PDA

View Full Version : we had a good run

davidbowie
02-21-2015, 12:36 AM
unprecedented really. after 99 who would've envisioned this. we dominated for 15 damn years. so many life long memories are cause of the spurs.

thank you so much big 3 and pop and all that contributed. :toast

:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

GSG4LIFE

Diego20
02-21-2015, 12:37 AM
Long life Spurs :flag:

trade enrique

Darius Bieber
02-21-2015, 12:46 AM
Too bad once Green, Leonard, Mills leave Spurs are going to St. Louis. No Mexicans in San Antonio will pay to see a 0-82 regular season team.

tim_duncan_fan
02-21-2015, 12:48 AM
I'm gonna need muy anti-depressants.

Seriously.

cjw
02-21-2015, 01:28 AM
Remember when we couldn't beat a playoff team last year to save our lives?

Darius Bieber
02-21-2015, 01:30 AM
Remember when we couldn't beat a playoff team last year to save our lives?

We still had regular beat downs on inferior teams last season. Can't even do that this season.

BatManu20
02-21-2015, 01:30 AM
...I'm not going to miss ST once the Dynasty ends.

heyheymymy
02-21-2015, 01:56 AM
looked this shitty last season too.

Darius Bieber
02-21-2015, 01:59 AM

Spurs were 40-16 at this point last season.

Sean Cagney
02-21-2015, 02:02 AM

Not even close tbh.

YES, and beat the bad teams they had to beat, this year not so much.

Darius Bieber
02-21-2015, 02:03 AM
Not even close tbh.

Yep. Nothing like the Jazz, Nets, Lakers, etc.. this season.

cjw
02-21-2015, 06:43 PM
We still had regular beat downs on inferior teams last season. Can't even do that this season.

Yup, unfortunately those are sparse and wins against good teams haven't happened regularly since November (GS / Mem / Atl was pretty impressive in retrospect).

Raven
02-21-2015, 07:14 PM
i refuse to give up until someone beats us.

Dex
02-21-2015, 08:16 PM
Gutless worms.

Russ
02-21-2015, 08:52 PM
Take a number . . .

Join the club . . .

Me? I love a parade . . .

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=178036

spurtech09
02-21-2015, 10:53 PM
ain't over yet

ThaBigFundamental21
02-22-2015, 12:36 PM
i refuse to give up until someone beats us.
I'm with you. As disappointing as the Spurs have been so far, they are pretty healthy, and there is still the last 1/3 of the season to get things right. We are down but not out, not even close.

Spurs 4 The Win
02-22-2015, 12:39 PM
I'm with you. As disappointing as the Spurs have been so far, they are pretty healthy, and there is still the last 1/3 of the season to get things right. We are down but not out, not even close.

This man gets it. We the champs, we need to start acting like it, they have to take the belt from us, until that happens, I like our chances.

Bartleby
02-22-2015, 12:55 PM
OP is a troll. Posted the same sort of bullshit last season.

Calispursfan11
02-22-2015, 01:45 PM
Lol, fact that TP, Kawhi, Tiago miss extended time and the team is still this good is pretty impressive. Stupid thread tbh.

Dex
02-22-2015, 02:57 PM

Assuming we can win in Utah, that will put the Spurs at 35-21.

If that means that we are only 5 games behind last year's blistering pace while dealing with numerous injuries and sustained underperformance by several key players...I'll take it.

Darius Bieber
02-22-2015, 03:15 PM
Assuming we can win in Utah, that will put the Spurs at 35-21.

If that means that we are only 5 games behind last year's blistering pace while dealing with numerous injuries and sustained underperformance by several key players...I'll take it.

Sure, I'll take it as well. But with the way they are playing now, I just don't see a 16+ game winning streak like the Spurs had last season.

Spurs 4 The Win
02-22-2015, 03:26 PM
Sure, I'll take it as well. But with the way they are playing now, I just don't see a 16+ game winning streak like the Spurs had last season.

Sure but whats to rule it out from happening. I think we will see the team starting to put things together and get on a roll as the season enters Mid March. They know they have it, they just have to rediscover it.

InRareForm
02-22-2015, 03:48 PM
There is no other team that looks like a monster like years past.... with that reason, still alive

MateoNeygro
02-23-2015, 08:08 AM
Spurs are the Champs until somebody knocks them out of the playoffs. They aren't playing well but that doesn't mean they can't play well. I still have faith.

davidbowie
02-23-2015, 11:16 PM
OP is a troll. Posted the same sort of bullshit last season.

and how'd that work out

Cry Havoc
02-23-2015, 11:17 PM
Not even close tbh.

