PDA

View Full Version : I just dont trust Manu anymore

UZER
02-20-2015, 01:42 AM
Not a bash thread, just calling like I see it.

hater
02-20-2015, 01:42 AM
5 TOs

at least 2 in clutch moments in the 4th quarter

nigga went full Evita

TheGreatYacht
02-20-2015, 01:44 AM
Manu wasn't the problem today, didn't play good, but wasn't the reason we lost.

... 1/11 was.

UZER
02-20-2015, 01:45 AM
Manu wasn't the problem today, didn't play good, but wasn't the reason we lost.

... 1/11 was.

Didn't say he was. I still don't trust him.

ElNono
02-20-2015, 01:47 AM
There's games were he certainly shows his age, tbh... expected from a 37 year old... he's had a fairly good season so far, but the Spurs need to rely less on him...

TheGreatYacht
02-20-2015, 01:49 AM
Didn't say he was. I still don't trust him.
I know, just saying before the short bus comes in and blames everyone but 1 player

MI21
02-20-2015, 01:50 AM
He wasn't great in this game, but he has had a quality season so far.

You can see he doesn't go to the rim every game, can't recall one drive with the intent to score tonight. When he decides he wants to he does still get to the rim and make shit happen.

davidbowie
yup he's old now. it's like watching your grandfather struggle with remembering things or taking a long time to get up from his chair. just so hard to see him pass to fuckin no one so often. maybe he needs glasses.

UZER
There's games were he certainly shows his age, tbh... expected from a 37 year old... he's had a fairly good season so far, but the Spurs need to rely less on him...

Yes but he doesn't seem to realize that. He still thinks he's 25. I really expect a turnover every time he touches the ball now.

ElNono
02-20-2015, 01:51 AM
I think there's certain combos you can't play without getting killed on D... Beli-Gino was too much today...especially with Splitter sucking up a storm...

ElNono
02-20-2015, 01:54 AM
Yes but he doesn't seem to realize that. He still thinks he's 25. I really expect a turnover every time he touches the ball now.

It's not even his worst year, turnover wise... he's always been around 2 TO/game (2.3 this season). The difference is he used to be much more impactful on offense when he was younger. Today he only took 4 shots IIRC...

Ultimately, this Manu shines as a playmaker, and with Patty, Boris, Splitter, and that second unit in general just sucking right now. Manu had his own share of poor games too though.

TheGoldStandard
02-20-2015, 01:55 AM
Manu shouldn't be running point

BillMc
02-20-2015, 01:58 AM
Bobo, Splitter and Patty are younger than Manu and playing worse. Foreign Legion isn't what it was last year. Manu's been ok, not great, nor bad.

spurtech09
02-20-2015, 02:06 AM
everybody is playing like crap except ducan

spurtech09
02-20-2015, 02:06 AM
spurs need to get there mojo

beachwood
02-20-2015, 02:08 AM
I don't trust Diaw, Splitter, Patty, Kawhi, Green or Marco at the moment.

Nathan89
02-20-2015, 02:08 AM
Manu doesn't play well unless he going all-out. He won't try to do that until the playoffs.

BatManu20
02-20-2015, 02:09 AM
Manu is going to be Manu. Nothing's going to change. He'll drive you crazy at times, but he'll also win you some big games. He's still extremely important to this team. We need him running the show in crunch time, despite his turnovers, because Parker's our only other option. No one else can be trusted to handle the ball down the stretch.

DMC
02-20-2015, 02:10 AM
OP, why should anyone give a fuck who you trust? Are you assigning the minutes? Didn't think so. You just worry about trusting that Frosty machine and watch it walking across the drive through to your car.

UZER
02-20-2015, 09:30 AM
OP, why should anyone give a fuck who you trust? Are you assigning the minutes? Didn't think so. You just worry about trusting that Frosty machine and watch it walking across the drive through to your car.

Yeah yeah yeah...stfu

EVAY
02-20-2015, 09:36 AM
Bobo, Splitter and Patty are younger than Manu and playing worse. Foreign Legion isn't what it was last year. Manu's been ok, not great, nor bad.

pretty much, this.

in2deep
02-20-2015, 10:04 AM
typical Manu. We should come to expect 2 or 3 mouth opening turn overs a game. But when his shot is also not falling and he is getting blown by, it's ugly to watch

UZER
02-20-2015, 10:32 AM
typical Manu. We should come to expect 2 or 3 mouth opening turn overs a game. But when his shot is also not falling and he is getting blown by, it's ugly to watch

Manu will be Manu, yes we all know he giveth and taketh away. It just seems like it's more giving away than in the past.

And yes he's had years with more turnovers, but in those years he was able to make up for the dumb ones in other Manu ways. Now it's a lot of horrible turnovers in 4th quarters with only the 1 in 5 games being able to make up for it with other things.

