PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Oscars: Will 'American Terrorist' win Best Picture?

Infinite_limit
02-21-2015, 02:13 PM
Will the Oscars suffer the same death as the Grammys? Another historic American institution suffering cultural suicide

Pauly D
02-21-2015, 03:11 PM
I'm with you like 99% of the time and then you turn into this bleeding heart little bitch for these fucking dune coons

ChumpDumper
02-21-2015, 04:02 PM
What is with your love affair with Hollywood?

benefactor
02-21-2015, 04:27 PM
Probably Boyhood tbh.

Malik Hairston
02-21-2015, 04:27 PM
OP claims that he hates Americans and Blacks, but loves to follow the NBA, the NFL, the Kardashians, and the entertainment industry..not sure I understand, tbh..

Infinite_limit
02-21-2015, 05:05 PM
I'm with you like 99% of the time and then you turn into this bleeding heart little bitch for these fucking dune coons
https://i.imgur.com/P8ilx0e.gif

ohmwrecker
02-21-2015, 06:22 PM

Shut the fuck up, meathead.

JMarkJohns
02-21-2015, 08:19 PM
Director: Linklater or Inarritu
Actor: Keaton or Cooper
Picture: Boyhood or Whiplash

Sniper was a so-so movie carried by a fine acting job by Cooper.

Pauly D
02-22-2015, 12:04 AM
Shut the fuck up, meathead.

:lol

Thread
02-22-2015, 09:50 PM
The only good part of the Oscars is the 31 day build up that TCM does each year. Just incredible.

3iKjTadpsmk

HI-FI
02-22-2015, 10:12 PM
so far i was right about American Sniper picking up one of the oscars for Sound. Interstellar would've been a good choice as well.

HI-FI
02-22-2015, 11:10 PM
Oscars are so terrible to watch. it's just coked up liberals circle jerkin'. thank God for youtube where you just watch the best parts.

Silver&Black
02-22-2015, 11:30 PM
:cry More black men are incarcerated today than were slaves :cry

I hate this kinda shit about the Oscars....

Venti Quattro
02-22-2015, 11:47 PM
:lmao Poland

HI-FI
02-22-2015, 11:52 PM
I was hoping Keaton or Cooper would've won, but this guy :lol
nobody will remember this movie.

benefactor
02-22-2015, 11:52 PM
So all I have to do is play a retard or a disabled person or a retarded disabled person and I can win an Oscar. Neat.

Venti Quattro
02-22-2015, 11:54 PM
I was hoping Keaton or Cooper would've won, but this guy :lol
nobody will remember this movie.

So all I have to do is play a retard or a disabled person or a retarded disabled person and I can win an Oscar. Neat.

Two Mexicans have won the Best Director Award for two years in a row. Next year the director should be a Mexican :lol

benefactor
02-22-2015, 11:56 PM
Got fifty bucks on Scully for the women. Sticking with the ailment theme.

benefactor
02-22-2015, 11:57 PM
Got fifty bucks on Scully for the women. Sticking with the ailment theme.
Ha.

Boom.

Venti Quattro
02-23-2015, 12:00 AM
Best Actor: ALS

Best Actress: Alzheimer's

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

HI-FI
02-23-2015, 12:00 AM
well still grateful to Robert Altman for getting Julianne Moore to show her bush in Short Cuts. she's annoying as fuck though when speaking her own words.

Venti Quattro
02-23-2015, 12:05 AM
Well how shocking, Birdman won.....

benefactor
02-23-2015, 12:05 AM
Birdman takes it. They will be partying in SA tonight.

Silver&Black
02-23-2015, 12:06 AM
Can you imagine Sean Penn handing over the Oscar to the American Sniper cast? :lmao

lefty
02-23-2015, 12:08 AM
holy shit I thought the AA were in 2-3 weeks :lol

HI-FI
02-23-2015, 12:08 AM
I like Michael Keaton, I'm sure Birdman is a fine movie, but just doesn't seem like a movie people will talk about. The Oscar slide into irrelevance continues.

