PDA

View Full Version : Pistons: Reggie Jackson: 'This is my shot now'

spursparker9
02-20-2015, 08:30 PM
When the ferocity of the final minutes of the NBA trade deadline were unfolding, Reggie Jackson had been fast asleep in his Oklahoma City bedroom. Brooklyn had turned to Detroit, Jackson had been awakened and soon his brother Travis handed him a cell phone with Stan Van Gundy on the line.

Jackson, 24, had been waiting for these words, for an NBA coach to tell him that he wanted to turn his team over to him, that he had watched him closely, studied his character and believed he could construct a contender around his talents.

"You're my point guard," the president and coach of the Pistons said, and soon they hung up, and Reggie Jackson crumpled and started to sob. He couldn't stop. He cried and cried and cried. And, now, 24 hours later, Jackson was on the phone with a reporter, and it was happening again.

Reggie Jackson was crying again, because life seldom connects such angst and triumph in such a compressed period of time. One day, he's under siege in Oklahoma City. And the next, he was suddenly embraced in Auburn Hills. This had been so much to process, so fast, and Jackson was still coming to grips with it all Friday afternoon.

"I've always dreamed about this, and I was never sure it would happen," Jackson told Yahoo Sports. "Stan believes in me, in the leader that I can be. He believes in the player that I can be, and I've always imagined having a coach like this, an opportunity like this, in the NBA."

the rest on http://sports.yahoo.com/news/reggie-jackson-on-trade-to-pistons---this-is-my-shot-now-225540465.html

Bulaien999
02-20-2015, 08:51 PM
Beta ass nigga

Spurs 4 The Win
02-20-2015, 08:56 PM
What a pussy

spursparker9
02-20-2015, 08:59 PM
Report: Reggie Jackson refused to play game for Thunder because he wasn’t traded yet

Two days before the Thunder’s season opener in Portland, Jackson sprained his ankle and missed the team’s first two games. In their third game, the Nov. 1 home opener against the Nuggets, Jackson was cleared to play, but according to a source, refused to because of disappointment that he wasn’t traded before the Oct. 31 extension deadline for first-round picks entering their fourth season, like Harden before him. Jackson spoke at shootaround that morning, coyly saying he probably wouldn’t play that night. Immediately after finishing his session, he grabbed a ball and threw down an impressive drop-step windmill dunk — in front of reporters and his teammates.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/02/20/report-reggie-jackson-refused-to-play-game-for-thunder-because-he-wasnt-trade-yet/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

Red Hawk #21
02-20-2015, 09:12 PM
:cry :cry

Malik Hairston
02-21-2015, 01:57 AM
:lol shitting on Scott Brooks like that..

Leetonidas
02-21-2015, 02:00 AM
Detroit kind of looks like Somalia so it makes sense tbh

ElNono
02-21-2015, 02:02 AM
He did upgrade coach, tbh...

MI21
02-21-2015, 02:09 AM
Fuck they are emotional in OKC, what's that about?

daslicer
02-21-2015, 02:55 AM

I think playing in that shithole drives people crazy. OKC location wise is the Siberia of the NBA.

monosylab1k
02-21-2015, 02:56 AM

Something in the water turns men into overly emotional little bitches.

gambit1990
02-21-2015, 04:05 AM
Detroit kind of looks like Somalia so it makes sense tbh
:lol

when i had to go to detroit for business i didn't know whether to stay in a hotel or buy seven houses.

-21-
02-21-2015, 11:06 AM
He cried and cried and cried...

:lmao

JamStone
02-21-2015, 11:56 AM
Sounds like an emo bitch.

I won't have issues if he plays well and helps the team win. However, I can easily see him playing like blackhole Westbrook Jr. and then demanding a max contract after the season. Neither of those things sounds like an appealing possibility to me. We'll see what happens.

weebo
02-21-2015, 12:21 PM
Sounds like an emo bitch.

I won't have issues if he plays well and helps the team win. However, I can easily see him playing like blackhole Westbrook Jr. and then demanding a max contract after the season. Neither of those things sounds like an appealing possibility to me. We'll see what happens.

Pretty sure that's exactly what he wants.