PDA

View Full Version : Why we'll never repeat

testies
02-21-2015, 08:58 AM
Some teams like the Lakers try to build dynasties and get stronger and mentally tougher after a chip. Jackson and Kobe wanted to be feared and gave no fucks about the rest.

Meanwhile Popovich sends all the wrong signals to the team : Grows this pathetic beard ; whats next : wearing a hawaiian aloha shirt and a piņa colada to games?

Instead of trying to impove the team like going balls to the wall for Gasol, he prefers to send the message that the Spurs are diverse and hires a female assistant who won't do jackshit for the team.

If the team lost motivation and 'nasty', Pop is the first to blame. He tries to build a cute image of the Spurs, and the players only motivate themselves afte they get raped the year before.

Skull-1
02-21-2015, 09:05 AM
Uh, oh. Someone criticized Becky. Look out...

Bartleby
02-21-2015, 11:58 AM
Some teams like the Lakers try to build dynasties and get stronger and mentally tougher after a chip. Jackson and Kobe wanted to be feared and gave no fucks about the rest.

Meanwhile Popovich sends all the wrong signals to the team : Grows this pathetic beard ; whats next : wearing a hawaiian aloha shirt and a piņa colada to games?

Instead of trying to impove the team like going balls to the wall for Gasol, he prefers to send the message that the Spurs are diverse and hires a female assistant who won't do jackshit for the team.

If the team lost motivation and 'nasty', Pop is the first to blame. He tries to build a cute image of the Spurs, and the players only motivate themselves afte they get raped the year before.

There's a lot of stupid around here, but this takes the cake.

You really believe the Spurs are losing games because Pop grew a beard. Really???

Aside from losing the facial hair, what should Pop do to motivate his team?

And what would "going balls to the wall for Gasol" be exactly? What should the Spurs have done to keep him from choosing Chicago?

Budkin
02-21-2015, 12:04 PM
tbh who gives a fuck? 5 was the best title of all time. I'm set for life. If this is the price we pay for that experience, so be it.

hitmantb
02-21-2015, 01:18 PM

Teams that repeat have significant raw talent advantage over everyone else in the league, gives them a much bigger margin for error.

Back-to-back finals already drained this team's tank, physically and mentally, unless you have a player like prime Jordan/Pippen, Shaq/Kobe, Miami Big Three it is not really possible.

Silver&Black
02-21-2015, 01:26 PM
tbh who gives a fuck? 5 was the best title of all time. I'm set for life. If this is the price we pay for that experience, so be it.

Budkin.....

My nigga.

Plum Island
02-21-2015, 01:50 PM

Damn right. I can die a happy man.

Agloco
02-21-2015, 03:34 PM

Pretty much.

davi78239
02-21-2015, 04:03 PM
Maybe becky is sucking all of them off and making they're legs weaker?? Lol. Per Mic in the Rocky movies "women make the legs weaker". Lol. Okay okay seriously, I think they 're just drained and older and that hunger/fire isn't there.

Leetonidas
02-21-2015, 04:05 PM
OP is retarded. :cry Pop grew a beard and hired a female it's sending the wrong message to the team :cry

Fucking moron, does anyone on the Spurs forum have more throwaway posts than testies? Your posts smell like your s/n

Malik Hairston
02-21-2015, 04:20 PM
Maybe becky is sucking all of them off and making they're legs weaker?? Lol. Per Mic in the Rocky movies "women make the legs weaker". Lol. Okay okay seriously, I think they 're just drained and older and that hunger/fire isn't there.

Becky enjoys a different type of penis IIRC, silicone and potentially vibrates..

TheGreatYacht
02-21-2015, 04:32 PM
OP is retarded. :cry Pop grew a beard and hired a female it's sending the wrong message to the team :cry

Fucking moron, does anyone on the Spurs forum have more throwaway posts than testies? Your posts smell like your s/n
He's part of Harlem's crew. This is a good thread by their standards

KaiRMD1
02-21-2015, 05:05 PM

Yeah, that was my mentality going into this season. I got my championship that I wanted, couldn't care less what happens.

soxxx
02-21-2015, 05:11 PM
We wont repeat because we lost in extreme circumstances (.4, Ginobli foul, 28 seconds left). We should be going for the three peat right now, instead we are heading for a first round exit.

But who cares? we got our title, back in 2008 after we lost to LA, I really thought our days were over. Lakers looked like a dominate force while the Spurs were "aging". Im happy we won the 5th, honestly never thought it would happen, especially after the Grizzlies, especially after 2-0 up on thunder, and especially after 28 seconds. Be happy.

soxxx
02-21-2015, 05:17 PM
And we needed that 5th title so badly, it puts our run up there right next to Magics Lakers, Kobes, Lakers, etc.

