PDA

View Full Version : Warriors are clear cut favorites to win it all

testies
02-22-2015, 06:29 PM
they copied our system but with younger, better players.

they always played defense, and they have 2 of the top5 all time shooters in their team. Bogut and Igoudala

This season really exposes Mark Jackson as the WOAT coach.

Warriors games look like those team USA games at the FIBA tournaments, where you can only hang in for 2 or 3 quarters

I CAN'T BELIEVE how 90% of people and media are saying they are by far the favorites
to me it aint even close, im really good at tehse eye test things

BatManu20
02-22-2015, 06:33 PM
Na the Wizards.

Russ
02-22-2015, 06:38 PM
Can't wait to see them play OKC. :toast

703 Spurz
02-22-2015, 07:06 PM
Even if true, so what? Spurs weren't winning 20 titles. Someone has to win it. Good for Steve Kerr if they pull it off.

Obstructed_View
02-22-2015, 07:34 PM
They've played so well they have to be considered clear-cut favorites, and there's pressure that goes along with that, especially for a jump-shooting team. They're going to have to rely on defense and ball-movement when shots aren't falling, otherwise the Spurs blueprint for playing them in the playoffs still applies.

Malik Hairston
02-22-2015, 08:02 PM
Warriors actually don't play much like last year's Spurs from a personnel standpoint, they are extremely and heavily reliant on 1 player for their offense, tbh..

apalisoc_9
02-22-2015, 08:11 PM
Warriors actually don't play much like last year's Spurs from a personnel standpoint, they are extremely and heavily reliant on 1 player for their offense, tbh..

just look at them today....

RD2191
02-22-2015, 08:25 PM
Nope. Not even close.

TheGreatYacht
02-22-2015, 08:26 PM
Lost to the Pacers. In case you weren't sure Curry was the MVP before

cjw
02-22-2015, 08:33 PM
Had we lost to the Pacers after beating a west playoff team, this place would be ablaze.

Malik Hairston
02-22-2015, 08:36 PM
Curry has been a top 2 player for a reason, tbh..

Thompson is a great scorer, but most of his points are generated through screens, etc, and he doesn't have any playmaking ability or draw attention..

MI21
02-22-2015, 08:42 PM
I really hope we get the GS v OKC matchup in the first round, from a neutral standpoint, it would be great to watch.

ducks
02-22-2015, 08:42 PM
they average 26 fast break points did not get much tonight and lost

K...
02-22-2015, 09:02 PM
The warriors: that cute team. Why do certain posters (like Rob Diaz here but countless others) argue so forcefully that the warriors are not the best team this year like it's an agreed on rule?

I have the same problem with people saying "Point guard led teams never win titles". In each case there are legitimate arguments why you might say either statement (respectively, the warriors have underperformed two years straight, point guards can be shut down by bigger players ). In each case your statement is only true in the past. There is no iron clad rule preventing the warriors or a point guard lead team from winning.

The warriors are a young team and can be expected to get better every year. They replaced a coach widely considered to be unskilled with a promising new one. They have played very motivated and as spurs fans should see that is a legitimate advantage.

Given, that several west power teams from the past look worse now (clippers, spurs, okc if not fully healthy) how can you not say that the warriors are the best or at least a better team? They have (arguably) the best 1-5 talent among all nba teams this year.

Regarding Curry, a guard, being their best player, i think the rule about point guards is less persuasive than this one: The most talented team will win in the playoffs. Crazy right?

If you shut down the point guard there are still 4 other positions and if those players are better than there opponents i'd expect the point guard based team to still win. Maybe the Warriors are actually good? Maybe they can figure out how to play without Curry if they are forced to. I'd be eager to see Steve Kerr have to figure it out. But i'd bet Curry is coming back.

Finally, fwiw, I can't think of a team in the west that would survive a loss of their best or second best player either.

tmtcsc
02-22-2015, 10:05 PM
Being the champs of the regular season wins you nada. Let's see how tough they are in the playoffs. Can they grind it out and get over the top? Not one player on their team has won a title, much less played in the finals. How important is that?

Not one team in the last 25 years has accomplished it - 1990 Chicago Bulls. Just to be clear, if I'm not mistaken, not one team has won a NBA Finals WITHOUT having a player who had previously played in a Finals, since the Michael Jordan led Bulls of 1990. Interesting stat.

K...
02-22-2015, 10:13 PM
They've been in the playoffs enough I wouldn't hold that against them. Then there is a the coach, Steve Kerr, the dude got rings.

This is another dumb stat without substance. The eye test says they're the best team so far. Yes, things will change in the playoffs but stop these lazy arguments that suggests that some magic force will hold back this team because they're cute, popular, or new.

RD2191
02-22-2015, 10:18 PM
Teams with PGs as their best player don't win titles. Doesn't happen. Case closed

tmtcsc
02-22-2015, 10:45 PM
They've been in the playoffs enough I wouldn't hold that against them. Then there is a the coach, Steve Kerr, the dude got rings.

This is another dumb stat without substance. The eye test says they're the best team so far. Yes, things will change in the playoffs but stop these lazy arguments that suggests that some magic force will hold back this team because they're cute, popular, or new.

Just playing in the playoffs doesn't cut it. Getting to the Finals and winning is a whole different ballgame. I admit the stat seems irrelevant but it can't just be a coincidence that only 2 teams in the last 35 years have been able to pull it off. Who's going to play big in big games? Will the 3's fall with elimination on the line? Can they get a stop when they need one the most? Will they be satisfied just winning 2 rounds?