Two Mexicans have won the Best Director Award for two years in a row. Next year the director should be a Mexican :lol
there was a report how a lot of Oscar voters let their Mexican housemaids do the voting for them. not sure how accurate it is, but could explain back-to-back beanrs winning.

DMX7
02-23-2015, 12:13 AM
As usual, some questionable winners.

lefty
02-23-2015, 12:14 AM
:lol

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/race/brutally-honest-oscar-ballot-2015-773902

Spurminator
02-23-2015, 12:14 AM
Birdman was okay, but not Best Picture worthy. It was about an actor's existential journey for meaning post middle age, so naturally the Academy would find it totally relatable and relevant. Honestly it should have been called "First World Problems: The Movie."

HI-FI
02-23-2015, 12:16 AM
wow, just found out Roger Deakins has never won an Oscar. :lol
how is that even possible. that's up there with Kubrick never winning. what a joke.

DMX7
02-23-2015, 12:21 AM
wow, just found out Roger Deakins has never won an Oscar. :lol

0/12... that's just brutal, but Kubrick never winning one goes beyond that... it discredits the whole award.

lefty
02-23-2015, 12:22 AM
Oscar Voter Reveals Brutally Honest Ballot: "There's No Art to 'Selma,'" 'Boyhood' "Uneven"

An anonymous female Academy member gives Patricia Arquette a nod "for having no work done in 12 years," says she "could have watched my hair grow" during 'Foxcatcher' and resented 'Selma' filmmakers wearing "I can't breathe" T-shirts.

This is a lightly edited transcript of a conversation with an Academy member — who is not associated with any of this year's nominees — about her ballot. A conversation with a different member will post each day leading up to the Oscars ceremony on Feb. 22. Needless to say, their views are not necessarily endorsed by Scott Feinberg or THR.
RECOMMENDED

Brutally Honest Oscar Ballot No. 2: Voter Finds 'Whiplash' "Offensive," Doesn't "Get" 'Birdman'

Brutally Honest Oscar Ballot No. 3: 'Sniper' Attacks "Not Legitimate," Eddie Redmayne "Transformative"

Brutally Honest Oscar Ballot No. 4: 'Birdman' "Bored Me to Death," Carell "Blew Me Away"
VOTER PROFILE: A longtime member of the Academy's 378-member public relations branch.

➻ BEST PICTURE
First, let me say that I'm tired of all of this talk about "snubs" — I thought for every one of [the snubs] there was a justifiable reason. What no one wants to say out loud is that Selma is a well-crafted movie, but there's no art to it. If the movie had been directed by a 60-year-old white male, I don't think that people would have been carrying on about it to the level that they were. And as far as the accusations about the Academy being racist? Yes, most members are white males, but they are not the cast of Deliverance — they had to get into the Academy to begin with, so they're not cretinous, snaggletoothed hillbillies. When a movie about black people is good, members vote for it. But if the movie isn't that good, am I supposed to vote for it just because it has black people in it? I've got to tell you, having the cast show up in T-shirts saying "I can't breathe" [at their New York premiere] — I thought that stuff was offensive. Did they want to be known for making the best movie of the year or for stirring up shit?

HI-FI
02-23-2015, 12:29 AM
0/12... that's just brutal, but Kubrick never winning one goes beyond that... it discredits the whole award.
cosigned. I thought "Sniper" was one of Clint's best movies, he's got some good ones and some clunkers but him not being nominated is stupid.
Deakins has shot a lot of the best looking movies of the past 20 years, just don't know that is possible. But the Kubrick omission is all you need to know.

Silver&Black
02-23-2015, 12:31 AM
I'll be honest....I only saw American Sniper.

