PDA

View Full Version : Kanye West Just Went Off!!

TheWriter
09-02-2005, 07:45 PM
Did you see him on the NBC relief show?

Totally unscripted rant by Kanye that ended with:

"George Bush does not care about black people."

rl64tx
09-02-2005, 07:47 PM
Did you guess see him on the NBC relief show?

Totally unscripted rant by Kanye that ended with:

"George Bush does not care about black people."

Yes, I hope that worthless piece of crap, illiterate asshole doesn't sell another album!!! What a piece of shit........You suck Kanye and you are a disgrace to your own people :pctoss :flipoff

T Park
09-02-2005, 07:49 PM
George Bush doesnt care about black people.

Boy, took alot of intelligence to write that.

Does he have any evidence to back that up??

He does know that he declared it a disaster area, and that a majority of the blame rests on the goddamn Governor's shoulders for not deploying the NG quick enough.

mrcoon29
09-02-2005, 07:49 PM
I saw that! They cut him off. I was wondering who the f**k that dude was! Tucker wasn't expecting the camera right then.

rl64tx
09-02-2005, 07:51 PM
I saw that! They cut him off. I was wondering who the f**k that dude was! Tucker wasn't expecting the camera right then.

It wasn't written he said it on live national tv!!!

JoeChalupa
09-02-2005, 08:07 PM
Saw it and wasn't surprised but my jaw still dropped.

Brodels
09-02-2005, 08:22 PM
George Bush doesn't care about black people. He doesn't care about white people, either.

romsho
09-02-2005, 08:24 PM
George Bush doesn't care about black people. He doesn't care about white people, either.
Now that is funny.

JoeChalupa
09-02-2005, 08:26 PM
Personally I'm glad Bush finally stepped up to the plate and got the ball rolling after it had been dropped.

T Park
09-02-2005, 08:32 PM
George Bush doesn't care about black people. He doesn't care about white people, either

blah blah blah blah.

Clinton and other presidents cared more right???

JoeChalupa
09-02-2005, 08:33 PM
They all care.

timvp
09-02-2005, 08:33 PM
What Kanye West did is what being American is all about. He gave his opinion. Whether he is right or wrong isn't as important as the fact that he was able to state it.

Brodels
09-02-2005, 08:34 PM
blah blah blah blah.

Clinton and other presidents cared more right???

Why are you bringing Clinton into this? I'm talking about Bush.

T Park
09-02-2005, 08:35 PM
Defending shooters and others with guns shooting at helicopters and Fireman.

Yup, thats American alright.

T Park
09-02-2005, 08:36 PM
Why are you bringing Clinton into this? I'm talking about Bush

look at after Clinton

AND OTHERS.

SO you think Brodels, Bush was just riding around in his helicopter today playing parchese???

If so, you are a fuckin Moron.

midgetonadonkey
09-02-2005, 08:38 PM

I'm glad he loves mexicans.

Duff McCartney
09-02-2005, 08:46 PM
What Kanye West did is what being American is all about. He gave his opinion. Whether he is right or wrong isn't as important as the fact that he was able to state it.

And he is a moron. I know you like to defend the rap community but come on, Kanye is a moron. I love his music, but him personally, he's a fucking idiot.

It's humurous because he has absolutely no clue what he's talking about. The only time his mouth is worth being open is when he's got music going on. Other than that, just shut the fuck up Kanye.

timvp
09-02-2005, 08:47 PM
And he is a moron. I know you like to defend the rap community but come on, Kanye is a moron. I love his music, but him personally, he's a fucking idiot.

It's humurous because he has absolutely no clue what he's talking about. The only time his mouth is worth being open is when he's got music going on. Other than that, just shut the fuck up Kanye.

He's a bad rapper. I don't own any of his work.

I'd defend anyone if all they did was speak there mind.

JoeChalupa
09-02-2005, 08:48 PM
Just because you don't agree with his opinion doesn't make you an idiot.

Hell, you should understand that.

Jelly
09-02-2005, 08:53 PM

No TimVP. He was there to say a few words to get Americans to open their wallets and appeal to their hearts. He did not do that. He never uttered the words "donate", "please give", or anything else encouraging people to give.
He stole that time to go on a militant, 'America you're a bunch of racists' rant.
He was there to promote charity and generosity, not to offend half the audience. He wasted an opportunity.

People will still give - despite of what he said, not because of it.

blackbucket
09-02-2005, 08:54 PM
It was still an ignorant comment and he has the right to be so. There was absolutely no doubt the race card would be played over and over.

IceColdBrewski
09-02-2005, 08:55 PM

True. But it was still an ignorant statement.

Brodels
09-02-2005, 08:56 PM
look at after Clinton

AND OTHERS.

SO you think Brodels, Bush was just riding around in his helicopter today playing parchese???

I don't really think much of Clinton, either. Clinton's been out of office for a while. He doesn't really matter anymore. Did he care about people more than Bush does? I don't really know the answer to that. As for these "others," I'd have to know who you're talking about before I can really say much about that.

Bush, wielding his own style of conservatism, hasn't really done much to help anyone. His actions and lack of actions have left most groups of people worse off than they were when he was first elected.

I want people to thrive. I want the nation to thrive. And I can't support a president who does things to stifle peoples' ability to thrive.

