PDA

View Full Version : Interesting numbers, tbh..

Malik Hairston
02-21-2015, 01:27 PM
Guards in the NBA that have a VORP below 0:

http://i61.tinypic.com/27ymvbp.png

Ugh, that's some ugly company to keep..

apalisoc_9
02-21-2015, 01:30 PM
:lmao

Inb4 rique fanboys....

Malik Hairston
02-21-2015, 01:34 PM
I'm not laughing about it, G, it's just hurting the team, at this point..it was a little entertaining baiting and mocking Parker fans at first, but now it's just sad..it's a cancer that is quickly spreading and destroying our Spurs..

Let's hope the chemo resolves this before it's too late, hopefully the current pain is worth enduring..

Plum Island
02-21-2015, 01:37 PM
We can only hope he gets it together- this team needs him. They need Kawhi to get more consistent, Diaw to act like he cares again, play focused team defense for the full 48 and regain that mental edge.
Among a host of other things that can be discussed along with Parker's clear decline.

Or we can be internet pussies and get "Inb4 rique fanboys...." posts in for no good reason except to look like an internet pussy.
That's cool also.

Silver&Black
02-21-2015, 02:01 PM
I'm not laughing about it, G, it's just hurting the team, at this point..it was a little entertaining baiting and mocking Parker fans at first, but now it's just sad..it's a cancer that is quickly spreading and destroying our Spurs..

Let's hope the chemo resolves this before it's too late, hopefully the current pain is worth enduring..

Well said.....it's really not that funny. We need the guy....simple as that. He's not going to be traded or benched. Might as well get used to it now.

We can only hope he gets it together- this team needs him. They need Kawhi to get more consistent, Diaw to act like he cares again, play focused team defense for the full 48 and regain that mental edge.
Among a host of other things that can be discussed along with Parker's clear decline.

Or we can be internet pussies and get "Inb4 rique fanboys...." posts in for no good reason except to look like an internet pussy.
That's cool also.

Also, well said. As bad as TP has been, other guys like Splitter and Diaw also need to step up. Splitter looks like he's lost on both end of the court right now. Diaw looks uncomfortable. Last year, he would take the top of the key three with no hesitation....this year he wants to pump-fake, drive to the lane, and immediately pass the ball back. And that's just the offensive side....the defense for both guys is just as atrocious.

The "Inb4 rique fanboys" line is just pathetic.....there is not one "rique fanboy" on this site that won't admit he's having a bad year. It's like we know....for the 10,000th time....we all know TP sucks right now. Saying it for the 10,001st time isn't going to change anything.

Clipper Nation
02-21-2015, 02:05 PM
Enrique = Auscrub Rivers confirmed :lol

FkLA
02-21-2015, 02:18 PM
Spurs could use the old Rique but they don't 'need' him. Plus speed doesn't magically return once it's gone. Just their defense alone would make both CoJo and Patty huge upgrades. The Spurs were hanging with good teams during that rough stretch in December...and that was w/o Rique and Kawhi and Im pretty sure we are all smart enough to realize that Kawhi isn't the problem.

I hope Pop shuts him down. Rids the team of the cancer and salvages his ego since Im sure the decline must be a hard pill to swallow for an egocentric player like Enrique.

Malik Hairston
02-21-2015, 02:32 PM
Spurs could use the old Rique but they don't 'need' him. Plus speed doesn't magically return once it's gone. Just their defense alone would make both CoJo and Patty huge upgrades. The Spurs were hanging with good teams during that rough stretch in December...and that was w/o Rique and Kawhi and Im pretty sure we are all smart enough to realize that Kawhi isn't the problem.

I hope Pop shuts him down. Rids the team of the cancer and salvages his ego since Im sure the decline must be a hard pill to swallow for an egocentric player like Enrique.

