PDA

View Full Version : I Love Baynes But...

-21-
02-20-2015, 01:57 AM
We're in trouble if he's our best big behind Duncan. Where the hell is the Splitter and Diaw that we saw last year?

Chinook
02-20-2015, 02:05 AM
Baynes is still the fourth big. Dude is awful on D. Splitter all the sudden can't catch, with is concerning.

ElNono
02-20-2015, 02:06 AM
He earned the starting spot. I thought he played well tonight.

beachwood
02-20-2015, 02:11 AM
Tiago and Diaw fell off the parade boat.

02-20-2015, 02:12 AM
He earned the starting spot. I thought he played well tonight.offensively. Defensively he was terrible. Splitter and Diaw aren't much better right now though.

-21-
02-20-2015, 02:19 AM
Baynes is still the fourth big. Dude is awful on D. Splitter all the sudden can't catch, with is concerning.

EXACTLY. He's still the fourth big but with the way Splitter and Diaw are playing, he is currently our second best big. Things aren't going well when your fourth big is outplaying your other big men. Not to take away from what Baynes has done (he's earned that starting spot for now), but we need Diaw and Splitter playing well if we want a chance to repeat.

BatManu20
02-20-2015, 02:20 AM
Splitter's always been a liability athletically, but he's made up for it with his good post defense. But for some reason, this year he looks like he's lost even more athleticism. Just really tough for him to battle out there with these elite athletes. He gets beat on the glass by almost every center he plays right now. Needs to pick it up cause he's an important part of this team's success.

ElNono
02-20-2015, 02:38 AM
offensively. Defensively he was terrible. Splitter and Diaw aren't much better right now though.

I didn't think he was that bad defensively, all things considered... he could've probably grabbed a couple more rebounds, but Splitter and Bobo right now are terrible, on both ends. Bad decisions, careless... maybe they give you a solid 5 mins, but it's too little...

dabom
02-20-2015, 02:41 AM
I didn't think he was that bad defensively, all things considered... he could've probably grabbed a couple more rebounds, but Splitter and Bobo right now are terrible, on both ends. Bad decisions, careless... maybe they give you a solid 5 mins, but it's too little...

Baynes is making like 1.5 mil or some shit. Tiago and Diaw have been trash this whole year. They aren't even living up to their contract for the year.

dabom
02-20-2015, 02:41 AM
Baynes is giving you 10X what you could expect from him and it's not enough? Fuck you man.

Silver&Black
02-20-2015, 02:43 AM
I didn't know that Errors hands were contagious.....

Splitter has got a case of the Stone Hands right now.

-21-
02-20-2015, 03:14 AM
Baynes is giving you 10X what you could expect from him and it's not enough? Fuck you man.

Calm down, I didn't say that. Baynes has done more than his share, but we need Splitter and Diaw to step up if we want to win. This is not a dig aimed at Baynes but rather at Splitter/Diaw.

spurraider21
02-20-2015, 04:34 AM
Diaw has been proven to be a massive defensive liability anytime he can't be hidden. And offensively he hasn't been as good as last year. That's the main issue with our bigs situation

Nero5
02-20-2015, 06:47 AM
Not just Diaw it's patty too recently. Baynes is doing his job and well enough to deserve his salary. We should be happy about that - he is exceeding expectations of him - the issue is elsewhere.

jeebus
02-20-2015, 09:17 AM
tbh this team would be even more fucked without Banes, and most of this forum over the offseason would've been happy to see him go.

unleashbaynes
02-20-2015, 09:21 AM
Splitter was pissin me the fuck off last night. There was one stretch where he allowed a few easy as fuck baskets, followed by him getting his weak euro bullshit blocked by Jig Baby Davis fat ass.......just an awful showing.

SequSpur
02-20-2015, 09:24 AM
I agree with this topic.

Chinook
02-20-2015, 09:40 AM
EXACTLY. He's still the fourth big but with the way Splitter and Diaw are playing, he is currently our second best big. Things aren't going well when your fourth big is outplaying your other big men. Not to take away from what Baynes has done (he's earned that starting spot for now), but we need Diaw and Splitter playing well if we want a chance to repeat.

I agree with the spirit of what you're saying, but I disagree that Baynes has been the second-best big recently. He simply isn't getting it done on defense. No way he shouldn't be on the bench where it's okay to be a glass cannon.

lefty
02-20-2015, 11:34 AM
Baynes is total horseshit

xellos88330
02-20-2015, 11:49 AM
Splitter was pissin me the fuck off last night. There was one stretch where he allowed a few easy as fuck baskets, followed by him getting his weak euro bullshit blocked by Jig Baby Davis fat ass.......just an awful showing.

Only reason why Davis got to that shot was because Splitter lost control of the ball on the way up. I actually consider him getting blocked fortunate because if he lost that ball it was a fast break the other direction.

in2deep
02-20-2015, 11:55 AM
meh, he went against Spencer Haines. He did ok. He's a backup big. Pop is most likely resting our 2 main bigs. I'm worried about Duncan not resting.

benfti
02-20-2015, 11:54 PM
Baynes is total horseshit
And youre a total fuckwit