Yep. Nothing like the Jazz, Nets, Lakers, etc.. this season.

We got blown out by the fucking KNICKS last year. In February.

Sean Cagney
02-23-2015, 11:19 PM
We got blown out by the fucking KNICKS last year. In February.

This team is not turning it around like that team who got blown out and they were not the 7th seed all year last year and won 62 games, they had won 40 plus by now. There is not comparison man. This team is the worst one in years.

Are you telling me this team here is going to turn it around and go on a run?

Harry Callahan
02-23-2015, 11:25 PM
I can't believe how far this thing has gotten off track.

Most of the key players have regressed from last year.

There is no sense of confidence in what they are doing. No energy. This group looks spent.

I figured this would be the level of play NEXT year (2015-2016), not this year.

The team was humming along like a machine late last year and I assumed that it would continue for another year, but its going south right now. It's sad.

Last year everything seemed to fall in place, but this year has been a really bad season for what the Spurs are usually capable of.

Cry Havoc
02-23-2015, 11:26 PM
This team is not turning it around like that team who got blown out and they were not the 7th seed all year last year and won 62 games, they had won 40 plus by now. There is not comparison man. This team is the worst one in years.

You said we beat the bad teams last year. I pointed out just ONE terrible team that ran us through the mill. Now you're changing the context of your argument. That is the definition of moving goalposts. Do you want me to find 2-3 more terrible teams who beat us last year? It wouldn't be hard.

CP48107
02-23-2015, 11:27 PM
unprecedented really. after 99 who would've envisioned this. we dominated for 15 damn years. so many life long memories are cause of the spurs.

thank you so much big 3 and pop and all that contributed. :toast

:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

GSG4LIFE

+1

Harry Callahan
02-23-2015, 11:28 PM

I don't see it either. This is maybe the worst level the Spurs have played at since the Pre-Duncan days (the lost 1996 season). I'm really surprised at the lack of pretty much everything it takes to win right now. This is a bad basketball team right now and I can't believe that is case eight months after an NBA Championship. Very disappointing.

HI-FI
02-23-2015, 11:29 PM
I can't believe how far this thing has gotten off track.

Most of the key players have regressed from last year.

There is no sense of confidence in what they are doing. No energy. This group looks spent.

I figured this would be the level of play NEXT year (2015-2016), not this year.

The team was humming along like a machine late last year and I assumed that it would continue for another year, but its going south right now. It's sad.

Last year everything seemed to fall in place, but this year has been a really bad season for what the Spurs are usually capable of.
This. I was expecting this next season.

Sean Cagney
02-23-2015, 11:30 PM
You said we beat the bad teams last year. I pointed out just ONE terrible team that ran us through the mill. Now you're changing the context of your argument. That is the definition of moving goalposts. Do you want me to find 2-3 more terrible teams who beat us last year? It wouldn't be hard.

One game you pointed out yes, what was their record last year at this point? It was better and their seeding? ALOT better. They did bad vs. the good teams I know that but I never quit on them last year and thought they had a shot, this year? I doubt it man. Their D is bad and their ball movement is horrible. They have 26 games left, that is not ALOT. I am not changing the context of the argument, they are alot worse this year so far and don't appear to be turning a thing around, last year they showed signs and their record was great. You can look all you want to as far a last year goes, three games in a row which is RARE for this team they have looked like flat out shit. They usually lost two last year and then the third went off on a team and won, this year after two losses it's a third and a whimper. Go ahead and look up our record last year vs. now, it's a good 7 or so wins more at this point if not more.

Sean Cagney
02-23-2015, 11:31 PM
I don't see it either. This is maybe the worst level the Spurs have played at since the Pre-Duncan days (the lost 1996 season). I'm really surprised at the lack of pretty much everything it takes to win right now. This is a bad basketball team right now and I can't believe that is case eight months after an NBA Championship. Very disappointing.I agree but we will turn it around man! According to some in here this is like 2013-014 in ways with the losses and nothing big and we will turn it around! I don't see it man, no way. They look night and day from last June man, not even close to the same team.

Harry Callahan
02-23-2015, 11:37 PM
The season has seven or eight weeks left. A bunch of things must change very quickly or we are gonna have one of the longest off seasons I can remember.

I may have to watch the 14 Finals again just to make sure it happened - I'm joking.

The Spurs did something very few older teams can do by playing at such a high level for an extended period. The wear and tear of three long seasons is rearing its ugly head.