Brodels
09-02-2005, 08:59 PM
As for Kanye, I don't give a fuck about him at all.

If he wants to stand up and cry racism, all the more power to him. I think he's mistaken to a large extent. I also think he's intentionally trying to survey the situation through a very thin lens. But if he wants to bitch, all the more power to him.

I'm certainly not going to listen to him now, and I'm certainly not going to listen to his music.

CharlieMac
09-02-2005, 09:48 PM
He's trying to sell more albums and he did. That's what's sad.

Cant_Be_Faded
09-02-2005, 09:51 PM
hahahaha

timvp likes to defend the rap community

timvp
09-02-2005, 09:52 PM
Yeah, I'm the defender.

Not sure what I did to deserve that title, but I'll take it.

:fro

Cant_Be_Faded
09-02-2005, 09:53 PM
that should be your new title

Rap's Defender
or
Defender of Rap

TheWriter
09-02-2005, 09:53 PM
Small clip of what he said:

http://www.anonym.to/?http://rapidshare.de/files/4662131/Kanye_-_Red_Cross_Benefit_NBC_.mpg.html

Bro looks pissed off as hell.

The sone
09-02-2005, 09:57 PM
I'm glad he loves mexicans.

esp. stir fried with a little garlic and onion....mmmm

jochhejaam
09-02-2005, 09:58 PM

In America being able to "state it" is a given, so what's really important is the amount of truth in what you say. Nothing like having the ignorant (Kanye) further polarize the races with asinine, bigotted and untrue statements.
He's the racist.

The sone
09-02-2005, 10:02 PM
link doesnt work...

timvp
09-02-2005, 10:10 PM
hey, everyone was told to get out of the city. you are a dumbass if you didn't.
and when people say "nobody came and got us" thats crap. why didn't the mayor(who is black by the way) get them out?

what does W have to do with that?

I like how black people(in that situation)are representing themselves on television......makes me laugh:lol

they better cool it cause they are showing their asses to the whole world.

Flash Gordon ... always the class act.

Kori Ellis
09-02-2005, 10:13 PM
hey, everyone was told to get out of the city. you are a dumbass if you didn't.

You know what, Flash Gordon - you are an ass. There were 1000's and 1000's of people that COULDN'T get out. Sure - some people were stupid and stayed in their homes, but many couldn't leave - 100K didn't have transportation, some were too old, or sick. And 10's of thousands were TOLD to go to the SuperDome and Convention Center as a safe haven.. the conditions there were horrific (they ignored the CC people for 4 days).

Bottomline is that they are DYING and our government (at all levels) needs to speed things up and get them the hell out of there.

If anything about this situation makes you "laugh" then you are a bigger idiot than the guy who thinks the NBA is fixed. Oops, that's you too.

Cant_Be_Faded
09-02-2005, 10:19 PM
jeezus they just showed 15 year old kid from mississippi thats WALKING to san antonio to try to find and meet up with the rest of his family that evacuated

the news van gave him a ride to baton rouge
but hes walking all the way
when they flashed back tot he news station the reporter looked like he was bawling

theres no room for laughs when u talk about this situation

Trainwreck2100
09-02-2005, 10:21 PM
Yes, I hope that worthless piece of crap, illiterate asshole doesn't sell another album!!! What a piece of shit........You suck Kanye and you are a disgrace to your own people :pctoss :flipoff

WRONG he will sell even more now, his genre ain't country where saying stuff against Bush ends your career. see *dixie chick morons*

Trainwreck2100
09-02-2005, 10:22 PM

He cares about the rich ones.

Vashner
09-02-2005, 10:44 PM
I think this needs to be moved into politics... err I mean the HATE BUSH forum.

ZStomp
09-02-2005, 10:48 PM
If anything about this situation makes you "laugh" then you are a bigger idiot than the guy who thinks the NBA is fixed. Oops, that's you too.

Slammed!!!

Snap, no you didn't!!

:lol

PM5K
09-02-2005, 10:52 PM
The only thing I have to say about this whole situation is that my ring tone is Diamonds From Sierra Leone....

ZStomp
09-02-2005, 11:01 PM
I have never ever heard of Kanye West..until tonight.

I consider that a good thing.

PM5K
09-02-2005, 11:04 PM
I have never ever heard of Kanye West..until tonight.

I consider that a good thing.

He's never heard of you either....

midgetonadonkey
09-02-2005, 11:09 PM
Is Kanye's new album any good?

ZStomp
09-02-2005, 11:10 PM
He's never heard of you either....

And?????????

Vashner
09-02-2005, 11:11 PM
Right about now.. .he's sitting somewhere taking a shit.. and like secret service is injecting a little chip into him for tracking...

Zombie
09-02-2005, 11:46 PM
I thought you peeps were talking about kasey Kahne! :lol

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-03-2005, 12:01 AM
Y'all realize Kanye wrote a song saying that Bush was part of the 9/11 conspiracy, right?

That he'd take this bullshit potshot at Bush is not surprising at all.

Sad thing is I like some of his music, but he seems to have that Hollywood thing where he thinks because his name is in lights he actually has a decent world view.

