PDA

View Full Version : TD not worried, tbh

ElNono
02-20-2015, 03:57 AM
Duncan is still waiting for the Spurs to play consistently throughout games, the method they used so well last season.

"That's how we usually beat teams. We grind them over a 48-minute stretch until we're able to pull away with a victory," he said. "We're at the point where we're playing 30 of those 48 minutes the right way. We have the same guys we had last year and the same experience we had last year. It's just about doing it over and over again."

pookenstein
02-20-2015, 06:00 AM
I love TD and I think a had a great overall game, but the momentum started to swing with his missed bunny in the third and the b2b threes made by the Clippers. I had the impression we were in complete control at that point. The game wasn't lost on this, but it brought LA back.

cd98
02-20-2015, 07:19 AM
Tbh, our bench used to destroy other teams' second units. That hasn't happened this year.

SupremeGuy
02-20-2015, 09:03 AM
Tbh, our bench used to destroy other teams' second units. That hasn't happened this year.Pop's rotations. No one fucking knows what he's going to do one day to another.

bklynspursfan
02-20-2015, 09:06 AM
I love TD and I think a had a great overall game, but the momentum started to swing with his missed bunny in the third and the b2b threes made by the Clippers. I had the impression we were in complete control at that point. The game wasn't lost on this, but it brought LA back.

went from being up 11 if he hits the it, to the clips coming and cutting it to 3. that was a turning point for sure. though he had a fine game, so its not on him. just could not get into a collective flow offensively

im like him, im not worried. i could see this team come out and look like we know they can look in GS. we know what theyre capabe of.

George Gervin's Afro
02-20-2015, 09:12 AM
we're just not as good as were we were last couple of years...

As much as I appreciate Manu his errors are far outnumbering his positive plays now.... the guy is 36 years old and he has done some great things for the franchise so he gets a pass from me...

Poolboy5623
02-20-2015, 09:28 AM
It would help if they had ANY interior defense. But I said it last year, the spurs need multiple guys playing well. Other than Duncan.... they have no one playing well.

DesignatedT
02-20-2015, 09:36 AM

:lol

benefactor
02-20-2015, 09:55 AM
I wouldn't be worried either if I had a whole hand full of rings.

Russ
02-20-2015, 10:45 AM
The Clippers hit their outside shots and Spurs missed too many.

Amazing how people read so much into so little.

ironman2886
02-20-2015, 12:00 PM
So you mean I shouldn't take ST, wrist cutting members opinions seriously?

TheGoldStandard
02-20-2015, 12:06 PM
If I had millions in the bank I wouldn't worry either.

T Park
02-20-2015, 12:31 PM

I mean if Kawhi Leonard has a mediocre game, they win....

cjw
02-20-2015, 12:39 PM

Exactly - had the same sinking feeling right then and there. Had we held the lead till when CP3 went to the bench in the late third/early fourth, things would have been very different.

And is pretty hard to guard him+Reddick+Crawford when Crawford is playing unconsciously.

quentin_compson
02-20-2015, 01:38 PM
Tim missing the layup and the Clippers hitting two threes in what seemed like 15 seconds after that was really a tough turn of events for the Spurs.

Wildcat67
02-20-2015, 02:07 PM
The problem isn't that so and so isn't playing well any given game. It's that we can't seem to get everyone playing well all at the same time. One week one guy will play poorly and some other guy will play well, then the next week they will switch positions.

One guy gets worn out from carrying the team because another has been playing poorly, then when that player starts to play well the guy that was carrying the team starts playing poorly cause he's been carrying the team. We just need everything to balance out and even out the workload.

spurraider21
02-20-2015, 02:12 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcH-u6QV2Uk

Sean Cagney
02-20-2015, 02:49 PM

Yep, we have said this X amount of times this year over and over though so after a while it becomes a norm. Expect it to happen again, soon. Not being negative either that is how this year has gone.
I mean if Kawhi Leonard has a mediocre game, they win....
Yep, which X player are we going to say that about tonight?

100%duncan
02-20-2015, 07:09 PM
30 and 11 at 38. Fucking god

SpurSwag
02-20-2015, 07:14 PM

Andthentherewas21
02-20-2015, 10:14 PM
Yep, we have said this X amount of times this year over and over though so after a while it becomes a norm. Expect it to happen again, soon. Not being negative either that is how this year has gone.
Yep, which X player are we going to say that about tonight?

Ya. I'm not cliff jumping by any means, but to some posters on here it's as if every loss is a fluke. It's not a fluke when it keeps occurring.

Sean Cagney
02-20-2015, 11:50 PM
Ya. I'm not cliff jumping by any means, but to some posters on here it's as if every loss is a fluke. It's not a fluke when it keeps occurring.Exactly, they keep making that excuse every night. They are who they are as a team right now and I am not cliff jumping either but that is the truth. They are a 7th seed and showing it, no more no less at the "moment". I hope they can do better soon but as of right now they are not playing great as a team.