And in 30 years when people look back at the Spurs, everyones going to ask the same question.....how the fuck did they win a title after 7 years? Did they have a different core for that title? Nope....hardwork and pure determination. Ill savor the 5 title for all time because it is seriously one of the most inspirational sports stories in sports history.

Hoops Czar
02-21-2015, 05:21 PM

I really hope the players and coaching staff don't feel this way.

davi78239
02-21-2015, 05:27 PM
But the media and haters (especially Laker trolls) will always say "yea, but they never repeated". Yall know how it is. We always seem to be an easy target.

TheGreatYacht
02-21-2015, 05:28 PM
Kawhi needs to man up

Leetonidas
02-21-2015, 05:50 PM
He's part of Harlem's crew. This is a good thread by their standards

Idk about that, based on his posting history I think he's probably serious

Arcadian
02-21-2015, 05:55 PM
:lol There is no systematic reason why the Spurs haven't repeated...it's just randomness. There are millions of random variables you don't control from one season to the next, and it's just highly unlikely that any team will repeat, much less a team without a superstar like the Spurs.

Legacy
02-22-2015, 02:51 AM

This is the same attitude that's killing Pop and the Spurs right now.

"Don't ever underestimate the heart of a champion..."

So where are The Champions right now?

Fucking sad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-1jgNhopNo

Sean Cagney
02-22-2015, 03:02 AM
How long was the Lakers longevity compared to the Spurs Testies? Where is Kobe and Phil now? Spurs were doing it before them and after them as coach/player winning a title from three different decades and a record 50 plus wins in all of those years! That is what I call success and longevity, Kobe has been envous lately quoting saying he wants to be like the Spurs coming back and he is somewhat jealous and so on, read up on that since you mention him so much to down the Spurs..... Right from the guys mouth you keep sucking off.

Repeat or not the Spurs success the last 15 years or so is UNMATCHED, period.

Aremid
02-22-2015, 11:12 AM
This is the same attitude that's killing Pop and the Spurs right now.

"Don't ever underestimate the heart of a champion..."

So where are The Champions right now?

Fucking sad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-1jgNhopNo

What hat ive been saying this whole time

palangi
02-22-2015, 11:37 AM
I think the OP poster should have stayed with how we as an organization rest on our laurels too much. Knowing this team is getting older we should have been looking to add younger talent and getting rid of some of the dead weight ie ayers and Bonner.

wildchild
02-22-2015, 03:09 PM

Stop smoking that shit...

DesignatedT
02-22-2015, 03:15 PM
Spurs were a very longshot to repeat this year for any logical fan. Many things working against the Spurs this season all things considered. This year is much different then past post-championship years.

If you are talking about past chances to repeat (04,06,08) then fine. But this year has many different characteristics and circumstances to it when compared to those seasons. Anyone with a brain understands that and enjoys the fact that we somehow got #5.

Johnny RIngo
02-22-2015, 03:34 PM
Tony Parker has always been the reason. Choked against the Lakers in 2004. Sucked against the Mavs while Duncan/Manu were carrying the team in 2006. Now he's leading the team out of the playoffs with his cancerous play and stunting the development of guys like Joseph.

Skull-1
02-23-2015, 11:13 AM
Parker Porker is old for his age. Lots of mileage. Also, speed was his main strength. If he has lost even a fraction of a step his effectiveness takes a huge hit.

Besides, he's French so he can be expected to surrender.

Chomag
02-23-2015, 12:14 PM
I wont underestimate the heart of a champion once I see the team start playing with heart.

Cry Havoc
02-23-2015, 01:23 PM
People like testies ground their kids for not being able to dunk as an 8th grader, despite never even touching the rim themselves.

Mr Bones
02-23-2015, 02:55 PM
OP sounds like an hysterical hairdresser. Part of the problem this year is Pop's beard? Good lord....

Silver&Black
02-23-2015, 02:57 PM
I wont underestimate the heart of a champion once I see the team start playing with heart.

Channeling your inner Rudy Tomjanovich.....I like it.

Sean Cagney
02-23-2015, 03:45 PM
OP sounds like an hysterical hairdresser. Part of the problem this year is Pop's beard? Good lord....

Anyone who blames a bear for the teams play in all reality is just grasping at straws man, everyone on earth knows stupid superstitions like that are for the birds.

therealtruth
02-23-2015, 08:18 PM
What hat ive been saying this whole time

Unfortunately we don't have a hall of fame center at the peak of his ability to bail us out.