Fuck him.

midgetonadonkey
09-03-2005, 12:05 AM
I just saw it. I feel bad for Mike Myers. You can tell he felt uncomfortable with that whole rant. That was some funny shit.

The sone
09-03-2005, 12:14 AM
I just saw it. I feel bad for Mike Myers. You can tell he felt uncomfortable with that whole rant. That was some funny shit.

yeah i was rolling...no waynes world or austin powers shtick could save that train wreck... :lol :blah :spin that should have been on tnt cause "they know drama"... :lol

boutons
09-03-2005, 01:12 AM
When shrub retires, he should forget about Crawford and set up his retirement office in Harlem.

bigzak25
09-03-2005, 01:24 AM
Kanye puts out some good music. Jesus walks and Golddigger are great imo.

He is just JUMPING ON THE HATE BUSH BANDWAGON cuz he got FUCKED AT THE MTV MUSIC AWARDS...He Saw GreenDay Clean up after all their Hate Bush Bullshit and He wants his....

I was developing alot of respect for him as an artist and person, it's a shame that he has to make racist comments like that.

Everyone NEEDS TO CARE ABOUT THEMSELVES and STOP POINTING FINGERS.

OBVIOUSLY BUSH FUCKED UP AND DIDN'T RESPOND AS QUICKLY AS HE SHOULD HAVE....But I choose to FOCUS ON THE HERE AND NOW, NOT YESTERDAY....But I understand PEOPLE DIED and MAYBE SOME OF THEM COULD HAVE BEEN SAVED...it's a TRAGEDY... Godbless them all...Especially the Children.

ALSO, Missy Elliot got fucked as well....who give an award for best VIDEO TO THE FUCKIN GORRILAS INSTAD OF TO LOSE CONTROL...that shit is off the fuckin charts good...but no, lets give it to these wannabe japanimation muthafuckas that had ONE good song 4 years ago...whatever...

bigzak25
09-03-2005, 01:24 AM
and by the way, did Kanye TELL THE WORLD ABOUT WHAT THE FUCK HE HAS DONE TO HELP? Just Curious. Thanks.

Vashner
09-03-2005, 01:34 AM
The Kayne is short for Cocaine... yea. .that helps the black community.

Johnny_Blaze_47
09-03-2005, 01:37 AM
The Kayne is short for Cocaine... yea. .that helps the black community.

Except his named is spelled K-A-N-Y-E and pronounced Con-Yea.

Vashner
09-03-2005, 01:45 AM
hhaha nevermind.. I had never heard of him before that.

xcoriate
09-03-2005, 01:53 AM
What Kanye West did is what being American is all about. He gave his opinion. Whether he is right or wrong isn't as important as the fact that he was able to state it

So why did they cut him off?

Sonia_TX
09-03-2005, 02:09 AM
There is video on this page in case you guys haven't seen it.

Kanye is an idiot.

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/9177352/page/2/

TheWriter
09-03-2005, 02:31 AM
and by the way, did Kanye TELL THE WORLD ABOUT WHAT THE FUCK HE HAS DONE TO HELP? Just Curious. Thanks.

Kanye: I hate the way they portray us in the media. We see a black family that says they're looting. We see a white family that says they're looking for food, and you know it's been five days because most of the people are black and even for me to complain about I would be a hyprocrite because I try to turn away from the TV because it's too hard to watch. I've even been shopping before even giving a donation so now I'm calling my business manager right now to see what's the biggest amount that I can give. And just to imagine if I was down there, those are my people down there, so anybody out there that wants to do anything with the setup the way America is setup to help the poor, the black people, the less well off as slow as possible. I mean the Red Cross is doing everything they can. We already realize that a lot of the people that can help are at war right now fighting another way and they've given them permission to go down and shoot us.

Mike Myers reads his part.

Kanye: George Bush doesn't care about black people.

Mike Myers begins to speak as the camera cuts to Chris Tucker.

Vashner
09-03-2005, 02:33 AM
What did Chris Tucker doo? I missed it and the video is not working.

I respect Kanye's right to express himself. But at a neutral fundraiser on tv maybe just bad taste.

None of this stuff is going to help New Orleans and the gambling houses attract customers back. The louder they freak out the more people are gonna go to other places in the future instead.

Uncle Donnie
09-03-2005, 02:36 AM
What a tool. Even if everything he said was true, the whole reason he's there is to get people to donate. What he said can only have a negative effect on people's generosity.

Way to go, Kanye.

PM5K
09-03-2005, 03:01 AM
This isn't the first time Kanye has publically expressed his political views. It's really not the greatest idea to put Kanye on live television.

Kanye is pretty talented for what it's worth, you don't get nominated for ten Grammys for nothing....

whottt
09-03-2005, 03:19 AM
I thought the guy was sincere....he was actually down on himself too...

Then he said the troops were ordered to shoot his people and I realized he was a fucking thug...and a stupid one...I don't know where he is but every NO peep I have seen talking about the thugs says they were ashamed of what those people were doing...One woman said she was so sickened by what those thugs were doing that she would never move back to NO.

Anyway...I always get a kick out of someone who calls others a racist when he is clearly dominated by racial hatred. There are a lot of those kinds of idiots in the world these days. The jokes on them....as it is everyone who goes around looking at things through racial lenses.