His decline last year was masked by Diaw's playmaking, Manu playing at his highest level since 2011, along with Mills' emergence..unfortunately, this year, all 3 of those guys are not playing well, exacerbated by Splitter no longer effectively anchoring the D + Kawhi's inconsistencies with injuries and rhythm..

I don't know how he fell off this badly, though..in last year's playoffs, even with his struggles, he was still a slightly above average player..this year, he's literally one of the worst PGs in the NBA..it's not age(unless it pertains to aging leading to the subsequent injury problems), players slowly decline, it's not this type of dramatic drop-off in such a small amount of time..

Probably a product of injuries + getting fat..

Mr Bones
02-21-2015, 03:02 PM

Mouth is Bleeding
02-21-2015, 03:07 PM
There is little doubt we would be better right now with Joseph and Mills as the rotation guards. We would also be one of the favorites for the title.

Tony better raise his level (get right physically?) or it is indeed doom with him in a key role.

I really can see Pop just dropping him when it really counts if things are this bad but maybe I'm too optimistic.

Even when Tony has some run-good going when it comes to scoring he more than gives it away on the other end, and he is the only Spur who is clearly not even competing sometimes.

Malik Hairston
02-21-2015, 03:16 PM
There is little doubt we would be better right now with Joseph and Mills as the rotation guards. We would also be one of the favorites for the title.

Tony better raise his level (get right physically?) or it is indeed doom with him in a key role.

I really can see Pop just dropping him when it really counts if things are this bad but maybe I'm too optimistic.

Even when Tony has some run-good going when it comes to scoring he more than gives it away on the other end, and he is the only Spur who is clearly not even competing sometimes.

Look at his body, tbh, there's a clear weight gain..chubby face + runs slower than Duncan..

ace3g
02-21-2015, 03:17 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B-ZO_dnCUAAIDgZ.jpg:large

SpurPadre
02-21-2015, 04:02 PM
More interesting numbers, tbh:

TP ranks 78 out of 79 eligible PGs in Wins Above Replacement at -2.55 and 77 out of 79 in Real Plus Minus numbers at -5.95. CoJo ranks 19th in both categories while Mills ranks 30 and 43rd respectively. To give you a better perspective on how bad this is, Jameer Nelson is ranked ahead of TP in these categories with similar minutes played.

timtonymanu
02-21-2015, 04:03 PM
:cry I don't like those stats. He's been scoring more lately, so that means he's getting back to form.

Malik Hairston
02-21-2015, 04:05 PM
Ya, Joseph ranks well in virtually any advanced metric, and it's not just a matter of minutes played, as he has played a substantial amount, this season..

As much as I disliked him in the past, I have to say that he was really having a great season until being demoted..it wasn't bench minutes, too, he was playing against opposing starters and playing them to a draw/outplaying them..

FkLA
02-21-2015, 04:07 PM

TP ranks 78 out of 79 eligible PGs in Wins Above Replacement at -2.55 and 77 out of 79 in Real Plus Minus numbers at -5.95. CoJo ranks 19th in both categories while Mills ranks 30 and 43rd respectively. To give you a better perspective on how bad this is, Jameer Nelson is ranked ahead of TP in these categories with similar minutes played.

:pctoss

I wish we Tonya Harding was a Spurs fan tbh.

lefty
02-21-2015, 04:08 PM
hater TheGreatYacht

stop hiding and man up

Malik Hairston
02-21-2015, 04:08 PM
:pctoss

I wish we Tonya Harding was a Spurs fan tbh.

:lmao..

