PDA

View Full Version : Chris Paul..

Malik Hairston
02-20-2015, 02:24 AM
I know we're conditioned to dislike him, as a Spurs fans, and deservedly so, but was anybody else very impressed with his composure and leadership in the final minutes of the game?

He made every big shot, dissected the Spurs' D, made all the correct decisions, I just felt very uneasy about the Spurs' D whenever Paul had the ball in his hands, tbh..even when Danny Green forced him into that 8-second violation, it didn't rattle him, he just kept it moving..

Have to respect the way he played the PG position down the stretch of this game IMO..

RD2191
02-20-2015, 02:25 AM
Meh, it's the first time he didn't choke late against the Spurs.

HI-FI
02-20-2015, 02:25 AM
subtle..

davidbowie
02-20-2015, 02:26 AM
nah not really

apalisoc_9
02-20-2015, 02:26 AM
The biggest thing about paul tonight was his 4th quarter performance...

Made good calls and and was he really stepped up in the fourth...

respect.

tim_duncan_fan
02-20-2015, 02:27 AM
My favorite non-Spurs are Steph, Kobe, Westbrook, Joakhim and The Beard, tbh. Love their games.

midnightpulp
02-20-2015, 02:28 AM
Figures his 2012 "Best Closer in the Game" form shows up against us.

-21-
02-20-2015, 02:28 AM
Was waiting for him to choke tbh.

daslicer
02-20-2015, 02:30 AM
He hit a lof of tough contested shots tonight when it mattered. He deserves a lot of credit for their win.

wildchild
02-20-2015, 03:53 AM
Impressive Paul's game.

And Crawford, too. Great passes and such a smooth stroke for Jamal. Pop put Beli and Tony on him last plays and he took the advantage...Not bad at all for a 34 years old

spursparker9
02-20-2015, 04:20 AM
He got too many choke moments in the playoffs tbh

Brazil
02-20-2015, 08:40 AM
subtle..

:lol the criteria to describe subtle has been lowered a lot recently on ST

Fwiw I have always been fan of CP3. My two main issues about him are his ridiculous flopping and the fact at one point he's gonna decide to not be aggressive offensively when his team needs him to be in POs. For the rest he has been the best PG of the league since a long time

Old School 44
02-20-2015, 09:25 AM
Paul was good, but Crawford is the guy who put it to the Spurs. In the trade deadline thread, people mentioned Dragic and Jackson as "Spurs Killers". I don't know what the numbers are, but Crawford always seems to do well against the Spurs and should be added to that list.

Good player, but I don't like how he initiates contact on his jump shot and seemingly always gets away with it, sort of like Harden.

lefty
02-20-2015, 10:10 AM
CP3 was great down the stretch

He totally obliterated Enrique in the 4th

cd021
02-20-2015, 10:36 AM
CP3 was great down the stretch

He totally obliterated Enrique in the 4th

Wasn't Green covering Paul down the stretch?

lefty
02-20-2015, 10:46 AM
Wasn't Green covering Paul down the stretch?
Yes because Enrique was too scared

People who want to be heroes can't be humiliated on national TV

jsandiego
02-20-2015, 12:01 PM
When Green guarded Paul, they had Crawford handle the ball vs. Parker. When TP switched back to Paul, CP3 executed the offense. They were good at finding the defensive weak link last night. Did the same thing when Marco was on the floor.

cd021
02-20-2015, 12:40 PM
When Green guarded Paul, they had Crawford handle the ball vs. Parker. When TP switched back to Paul, CP3 executed the offense. They were good at finding the defensive weak link last night. Did the same thing when Marco was on the floor.

To be fair that 3pt FT foul call on Parker was bogus. Parker was late on that dagger 3 in the corner. If Leonard hadn't been so awful offensively, the Spurs wouldn't have needed to trot out Beli and Parker. They could have went small with Parker, Ginobili Green, Leonard & Duncan with Leonard on CP3 and Green on Crawford.

cjw
02-20-2015, 12:45 PM

Things like this make you long for a 3+D guy who can create his own shot. I love Danny but that's one thing holding him back. Marco can shoot and create when things are stagnant but his D makes him unplayable for certain stretches.

We lost because of turnovers (17-13, +6 off turnovers) and offensive rebounds (10-5). Can't fault Parker (no TO) / Duncan at all. Manu gave the ball away 5x and Leonard 3x and had one of his worst shooting games ever - was even missing layups Danny Green-style.

dochay
02-20-2015, 12:51 PM
To be fair that 3pt FT foul call on Parker was bogus. Parker was late on that dagger 3 in the corner. If Leonard hadn't been so awful offensively, the Spurs wouldn't have needed to trot out Beli and Parker. They could have went small with Parker, Ginobili Green, Leonard & Duncan with Leonard on CP3 and Green on Crawford.

There were a lot of bad calls last night. Jordan jumping on the back of Duncan being just laughable. The foul call on Parker was totally legit, he hit his arm before he went up for the shot, not just a grazing hit either, a hard slap and near the elbow and raked it across and off.

Horse
02-20-2015, 01:38 PM
Becoming such a faggot-ass james hardon league when you can kick the defender and get 3 FTs. If it continues this way they will ruin the league.

Obstructed_View
02-20-2015, 01:48 PM
There were a lot of bad calls last night. Jordan jumping on the back of Duncan being just laughable. The foul call on Parker was totally legit, he hit his arm before he went up for the shot, not just a grazing hit either, a hard slap and near the elbow and raked it across and off.