And BTW...props to every single person in this thread for pegging this guy as an idiot. It renews my faith in this country.

SpursWoman
09-03-2005, 06:52 AM
I'd defend anyone if all they did was speak there mind.

Let me know when you and Kori take your 4 little toddlers to church one morning, or out to dinner....or pretty much anywhere, and they all decide to "speak their mind" all at one time. They will be pretty indiscriminate too. :)

There's an appropriate time and place for everything...I just really don't think that was it.

SpursWoman
09-03-2005, 06:55 AM
:spin

TDMVPDPOY
09-03-2005, 07:04 AM
Instead of pointin the finger at sumone to blame, why doesnt he do sumthing about it instead of talking. Wait his too buzy writin up his next album

CharlieMac
09-03-2005, 07:46 AM
When shrub retires, he should forget about Crawford and set up his retirement office in Harlem.

Don't forget the details. He needs to make it well known that he is opening an office there and get as much media as he can there.

Then never visit that office again.

JohnnyMarzetti
09-03-2005, 08:01 AM
Truth....some can't handle the truth!!!!

When Bush tells it like it is it's cool but don't let nobody else tell it like it is. :rolleyes

Marcus Bryant
09-03-2005, 08:41 AM
What a tool. Even if everything he said was true, the whole reason he's there is to get people to donate. What he said can only have a negative effect on people's generosity.

Way to go, Kanye.

Exactly. This is why now is not the time for the blame game.

Marcus Bryant
09-03-2005, 08:42 AM

When Bush tells it like it is it's cool but don't let nobody else tell it like it is. :rolleyes

Oh good, another motherfucker ready to turn tragedy into political gain.

Turn off the modem and go help your fellow Americans.

Vashner
09-03-2005, 08:59 AM
I think Bush could kick Kanye's ass in a caged heat deathmatch...

MI21
09-03-2005, 09:41 AM
It's making news in Australia even. "American Rap Superstar takes aim at George Bush" in little news updates. Gonna try and catch the full news see the whole interview. Myers looked like he didn't know what was happening :lol

ObiwanGinobili
09-03-2005, 09:51 AM
Small clip of what he said:

http://www.anonym.to/?http://rapidshare.de/files/4662131/Kanye_-_Red_Cross_Benefit_NBC_.mpg.html

Bro looks pissed off as hell.

link worked for me.

and I must say i was laughing my ass off. Mike Meyers and Chris tuccker just looked soooooooo uncomfortable. god that was funny.

yeah irt was a dumbass thing to say during a telethon..... but that clip is hilarious.

KEDA
09-03-2005, 10:30 AM
I think there was a little frustration in the speech he made as well.

Tust me, Im frustrated as well on how Washington DC has handled this situation too.

being a fan of Kanye's Im going to write this off as frustration, as watching the people suffer all week has taken a toll on me too.

SpursWoman
09-03-2005, 10:37 AM

So at an event whose sole purpose was to raise money to help these poor people who have lost everything....it's okay to spout off like some ignorant fuck without a single consideration of why he was there in the first place. He is an embarrassment to everyone that was there trying to do something good for those people. This wasn't supposed to have anything to do with politics or his own opinion.

Yeah, he's really fucking persecuted. I can see how you defend his actions.

If he wants to voice his ignorant, uneducated opinion...more power to him.
But that was absolutely not the right fucking place to do so.

JoeChalupa
09-03-2005, 10:37 AM
I know I've said some stupid crap when I've been upset or something rubbed me the wrong way. And I've done it at the wrong place and the wrong time.

SpursWoman
09-03-2005, 10:38 AM
I know I've said some stupid crap when I've been upset or something rubbed me the wrong way. And I've done it at the wrong place and the wrong time.

So that makes it okay? I wonder how many people changed the channel after that. Kind of defeats the purpose, don't you think?

bigzak25
09-03-2005, 10:44 AM
thanks for posting that writer...i've never heard kanye NOT sound sincere...so i'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt here...glad he 'went shopping' hopefully for food and supplies...and glad he is 'calling his business manager' to find out what he can donate, cuz as we all know, NONE of us keep track of our Finances...and we'd all be lost without our business managers calling the shots with regard to our generosity...

anyhow, he's doing his part, and i give him Big Props. As for Bush? Of Course it would be helpful if we had more troops helping out in the Big Easy. But we don't. They doing what they gotta do on their end. No excuses...time to cope, do what we gotta do with what we got, and take care of our own. I never gave a shit about the looters. People want to steal, let them. I don't give a fuck. Businesses have insurance too.

BUT, the muthafukkas taking shots at the aid workers and such, THOSE MUTHAFUKKAS NEED TO GET BLOWN THE FUCK UP. frustration or not, they are the lowest of the low, garbage. it's a damn shame They weren't killed in the 1st place.

If EVERYONE in this country just buys/donates ONE thing, all would be well.

Godbless those suffering, Godbless the Children. Godbless the deceased.

JoeChalupa
09-03-2005, 10:47 AM
So that makes it okay? I wonder how many people changed the channel after that. Kind of defeats the purpose, don't you think?

