PDA

View Full Version : Heat: Dragic non-committal about re-signing with Heat

Sheriff Hoyt
02-21-2015, 03:28 PM

Malik Hairston
02-21-2015, 03:34 PM
Dragic is good, but he's a PG nearing 30 and is delusional to the point that he purportedly wants to be the star player of a team..he was really underrated last year, and was arguably one of the 5 best PGs in the NBA, but any team that signs him to a major, long-term deal will regret it..

BatManu20
02-21-2015, 03:44 PM
I will lol if he leaves Miami.. Not sure why he would though tbh. They're likely his best bet, and he'll get to live in South Beach. The Lakers are going to be ass for a while, going there would just be throwing away his prime. Although the Heat won't be beating the Cavs in the playoffs anytime soon anyways, so I guess the point is moot.

Thread
02-21-2015, 03:54 PM
They reported here that it was Miami & ONLY MIAMI the entire time.

illmatic
02-21-2015, 04:23 PM
They reported here that it was Miami & ONLY MIAMI the entire time.

What do you mean?

illmatic
02-21-2015, 04:23 PM
He's pulling the same shit he pulled this entire season with the Suns. There's talk that he's eyeing LA.

Malik Hairston
02-21-2015, 04:25 PM
Does LA have a large Slovenian community?

illusioNtEk
02-21-2015, 04:26 PM
he should try to avoid these types of questions as its just hurting his image.

Malik Hairston
02-21-2015, 04:28 PM
he should try to avoid these types of questions as its just hurting his image.

He's White and looks like a Lord of the Rings character, there's nothing he can do that will harm his image, tbh..

illmatic
02-21-2015, 04:29 PM

I really don't have the faintest idea why his heart is set on LA other then the endorsements and the bright lights. Other then that, it's gonna be awhile before that team is relevant again, even with him on the team.

djohn2oo8
02-21-2015, 04:45 PM
I really don't have the faintest idea why his heart is set on LA other then the endorsements and the bright lights. Other then that, it's gonna be awhile before that team is relevant again, even with him on the team.

His agent is pushing it. They make most of their money off endorsements.

illmatic
02-21-2015, 04:47 PM
With all that being said, I hope LA maxes him.

FkLA
02-21-2015, 04:50 PM
His agent is pushing it. They make most of their money off endorsements.

No they don't you moron. Maybe the LeBrons and Durants do but not the rest of NBA players. Let's say Dragic signs an $80 mill deal, there's no way he makes more than that on endorsements. :lol

djohn2oo8
02-21-2015, 04:52 PM
No they don't you moron. Maybe the LeBrons and Durants do but not the rest of NBA players. Let's say Dragic signs an $80 mill deal, there's no way he makes more than that on endorsements. :lol

No dummy. Agents make most of their money off their client's endorsements.

jeebus
02-21-2015, 04:53 PM
Now that Bosh is on his death bed, no way Dragic resigns.

FkLA
02-21-2015, 05:03 PM
No dummy. Agents make most of their money off their client's endorsements.

Ok, but it's still stupid since their earnings go hand in hand. NBA earnings are considerably higher than endorsement earnings unless you are LeBron/Kobe/Durant. An agent might get a higher commission for endorsements but the total endorsement salary per year doesn't approach an NBA salary.

Slomo
02-21-2015, 05:23 PM

Not even Slovenia has a large Slovenian community, so no. :)

djohn2oo8
02-21-2015, 05:25 PM
Dragic and Love to L.A.

Thread
02-21-2015, 05:28 PM
What do you mean?

Gambo was told by his people that he only wanted to go to Miami, that the Knicks & Lakers were never a consideration.

djohn2oo8
02-21-2015, 05:31 PM
Gambo was told by his people that he only wanted to go to Miami, that the Knicks & Lakers were never a consideration.

Lakers are still in it for him this summer.

Thread
02-21-2015, 05:32 PM
Lakers are still in it for him this summer.

Not according to reports here.

Stalin
02-21-2015, 05:35 PM
He's White and looks like a Lord of the Rings character, there's nothing he can do that will harm his image, tbh..

:lol:lol

Clipper Nation
02-21-2015, 05:40 PM
Dragic and Love to L.A.
:lol Fredo about to spend fuck-you money on a perennial 9th seed

Kamnik
02-21-2015, 06:25 PM

:lmao

Kamnik
02-21-2015, 06:28 PM
I followed Dragic really closely for 5 years now.... Most of you have no idea what you are talking about.

Suns are a trainwreck of an organisation. What the hell were they thinking having 999 point guards on the team?!
I don't get all the Dragič hate right now. Getting the hell out of there was the only smart thing. BASKETBALL WISE.

He is getting paid in the summer no matter where he is...

jeebus
02-21-2015, 06:34 PM
tbh if the Sperms had just kept Dragic instead of traiding for Malik Hairston, this would be a much calmer situation. Who knows, Enrique might be in LA with Rin, teaching him his ways.

harlem would then have the goran dragic troll and it would be a very different spurmtalk.

illmatic
02-21-2015, 06:44 PM

Not according to the Suns GM who said they never received a list of teams.

illmatic
02-21-2015, 06:45 PM
Not according to reports here.

Keep wishing Cubby.

JMarkJohns
02-21-2015, 06:51 PM
He's a toss up to go to LA, which I think the Suns suspected, likely with Kevin Love, who lives LA and would be an ideal pick-n-pop mate for Dragic, which is likely why they were seemingly so flippant with the Lakers 1st. They needed a miracle to get it this year. Add Dragic and Love to Kobe, Randle, Hill, and maybe a Stanley Johnson and that "top-5" 1st is like 12-18 range.