I still trust him taking a big shots off of a pass, but handling the rock down the stretch of games is becoming more of a gamble.

DAF86
02-20-2015, 11:58 AM
Manu started the game pretty well and then for some reason Pop didn't play him again in the first half. Then in the second half he hit two important 3's and played more or less how can you expect from him and then Pop again delayed his return to the game in the 4th prefering to go with Bellinelli (:lmao) and a Green that wasn't hitting anything. His last stint on the court wasn't the best but I saw him messed up by the inconsistency of his minutes, tbh.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
02-20-2015, 12:55 PM

What the hell are you talking about? He clutched the playoffs last year and only took 3 shots last night?

tmtcsc
02-20-2015, 01:17 PM
We can blame Manu all we want but last night was all about Kawhi Leonard. That was the worst game I think I've ever seen him play. He needs to stop taking quick trigger 3's as soon as he catches it and driving more. 1-11 on FG, 0-6 on 3's and 2-4 from the line. That was the ugliest part of last night's game. Oh, and splitter played soft as shit again.

hater
02-20-2015, 01:30 PM
We can blame Manu all we want but last night was all about Kawhi Leonard. That was the worst game I think I've ever seen him play. He needs to stop taking quick trigger 3's as soon as he catches it and driving more. 1-11 on FG, 0-6 on 3's and 2-4 from the line. That was the ugliest part of last night's game. Oh, and splitter played soft as shit again.

agree.

Kawhi has a decent game and we win despite Manu's theatrics.

Kawhi. STOP FUCKING SHOOTING THE 3s. YOU ARE NOT A 3pt SHOOTER AND NEVER WILL BE. GROW UP

UZER
02-20-2015, 01:41 PM

My OP want really about last night...more overall view moving forward. Last night wasn't solely on Manu.

Obstructed_View
02-20-2015, 01:44 PM
That was a pretty terrible possession, but the game was lost by that point. If Kawhi and Patty can't hit wide open threes in rhythm, it's going to be really hard to win games on the road.

Obstructed_View
02-20-2015, 01:46 PM
Oh, and splitter played soft as shit again.

Wondering what fucking game you were watching, tbh. Put Diaw in that sentence and I might agree with you.

tmtcsc
02-20-2015, 01:51 PM
Wondering what fucking game you were watching, tbh. Put Diaw in that sentence and I might agree with you.

He scored just fine but was out-muscled on the boards. He had one rebound in a little over a quarter.

Diego20
02-20-2015, 01:59 PM
Manu started the game pretty well and then for some reason Pop didn't play him again in the first half. Then in the second half he hit two important 3's and played more or less how can you expect from him and then Pop again delayed his return to the game in the 4th prefering to go with Bellinelli (:lmao) and a Green that wasn't hitting anything. His last stint on the court wasn't the best but I saw him messed up by the inconsistency of his minutes, tbh.

This.

Obstructed_View
02-20-2015, 02:03 PM
He scored just fine but was out-muscled on the boards. He had one rebound in a little over a quarter.

I know the plays you're talking about, too. That one where he couldn't keep Jordan from getting the putback made me yell at the TV. The worst part was that he kept having to rotate over and there was nobody behind him which allowed a lot of easy dunks, which isn't really on him. His inside play on offense was anything but soft. When your starting backcourt out-rebounds your center rotation you have a problem.

The Clippers were unbelievably physical in the first half and nothing was being called. Jordan just jumped over everyone with impunity on both ends, the hand-checking was out of control and Doc's definitely got those snowplow screens going strong like he did in Boston. They're going to have to figure out how to deal with that because if this is how it's being called in the regular season, it's not going to change in the playoffs.

Obstructed_View
02-20-2015, 02:05 PM
The Spurs do have to play the best team in the league tonight. We probably shouldn't be surprised that Pop's going deep into the rotation on the first night of a b2b. Beli and Baynes are going to get minutes, especially if guys like Leonard and Diaw aren't going to be on their game.

james evans
02-20-2015, 03:02 PM
Yeah yeah yeah...stfu
dmc is a piece of shit that likes to talk shit. ignore him and he'll go away.

Mikeanaro
02-20-2015, 03:57 PM
I just dont trust Uzer anymore.

TMTTRIO
02-20-2015, 05:16 PM
Sad that Pop still has to rely on a 37 year old so much. At this point he should be at the end of the bench getting spare minutes.

tmtcsc
02-20-2015, 06:02 PM
My OP want really about last night...more overall view moving forward. Last night wasn't solely on Manu.

I'm comfortable with him playing 15 to 20 minutes a night and that's about it. He's a big time player and often rises to the occasion but he cannot be relied upon to do it like he used to. He can't. He doesn't have the same athleticism he once did, and therefore not as much lift or speed on his drives. He's still way too careless and risky with his passes and he can't seem to make critical free throws. I trust him to make big shots in the flow of the game but not at the end when everyone knows he's going to shoot it..