Were the others (Birdman, Grand Budapest Hotel, etc.) any good?

lefty
02-23-2015, 12:42 AM
:lol Kubrick Bryant Deakins
:lol choker
:lol 0/12

Pauly D
02-23-2015, 12:53 AM
I didn't like American Sniper but I did genuinely think Cooper shouldve won. What a joke that the fucking frozen faced, monotone performance (through no fault of his own) beat out people like Cooper and Keaton. I guess the whole "retard always wins" thing is true, even if it's just a physical retard

JMarkJohns
02-23-2015, 01:03 AM
Birdman was okay, but not Best Picture worthy. It was about an actor's existential journey for meaning post middle age, so naturally the Academy would find it totally relatable and relevant. Honestly it should have been called "First World Problems: The Movie."

I saw it at Telluride and walked back to my car at 2 am listening to a critic espousing how it was typical Hollywood masterbatory fluff that the academy would not allow to go unjerked.

Hollywood, tonight, jerked itself off and swallowed.

Nice commitment.

Holy hell what a shit show, though.

Whiplash was the best film of the year.

Aztecfan03
02-23-2015, 03:35 AM
Oscars are so terrible to watch. it's just coked up liberals circle jerkin'. thank God for youtube where you just watch the best parts.

All of the youtube videos from the oscars are being removed for copyright infringement.

DMX7
02-23-2015, 09:08 AM
I didn't like American Sniper but I did genuinely think Cooper shouldve won. What a joke that the fucking frozen faced, monotone performance (through no fault of his own) beat out people like Cooper and Keaton. I guess the whole "retard always wins" thing is true, even if it's just a physical retard

You're right. American sniper was a decent movie but Cooper killed it (no pun intended) in his performance. He really deserved it.

monosylab1k
02-23-2015, 09:37 AM
Seems like this was a shitty year for movies. My favorite of the nominees was Boyhood and I was more impressed with the story behind the movie than the actual movie.

MultiTroll
02-23-2015, 10:46 AM
Phonyfest cliff notes from what i see blathered over the next-day media:
Travolta desperately trying to feign hetero by pawing a couple chicks. Johnasen looks repulsed.

Oprah run away rhino goes under the rope. Maybe she had to use the can in a hurry, poor thing.

Some coons are up in arms about Selma not sweeping. Oprah is the voice of reason. Plus it did get a song nomination.

Some Eurotrash model named IamaSkank or somesuch presses the boundry again. Yawn.

Inherent Vice gets a nomination. :lmao

This show should be used for sincere people who medically need their stomachs emptied.

Pauly D
02-23-2015, 11:13 AM
Just saw Arquette's feminist garbage and now I'm nauseous. There's a gender pay gap because men and women tend to take different jobs. SAME job with SAME qualifications and there is no fucking gap. The willful ignorance pisses me off so much. And to see Meryl Streep passionately applaud was the icing on the vomit cake. Fuck off

Pauly D
02-23-2015, 11:18 AM
btw, only movies I've watched so far is American Sniper and Nightcrawler. I've heard it from others already but now I'm officially on the bandwagon of HOW THE FUCK WAS NIGHTCRAWLER NOT EVEN NOMINATED AND AN EVEN BIGGER HOW THE FUCK WAS GYLLENHAAL NOT EVEN NOMINATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If he doesn't get one by the time he's 40 it'll be a shame. With his performances in Jarhead, Prisoners, and Nightcrawler, he's officially "my boy." I'm actually a fan of a specific actor now which is weird

MultiTroll
02-23-2015, 11:19 AM
Just saw Arquette's feminist garbage
Is this the chick who used to be a dude?

Pauly D
02-23-2015, 11:24 AM
Is this the chick who used to be a dude?

Patricia Arquette? Don't think so. Don't wanna look her up right now though either cause there will be tons of results about her diatribe

jeebus
02-23-2015, 12:23 PM
I enjoyed The Grand Budapest Hotel but I knew it had no shot at winning over that piece of shit fagman movie. I like Keaton but that movie is on par with crash, forrest gump, and american beauty.