I don't remember saying it was okay. What I'm saying is that we've all, at least I would think so, have done this kind of thing.
Granted, not on a national scale, but it happens.
I just think he said what has been on some people's minds he just said it out loud and on national TV.
If it had been praise we wouldn't even be talking about it.
He admitted his own failure to help.
But that is just me. To each his own.
I can clearly see how his remarks have pissed people off.

SpursWoman
09-03-2005, 10:54 AM
I just think he said what has been on some people's minds he just said it out loud and on national TV.

What? That Bush hates black people? WTF?

By the way...since some of you also like to blow off the top a little and point fingers...as far as the lack of sufficient troops to control the city, it's the GOVERNOR of Louisianna that fucked up and underestimated the number of people that stayed. The troops were there, all she had to do was fucking call for them. That's HER job in the protocol on how emergencies are supposed to be handled and she didn't do it, for whatever reason.

bigzak25
09-03-2005, 11:03 AM
everybody fucked up. Frankly, the people that didn't evacuate in the 1st place fucked up if people want to start pointing. I know i'm packing my family up and getting the fuck out of dodge if i see that bitch bearing down.

JoeChalupa
09-03-2005, 11:03 AM
That is not all he said but again, that is just me.
But I do feel that the govt. help was slow in getting there.
The GOVERNOR does need to take responsibility for her actions.
I give major props to Bush for admitting that the response was unacceptable and kicking some ass to get it done.

JoeChalupa
09-03-2005, 11:07 AM
Okay, I'll do what Kanye should have done....and STFU now.

spurschick
09-03-2005, 11:18 AM
I don't know who Kanye West is and I didn't watch the concert thing last night, however...

I see more people with access to cameras and microphones expressing their anger and frustration, i.e. the media. Last night, Bill Maher referred to the media as the real "first responders" on this disaster. I loved watching Anderson Cooper go off on politicians patting each other on the back while people are dying. I see reporters being able to get in to places where the feds are saying they don't have access to. I see reporters letting people use their cell phones to get family members to pick them up. I see reporters offering first aid if they can. I saw a reporter last night help an elderly man, obviously stranded, alone and very ill, drink some water and eat a little bit of food. Most of these reporters have seen the horrors that occur in third world countries and can't believe these kinds of things are now happening in America. I don't know if this Kanye West guy's comments were accurate, but I can't blame him, or anyone else, for wanting to voice their frustration. I know they don't have TVs or radios, but I hope that those currently stranded at the CC, the Superdome, the Astrodome, etc. some how know that they are not alone and that the rest of America is really pissed off.

Johnny_Blaze_47
09-03-2005, 11:23 AM
I don't know who Kanye West is and I didn't watch the concert thing last night, however...

I see more people with access to cameras and microphones expressing their anger and frustration, i.e. the media. Last night, Bill Maher referred to the media as the real "first responders" on this disaster. I loved watching Anderson Cooper go off on politicians patting each other on the back while people are dying. I see reporters being able to get in to places where the feds are saying they don't have access to. I see reporters letting people use their cell phones to get family members to pick them up. I see reporters offering first aid if they can. I saw a reporter last night help an elderly man, obviously stranded, alone and very ill, drink some water and eat a little bit of food. Most of these reporters have seen the horrors that occur in third world countries and can't believe these kinds of things are now happening in America. I don't know if this Kanye West guy's comments were accurate, but I can't blame him, or anyone else, for wanting to voice their frustration. I know they don't have TVs or radios, but I hope that those currently stranded at the CC, the Superdome, the Astrodome, etc. some how know that they are not alone and that the rest of America is really pissed off.

Couldn't had said it better myself, M.

I had just turned on the TV and five minutes later, I see the reporter (from MSNBC) tell that he heard the 91-year-old man calling for some food and water.

So he gets down and helps the old man take little sips of water and bites from a MRE. It was pretty heart-breaking.

But it's true. If Geraldo, Shep Smith, MSNBC guy, et al. can get to the Convention Center, why can't any troops.

One story I heard late last night was that troops told people to start lining up at one area of the convention center for helicopter evacs and once they finally got together, they were told they ahd taken too long and that choppers couldn't fly at night. Wait until tomorrow.

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-03-2005, 11:47 AM

Look, I think we all agree that FEMA's response has sucked, and the governor has done a shitty job estimating their needs (she's the one who has to request the help before the feds can give it according to the LAW).

But that doesn't give Kanye free reign to call Bush a racist. I've seen enough hate from Kanye to have a pretty good idea of my own that he is racist himself.

So fuck him.

SpursWoman
09-03-2005, 11:48 AM
Yep, nothing gets me in the mood to give like some ignorant asshole bitching!

JoePublic
09-03-2005, 11:51 AM
Seeing people suffer after a disaster gets me in the mood to give.

Hook Dem
09-03-2005, 11:52 AM
Comments like this create racism more than anything else. Congratulations!!!!!!

SpursWoman
09-03-2005, 11:52 AM
Good for you.

Hook Dem
09-03-2005, 11:53 AM

You would politicize your own funeral!

JoePublic
09-03-2005, 11:54 AM
No, good for them.

Duff McCartney
09-03-2005, 11:54 AM
I'm telling you...Kanye West is a moron.