I was shocked at how terribly one-sided the officiating was. And it wouldn't have mattered if the Spurs had been able to make a couple of easy shots. I really think Duncan missing that chip and the Clips getting the three on the other end was what killed them. A chance to go up 11 and the lead was gone in three possessions.

lefty
02-20-2015, 02:33 PM
:lol det avy

heyheymymy
02-20-2015, 03:05 PM
bubbles parker in that av

spurtech09
02-20-2015, 03:23 PM
he was good against the spurs but he will choke in the play offs...as well as jamal Crawford.....

spurraider21
02-20-2015, 03:26 PM
Green was stifling paul a bit near the end, with the backcourt violation and the near steal on the trap with parker. CP3 made his big shots when

a) Duncan got switched onto him

b) manu took him 1 on 1 near the end

cd021
02-20-2015, 08:29 PM

I may have only seen the angle from behind. It looked like Parker was backpedaling when Crawford did his scissor kick.I was pissed that Duncan got called for a blocking foul when Jordan tried to jump on Duncan's back.

dochay
02-21-2015, 02:53 PM
I may have only seen the angle from behind. It looked like Parker was backpedaling when Crawford did his scissor kick.I was pissed that Duncan got called for a blocking foul when Jordan tried to jump on Duncan's back.

What a joke of a call. Just pathetic. Tough to keep from fouling if all it takes is for someone to jump on your back. Lol.

Malik Hairston
04-16-2015, 05:24 PM
Have to admire this dude, tbh..all jokes aside, he had an MVP-caliber season..

DMC
04-16-2015, 05:29 PM
So you're going to start dick riding another PG? Honest question.

apalisoc_9
04-16-2015, 06:53 PM
MVP season, IMO.

I said around February that it was criminal he wasn't in the MVP discussion.

Paul has to do everything on the offensive end and he isn't a bad defender either.

If the Chris Paul talk started around January the MVP race would have been about three players.

Malik Hairston
04-16-2015, 07:48 PM
So you're going to start dick riding another PG? Honest question.

I don't like most PGs, tbh, I actually strongly dislike Paul, I just think he's a great player, best PG of my lifetime..

As for Russ, I love him, one of my favorite players, but I think he's actually pretty overrated as a whole..

Leetonidas
04-16-2015, 07:53 PM
MVP season, IMO.

I said around February that it was criminal he wasn't in the MVP discussion.

Paul has to do everything on the offensive end and he isn't a bad defender either.

If the Chris Paul talk started around January the MVP race would have been about three players.

Based on some advanced metrics it would appear that Paul is actually a very good perimeter defender and an elite defender at his position, tbh. It's odd he hasn't gotten much talk despite him keeping the Clips steady all year even with Blake out for a long time. But it's probably because he has the perception of being a playoff choker now who can't get past the second round, imo

apalisoc_9
04-16-2015, 07:56 PM
Paul is by far the best LA defender, IMO.

When Griffin got injured, Paul and Jordan had to carry their shitty ass team..

Paul was the team, IMO...

BatManu20
04-16-2015, 08:01 PM
Chris Paul has actually had one of the better under-the-radar seasons in recent historyhttp://cdncache-a.akamaihd.net/items/it/img/arrow-10x10.png (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/), considering nobody even mentions him in MVP talks.

19 ppg, 10 asts, 5 rbs, 2 stls, 26.04 PER, all while leading his team to 56 winshttp://cdncache-a.akamaihd.net/items/it/img/arrow-10x10.png (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/) and the #3 seed in the West. Impressive season, tbh.

DMC
04-16-2015, 08:06 PM
I don't like most PGs, tbh, I actually strongly dislike Paul, I just think he's a great player, best PG of my lifetime..

As for Russ, I love him, one of my favorite players, but I think he's actually pretty overrated as a whole..
That's fair. You have to love Russ' tenacity but at the same time you understand the other side of that coin, that he doesn't make his teammates better. He's interested in being a hero, I've thought this about him from the start.

CP3 is a great PG, like you said, but he seems to find more creative ways to fuck his team out of the playoffs than any other superstar of his caliber. It's uncanny.

Malik Hairston
04-16-2015, 08:10 PM
That's fair. You have to love Russ' tenacity but at the same time you understand the other side of that coin, that he doesn't make his teammates better. He's interested in being a hero, I've thought this about him from the start.

CP3 is a great PG, like you said, but he seems to find more creative ways to fuck his team out of the playoffs than any other superstar of his caliber. It's uncanny.

I don't think you can win with a PG as your best player like Paul has been, unless you're an anomaly like Aids and his 6'9" frame, tbh..he's been asked to do too much, he's just too small for a team to rely on him to dominate throughout the playoffs against the best teams..

Maybe if Griffin becomes a Karl Malone(minus the choking) to his Stockton, we'll see..

Malik Hairston
04-19-2015, 11:44 PM
Damn, have to admire his leadership, tbh..

Malik Hairston
05-01-2015, 12:36 AM
Have to admire this nigga, tbh..has been dealt iffy supporting casts his entire career and has been unfairly scrutinized, he wasn't going to be denied tonight..

Some players would have pretended to be hurt after going 0-8 from the field and sat out the 2nd half, tbh..