Aztecfan03
02-23-2015, 01:10 PM
Just saw Arquette's feminist garbage and now I'm nauseous. There's a gender pay gap because men and women tend to take different jobs. SAME job with SAME qualifications and there is no fucking gap. The willful ignorance pisses me off so much. And to see Meryl Streep passionately applaud was the icing on the vomit cake. Fuck off

Agreed. Even with the icing on the vomit cake part because I don't like icing. But shit would have probably been better to use than icing.

redzero
02-23-2015, 03:41 PM
btw, only movies I've watched so far is American Sniper and Nightcrawler. I've heard it from others already but now I'm officially on the bandwagon of HOW THE FUCK WAS NIGHTCRAWLER NOT EVEN NOMINATED AND AN EVEN BIGGER HOW THE FUCK WAS GYLLENHAAL NOT EVEN NOMINATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If he doesn't get one by the time he's 40 it'll be a shame. With his performances in Jarhead, Prisoners, and Nightcrawler, he's officially "my boy." I'm actually a fan of a specific actor now which is weird

Yeah, Gyllenhaal was great in Nightcrawler. The snub was ridiculous.

Birdman is a good movie, though.

DarrinS
02-23-2015, 04:54 PM
lol @ this manufactured "outrage"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/02/23/sean-penn-green-card_n_6733238.html
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/daniella-abinum/sean-penn-oscars-green-card_b_6733528.html

And the reaction of the person it was "aimed" at
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/02/23/sean-penn-oscars-_n_6735324.html?1424708632

Fucking libtards. Hypervigilant for evidence of racism.

Aztecfan03
02-23-2015, 05:25 PM

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/daniella-abinum/sean-penn-oscars-green-card_b_6733528.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/02/23/sean-penn-oscars-_n_6735324.html?1424708632

Many were even mad at Patricia Arquette for talking about "wage inequality" for women but not for minorities.

CitizenDwayne
02-23-2015, 05:30 PM
:lol @ people getting mad about the Sean Penn joke

Penn has worked with the director before, and both have only positive things to say about the experience.

Plus, isn't he all involved in civil rights shit himself?

ChumpDumper
02-23-2015, 05:32 PM
Penn is a dick, but not for that joke.

Spurminator
02-23-2015, 06:18 PM

And on the other hand LOL at the manufactured outrage about the manufactured outrage. I've certainly heard more of that reaction today than I have from people actually outraged by the comment. As usual.

DMX7
02-23-2015, 06:34 PM
I was a little surprised by Penn's joke but the guy it was aimed at played it cool.

DAF86
02-23-2015, 07:32 PM

I always thought of Sean Penn as the kind of guy that would whine about a joke like that, tbh. :lol

Pauly D
02-23-2015, 08:07 PM
And on the other hand LOL at the manufactured outrage about the manufactured outrage. I've certainly heard more of that reaction today than I have from people actually outraged by the comment. As usual.

Except we're not writing articles about, faggot. So the first person to complain is no different than the person who complains because they're annoyed at the first person?

Spurminator
02-23-2015, 08:19 PM
Except we're not writing articles about, faggot. So the first person to complain is no different than the person who complains because they're annoyed at the first person?

This may come as a surprise to you, but there are conversations about daily events happening outside of this website. So when I say I've heard or read something, there's a very good chance it happened somewhere other than The Club on SpursTalk.

IceColdBrewski
02-23-2015, 08:29 PM
The Oscars? Gonna have to start collecting some man cards around here.

Pauly D
02-23-2015, 09:05 PM
This may come as a surprise to you, but there are conversations about daily events happening outside of this website. So when I say I've heard or read something, there's a very good chance it happened somewhere other than The Club on SpursTalk.

right, other message boards. I'm talking about articles and blogs. You're comment that you've "heard more of that reaction today than I have from people actually outraged by the comment" is complete bullshit. You're comparing little message boards like this to fucking articles in HuffPo, Salon, Jezebel, etc.