Hook Dem
09-03-2005, 12:06 PM
I'm telling you...Kanye West is a moron.
I never thought I would see the day but I totally agree with you Duff!

bigzak25
09-03-2005, 12:14 PM
you tell'em Hook...

and what fuckin adolescent calls our President Bush, 'shrub'

gotdam peeps, if you gonna call him out, you gotta come harder than that weak shit.

Call Him a Cocksucking, Mutherfucking, KittenKilling, Racist, PuppyFucking Motherfucker.....but not 'shrub'.

Hook Dem
09-03-2005, 12:34 PM
you tell'em Hook...

and what fuckin adolescent calls our President Bush, 'shrub'

gotdam peeps, if you gonna call him out, you gotta come harder than that weak shit.

Call Him a Cocksucking, Mutherfucking, KittenKilling, Racist, PuppyFucking Motherfucker.....but not 'shrub'.
Thanks Zak....have you ever seen hate rage on more than what Boutons and Marzetti spew? Pitiful huh?

JoeChalupa
09-03-2005, 12:37 PM
You tell 'em Hook!

No need for that.

T Park
09-03-2005, 12:44 PM
Y'all realize Kanye wrote a song saying that Bush was part of the 9/11 conspiracy, right?

That he'd take this bullshit potshot at Bush is not surprising at all.

Sad thing is I like some of his music, but he seems to have that Hollywood thing where he thinks because his name is in lights he actually has a decent world view.

Fuck him.

Exactly right.

Good post Aggie.

T Park
09-03-2005, 12:50 PM
I've seen enough hate from Kanye to have a pretty good idea of my own that he is racist himself.

Woah, wait.

Its ok to be racist twords whites.

Just ask the liberals and Iceman.

Its OKKKKK TO be racist against whites. Come on Aggie, get with the program.

Its also ok as a rapper to falsely accuse our president as a racist..

MannyIsGod
09-03-2005, 12:50 PM
I stayed out of this thread yesterday, I was hoping it would die. But alas, here we are on page 4 and people continue to call Kanye "stupid", "a thug", and god knows what else. Making a political statment that whottt does not agree with apparently now makes him a thug. Just goes to show how those of you who are sitting there calling him polarized are just as fucking polarized yourself.

I'm not saying Bush is racist, but there are a lot of you that don't know what it is to see your people go through what black people go through. And don't sit there and give me comparisons to poor white people because it just isn't the same. You guys just don't know the frusration of growing up in a culture where you're told to have a chip on your shoulder because of all the things that have happend to that culture in the past. You guys want to let Israel slide on the way it acts because they have people trying to destroy them. Well, black people in this country have that same mentality to a degree.

The man said what a lot of his people think. Whether or not it is correct, that is a different story, but he's speaking for his culture and he's speaking very clearly. Maybe some people should start wondering why they think that instead of blaming it on him.

If someone had given me a spot on TV, I guarntee you I wouldn't stick to the shitty script if I felt strongly about something and had that much passion in it. And I'm sure many of you wouldn't have either.

Like I said in another thread, I don't think the government is racist, but after a lot of racist quacking and a lot of racist waddling, you kind of start to wonder if it's a racist duck.

Ginofan
09-03-2005, 12:52 PM
I support the right we, as Americans, have to our own opinions on our government. And I'm sure that many people besides Kanye have been thinking and feeling the same thing he has been. Even that coincidental Yahoo photo caption series on the looters made me stop and think. I'm not saying that Kanye is right in his opinion though, because afterall it's an opinion and opinions really aren't right or wrong.

That being said, I do think it was a poor choice of time and place to express his opinion. The special was to urge people to donate to the red cross...I don't think he urged anyone during his comments. I love Kanye's music, I've haven't really listened to him as a person, so whether this is just fustration or if he's doing it for record sales, I don't know.

T Park
09-03-2005, 12:55 PM
Yeah manny, they go there slow cause they are black.

NOT cause the Mayor and Governor fucked up in estimates...

Nahh.

Damn white people, god....

T Park
09-03-2005, 12:57 PM
eople want to steal, let them. I don't give a fuck. Businesses have insurance too.

Boy.

Spoken like a true ignorant dumb ass.

(waits for, "You gave up on the Spurs you dont know shit" Standard reply"

IcemanCometh
09-03-2005, 01:11 PM
black people don't vote

Cause the crackas hold em down.

Clandestino
09-03-2005, 01:12 PM
everything negative in the world that happens to blacks they blame it on racism... stfu!

T Park
09-03-2005, 01:15 PM
black people don't vote

suprised you didnt finish that with a

"Cause the crackas hold em down."

Since you hate white people so much.

MannyIsGod
09-03-2005, 01:26 PM
Yeah manny, they go there slow cause they are black.

NOT cause the Mayor and Governor fucked up in estimates...

Nahh.

Damn white people, god....
You missed my entire point, but I'm not suprised.

T Park
09-03-2005, 01:57 PM
always gotta take your childish digs.

KEDA
09-03-2005, 02:06 PM
Look at how the governor for Louisiana has reacted (read reactive)
and how the Mississippi governor has reacted (read proactive)

I think the Louisiana governor was just sitting around and waiting for G W to do something about it, when Haley Barbor was DOING something about it!