I remember Mario Elie telling Avery (after the Spurs swept the Blazers) "We haven't done anything yet. We still have work to do. Don't be happy with this." Of course, they had Tim Duncan, but still...

spurtech09
02-22-2015, 11:27 PM
warriors.....warriors lol.... your kidding right?.......warriors....LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

spurtech09
02-22-2015, 11:28 PM
Teams with PGs as their best player don't win titles. Doesn't happen. Case closedtrue true and true

lefty
02-22-2015, 11:36 PM
So Isiah and Magic never won a title ?

spurtech09
02-22-2015, 11:38 PM
magic doesn't look like a pg btw

spurtech09
02-22-2015, 11:40 PM
that was than this is now

DrunkTXLabrat
02-22-2015, 11:51 PM
Being the champs of the regular season wins you nada. Let's see how tough they are in the playoffs. Can they grind it out and get over the top? Not one player on their team has won a title, much less played in the finals. How important is that?

Not one team in the last 25 years has accomplished it - 1990 Chicago Bulls. Just to be clear, if I'm not mistaken, not one team has won a NBA Finals WITHOUT having a player who had previously played in a Finals, since the Michael Jordan led Bulls of 1990. Interesting stat.

i think the coach won one

K...
02-22-2015, 11:53 PM
Could the people who argue point guards can't win championship actually make the full argument and not just parrot smarter posters who know basketball.

The people who don't like golden state are bringing the oddest set of lame fetish arguments because you can't argue the eye test or statistics. So you make dumb statements about point guards without addressing the full team's talent.

Also, there is a entire thread to debate the whole point guard thing. It basically derailed when they couldn't agree on what a point guard is. You can almost reduce the argument to "tall players are better than short players"

szkorhetz
02-23-2015, 02:41 AM
Can't wait to see them play OKC. :toast
If we can't put it together quickly, we are much more likely to get that eight seed, TBH.

Sean Cagney
02-23-2015, 03:03 AM
If we can't put it together quickly, we are much more likely to get that eight seed, TBH.

With Durant out this week or so you would hope not but honestly this seems likely the way OKC is playing right now and the Spurs look like utter fucking shit. I hope to avoid that first round match up by all means but you never know.

Sean Cagney
02-23-2015, 03:06 AM
I really hope we get the GS v OKC matchup in the first round, from a neutral standpoint, it would be great to watch.

DAMN RIGHT man, I would love to see that.

Had we lost to the Pacers after beating a west playoff team, this place would be ablaze.
They were without Curry, that is a major part of the team so that loss is not that bad honestly. BTW we almost did lose to the Pacers, we had to pull out a comeback win there.

benstanfield
02-23-2015, 03:46 AM
No chance in fuck the Warriors have better odds than the Cavs/Hawks. The best teams in the East have to win 1 actual playoff series against each other and then variance gives them pretty good odds heads up against the West champ. I wouldn't put any West team above the field in the WC. Give me good odds and I'll take ATL or CLE over the East field in a heartbeat.

Fireball
02-23-2015, 03:47 AM
I do not know if they win the title, but they have a very good chance. I mean, they played beautifully against the Spurs and comparing them to a Suns team is kind of bullshit when the Dubs are Top3 defensive team in the NBA. You have to play 48 good minutes against them otherwise you are toast because they have a 15-0 run in like 2 minutes - especially at home. The Spurs will not win this year, so I think I like the Dubs more than OKC, Portland, Houston, Memphis, Dallas and the Clips.

benstanfield
02-23-2015, 03:57 AM
I do not know if they win the title, but they have a very good chance. I mean, they played beautifully against the Spurs and comparing them to a Suns team is kind of bullshit when the Dubs are Top3 defensive team in the NBA. You have to play 48 good minutes against them otherwise you are toast because they have a 15-0 run in like 2 minutes - especially at home. The Spurs will not win this year, so I think I like the Dubs more than OKC, Portland, Houston, Memphis, Dallas and the Clips.

In all likelihood they will have to play OKC out of the gate. I would give the Spurs better odds to advance against Memphis tbh. Not by a lot, but if Durant and WB are healthy that's basically a toss up.

Fireball
02-23-2015, 04:05 AM
In all likelihood they will have to play OKC out of the gate. I would give the Spurs better odds to advance against Memphis tbh. Not by a lot, but if Durant and WB are healthy that's basically a toss up.

I agree, I am also not sure GS can beat a healthy OKC team ... but I will be rooting for them.

Russo21
02-23-2015, 07:12 AM
Western Conference playoff's are gonna be sweet! All 8 playoff teams have a legit shot at winning the West which is great, unlike the days of yesteryear when you pretty much knew the Lakers and Spurs would make the finals, throw in 2 appearances for Dallas and 1 for OKC and I think they're the only 4 teams who have won the west since 99? Lets hope the Spurs can extend the run. The Lakers certainly won't lmao

tmtcsc
02-23-2015, 07:55 AM
i think the coach won one

I was referring to players only, but yeah he won at least 1, maybe 5.

soxxx
02-23-2015, 12:57 PM
I would love to see OKC vs Golden State. I think OKC can just one-up them. That series would be amazing.

r0drig0lac
02-23-2015, 02:45 PM
lol

DieHardSpursFan1537
02-23-2015, 04:12 PM
No chance in fuck the Warriors have better odds than the Cavs/Hawks. The best teams in the East have to win 1 actual playoff series against each other and then variance gives them pretty good odds heads up against the West champ. I wouldn't put any West team above the field in the WC. Give me good odds and I'll take ATL or CLE over the East field in a heartbeat.
Exactly. In the East, there's only a few great teams like the Cavaliers, Hawks, and Raptor. The rest are fucking awful. In the West, anyone could rise.

ImDaNuts
02-23-2015, 09:35 PM

actually they are the favorite according to vegas