Spurminator
02-23-2015, 09:56 PM
right, other message boards. I'm talking about articles and blogs. You're comment that you've "heard more of that reaction today than I have from people actually outraged by the comment" is complete bullshit. You're comparing little message boards like this to fucking articles in HuffPo, Salon, Jezebel, etc.

Who said anything about other message boards? I don't go to other message boards.

You seem to have a very limited view on where discussion happens. It's surprising, because you seem like a pretty socially-connected person with a lot of hobbies and interaction with people outside of the web.

I have heard more *about* the outrage than I've heard actual outrage about the comments. The sources vary... from articles/comments on social media, to radio coverage, to TV coverage, to actual live conversations with actual humans.

Maybe you haven't experienced the same, though I'm curious as to whether you came across the columns on Salon, Jezebel, etc. because you actually read those sites, or because someone like DarrinS pointed them out to you with a similar "lol, stupid liberals whining about racism again" take on the matter. Probably the latter, right?

Same way you always hear about what Al Fucking Sharpton is up to, right? Not because you follow Al Sharpton or give a shit what he says, but because every time he says something there are a 100 thousand conservative blogs who cover it.

DMX7
02-23-2015, 10:01 PM
CitizenFour (Best Documentary Winner) is playing right now on HBO, and it is boring so far. Snowden comes across as pretentious and seems high on the power from all the information he stole.

Pauly D
02-23-2015, 10:06 PM
Maybe you haven't experienced the same, though I'm curious as to whether you came across the columns on Salon, Jezebel, etc. because you actually read those sites, or because someone like DarrinS pointed them out to you with a similar "lol, stupid liberals whining about racism again" take on the matter. Probably the latter, right?

Same way you always hear about what Al Fucking Sharpton is up to, right? Not because you follow Al Sharpton or give a shit what he says, but because every time he says something there are a 100 thousand conservative blogs who cover it.

your point seems to be that the people like DarrinS, who complain about the whiners, are just as bad. They're not the initial complainers. They, like myself, want people to stop bitching and consider context.

Spurminator
02-23-2015, 10:11 PM
your point seems to be that the people like DarrinS, who complain about the whiners, are just as bad. They're not the initial complainers. They, like myself, want people to stop bitching and consider context.

My point is they amplify complaints that a very very small amount of the population shares.

I made no comparison on who is as bad as anyone else. I think those articles are stupid.

DeadlyDynasty
02-25-2015, 10:46 AM
Lol at the white actors using visine during the Selma song

DarrinS
02-25-2015, 11:26 AM

Yeah, me laughing at them is "outrage".

Infinite_limit
02-25-2015, 03:28 PM
More Oscar "racism"

http://www.glamour.com/images/beauty/2015/02/zendaya-dreadlocks-oscars-giuliana-rancic-w540.jpg

"My wearing my hair in locs on an Oscar red carpet was to showcase them in a positive light, to remind people of color that our hair is good enough," she wrote. "To me locs are a symbol of strength and beauty, almost like a lion's mane."

Giuliana Rancic apologizes to Zendaya on-air over hair comment

The line crosser? After noting the heaviness of Zendaya's hairstyle in comparison to her recent pixie cut, she'd continued: "I feel like she smells like patchouli oil or weed. Maybe weed."

Pauly D
02-25-2015, 04:28 PM
More Oscar "racism"

http://www.glamour.com/images/beauty/2015/02/zendaya-dreadlocks-oscars-giuliana-rancic-w540.jpg

"My wearing my hair in locs on an Oscar red carpet was to showcase them in a positive light, to remind people of color that our hair is good enough," she wrote. "To me locs are a symbol of strength and beauty, almost like a lion's mane."

pffff. Ok, sweetie. Say that the other 364 days out of the year with your whitened out hair. The bitch could easily play a white character with the right hairdo anyway. She's hardly a "sista representin her people"

The line crosser? After noting the heaviness of Zendaya's hairstyle in comparison to her recent pixie cut, she'd continued: "I feel like she smells like patchouli oil or weed. Maybe weed."

:lmao remind me more of very long turds