PDA

View Full Version : Pistons: Reggie Jackson rebukes bad guy label, happy for fresh slate

spursparker9
02-21-2015, 12:23 PM
"It's annoying that people can test your character," the new Pistons point guard said in his first comments to the Detroit media following tonight's 100-91 victory over the Chicago Bulls. "Nobody understands the days that I didn't play as a rookie. I'd get up at 2 a.m., drive 30 minutes to check on a teammate to try to make sure his head's focused.

"There were a bunch of sacrifices I felt like I made so to be pointed out as the bad guy? I don't know if anybody realizes it, in 14 minutes I can try to help change the game, but I can't necessarily win the game. It's like everybody expected me to change the culture by being in there for 10 minutes. I don't get it, but I'm past it now. I can't focus on it now, I got to put it behind me. I'm happy I have a fresh slate here and I'm just trying to make something special with these group of guys. Everybody looks like they're happy for each other's success."

"I wish them the best," Jackson said. "I don't think they said anything necessarily negative. Kevin, I really don't think he said anything at all. There's no animosity. I had a special four years with those guys and the rest of the team. They trying to build something special. They're still trying to make a push for the playoffs and they hope to be the ones standing, holding the trophy at the end of the day. That's the aspirations we have here.

"No hard feelings. It was time and we parted ways. I wish those guys the best. I hope they wish me the best, but here are my teammates now."

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nba/pistons/2015/02/21/detroit-pistons-reggie-jackson/23787069/