That lady is stupid IMO, she should have been demanding troops instead of sitting on TV crying about it! The NO mayor was more proactive about getting things for his city than she was about her state! She obviously didnt know what to do in this situation, and her people are suffering because of it.

MannyIsGod
09-03-2005, 02:08 PM
always gotta take your childish digs.
No dude, you just always miss the damn point of what most people say. But since you brought up the childish digs thing. Lets take a look at your history in just this thread:

Boy.

Spoken like a true ignorant dumb ass.

(waits for, "You gave up on the Spurs you dont know shit" Standard reply"

look at after Clinton

AND OTHERS.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smiblabber.gifhttp://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smiblabber.gifhttp://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smiblabber.gif

romsho
09-03-2005, 02:28 PM
I don't really think much of Clinton, either. Clinton's been out of office for a while. He doesn't really matter anymore. Did he care about people more than Bush does? I don't really know the answer to that. As for these "others," I'd have to know who you're talking about before I can really say much about that.

Bush, wielding his own style of conservatism, hasn't really done much to help anyone. His actions and lack of actions have left most groups of people worse off than they were when he was first elected.

I want people to thrive. I want the nation to thrive. And I can't support a president who does things to stifle peoples' ability to thrive.

You could not of summed it up any better. I also like how every time someone brings up the failings of Bush, Clinton's name magically comes up. Never about the issue, always about the politics.

Vashner
09-03-2005, 03:52 PM
Bush could kick his ass... he's in great shape.

Cant_Be_Faded
09-03-2005, 05:08 PM
lol tpark...

Kanye West is the shit
i always hated him now im going to go out and buy all his albums

CharlieMac
09-03-2005, 05:30 PM
I'm not saying Bush is racist, but there are a lot of you that don't know what it is to see your people go through what black people go through. And don't sit there and give me comparisons to poor white people because it just isn't the same. You guys just don't know the frusration of growing up in a culture where you're told to have a chip on your shoulder because of all the things that have happend to that culture in the past. You guys want to let Israel slide on the way it acts because they have people trying to destroy them. Well, black people in this country have that same mentality to a degree.

The man said what a lot of his people think. Whether or not it is correct, that is a different story, but he's speaking for his culture and he's speaking very clearly. Maybe some people should start wondering why they think that instead of blaming it on him.

It is exactly the same. I grew up bouncing around town and spent a lot of time living on the east side as a kid and every single race is stuck in the same boat together in a shitty situation.

I'll never, ever, EVER feel bad for someone because of the color of their skin. I, and countless others have managed to make something of ourselves without pinning the blame on "the man" when things don't go our way. I'll say what 've said elsewhere before...

One of my biggest pet peeves in life is hearing people who are very well off financially, complain about the shit ghetto people have to go through. "They should have this, they should have that, how can rich politicians live with themselves knowing people are suffering everyday?", and so on. I don't see so many of them moving into a neighborhood where literally everyone is black or mexican though. Suddenly black and hispanic culture isn't so beautiful when it doesn't involve you flying back home after you've enjoyed all of the ethnic festivities, is it? Would anyone financially well off voluntarily move themselves and their kids into a shit neighborhood so they can give back to the community? I put that scenario up high on my " Shit that will never happen" list.

But a number of people have said that he has the right to say what he did. No argument there, he does. But by that same mentality we all have the right to call him a giant douche or a turd sandwich in response. Speaking of which, how were the MTV Awards a few days ago? I bet that was an enjoyable time.

Also, did anyone catch Jesse Jackson this morning asking people not to call black people displaced from their homes "refugees"? Apparently, that's racist now.

MannyIsGod
09-03-2005, 05:38 PM
I think the refugee political correctness bs is pretty moronic.

CharlieMac
09-03-2005, 05:43 PM
I think the refugee political correctness bs is pretty moronic.

To be fair it was Jesse Jackson.

You know sometimes he has great points to make, then he just goes over-board with shit.

MannyIsGod
09-03-2005, 05:44 PM
It was also the Black Congressional Cacus though. They just need a fucking dictionary.

Cant_Be_Faded
09-03-2005, 08:23 PM
yeah i heard that last night, some black chick was saying 'theyre not refugees'

i was truely shocked when i heard them bitching over that

Vashner
09-03-2005, 08:33 PM
lol Jessie Jackson said "THIS IS A SLAVE SHIP" when he was at the dome.

I know it was bad but.. some locals where tell him "get out of here and let the damn busses in" to Jackons entourage...

Shelly
09-03-2005, 11:00 PM
Think Jesse will run in '08?

Medvedenko
09-03-2005, 11:36 PM
Look everyone...I'm a fan of Kanye's music and talent. Obviously he's seen the devastation and is very frustrated by the lack of support/response from the Bush regime. Now, calling out Bush a racist probably wasn't a good idea and pretty pedestrian in the grand scheme of things. These people need help, and yes a majority of them are black and the media seems to skew the coverage of them looting....tragedy and malice are always shown first, then comes the footage of praise and rescue.

He's upset as the rest of the country. Living up here in Canada my heart goes out to all the people affected....but blaming one man is insular at best. Close your eyes everyone, listen to the words, not the words painted black.

duncan_21
09-03-2005, 11:42 PM

Yeah he does...as long as you can help him and his buddies make money at the cost of america.

duncan_21
09-04-2005, 12:00 AM

Agreed, while bush is making his buddy richer by fighting a war that makes no sense we don't have the nat. guard and the troops to respond quicker costing american lives during this tragedy.