FkLA
02-21-2015, 04:10 PM
:cry I don't like those stats. He's been scoring more lately, so that means he's getting back to form.

http://icons.iconarchive.com/icons/saki/snowish/128/Arrow-up-icon.png ascending: Tony Parker

Bit by bit, game by game, Parker is starting to round into form. He got blown up on a couple of defensive assignments tonight, but overall it was a pretty solid performance. 6-10 shooting and some good ball movement both on and off the ball highlighted a game where Parker was able to control much of the tempo. His passing is still a bit errant, but Parker has seemed more sure of his probing drives into the lane over the past week or so, and did a pretty good job of creating space with his body to allow for some easy layups in the lane tonight.

http://iconizer.net/files/Human_o2/orig/old-go-down.png falling: Cory Joseph

Not sure what happened to our backup point guard, but recently he has found his way directly into :pop: 's doghouse. Cory wasn't great tonight in his time on the court, and seemed to force a lot of the action despite making a few nice plays. Cory didn't score in 9:22 of play tonight and picked up a couple of fouls. Not time to panic yet, but if you enjoy Joseph's game, you probably won't be seeing much of it anytime soon. I have come to expect more from Cojo, but as we all know, expectation is the root of all heartache. With Mills firing away, it's uncertain if Joseph will have a chance to see meaningful minutes anytime soon.

Malik Hairston
02-21-2015, 04:12 PM
http://icons.iconarchive.com/icons/saki/snowish/128/Arrow-up-icon.pngascending: Tony Parker

Bit by bit, game by game, Parker is starting to round into form. He got blown up on a couple of defensive assignments tonight, but overall it was a pretty solid performance. 6-10 shooting and some good ball movement both on and off the ball highlighted a game where Parker was able to control much of the tempo. His passing is still a bit errant, but Parker has seemed more sure of his probing drives into the lane over the past week or so, and did a pretty good job of creating space with his body to allow for some easy layups in the lane tonight.

http://iconizer.net/files/Human_o2/orig/old-go-down.png falling: Cory Joseph

Not sure what happened to our backup point guard, but recently he has found his way directly into :pop: 's doghouse. Cory wasn't great tonight in his time on the court, and seemed to force a lot of the action despite making a few nice plays. Cory didn't score in 9:22 of play tonight and picked up a couple of fouls. Not time to panic yet, but if you enjoy Joseph's game, you probably won't be seeing much of it anytime soon. I have come to expect more from Cojo, but as we all know, expectation is the root of all heartache. With Mills firing away, it's uncertain if Joseph will have a chance to see meaningful minutes anytime soon.

:lmao:lmao:lmao..

weebo
02-21-2015, 04:17 PM
I agree. Cojo doesn't deserve to be riding behind Parker or Mills. He may have his own flaws but up to this point he's shown to be the better pg, which isn't saying much.

SupremeGuy
02-21-2015, 05:58 PM

TP ranks 78 out of 79 eligible PGs in Wins Above Replacement at -2.55 and 77 out of 79 in Real Plus Minus numbers at -5.95. CoJo ranks 19th in both categories while Mills ranks 30 and 43rd respectively. To give you a better perspective on how bad this is, Jameer Nelson is ranked ahead of TP in these categories with similar minutes played.Fuck. That hurts.

It has to have a mental affect on the team when they know they have a better PG guard right there on the bench, but that Pop's stubborn loyalty to TP will keep him from starting him or playing him big minutes. I really can't blame the team for looking like they don't give a shit, tbh; not when the coach isn't playing his best players.

tholdren
02-21-2015, 06:16 PM
Unfortunately, the same thing that makes pop a great coach also is his downfall. Riding with old fucks, loyalty, systemic, hold the course.....
Tony will get better, the chemistry will get better.

The seed doesn't matter, whether 1 or 8 you still end up playing the best in the WCF

Johnny RIngo
02-21-2015, 06:57 PM
The seed doesn't matter, whether 1 or 8 you still end up playing the best in the WCF

The seed does matter. How often to you see 7th seed/8th seed teams win a championship in the NBA? Very rare for a reason - it's incredibly difficult to win four playoff series in a row without homecourt.

apalisoc_9
02-21-2015, 06:59 PM
a 15-3 run before the Playoffs will probably get them a 4th seed..

ChumpDumper
02-21-2015, 07:09 PM
Interesting leave of absence thread, tbh.

hater
02-21-2015, 09:31 PM
:lmao that avatar. Props