-21-
02-22-2015, 02:41 AM

The Heat would be lucky if he doesn't re-sign. Dragic is a talented player but he's not young or good enough for a max contract. They didn't give up much for him anyway aside from the draft picks. The Heat aren't known for building through the draft and Miami is a desirable destination for many FAs so I don't think they'd lose much if he leaves tbh.

02-22-2015, 03:07 AM
Not even Slovenia has a large Slovenian community, so no. :):lol

Sean Cagney
02-22-2015, 03:09 AM
Dragic is good, but he's a PG nearing 30 and is delusional to the point that he purportedly wants to be the star player of a team..he was really underrated last year, and was arguably one of the 5 best PGs in the NBA, but any team that signs him to a major, long-term deal will regret it..

I agree on this here. You know some team will give him his payday though, it is bound to happen and they will regret it later, but it will happen.

DMC
02-22-2015, 04:00 AM

Seriously? Whatever you do for a living, do you do it for the money or so your company can be best in class? If you could be best in class by taking less money and living in a shitty Be@ner filled city, wouldn't you? Isn't best in class what every worker really wants?

illmatic
02-22-2015, 04:37 AM
Seriously? Whatever you do for a living, do you do it for the money or so your company can be best in class? If you could be best in class by taking less money and living in a shitty Be@ner filled city, wouldn't you? Isn't best in class what every worker really wants?

I don't give a shit anymore, he's Miami's problem, and soon to be Cubby's.

Malik Hairston
02-22-2015, 10:30 AM

Slovene?

Chillen
02-22-2015, 11:33 AM
He would be a good fit with the Lakers and they can trade Lin. I bet he signs there in the offseason.

Chillen
02-22-2015, 11:36 AM
He's a toss up to go to LA, which I think the Suns suspected, likely with Kevin Love, who lives LA and would be an ideal pick-n-pop mate for Dragic, which is likely why they were seemingly so flippant with the Lakers 1st. They needed a miracle to get it this year. Add Dragic and Love to Kobe, Randle, Hill, and maybe a Stanley Johnson and that "top-5" 1st is like 12-18 range.

Lakers will be a playoff team with that lineup, but they won't win an NBA title. Love should stay in Cleveland.

djohn2oo8
02-22-2015, 11:37 AM
Lakers will be a playoff team with that lineup, but they won't win an NBA title. Love should stay in Cleveland.

Lakers won't be a playoff team again until Kobe retires, and they build through the draft.

JMarkJohns
02-22-2015, 02:11 PM

Love ideals LA. He covets being "the guy" as does Dragic, who's openly stated he views LA as an ideal. They are both high usage pick-n-pop and are efficient at it. Throw in two top-7 draft picks and even more CAP space in 2016 when the CAP increases and Kobe and Hill's deals are off the books, and you have a strong foundation. Cleveland offers winning, but at the expense of numbers, reputation, fun. In LA he'll be a hero, not a scape goat.

JMarkJohns
02-22-2015, 02:13 PM
Lakers won't be a playoff team again until Kobe retires, and they build through the draft.

Can't have too many high draft picks. Just a few, otherwise they cannibalize each other's development, production, etc.

Two back-to-back top-7 picks in two strong drafts plus valued FAs, and hope for more CAP space in the future is a smart play.

unleashbaynes
02-22-2015, 02:14 PM

If the entire goal of your company was compete for a trophy that earned you national recognition and ample opportunity for fat endorsement deals, you might.

Mori Chu
02-22-2015, 03:02 PM
Have fun with that, Miami! LMAO! Enjoy paying Dragic $20m a year for the next 5. I'm sure he'll be worth every penny when he's 35.

DMC
02-22-2015, 04:39 PM
If the entire goal of your company was compete for a trophy that earned you national recognition and ample opportunity for fat endorsement deals, you might.

The entire goal of an NBA franchise isn't to win championships. It's to make money. The majority of NBA players never win a ring, and the majority of the ones who do don't get many endorsements (think Matt Bonner or Danny Green). You have to make hay while the sun is shining in your career (no pun intended). Waiting around for a ring is not always a good investment.

The biggest NBA money makers where endorsements are concerned often haven't won a ring. Chris Paul, Blake, Melo, Durant, Westbrook, Curry... Kobe has and Lebron has, but who else?

Slomo
02-23-2015, 08:12 AM
I followed Dragic really closely for 5 years now.... Most of you have no idea what you are talking about.

Suns are a trainwreck of an organisation. What the hell were they thinking having 999 point guards on the team?!
I don't get all the Dragič hate right now. Getting the hell out of there was the only smart thing. BASKETBALL WISE.

He is getting paid in the summer no matter where he is...

I'm a big fan of Dragič and really happy for him - but I don't think I'll be able to root for the Heat...

Slovene?

With less than 2 million of us it's difficult to have a large community anywhere - even in our home country :)

A serious answer would be that the largest Slovenian community outside of Slovenia is in Cleveland, an estimated 50,000.

Kamnik
02-23-2015, 01:12 PM
I'm a big fan of Dragič and really happy for him - but I don't think I'll be able to root for the Heat...

With less than 2 million of us it's difficult to have a large community anywhere - even in our home country :)

A serious answer would be that the largest Slovenian community outside of Slovenia is in Cleveland, an estimated 50,000.

Well... Heat was the only good organisation out there where he could still do something in his primer. Allthough... this thing with Bosh now is extremely unfortunate.

Lakers and Knicks are both years from assembling any decent team out there. And Indiana is also going nowhere with their current roster even with George healthy.

I never liked Lebron... but Riley, Spoelstra, Bosh, Chalmers and especially Haslem are all "likeable".

Wade... I can live with him :)