I don't agree with what kanye said, first off dude's a rapper, personally athletes, actors, and musicians have ZERO credibility to me. I could give a F what some relief pitcher or some rapper who didn't make it to the 10th grade has to say about anything.

That also goes with most politicians. I hope he wasn't censored, this is America, we should have the right to express our opinion regardless if you are right or wrong or just plain don't have any idea what you're talking about. Hell W. doesn't know what he's saying if he's lucky enough to grunt out a coherant sentence.

whottt
09-04-2005, 03:54 AM
I stayed out of this thread yesterday, I was hoping it would die. But alas, here we are on page 4 and people continue to call Kanye "stupid", "a thug", and god knows what else. Making a political statment that whottt does not agree with apparently now makes him a thug. Just goes to show how those of you who are sitting there calling him polarized are just as fucking polarized yourself.

If someone had given me a spot on TV, I guarntee you I wouldn't stick to the shitty script if I felt strongly about something and had that much passion in it. And I'm sure many of you wouldn't have either.

Like I said in another thread, I don't think the government is racist, but after a lot of racist quacking and a lot of racist waddling, you kind of start to wonder if it's a racist duck.

Hey Ace...the reason he's a fucking thug is because he's whining like a little bitch about his gang banger buddies that were firing on doctors and raping little girs getting shot...those were the only guys anyone was talking about shooting.

And the refugees wanted to see those guys shot too, they were embarrassed and disgraced by the actions of these pieces of shit, some of them said they would never go back to New Orleans again because of those guys..everyone did except for this dumb fucking 10th grade drop out.

And BTW...Bush can't give the order for National Guardsmen to shoot to kill in this situation...he cannot power them to act as law officers...only the Govenor can give that order...it was she that gave the shoot to kill orders...

But dumbfuck isn't educated enough to know that...fair enough...but he needs to shut the fuck up if he doesn't know what he is talking about...because other stupid people might think he does, and a fucked up situation becomes even worse.

So his little Bush hating tirade proves that he's just a fucking ignorant racist hater.

He's the fucking racist.

jochhejaam
09-04-2005, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by MannyIsGod: I stayed out of this thread yesterday, I was hoping it would die. But alas, here we are on page 4 and people continue to call Kanye "stupid", "a thug", and god knows what else. Making a political statment that whottt does not agree with apparently now makes him a thug. Just goes to show how those of you who are sitting there calling him polarized are just as fucking polarized yourself.

Based on the content of your post you would have been better off staying out. His comments were racial in nature and anyone with normal reasoning skills would come to the conclusion that statements by a promintent black rapper declaring that the President "does not care about black people" has a polarizing affect on race. Do you think it promotes racial harmony?

And to suggest that someone pointing out the obvious polarizing nature of his comments is polarized himself further illustrates your ignorance.

Spam
09-04-2005, 08:25 AM
Sounds to me like Kanye struck a nerve in quite a few people.

And from the posts I've read I'd say racism is still rampant on BOTH ends of the street.

SpursWoman
09-04-2005, 09:02 AM
Sounds to me like Kanye struck a nerve in quite a few people.

And from the posts I've read I'd say racism is still rampant on BOTH ends of the street.

Nice way to insult people without having to commit. :fro

The only way he struck a nerve with me is because he went on a rant in a completely inappropriate place and didn't have any of his facts straight. Yeah, the embodiment of the American Spirit. Sure makes me proud. :rolleyes

He sounded just as ignorant as he obviously is. Nice way to perpetuate the stereotype.

Uncle Donnie
09-04-2005, 09:32 AM
If someone had given me a spot on TV, I guarntee you I wouldn't stick to the shitty script if I felt strongly about something and had that much passion in it.

So given a chance to help people who are desparately in need, you would seize the opportunity to spout your own personal views in a way that is potentially harmful to that cause.

That's pretty damn selfish.

angel_luv
09-04-2005, 09:32 AM

Yes, but all in good time. I don’t think the telethon was it.

. I see reporters being able to get in to places where the feds are saying they don't have access to.

I don’t understand that either.

People can say what they want. But those who truly want to help Katrina’s victims will put their money and/or time where their mouth is.
That goes for everyone from politician to rappers and to public citizens.

Clandestino
09-04-2005, 09:40 AM
easy access for a large rescue op vs a reporter getting in by a small boat or helo or whatever is different.

NameDropper
09-04-2005, 09:43 AM
I've heard some people are going to lose their jobs in FEMA for the terrible response to this disaster. Of course none will be from the Top.

SpursWoman
09-04-2005, 10:40 AM
I've heard some people are going to lose their jobs in FEMA for the terrible response to this disaster. Of course none will be from the Top.

Don't be too sure about that...Brown at least is a goner, IMO.

SpursWoman
09-04-2005, 10:40 AM
So given a chance to help people who are desparately in need, you would seize the opportunity to spout your own personal views in a way that is potentially harmful to that cause.

That's pretty damn selfish.

Exactly. :tu

JoePublic
09-04-2005, 10:49 AM
Amazing.