's what people do...

Pauly D
02-22-2015, 12:11 AM

From what I noticed from other cultures, they hire nurses and home care aid..

yeah that's what people do...

Awesome. Great. Cool. Now take into consideration senior citizens that WANT to live somewhere on their own. They need care but don't wanna be a burden on their family. I guess that's a white thing too. It's their last version of independence

apalisoc_9
02-22-2015, 01:22 AM
lol only about 2/10 people really enjoy living in retirement homes :lol

most of them are depressed as fuk.

DJR210
02-22-2015, 01:32 AM
Let them be depressed, it's life. Everyone gets old. I've had a grandparent live with us temporarily, and it's not easy especially when they aren't 100% mentally there anymore.

Wake up at 3 in the morning to him burning shit on the stove and the smoke alarm going off..walk into my house and bust out gagging and in tears because he wants to wash clothes with half a bottle of bleach.. no thanks..

Not to mention being in a home gives them access to medical care that much faster. I can see it happening if you're young, no job, no wife and kids, but even then it's gonna be difficult.

Honestly, you come into this world helpless, and you should be ready to leave it helpless. Do the smart thing like my Dad did, and get yourself a hard working Filipina 25 years younger than you and you're set.

Pauly D
02-22-2015, 01:58 AM
Great stat. Since we're both pulling stuff out of our asses, here's something that may surprise you. Those 8/10 that don't love living with their peers in a peaceful and organized facility with people that cater to them, they're not gonna be much happier living with their kids and/or grandkids if at all.

z0sa
02-22-2015, 04:47 AM
92 year old badass.

mojorizen7
02-22-2015, 06:06 AM
Hmmm. I would imagine it's much easier to take in and care for your elder family when you've got 8 children ranging in age from 2 to 22 yrs old, the boyfriends and girlfriends of the teenagers and their little babies too...the welfare Aunt, the ex-con Uncle, the neighbors kids who don't have Dads...all living together in one home. Who needs a babysitter? Grandma wouldn't be able to take a shit in peace in that house, let alone go unsupervised.

Most white homes have 2 kids and a dog living in it yeah? There's nobody around to keep Grandpa from eating Alpo for lunch and wandering around in the neighbors yard.

UZER
02-22-2015, 08:50 AM
Needs the Benny Hill music

SupremeGuy
02-22-2015, 04:23 PM
lol only about 2/10 people really enjoy living in retirement homes :lol

most of them are depressed as fuk.Come on, you're straight pulling stats out of your ass. :lol

FkLA
02-22-2015, 05:21 PM
lol at Americans trying to justify forcing their own blood and flesh to live their finals years detached from their family

Once they're gone they're not coming back. Maybe then you'll regret the fact that your kids didn't get to know them very well or realize that maybe some of their mishaps weren't such a big deal in the grand scheme of things. Or nevermind, based on the comments some of you assholes will probably be glad once they pass that way the money you were putting towards that cheap ass nursing home can now go towards something more important--maybe weed or six packs.

~O~
02-22-2015, 05:27 PM
Everytime...you motherfuckers post something interesting here off youtube, I go on youtube tangents trying to find something similar to it. Then I get off topic and just keep clicking related videos. Fuck all of you.

Pauly D
02-22-2015, 07:01 PM
lol at Americans trying to justify forcing their own blood and flesh to live their finals years detached from their family

Once they're gone they're not coming back. Maybe then you'll regret the fact that your kids didn't get to know them very well or realize that maybe some of their mishaps weren't such a big deal in the grand scheme of things. Or nevermind, based on the comments some of you assholes will probably be glad once they pass that way the money you were putting towards that cheap ass nursing home can now go towards something more important--maybe weed or six packs.

You're not really arguing against anyone's points. You're basically just name calling now. You're also assuming that just because they're living somewhere else the family doesn't come visit them. The family can visit and get to know the grandparents or great grandparents just as much in a retirement home as they could if they were living in their own houses but you wouldn't think anything of it then, would you?

FkLA
02-22-2015, 07:59 PM
You're not really arguing against anyone's points. You're basically just name calling now. You're also assuming that just because they're living somewhere else the family doesn't come visit them. The family can visit and get to know the grandparents or great grandparents just as much in a retirement home as they could if they were living in their own houses but you wouldn't think anything of it then, would you?

How often do you think the average nursing home patient gets visited? How long do you think these visits last on average?

Let's be honest here, chances are if they aren't already they'll eventually become detached. Also chances are going to the nursing home for a visit will eventually turn into a chore for the parents/kids.

DJR210
02-22-2015, 09:11 PM
My Grandma on my Dad's side spent her final years in a nursing home, and she loved it. She was honestly happier than I ever remember her while she was there. She was a talker, and there she had plenty of other people to listen to her stories. We used to take her tacos every Sunday, and I can remember us cutting our visits short because she had her domino's or card games to go join.

Pauly D
02-23-2015, 12:47 AM
How often do you think the average nursing home patient gets visited? How long do you think these visits last on average? .

About as many and as long as it would be if they still lived in their own home.

Let's be honest here, chances are if they aren't already they'll eventually become detached. Also chances are going to the nursing home for a visit will eventually turn into a chore for the parents/kids.

That has nothing to do with the retirement home though. Those are just shitty people.

Pauly D
02-23-2015, 12:49 AM
My Grandma on my Dad's side spent her final years in a nursing home, and she loved it. She was honestly happier than I ever remember her while she was there. She was a talker, and there she had plenty of other people to listen to her stories. We used to take her tacos every Sunday, and I can remember us cutting our visits short because she had her domino's or card games to go join.

Nope, you're wrong. She hated it and wanted to be in your parents day to day lives with no regard for them. You're misremembering

DJR210
02-23-2015, 02:08 AM
Nope, you're wrong. She hated it and wanted to be in your parents day to day lives with no regard for them. You're misremembering

Yeah..I think you are right tbh. How selfish of my Father to continue to provide a roof, clothing and food for his family..we should have just sold our home and purchased a trailer, so that we could have used the remaining funds to take Grandma on daily trips bowling, Six Flags, out to nice restaurants, and to get her hair and nails done. I can't believe we wasted all those years not enjoying it with her before her death due to where she lived.

koriwhat
02-23-2015, 08:33 PM
After 80, time to have your license revoked.

60-65 yrs old!